Photo

Vehicle Customisation - MCLA style

655 replies to this topic
Rollin
  • Rollin

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:41 PM

I was wondering what's the difference between a blower and supercharger ingame. They are the same thing so is it like one is hidden and other has a visible scoop above the hood.

kasa
  • kasa

Thug

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:38 AM

I want hydraulics!!

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:25 PM

Sultan to RS conversion will be my main priority.

• Sting4S likes this

CJ_Banshee
  • CJ_Banshee

KCCO

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

I heard someone say we can't actually paint our rims?

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:16 PM

I heard someone say we can't actually paint our rims?

They lied, we can paint rims

Dreded
  • Dreded

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:32 AM

anyone know what happens when you upgrade the car beyond a certain top of spec? for example if you buy fully upgraded engine and turbo your acceleration is off the scale does it still help?

SprunkJunkie
  • SprunkJunkie

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:43 AM

I fully modded the performance of a Phoenix and it is badass.  It tears up the highways. In my opinion best car in game.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:48 AM

the only upgrades that affect performance are Transmission, engine ecm, turbo and brakes. most of them affect it just barely, not really worth the price in my opinion except turbo, that helps a lot. Engine ecm seems to vary how much it changes depending on the vehicle,  everything else is just cosmetic.  it doesnt matter what blower you pick, its for looks only.

Reofurnathalos
  • Reofurnathalos

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:43 AM

1373071_10202146932938887_980799629_n.jp

sucks GTA V didn't have the Dukes.. so the Vigero had to do for now.. plus the Cheetah(Enzo) is the closest Veilside RX7 I could find  :(

Notler
  • Notler

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:40 AM

is there a list somewhere, with all the cars/bikes that can be modded? And how much they can be modded?

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

Amazing how many options were condensed under one, like the bumper options.

I was kinda disappointed by there being no option of supercharger upgrades or anything that increases a vehicle's top speed.

I was also disappointed by how only a few SUVs had off-road options available.

I'm hoping there's more to come.

• SwaggedOut and Sting4S like this

SwaggedOut
  • SwaggedOut

Work hard, play hard

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

I was kinda disappointed by there being no option of supercharger upgrades or anything that increases a vehicle's top speed.

Picking up on the supercharger point, I'm quite confused as well, the Dominator comes with a supercharged engine, yet we can't upgrade its supercharger.

It's quite annoying that along with the Baller, FQ2 and Patriot, the trucks like the Bison and Sadler can't get off-road upgrades.

The final list of the modifications is quite disappointing.

Ragref
  • Ragref

Fighting terror!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:31 PM

Picking up on the supercharger point, I'm quite confused as well, the Dominator comes with a supercharged engine, yet we can't upgrade its supercharger.

It's quite annoying that along with the Baller, FQ2 and Patriot, the trucks like the Bison and Sadler can't get off-road upgrades.

The final list of the modifications is quite disappointing.

You can tune the Baller for skirts and bumpers and stuff, are you using the modern Baller or the old Baller?

Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

Yeah Off Road options are quite limited. Plus it really sucks that extras like the Mammoth's light bar and bullbar or the rollbar for the Sadler aren't in LSC.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:00 PM

