Photo

Vehicle Customisation - MCLA style

655 replies to this topic
JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE (Flashify @ Thursday, Jan 12 2012, 19:35)
QUOTE (SGT. Johnson @ Thursday, Jan 12 2012, 18:44)
QUOTE (JBanton @ Thursday, Jan 12 2012, 08:27)
Plus some cars like the Infernus ended up colour locking on green in GTA IV, how to avoid? Aloow us to select our own colours, simple...

EDIT; Nice Evolution X there Flash

I'm sure that was a bug that Rockstar are aware of now.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. It is, isn't it smile.gif

But surely they thought of the idea to select a colour?

Clearly not.

user posted image

How Huntley Sport's should look in terms of colour scheme and rims, simple smile.gif

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:56 PM

Oh yes haha, although, IV did have quite a few good colours on the Huntley Sport compared to some other vehicles:

http://gta.wikia.com/Huntley_Sport (Scroll down)

Killuminati786
  • Killuminati786

Ganja In My Brain

• Members

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:07 PM

I was hoping R* would include a wider range on paint options, but judging by the trailer, R* told me to f*ck off.

Civkiller
  • Civkiller

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Thursday, Dec 29 2011, 10:19)
I'm kinda against it, 'cause in san andreas, i was always loosing all my customized cars to the cops, gunfire, or the water mad.gif

If your car is automatically added to a garage once you modify it, and it'll respawn there if it gets destroyed, that'll be more of what i'd like. Hell, it'd be cool if you could access your garage in multiplayer and show off your car to everyone!

Simple solution, learn how to drive (be a good get away driver from cops and/or don't drive on a beach and into the water) use the customized cars for free roam or when you feel like going for a cruise. I hate the idea of your car spawning back into your garage, ya it's cool in the sense that you don't "lose" your car but it makes it more challenging if they didn't implement that into the game. I know the first and 2nd Saint's Row did that but I didn't like it much.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:11 PM

Saints Row The Third did the whole respawning vehicles thing as well, but sadly that game was for me was the biggest gaming disappointment of 2011. But seriously, a colour selector is fairly basic stuff, so why can't we have this at the very least?

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE (Civkiller @ Sunday, Jan 15 2012, 19:53)
QUOTE (universetwisters @ Thursday, Dec 29 2011, 10:19)
I'm kinda against it, 'cause in san andreas, i was always loosing all my customized cars to the cops, gunfire, or the water  mad.gif

If your car is automatically added to a garage once you modify it, and it'll respawn there if it gets destroyed, that'll be more of what i'd like. Hell, it'd be cool if you could access your garage in multiplayer and show off your car to everyone!

Simple solution, learn how to drive (be a good get away driver from cops and/or don't drive on a beach and into the water) use the customized cars for free roam or when you feel like going for a cruise. I hate the idea of your car spawning back into your garage, ya it's cool in the sense that you don't "lose" your car but it makes it more challenging if they didn't implement that into the game. I know the first and 2nd Saint's Row did that but I didn't like it much.

I totally agree. Leave that re spawn sh*t in Saints Row or make it optional for people who still want a more realistic experiences. Car re spawning just feels too juvenile and arcade like IMO. If you loose your car to gunfire on a regular basis then be logical in your selection of cars used to outrun the cops or get into shootings.

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:08 PM

This is how it should remain. If you park a car in your garage and save it, it will be there the next time you go into your garage. However, if you take it out of the garage and do a mission etc etc and then save it without returning it, it will be lost. How it was in IV, realistic. If you love your highly expensive, modified all-over vehicle, then f*cking park it up in your garage.

MG3
  • MG3

Not a player

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:14 PM

Perfect Idea, but I dont like GTA IV Style vehicles...
Why rockstar doesnt make real cars with real brands

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE (MG3 @ Monday, Jan 16 2012, 19:14)

Licenses, fits better with GTA world.

MG3
  • MG3

Not a player

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE (GTARandom @ Monday, Jan 16 2012, 17:15)

Yes... but some rockstar games did it like LA Noire

I hope modding fix that...

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:23 PM

Going off topic here so Ima bring something in from another thread; tyre selection affecting how easily a vehicle can drift?
An easy modification that can adjust the handling of a vehicle and cut out the traction issues of GTA IV

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:37 PM Edited by Flashify, 16 January 2012 - 05:51 PM.

