» «
Photo

Vehicle Customisation - MCLA style

655 replies to this topic
JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:50 AM Edited by JBanton, 30 March 2012 - 12:53 PM.

QUOTE (MrAfro77 @ Monday, Mar 26 2012, 23:10)
This wasnt in MCLA but engine swapping would be cool IMO, taking the engine of an infernus or turismo and putting it in futo or a blista compact

Also the ability to rev would be nice, in the trailer the guy in the red sports car rev'ed at the girl, hopefully thats a sign that you can rev now

We could rev in IV, hold the handbrake and accelecrate tounge.gif

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:54 PM

I wonder if we'll be allowed to modify law enforcement vehicles this time around, R* were talking about a bold new direction...

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:43 AM

It's looking like Sleeping Dogs will include good vehicle customisation; including the ability to add liveries to your cars. Now I think I'll be really disappointed if good vehicle customisation doesn't feature in GTA V.

Umdlye
  • Umdlye

Pĺ̢a ̶ye̕̕r̨ Ha ͠t́V

• Members

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE (MrAfro77 @ Monday, Mar 26 2012, 23:10)
This wasnt in MCLA but engine swapping would be cool IMO, taking the engine of an infernus or turismo and putting it in futo or a blista compact

Also the ability to rev would be nice, in the trailer the guy in the red sports car rev'ed at the girl, hopefully thats a sign that you can rev now

That would be great. Take an ordinary sedan and put a sweet engine in it and you have a sleeper ride biggrin.gif
That kinda makes me want a Assassin's Creed style multiplayer mode where you have to find your target and kill it biggrin.gif

Versous
  • Versous

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:00 PM

Why not? would be a cool feature!

Verdant Meadows Pedestrian
  • Verdant Meadows Pedestrian

Smokin ganja till the day is overô

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:38 PM

I don't know why, but for some reason I think car modding won't be a feature in V, even though I obviously want it. Have in mind that MCLA is a racing game, and you can't have the same level of customisation in a sandbox. What's more, I don't want the same level, because it would make the game feel like a racing game. What I want is just a few more stuff than in San Andreas, plus ability to customise your houses, and lot of player customisation, more than San Andreas.

Verdant Meadows Pedestrian
  • Verdant Meadows Pedestrian

Smokin ganja till the day is overô

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE (JBanton @ Monday, Mar 26 2012, 19:35)
QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Monday, Mar 26 2012, 03:10)
QUOTE (pilsvern @ Monday, Jan 16 2012, 20:28)
Something like Gran Turismo would be OK 4 me

Too advanced... Midnight Club: LA style would fit GTA V better

user posted image user posted image
user posted imageuser posted image

I think he meant in terms of visuals, although you can make your cars look nice in Gran Turismo 5, the system you have to use to do so is HORRIBLE to say the least.

Come on... San Andreas has more modf. abilites than GT5... and that's a fact, I have both...

packardcaribien
  • packardcaribien

Let's blow some *&%# Up!

• Members

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:31 PM Edited by packardcaribien, 27 June 2012 - 02:35 PM.

At the absolute and very least, you should be able to choose whatever color out
of the cars standard selection you want when you visit a Pay N' Spray. I don't
want to cycle through or get stuck on one color in a glitch.

And for those who complained about the color option menu going against
the 'quick respray to avoid the cops' purpose of the pay and spray
: How
about if you enter the P&S while wanted it just gives you a random different
color, if you enter while not wanted, it gives you a choice of any color.
--------------------
For anybody talking about spawning garages - I am against them; but only
if steps go toward it becoming easier to keep your car.
1. NPC traffic needs to be more realistic and will not crash into you on purpose for
stopping at a red light, and will driver faster than 35 mph on the highway.
2. Cars need to explode less - still get damaged, but not explode unless actually
shot right in the gas tank.
3. Cars in dire disrepair should be able to be temporarily fixed by walking to the
engine like in Mafia II (the cell phone did this in IV).
4. Cars never disappear of the face of the earth, in missions or in free roam.
They should get an icon on the map and stay there like in LA Noire.
5. Cars that have been in your garage or parking space before that you have left
somewhere should be able to be gotten by calling a tow truck; then the car will
show up at your house the next day for a fee.
6. If you die or are arrested while using a car that was previously in your garage,
you should be able to retreive it from a police impound lot; either legally for a
fee, or by breaking in.
If all or most of that was included, I would be completely satisfied with an old GTA
garage system. But for the time being, I am scared to use my cars in IV.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (Verdant Meadows Pedestrian @ Wednesday, Jun 27 2012, 14:41)
QUOTE (JBanton @ Monday, Mar 26 2012, 19:35)
QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Monday, Mar 26 2012, 03:10)
QUOTE (pilsvern @ Monday, Jan 16 2012, 20:28)
Something like Gran Turismo would be OK 4 me

Too advanced... Midnight Club: LA style would fit GTA V better

user posted image user posted image

I think he meant in terms of visuals, although you can make your cars look nice in Gran Turismo 5, the system you have to use to do so is HORRIBLE to say the least.