Coming back to this thread, I find myself disappointed. Whilst having what we have right now is better than nothing, that doesn't make it great. Here is what I had wanted:
- bumpers/skirts/spoilers/hoods/exhaust/rear diffuser/etc for every car, not just a select few
- all spoilers to be shared. I can put a nice Tuner spoiler on a Penubra, but I cannot put it on a Sentinel nor Schwartzer? Now, it is impossible to make an M3 GTS or C63 AMG Black Series!
- a better variety of wheels. Why can't we adjust the side of our rims, paint stock rims, or buy any rim choice that exists in the game? And the rim color choice... total joke
- better paint choices and a selection of manufacturer colors for the said car itself
- The ability to get certain options on cars that had been just special variants in IV
- for all cars in IV to return. What happened to the Hakumai? Would've been great to trick out. The Presidente? Would've made a great CTS-V lookalike. The original Voodoo? Would've been mine in a fresh emerald green and black trim like Stevie's variant in IV. Etc, etc, etc so many missec opportunities by replacing these cars with some forgettable exotics
- why can't we change the trim colors on our cars like in MC:3? What if I want black chrome around my Oracles windows, or gold?
- interior colors? Menial but it adds something and can make a car look better with the right color combos. They teased us by making the Infernus's interior a tacky ass red
- Nitrous? What happened here, haha? :dontgetit:
- suspension options. No hydraulics, no way to raise a suspension? Oh weight, suspensions do not even exist in this game, I forgot! There is no body roll and if you drive onto a sidewalk your car just pops up onto it. Nothing natural, every car rides like a hard ass unrealistically firm truck, so SUV's are worse at climbing than supercars
- betted tire options? Share different tire types? What if I want white walls with high end rims just because?
- Better tint with color options
- Color chrome paint
- More interior customization
- More plate options and oh the ability to change plate code WITHOUT using that dumbass app?
- Superchargers
- Top speed change
- changing the weight of the car by adding aluminum or carbon fiber parts -- but then again it would not help, the weight of cars is screwed up
- changing the look of the brakes and calipers
- Vinyl!!! So many fake brands in the game, but no vinyl? f*ck logic lol!
- Customize cop cars
- Make fake cop cars
- a way to tune how your exhaust sounds and an option whether to allow flames to come out or not
- actually give us light modification!
- visual engine changes
- make panamera roof -- there is an ability to add a custom roof to the Phoenix, so I don't see why this would be hard
- parts that aren't stupidly expensive in Online

I did not expect all of this, but it would have been nice. MC:LA had most of this. If you're going to f*cking brag about how the customization is like MC:LA, at least make sure it is or you'll be seen as stupid, like how I view whoever decided that was true right now. The customization is okay right now, but it is not remarkable, it feels half assed and incomplete, and it does not feel like a feature perfectly tied into the game as opposed to what they claimed.

Hell the lack of cars returning from IV still pisses me off the most. The planners for this game piss me off.
  • Laststaff7998 likes this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:50 PM

Apart from what you said there are another two things that bugs me:

1. How it's possible that some options from IV are cut even if the cars connected to them are in game? Example: Sure, Voodoo is rusty junk here, but in IV it could have wheel covers, side exhaust and golden trim. Example 2: In IV Ruiner could have bulge on the hood and the side vinyl (with the name) was not present on some cars. Why these options are cut?

2. There are some parts controlled by the game as in IV. Example: Bobcat can have the shell, Sadler can have various additions like Bullbars, Roll Bars, etc. but you can't actually buy them in LSC. At least in IV nobody was lying that you can change something.

• Sting4S likes this

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:06 PM Edited by Lazyboy., 06 November 2013 - 04:06 PM.

Yeah, this is NOTHING like MCLA. Some dumb sh*t who knows nothing about the game spewed out that sh*t. -_-

GTA seems to have lost its roots as a driving game and is now a lame shooter. All the older 3D GTA games had terrible shooting, but the driving was acceptable. In IV, we had good driving mechanics and the shooting was decent. In V they've took a huge dump on the driving and just made it some lame shooting game. Isn't that what Max Payne is for? :/
  • Sting4S likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:09 PM

I'm surprised at not being able to buy LED Lights for Vehicles, it feels like these vehicle options were done years ago. I mean LED would basically be the same as Xenon Lights but in pure white without the Blue Tones where as normal lights should have a warm tone.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:29 PM

Yeah, this is NOTHING like MCLA. Some dumb sh*t who knows nothing about the game spewed out that sh*t. -_- GTA seems to have lost its roots as a driving game and is now a lame shooter. All the older 3D GTA games had terrible shooting, but the driving was acceptable. In IV, we had good driving mechanics and the shooting was decent. In V they've took a huge dump on the driving and just made it some lame shooting game. Isn't that what Max Payne is for? :/

Honestly yeah, you're right. It does feel like the driving wasn't cared about nor the cars. I guess they figured giving us supercars and getting rid of the "boring" cars would help. They also thought thatmaking the physics easy and dumbed down would make us happy... It didn't. All I can think of is DLC. DLC for more parts, IV cars, and optional IV style handling. That is wishful thinking, but if that is not implementex, then V is broken to me and will be sitting on my shelves collecting dust soon. Just like every other game I didn't care for after a coupla months. I'll go back to IV.