QUOTE (JBanton @ Monday, Jan 16 2012, 17:23)
Going off topic here so Ima bring something in from another thread; tyre selection affecting how easily a vehicle can drift?
An easy modification that can adjust the handling of a vehicle and cut out the traction issues of GTA IV

Yes! Then it's entirely optional, others can obey traffic laws while I'm burning my way through tires with every drift I make sly.gif

Just to inform: JBanton, I have updated my topic by including your idea of modifiable tyre types. smile.gif

Adding to your idea: Option to change tyres, these choices could be:

Performance tyres or summer tyres
Performance tyres are designed for faster cars or for people who prefer to drive harder than the average consumer. They typically put performance and grip ahead of longevity by using a softer rubber compound. Tread block design is normally biased towards outright grip rather than the ability to pump water out of the way on a wet road. The extreme example of performance tyres are "slicks" used in motor racing, so-called because they have no tread at all.

All-round or all-season tyres
These tyres are what you'll typically find on every production car that comes out of a factory. They're designed to be a compromise between grip, performance, longevity, noise and wet-weather safety. For increased tyre life, they are made with a harder rubber compound, which sacrifices outright grip and cornering performance. For the majority of the world's drivers, this isn't an issue. The tread block design is normally a compromise between quiet running and water dispersion - the tyre should not be too noisy in normal use but should work fairly well in downpours and on wet roads. All-season tyres are neither excellent dry-weather, nor excellent wet-weather tyres, but are, at best, a compromise.

Wet-weather tyres
Rather than using an even harder rubber compound than all-season tyres, wet weather tyres actually use a softer compound than performance tyres. The rubber needs to heat up quicker in cold or wet conditions and needs to have as much mechanical grip as possible. They'll normally also have a lot more siping to try to disperse water from the contact patch.

Snow & mud or ice : special winter tyres
Winter tyres come at the other end of the spectrum to performance tyres, obviously. They're designed to work well in wintery conditions with snow and ice on the roads. Winter tyres typically have larger, and thus noiser tread block patterns. In extreme climates, true snow tyres have tiny metal studs fabricated into the tread for biting into the snow and ice. The downside of this is that they are incredibly noisy on dry roads and wear out both the tyre and the road surface extremely quickly if driven in the dry.

All-terrain tyres
All-terrain tyres are typically used on SUVs and light trucks. They are larger tyres with stiffer sidewalls and bigger tread block patterns. The larger tread block means the tyres are very noisy on normal roads but grip loose sand and dirt very well when you take the car or truck off-road. As well as the noise, the larger tread block pattern means less tyre surface in contact with the road. The rubber compound used in these tyres is normally middle-of-the-road - neither soft nor hard.

Mud tyres
At the extreme end of the all-terrain tyre classification are mud tyres. These have massive, super-chunky tread blocks and really shouldn't ever be driven anywhere other than loose mud and dirt. The tread sometimes doesn't even come in blocks any more but looks more like paddles built in to the tyre carcass.

Civkiller
  • Civkiller

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (GTARandom @ Monday, Jan 16 2012, 12:15)

Agreed, would love to see licenses back.. the ones in SA were quite tough such as the plane and helicopter ones I believe but it was still fun.

pilsvern
  • pilsvern

Supra Lover

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:28 PM

Something like Gran Turismo would be OK 4 me

Civkiller
  • Civkiller

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (pilsvern @ Monday, Jan 16 2012, 15:28)

As much as I love Gran Turismo I would have to Disagree only because it's TOO technical with balasts, toe angles, camber angles, etc. I could see more of a MCLA type of set up just generic kind of upgrades but with loads of visual customizations.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (Civkiller @ Monday, Jan 16 2012, 21:35)
QUOTE (pilsvern @ Monday, Jan 16 2012, 15:28)

As much as I love Gran Turismo I would have to Disagree only because it's TOO technical with balasts, toe angles, camber angles, etc. I could see more of a MCLA type of set up just generic kind of upgrades but with loads of visual customizations.

I do love Gran Turismo (especially 5) & its customisation but sadly I don't think they'll take performance upgrades to such an extent sad.gif

AB0333
  • AB0333

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (MG3 @ Monday, Jan 16 2012, 17:14)

That costs, mate.

$$$

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE (AB0333 @ Thursday, Jan 19 2012, 15:35)
QUOTE (MG3 @ Monday, Jan 16 2012, 17:14)

That costs, mate.

$$$

That's the sole reason I haven't been asking for some RAYS-VOLK rims, like the TE37 or the CE28N

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

Haven't seen this thread in a while, but this is a feature I'd love to see. I've recently been playing Need For Speed World which is a s**t game in comparison with MCLA but I'm using this image to demonstrate how colours/ vinyls could be a good addition to GTA V.
user posted image

Would really love to see user-generated paint schemes and rims colours, also this would make for a very interesting situation if multiplayer is set to have some major changes smile.gif .