Come on... San Andreas has more modf. abilites than GT5... and that's a fact, I have both...

GTA SA may have more than GT5 in terms of visuals, but definitely not in terms of performance wink.gif

I really like the impound idea for if you are arrested in a stored vehicle.

Colour glitches were a right pain in GTA IV, especially the Infernus-type ones, I really hope that they don't return for V.

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:34 PM

No way. MCLA's theme is racing, so in depth car customization was pretty much mandatory. GTA on the other hand, is not so focused on racing compred to MCLA. The most I'd expect is something like Mafia 2.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

It sound like the abiloty to install a manual transmission in a vehicle would be a welcome addition.

If we are allowed custom control mapping then it should be easy to work in.

The fact that we use a workshop to change the transmission means that we get both realism and those who don't like manual transmission don't have to use it.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (JBanton @ Wednesday, Jul 4 2012, 15:13)
It sound like the abiloty to install a manual transmission in a vehicle would be a welcome addition.

The fact that we use a workshop to change the transmission means that we get both realism and those who don't like manual transmission don't have to use it.

Yeah but n00bs who use automatic should have their cars performance watered down to keep it fair.
For example, a random car that would normally go 200MPH with manual, would only go 150 with automatic.

And if it went from 0-60 on 5 seconds, with auto it would take 10.

packardcaribien
  • packardcaribien

Let's blow some *&%# Up!

• Members

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Wednesday, Jul 4 2012, 15:19)

Yeah but n00bs who use automatic should have their cars performance watered down to keep it fair.
For example, a random car that would normally go 200MPH with manual, would only go 150 with automatic.

That might be a bit steep, autos do accelerate crappier and get worse gas mileage, but the top speed is not much worse than a manual. I'd say 2/3 the acceleration speed for an auto and five mph off the top speed, don't need to be that cruel.
----------------
Anyway, I think a manual would be better as an option rather than a mod. You can work an auto like a manual, and all stock cars should not come with an auto.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE (packardcaribien @ Wednesday, Jul 4 2012, 16:39)
QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Wednesday, Jul 4 2012, 15:19)

That might be a bit steep, autos do accelerate crappier and get worse gas mileage, but the top speed is not much worse than a manual. I'd say 2/3 the acceleration speed for an auto and five mph off the top speed, don't need to be that cruel.
----------------
Anyway, I think a manual would be better as an option rather than a mod. You can work an auto like a manual, and all stock cars should not come with an auto.

Tis true; the peformance difference isn't that great; acceleration will be slower yes, but top speed isn't heavily affected by automatic transmission.

It seems that the majority don't like manual transmission, so making it the default on all cars would probably upset the gaming masses (I'm just guessing based on the feedback, I may be wrong though)

packardcaribien
  • packardcaribien

Let's blow some *&%# Up!

• Members

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (JBanton @ Wednesday, Jul 4 2012, 15:49)
Tis true; the peformance difference isn't that great; acceleration will be slower yes, but top speed isn't heavily affected by automatic transmission.

It seems that the majority don't like manual transmission, so making it the default on all cars would probably upset the gaming masses (I'm just guessing based on the feedback, I may be wrong though)

I was thinking just an option in the menu, whether you wanted cars to be always automatic or always manual. Easy enough, Mafia pulled it off and I love that game.

You're pretty right with the majority, but it's not that much of a majority. Maybe 40% want a manual.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:55 PM

Does anybody know if R* North are collaborating with R* San Diego?

If they aren't then I guess we could rule this whole thread out, unless R* North could pull it off themselves.

packardcaribien
  • packardcaribien

Let's blow some *&%# Up!

• Members

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (JBanton @ Wednesday, Jul 4 2012, 19:55)
Does anybody know if R* North are collaborating with R* San Diego?

If they aren't then I guess we could rule this whole thread out, unless R* North could pull it off themselves.

I don't doubt R* North could pull off modification okay, might not be in depth but they could easily make it slightly better than in San An.

TheEngin33r
  • TheEngin33r

"My advice? Give the sh*t up."

• Members

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:08 PM

I think car modding should also provide the ability to change the diff, so that if there are any front-wheel drive cars that you want to turn into drifters you can. Along with all the appropriate paint work and engine mods smile.gif

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:55 PM

I just found out that sleeping dogs has no car customisation, so I've now cancelled my pre-order. I really hope that GTA V has car customisation, because I don't want to spend all of my time playing MCLA and Gran Turismo 5...

user posted image

The Gran Turismo 5 system is very basic but still effective, if an MCLA system {visuals only) doesn't come into GTA V a simple yet effective system like that of GT5 would be good, wouldn't it?

