» «
Photo

Vehicle Customisation - MCLA style

655 replies to this topic
JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:29 AM Edited by JBanton, 09 October 2013 - 06:19 PM.

So the customisation from MCLA was pretty impressive and I think would work quite well considering the level of detail that has been employed on some of the vehicles shown in the Debut trailer;

1.Visuals is where I'll start, be it bumpers, side skirts, rims, bonnets (CFRP?), spoilers, interiors and lights possibly.

2. Performance; I've seen brake calipers, hopefully this could be a performance upgrade, along with certain other things like maybe turbos, with blow-off valves like we saw on IV's Sultan RS, a range of exhaust kits, ride height adjustments, roll cages etc...

3. Paint & Art, a perfect paint system IMO, it utilised a dynamic colour selector that was capable of selecting any colour in gloss, metallic, candy etc and having the ability to create a two-tone scheme as well. The decal editor would make for an absolutely enjoyable vehicle ownership experience allowing players to create a completely unique vehicle.

Side request; optional tachometer for the bottom right of the screen, optional so that people who aren't vehicle enthusiasts don't have to use them.

Los_Santos_Customs_Logo-GTAV.png

So far the confirmed modifications we have are;

Aesthetics

• Body kits
  • Bonnet/ hood (inc. CF)
  • Bull bars
  • Exhaust tips
  • Grille
  • Roof Rails
  • Spoiler
  • Wheels
  • Window tint

Performance

• Brakes
  • Engine
  • Nitro
  • Suspenion - McPherson Struts, Anti-roll bars etc
  • Tyres
  • Turbocharger

Paint

• Primary colours
  • Chrome finishes
  • Wheel paint

Miscellaneous

• Armour
  • Horns
  • License plates
  • Roll cages
  • Runflat tyres
  • Spare Wheels
  • Tyre smoke colour
  • Flashify and SwaggedOut like this

flnyla
  • flnyla

I'll steal your damn car

• Members

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:49 AM

A good idea, i agree with it 100%

But Rockstar would most likely put in the old customization abilities from original GTA SA, but with better graphics and more car components.

HeNDo6750
  • HeNDo6750

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:56 AM

yes, i agree 100% with that from Midnight Club L.A

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:21 PM

Just one problem, we don't have much info, but I'm assuming our creations wouldn't be available for multiplayer would they?
Not that this is a major problem because in SR3, trolls keep destroying my Bentley Mulsanne sad.gif

bluetops
  • bluetops

Chupacabra

• Members

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:36 PM

icon14.gif Agree!and INb4Lock and INb4 some1 says "WishList Topic"

cc1990
  • cc1990

Serial killers are the true environmentalists. :)

• Members

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:45 PM

I love customizing vehicles BUT even if wee don't get to in GTA 5, I think we should at least get t pick te color we want at the Paint 'N' Spray. I hate shuffling through the colors I don't want to get the one I do want. Takes too long. lol

mubd
  • mubd

Comfort Wipe Pedaler

• Members

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:20 PM

The people I hate the most aren't "Wishlist thread. Locked". I hate the people who say 'but your idea will take precious development time from my idea, asshole."

I think car customisation will be a part of GTA V, but I'm not too sure that a game mechanic that is supposed to be based on a small number of mediocre to expensive sports cars will work with the wide variety of cars that we're used to in GTA.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Leben Heit leben

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:19 PM

I'm kinda against it, 'cause in san andreas, i was always loosing all my customized cars to the cops, gunfire, or the water mad.gif

If your car is automatically added to a garage once you modify it, and it'll respawn there if it gets destroyed, that'll be more of what i'd like. Hell, it'd be cool if you could access your garage in multiplayer and show off your car to everyone!

LewisMiller
  • LewisMiller

Luton Tannnnnn

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:42 PM

It'll just be paint, paint and more paint. Like usual.

dirtycopVCPD
  • dirtycopVCPD

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Thursday, Dec 29 2011, 15:19)
I'm kinda against it, 'cause in san andreas, i was always loosing all my customized cars to the cops, gunfire, or the water mad.gif

If your car is automatically added to a garage once you modify it, and it'll respawn there if it gets destroyed, that'll be more of what i'd like. Hell, it'd be cool if you could access your garage in multiplayer and show off your car to everyone!

Its pretty much this for me. I've said this before but if they're going to bring back car customization they really need completely and totally overhaul the car saving mechanics. There's no real point in paying hundreds of in-game fun-bucks to upgrade a car only to have it blow up after five minutes on the freeway.

el_roy1985
  • el_roy1985

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:34 PM

Would be nice to have car customization. Needs to be available online though, otherwise I'd be fine without it. Cause really, only reason I want it is so I can have unique cars online and be able to show them off. Otherwise, it doesnt add all that much to single player.