Ana Belial
  • Ana Belial

426 Max Wedge

• Members

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE (JBanton @ Thursday, Dec 29 2011, 11:29)
optional tachometer for the bottom right of the screen, optional so that people who aren't vehicle enthusiasts don't have to use them.

Why would you need a tachometer?
Rockstar will never make a manual transmission option for Grand Theft Auto, so it's not like you're going to be sliding through a corner and heeltoe downshifting while trying to rev match.

Wrolfy
  • Wrolfy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (el_roy1985 @ Thursday, Dec 29 2011, 16:34)
Would be nice to have car customization. Needs to be available online though, otherwise I'd be fine without it. Cause really, only reason I want it is so I can have unique cars online and be able to show them off. Otherwise, it doesnt add all that much to single player.

Having it available at your properties any time after acquiring the vehicle would be nice too. I already have a hard time taking my saved cars in IV, it's a hassle to have to find one again if it blows up. Especially if it only lasts a few blocks from the safehouse.

i have a nice little secret for your car problem: learn to f*cking drive. i can't drive cars in IV and i take the consequenses. i can ride a bike, fly an aircraft, and never lost neither of them, because i saved my game before going out + i was taking care not to drivw it into water, or pits around the city. the loss of your cars are on you, not the game.

rixsta
  • rixsta

16PSI 4X4

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:21 AM

I want to be able to raise a 4X4. Put big tyres on it, and take it over rocks and crap in the country.

A Hummer with 35" Mud Crawlers and a 4" lift would go down well, Especially if i could add some spotlights.

One can dream, cant he?

el_roy1985
  • el_roy1985

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE (Wrolfy @ Sunday, Mar 25 2012, 22:07)
QUOTE (el_roy1985 @ Thursday, Dec 29 2011, 16:34)
Would be nice to have car customization. Needs to be available online though, otherwise I'd be fine without it. Cause really, only reason I want it is so I can have unique cars online and be able to show them off. Otherwise, it doesnt add all that much to single player.

Having it available at your properties any time after acquiring the vehicle would be nice too. I already have a hard time taking my saved cars in IV, it's a hassle to have to find one again if it blows up. Especially if it only lasts a few blocks from the safehouse.

i have a nice little secret for your car problem: learn to f*cking drive. i can't drive cars in IV and i take the consequenses. i can ride a bike, fly an aircraft, and never lost neither of them, because i saved my game before going out + i was taking care not to drivw it into water, or pits around the city. the loss of your cars are on you, not the game.

Chill out dude. Where did I say anything about losing them to an explosion? Most of the time I will take it to a mission, where I get a different car and then it's gone... Yeah, that must be bad driving. Sorry if wanting a feature added to the game offends you, guess you know best...

As far as my driving goes, I'm just fine at it in GTA IV. I actually love the way vehicles drive, and used to do a lot of races online. Bikes could use a huge improvement, but they are still OK. Don't just assume things, you make an ass out of yourself.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE (pilsvern @ Monday, Jan 16 2012, 20:28)

Too advanced... Midnight Club: LA style would fit GTA V better

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:31 AM

We need car customization! Midnight Club: Los Angeles perfected it. Not too advanced, but pretty detailed. I'd like to customize that crappy in-game Buick Regal into a more street racing car.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Monday, Mar 26 2012, 03:10)
QUOTE (pilsvern @ Monday, Jan 16 2012, 20:28)

Too advanced... Midnight Club: LA style would fit GTA V better

user posted image user posted image
user posted imageuser posted image

I think he meant in terms of visuals, although you can make your cars look nice in Gran Turismo 5, the system you have to use to do so is HORRIBLE to say the least.

el_roy1985
  • el_roy1985

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:24 PM

Gran turismo is way too simplified in terms of visuals. Except on select cars. Midnight club style would be the way to go.

MrAfro77
  • MrAfro77

I love bewbies

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:10 PM Edited by MrAfro77, 26 March 2012 - 11:17 PM.

This wasnt in MCLA but engine swapping would be cool IMO, taking the engine of an infernus or turismo and putting it in futo or a blista compact

Also the ability to rev would be nice, in the trailer the guy in the red sports car rev'ed at the girl, hopefully thats a sign that you can rev now

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:59 PM

Car customization is one they can leave out for me. I destroy cars. If I can pick my color at the pay n spray I'm a happy man.

Not to bash the idea. I just don't care for it. I have other incredibly irrelevant nonsensensical features that have to make it in.

Officer620
  • Officer620

Federal Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:39 AM

Bring back basic customization as featured in GTA: SA. Pick your colour, wheels, nitro, a couple of extras and bam, off you go!

Unlikely, but I would love the ability to fix various types of emergency lighting to any vehicle in the game. Choose a lightbar or beacon and its colour.

...Back to reality...

Cheers!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users