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:59 PM

The problem with that is a lot of people, like me, don't know cars very well. We don't know the name of every part and component in a car. If they overkill it, it could get confusing for a lot of people.

lazy.
  • lazy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (Masterfocker @ Tuesday, Jul 17 2012, 16:59)
The problem with that is a lot of people, like me, don't know cars very well. We don't know the name of every part and component in a car. If they overkill it, it could get confusing for a lot of people.

If you don't know car parts etc, then don't customize your car.
BTW I played some TLAD and just realised.. even more reasons for car customization...
We should be able to make our cars look rusty like the Gang Burrito on TLAD.. That van looks f*cking badass... I want my 7stV logo on the side of that with '7th STREET' written on the back...
cool.gif

MuteMe
  • MuteMe

♣Quiet╫Observer♣

• Members

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:41 PM

I really hope we get customization.

BirthOfMayhem
  • BirthOfMayhem

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:30 PM

You should be able to choose the paint colour(s) and add attachments like NoS, run-on-flat tires, sirens, armour plating, better engine block, emergency lights, hydroics etc., but I dont think there should be any kind of tuning of preformance similar to racing games. That level of car upgrading is just unnessisary for GTA.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:51 PM

I agree, too complicated a system, wouldn't really make any sense. I think really just enough to create a visually unique car would be useful to, or enjoyed by a lot of players.

lazy.
  • lazy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (JBanton @ Wednesday, Jul 18 2012, 17:51)
I agree, too complicated a system, wouldn't really make any sense. I think really just enough to create a visually unique car would be useful to, or enjoyed by a lot of players.

Why not performance?
We should be able to do it GT5 style, changing settings on cars, tuning them to max potential.

On another note, R* should get rid of the whole of idea of 'the best car'.
Like, everyone saying Sultan RS or Comet or Infernus is best.
I don't want any of this.
Cars should be best at their own thing, and if tuned can all get up to around the same speed...
So people who like muscle cars can spend a sh*tload on their car bringing it up to the speed level of, say, a Turismo...
It'd balance the gameplay and give some more car variety.
I hate seeing like 5 Sultan RS's in a row...
It's so boring...
MORE VARIETY PLEASE! rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif

Reiji
  • Reiji

Sarcastic Cock

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:41 PM Edited by Reiji, 18 July 2012 - 09:43 PM.

Don't see manual transmission happening, ever. I can see wide varieties of slight cosmetic looks, but no shops like in San Andreas. They probably could go into detail into car customization a long time ago, but there would be no point for a new Midnight Club game but then again no one here really cares about that game anyway because of that horseshxt Red Dead Whatever.

lazy.
  • lazy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (Reiji @ Wednesday, Jul 18 2012, 21:41)
Don't see manual transmission happening, ever. I can see wide varieties of slight cosmetic looks, but no shops like in San Andreas. They probably could go into detail into car customization a long time ago, but there would be no point for a new Midnight Club game but then again no one here really cares about that game anyway because of that horseshxt Red Dead Whatever.

*cough* GTA is a driving game, stop trying to remove driving features etc till it comes to the point it's another generic linear shooter.
You don't like the driving in GTA, Don't play it.

Reiji
  • Reiji

Sarcastic Cock

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Wednesday, Jul 18 2012, 21:45)
QUOTE (Reiji @ Wednesday, Jul 18 2012, 21:41)

*cough* GTA is a driving game, stop trying to remove driving features etc till it comes to the point it's another generic linear shooter.
You don't like the driving in GTA, Don't play it.

Oh sh*t GTA is a driving game?!!! Yeah I looove Midnight Club but I HATE driving. *cough* Don't tell me what to do.
I'm implying that Rockstar already has a street racing game for that. GTA shouldn't surpass that game's level. Few customizations here and there are fine, but I don't want it to be excessive. GTAIV's "customized cars" seemed fine to me, they don't need to tell you that an Albanian mobster added a carbon fiber hood and a bucket seat for his Futo.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:43 PM Edited by JBanton, 27 July 2012 - 05:46 PM.

The custom variants do look cool, but not a single one is exclusive.

We need a system whereby each player, if they want to, can fully personalise the vehicle they drive, I don't care too much for performance modifications.

I would just want a car that would be unique and a good reflection of me as a person. In Gran Turismo 5 the visual modifications were limited but they still made it easy to create a unique car that reflects a player's unique style and taste. Maybe GTA isn't really the game for it but vehicle ownership should be an enjoyable experience and it's kinda hard when you have a car that looks like anyone else's.

That said, TBoGT's drug wars were good because they offered special vehicles which were each hard to find in their own respects, there were some cars in there which made me very happy;

Standard Black Sultan with spoiler and gold wheels
Blue and pink standard Sultan with black wheels
Blue & pink standard Sultan with spoiler and black wheels
Black Bullet GT With green side stripes
Dark Green F620 etc...

user posted image

?

enjoithepain
  • enjoithepain

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

I'm really hoping for car customization in GTA V, but to have the level of it as in MCLA would be a bit ridiculous. I would be fine with just a few additions off the SA car mods

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users