Photo

Vehicle Customisation - MCLA style

655 replies to this topic
JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (AB0333 @ Tuesday, Jan 3 2012, 11:18)
QUOTE (JBanton @ Saturday, Dec 31 2011, 12:56)
Anyone have an opinion on the optional tachometer/ Digital speedometer?

No.

They have never put them so far, they won't put them nor this time.
Firstly, it would someway destroy GTA tradition.
Secondly, every car should have a different tachometer. Eg. Tachometer in Turismo is different than the one in Futo, ain't it? Wouldn't it be too much work to make one for every single vehicle? Senseless.

No, not individual guages I mean one general digital guage for all cars like you would see in Gran Turismo 5 third person view, or any of the NFS games, after Underground 2.

Also I did say optional so that anyone would want it can toggle the device on/ off, the feature being off by default

dirtycopVCPD
  • dirtycopVCPD

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:11 PM Edited by dirtycopVCPD, 03 January 2012 - 05:53 PM.

QUOTE (JBanton @ Tuesday, Jan 3 2012, 12:46)

No.

Secondly, every car should have a different tachometer. Eg. Tachometer in Turismo is different than the one in Futo, ain't it? Wouldn't it be too much work to make one for every single vehicle? Senseless.

No, not individual guages I mean one general digital guage for all cars like you would see in Gran Turismo 5 third person view, or any of the NFS games, after Underground 2.

Also I did say optional so that anyone would want it can toggle the device on/ off, the feature being off by default

I wouldn't get angry if there was a speedometer but I don't really see the point either. There's not many situations where you need to know exactly what your speed is in Grand Theft Auto. Not to mention it goes against the (welcome IMHO) trend of Rockstar games keeping the hud as simple as possible.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:44 PM

Before we head off topic I'd like to add in how much this would affect the game, from the Audi R8 Spyder-lookalike, across to muscle cars like the Bel-air lookalike and then to tuners like the Futo this system could potentially create some pretty awesome vehicles.

Personally I hope that the GTA IV Sultan returns, I would really love to customise that thing smile.gif

JoeBobLuke
  • JoeBobLuke

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:11 PM

they should leave the in-depth car customization to MC..
or keep it simple like SA..
making cars that you customize respawn after wrecking them isn't really realistic.

if anything.. they should have multiple versions of one car..
not like different colors, or convertibles and non-convertibles..
but possibly, some with different rims, spoilers, exhaust systems, window tint, and maybe even different engines(some faster than others)
and not only apply this to one car, but to several different types of cars..

does that make sense?
just throwing my two cents in there.

Thanks.

mediocore
  • mediocore

This is the last dance for mister Lance Vance

• Members

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:27 PM

This all sounds good but I guess it all depends on how big a focus street racing is on the game.

I would like some more illegal chop shop ideas implemented to the back alley pay and spray type garages.

whereas, in IV you were given the location of police when you were wanted, I would only add that to the map if you had a police radio installed on your car.

AB0333
  • AB0333

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (dirtycopVCPD @ Tuesday, Jan 3 2012, 13:11)
QUOTE (JBanton @ Tuesday, Jan 3 2012, 12:46)

No.

I wouldn't get angry if there was a speedometer but I don't really see the point either. There's not many situations where you need to know exactly what your speed is in Grand Theft Auto. Not to mention it goes against the (welcome IMHO) trend of Rockstar games keeping the hud as simple as possible.

Yeah, good points, but I still highly doubt there will actually be a speedometer.
Just my opinion, don't take it serious lol.

The_Mario_Man
  • The_Mario_Man

Every 5 Minutes

• Members

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:37 AM

And finally: respawning garages a lá Saints Row? No. I don't like the idea of implausible "magic" in GTA. If you wreck your car, you wreck your car. Tough.

Actually the garages in Saints Row 2 (and by extension Scarface: The World is Yours) aren't 'magic.' When you damage a saved vehicle, it still appears in your menu, but you have to pay to have it repaired. You pay a lot more if it's completely destroyed.

While some aspects of it may be 'unrealistic' (ugh), I find it much more preferable than
A: Accidentally wrecking the car after putting all of that work into it.
B: Letting a friend play and having THEM wreck the car after putting all of that work into it.
C: Leaving it to rot in a garage forever.

Long_Haired_Boy
  • Long_Haired_Boy

Whilst everyone's lost, the battle is won

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:39 AM

Only if the pedestrians react to nice car and when you mod one.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:39 AM

All these high expectations. A company cannot simply include all this kind of in depth content everyone wants in one game because of storage space and limitations! Bwaah! Thats all I need to say.

The_Mario_Man
  • The_Mario_Man

Every 5 Minutes

• Members

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:42 AM Edited by The_Mario_Man, 04 January 2012 - 12:55 AM.

All these high expectations. A company cannot simply include all this kind of in depth content everyone wants in one game because of storage space and limitations! Bwaah! Thats all I need to say.