PlasmaFLOW
  • PlasmaFLOW

Oracle

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:06 PM Edited by PlasmaFLOW, 06 November 2013 - 06:08 PM.

As to having GTA IV Cars, they probably selected the few that we see in GTA V and scrapped all the others due to the new Physics/Crashing behavior on cars.

Its complicated enough to model/texture all the parts they have to do for one car, imagine for 200 vehicles. They probably didn't have enough time to model the parts and scrapped the vehicles... or the design lead made a very stupid choice.

The amount of modifications is probably affected due to the memory on the consoles and dated hardware, they have enough having to process those hardcore graphics on 5 year old stuff. I'm not saying the consoles are sh*t, but we all know they are already old(we're already getting the Xbox One and PS4 on our faces aren't we?).

If, and ONLY IF, Rockstar develops a PC, X1, and PS4 version, these will probably have more modifications. I hope...

I wonder why is the 1st gen CV available as civilian instead of the 2nd gen. Stupid choices by Rockstar increasing.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:15 PM

Yes they didn´t care at all. It could have been awesome. Now there´s just the fast and the slow stuff. It could have been better. Examples:

- Transmission: long gearing better for long straights, short gearing more acceleration. This could have determined the top speed and made it subject to changes

- Tyres: sport tyres better for tarmacracing but horrible for off-road.

- Suspension: low suspension good for tarmac racing but bad for bumps and off-road.

Etc. Now there´s just a fast option and some slower ones. No matter the vehicle or the conditions to race them in.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:22 PM Edited by StingrayX, 06 November 2013 - 07:26 PM.

As to having GTA IV Cars, they probably selected the few that we see in GTA V and scrapped all the others due to the new Physics/Crashing behavior on cars.
Its complicated enough to model/texture all the parts they have to do for one car, imagine for 200 vehicles. They probably didn't have enough time to model the parts and scrapped the vehicles... or the design lead made a very stupid choice.
The amount of modifications is probably affected due to the memory on the consoles and dated hardware, they have enough having to process those hardcore graphics on 5 year old stuff. I'm not saying the consoles are sh*t, but we all know they are already old(we're already getting the Xbox One and PS4 on our faces aren't we?).

If, and ONLY IF, Rockstar develops a PC, X1, and PS4 version, these will probably have more modifications. I hope...

I wonder why is the 1st gen CV available as civilian instead of the 2nd gen. Stupid choices by Rockstar increasing.

This is all bullsh*t. They models from IV that we see were simply copied and pasted. No retexturing was done except for on a few models. The fact is that they didn't really care or spend much time on vehicular related features. Additionally, f*ck the graphics. They're great but weren't needed. I'da been fine with graphics like IV but with more vibrant visuals, I never bitched about IV's graphics in the first place.

Mikucki
  • Mikucki

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:02 PM

Yes they didn´t care at all. It could have been awesome. Now there´s just the fast and the slow stuff. It could have been better. Examples:

- Transmission: long gearing better for long straights, short gearing more acceleration. This could have determined the top speed and made it subject to changes
- Tyres: sport tyres better for tarmacracing but horrible for off-road.
- Suspension: low suspension good for tarmac racing but bad for bumps and off-road.

Etc. Now there´s just a fast option and some slower ones. No matter the vehicle or the conditions to race them in.

Agreed. There should be low diff gears that decrease accel but inc top speed. And tire options, rain, slicks etc for better traction

drunkenMUNKEY78
  • drunkenMUNKEY78

3rd Street Saint

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:14 AM

If there's on thing i don't like its that when you tint the windows of a vehicle the windscreen doesn't change, They did the same in MCLA i think it looks ugly

AndyC-M
  • AndyC-M

Cruise-Mids Founder

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:20 AM

need bullet proof glass as well as an upgrade.

AndyC-M
  • AndyC-M

Cruise-Mids Founder

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:23 AM

If there's on thing i don't like its that when you tint the windows of a vehicle the windscreen doesn't change, They did the same in MCLA i think it looks ugly

i know its only a game, but legally, you cant tint the windscreen anyway, so by doing this is would make the game even more unrealistic if thats even possible, lol plus, its not something thats really done, its impractical.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users