San Andreas managed to do it 7 years ago. And now we're in a day and age with systems leagues better than the PS2 and XBox, and there's not enough storage space? Not to mention these two little games called Saints Row 2 and 3. Think what you will of the games, but the options for character and vehicle customization are a lot more extensive than IV (and even San Andreas in some areas).

I can kinda excuse IV for not having these options. They were working with a new engine on new hardware, but I'll be kinda disappointed if they don't include it in V after all of the advancements they've made since IV.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:57 AM Edited by JBanton, 04 January 2012 - 10:59 AM.

QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Wednesday, Jan 4 2012, 00:39)
All these high expectations.  A company cannot simply include all this kind of in depth content everyone wants in one game because of storage space and limitations!  Bwaah!  Thats all I need to say.

Well seeing as R* has experience with the RAGE engine now, combined with the fact the fact that, (at least according to the trailer) some vehicles are being recycled from IV, the vehicles department can easily collaborate with the R* San Diego guys and get assistance with using their Midnight Club customisation system...
Besides the Ps3 uses the BD-ROM, which has more space than you considered when making your post...

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (JBanton @ Wednesday, Jan 4 2012, 10:57)
All these high expectations.  A company cannot simply include all this kind of in depth content everyone wants in one game because of storage space and limitations!  Bwaah!  Thats all I need to say.

Well seeing as R* has experience with the RAGE engine now, combined with the fact the fact that, (at least according to the trailer) some vehicles are being recycled from IV, the vehicles department can easily collaborate with the R* San Diego guys and get assistance with using their Midnight Club customisation system...
Besides the Ps3 uses the BD-ROM, which has more space than you considered when making your post...

While what you said is all speculation hand guessing, I respect it. None of us have developed games for the PS3 or any system, so we can only hope, guess, and assume. I actually did think specifically of the PS3 when making my post. I know it can hold more data and process more then the other "systems." Thank you for responding.

JasonBrody
  • JasonBrody

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:16 PM

Hey as long GTA V is going to have a European Ford Focus counterpart I don't care.

Killuminati786
  • Killuminati786

Ganja In My Brain

• Members

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:02 PM

Lol I would love it if R* have customisation from MCLA, it is their game after all, but i highly doubt R* are gonna go that far into customisation confused.gif

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Wednesday, Jan 4 2012, 19:12)
QUOTE (JBanton @ Wednesday, Jan 4 2012, 10:57)

While what you said is all speculation hand guessing, I respect it. None of us have developed games for the PS3 or any system, so we can only hope, guess, and assume. I actually did think specifically of the PS3 when making my post. I know it can hold more data and process more then the other "systems." Thank you for responding.

Oh no, the RAGE stuff is fact, the GTA IV Complete Edition is proof of it, back on topic, does anyone hope that this time around we at least get a dynamic paint selector, with multiple finish options?

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:59 PM

I actually hope that vehicles will be easier to drift this time around if not, then we should be able to customise them to do so. Really annoying in IV (Ps3) how often the cars all span out

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:06 PM

Customising cars is cool, but it's hardly essential. It's been done too many times.

I'd be more than happy to trade it for:
-a proper dashboard view
-manual shifting
-finally a decent amount of cars on the road (which MCLA did pretty well btw)
-AI that can actually take corners in a race or pursuit

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:02 PM

Interior modification? I don't know, maybe racing seats and steering wheels for the Sultan if it's still a 3.5l Lexus IS/ Toyota Altezza.
user posted image

Main thing; we need the 1st person driving camera.

ryanb98
  • ryanb98

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:51 PM

I'd be satisfied with the ability to change wheels, paint my car, maybe add stripes and the ability to make minor visual modifications.

Lucas100
  • Lucas100

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:40 PM

I Agree.I want this on gta,but i think this is little impossible dontgetit.gif

Input
  • Input

Pineapple

• Members

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:00 AM

I doubt it would be as detailed MCLA but they did say it would be the most ambitious game yet, so I think we'll get something.

azali10
  • azali10

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:33 AM

That would be cool. Along with 1st person driving camera. Now that I think about it a 1st person and top down camera would be good for on-foot AND driving.

SGT. Johnson
  • SGT. Johnson

"To Obey and Survive"

• Members

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (JBanton @ Monday, Jan 9 2012, 17:02)
Interior modification? I don't know, maybe racing seats and steering wheels for the Sultan if it's still a 3.5l Lexus IS/ Toyota Altezza.
user posted image

This. Not necessarily what the OP posted but what you can see from the vehicle's exterior. I dont see why it was so hard to not include the option to add Body Kits to cars. Look at some of the unique spawn cars:

Sultan: Body Kit
Intruder: Body Kit
Feroci: Body Kit:

I mean, this game explored the simplest modes of customization, and by that I mean they COMPLETELY AVIODED IT! I don't see why, in addition to a fully manual color wheel selector option, they can't include San Andreas's customization options from the Transfender or Wheel Arch Angels Garages. I mean, then we'd have cars similar to the ones that I listed above.

They should also include other options besides Body Kits:

Schafter (TBOGT): Grills and Rims
Infernus (MOD): Stripes
Presidente: Grills and spoilers
Contender: Rally Lights

My point is, Rockstar can AT LEAST give us customization options similar to what you see on the cars that I've listed above, along with a much-needed color selector for mod garages.

Now, for Pay N' Sprays, the whole object of that is to "get a quick paint spray to escape the Fuzz, hence "Pay And Spray". Why is it that you want a color changer for a Pay N' Spray? Don't get me wrong! It's a good idea, but I think it would take away from the overall idea of what they are traditionally used for. Now, if Rockstar were to bring back the mod garages from San Andreas, now you have two options:

Quick Spray to avoid Heat
Customized Sprays and Etcs.

So now, you can use Pay N' Sprays for losing the Police and Mod Garages to customize your vehicles.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE (SGT. Johnson @ Tuesday, Jan 10 2012, 18:14)
QUOTE (JBanton @ Monday, Jan 9 2012, 17:02)
user posted image

This. Not necessarily what the OP posted but what you can see from the vehicle's exterior. I dont see why it was so hard to not include the option to add Body Kits to cars. Look at some of the unique spawn cars:

Sultan: Body Kit
Intruder: Body Kit
Feroci: Body Kit:

I mean, this game explored the simplest modes of customization, and by that I mean they COMPLETELY AVIODED IT! I don't see why, in addition to a fully manual color wheel selector option, they can't include San Andreas's customization options from the Transfender or Wheel Arch Angels Garages. I mean, then we'd have cars similar to the ones that I listed above.

They should also include other options besides Body Kits:

Schafter (TBOGT): Grills and Rims
Infernus (MOD): Stripes
Presidente: Grills and spoilers
Contender: Rally Lights

My point is, Rockstar can AT LEAST give us customization options similar to what you see on the cars that I've listed above, along with a much-needed color selector for mod garages.

Now, for Pay N' Sprays, the whole object of that is to "get a quick paint spray to escape the Fuzz, hence "Pay And Spray". Why is it that you want a color changer for a Pay N' Spray? Don't get me wrong! It's a good idea, but I think it would take away from the overall idea of what they are traditionally used for. Now, if Rockstar were to bring back the mod garages from San Andreas, now you have two options:

Quick Spray to avoid Heat
Customized Sprays and Etcs.

So now, you can use Pay N' Sprays for losing the Police and Mod Garages to customize your vehicles.

Thank you for this point, I was prettt happy someone picked up on that element of GTA IV. The extra bodykits are models stored in the game, so it was a bit depressing that they weren't copied to a tuning garage where players could access them.
Add Sentinel XS bodykit
Serrano bodykit (TBoGT)
And Cavalcade (spanish lords had red painjob, gold rims & sound system)

SGT. Johnson
  • SGT. Johnson

"To Obey and Survive"

• Members

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:37 PM Edited by SGT. Johnson, 10 January 2012 - 08:40 PM.

Your welcome; I was mostly basing off of the ones you get in MP, which is what came to mind as I was typing, lol. But yes, I would include those you mentioned as examples too.

EDIT: Might as well include the M.O.B. Landstalker (Black, no roof racks, Big Screen TVs inside)

EDIT#2: Perhaps Rockstar thinks that by adding vehicle customization, they'll be too similar to SR? I'm basing this off of current games, not San Andreas!

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:34 AM

user posted image

Really want this in jet blue with 7 spoke rims and a cream interior, just sayin'

Hehe, there's no spoiler here, I'm just messing with you smile.gif

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:54 PM

I definitely think that the appearance of vehicles should be fully customizable, I'm talking about the interior, alloys, body kits, bonnets, spoilers, exhausts, tires, window tint, neon.

user posted image

I hated how IV's vehicle customization was so limited, you couldn't even choose which colour you wanted at 'Pay 'n' Spray'! Instead, you has to go through each individual colour, drive in, and out. That got frustrating.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:27 AM

Plus some cars like the Infernus ended up colour locking on green in GTA IV, how to avoid? Aloow us to select our own colours, simple...

EDIT; Nice Evolution X there Flash

SGT. Johnson
  • SGT. Johnson

"To Obey and Survive"

• Members

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (JBanton @ Thursday, Jan 12 2012, 08:27)
Plus some cars like the Infernus ended up colour locking on green in GTA IV, how to avoid? Aloow us to select our own colours, simple...

I'm sure that was a bug that Rockstar are aware of now.

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (SGT. Johnson @ Thursday, Jan 12 2012, 18:44)
QUOTE (JBanton @ Thursday, Jan 12 2012, 08:27)

I'm sure that was a bug that Rockstar are aware of now.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. It is, isn't it smile.gif

But surely they thought of the idea to select a colour?

Clearly not.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users