Having it available at your properties any time after acquiring the vehicle would be nice too. I already have a hard time taking my saved cars in IV, it's a hassle to have to find one again if it blows up. Especially if it only lasts a few blocks from the safehouse.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Thursday, Dec 29 2011, 15:19)

You lnow something, the fact that It's really easy to lose our investment annoys me as well, I'd support the respawning idea anyday smile.gif

JoshGTAfreak
  • JoshGTAfreak

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:07 PM

I think we should have a place where we can buy back our old cars or something. Just too help the whole "Blowing up cars not long after modifying them" problem(Maybe try driving better?).

I think car customisation is a pretty cool thing to have in the game. It a way to spend money and I remember making some pretty sick creations in GTA:SA.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:29 PM

It looks like we're set to add nitrous to that list as well

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:48 PM

I think a selection of nice wheels, a three stage performance upgrade scheme (vehicle sound has to change with each upgrade) and paint would be perfect. Bodykits, decals and silly bling mods don't appeal to me.

Johnix1
  • Johnix1

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:12 PM

that would be cool, I hope they'll do it

AB0333
  • AB0333

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:16 PM

It would be awesome, but I doubt they will go that far.

TrialzGTAS
  • TrialzGTAS

Hopes for turnout gear in V!

• Members

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:31 PM

Isnt car modification somewhat illegal in California? My bro said it is, and if R* is going for a realistic approach, laws will be in order to team with the realism. Just a though. I believe in my honest opinion, all were gonna get are the Pay 'n' Sprays.

CarLuver69
  • CarLuver69

Strangely Animated

• Members

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (TrialzGTAS @ Friday, Dec 30 2011, 13:31)
Isnt car modification somewhat illegal in California? My bro said it is, and if R* is going for a realistic approach, laws will be in order to team with the realism. Just a though. I believe in my honest opinion, all were gonna get are the Pay 'n' Sprays.

Who the f*ck cares if it's illegal in California? THIS IS GTA! We're not law abiding citizens in GTA, we're a criminal who shoots people, steals cars, and blows sh*t up. Get out of here with your "realism" sh*t!

Reiji
  • Reiji

Sarcastic Cock

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:27 PM Edited by Reiji, 30 December 2011 - 11:30 PM.

QUOTE (TrialzGTAS @ Friday, Dec 30 2011, 21:31)
Isnt car modification somewhat illegal in California?

Nope. My Futo IRL is legal there.

Back to the topic. Sounds great. There might be a few cosmetic customizations but not in-depth or else there would be no point into playing MCLA anymore.

JoanCrawford
  • JoanCrawford

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:32 PM

I just want to put louvers on cars. Those things are awesome!

JoanCrawford
  • JoanCrawford

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:40 PM Edited by JoanCrawford, 30 December 2011 - 11:52 PM.

I just want to put louvers on cars. Those things are awesome!

EDIT: Sorry, accidentally double posted! sad.gif

thatguy23
  • thatguy23

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (LewisMiller @ Thursday, Dec 29 2011, 15:42)
It'll just be paint, paint and more paint. Like usual.

Just the way I like it! smile.gif that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:56 PM

Anyone have an opinion on the optional tachometer/ Digital speedometer?

meson1
  • meson1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 December 2011 - 01:35 PM Edited by meson1, 31 December 2011 - 04:41 PM.

Isn't car modification somewhat illegal in California? My bro said it is...

I'm not from California, but from what I've read I would guess that certain things might only be illegal if they affect your emissions, e.g. modifying your exhaust to replace the cat with a straight-through pipe.

To be honest I don't think that GTA:V will take the realism that far.

As for some of the other things mentioned in this thread:
  • If they put in car mods, I don't think they will just do a weak revamp of the feature from GTA:SA, I think it'd be a full rework of the concept. Taking ideas from MCLA would be good.
  • Yes. The Pay'n'Sprays should feature colour selection, but only from a range of any given vehicle's standard colours. You should have to go to a mod shop to get custom colours. But if they change the Pay'n'Sprays this way, they'll have to put in something to stop people hogging them in multiplayer by hiding in the colour selection menu.
  • And finally: respawning garages a l Saints Row? No. I don't like the idea of implausible "magic" in GTA. If you wreck your car, you wreck your car. Tough. smile.gif

SKaM
  • SKaM

Graffiti Master

• Members

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE (el_roy1985 @ Thursday, Dec 29 2011, 08:34)
Would be nice to have car customization. Needs to be available online though, otherwise I'd be fine without it. Cause really, only reason I want it is so I can have unique cars online and be able to show them off. Otherwise, it doesnt add all that much to single player.

Having it available at your properties any time after acquiring the vehicle would be nice too. I already have a hard time taking my saved cars in IV, it's a hassle to have to find one again if it blows up. Especially if it only lasts a few blocks from the safehouse.

Agreed, saved cars should spawn at your safe house. I really hated get a super boss ride and then never using it. Seems a bit to SR thought.

VLongo92
  • VLongo92

California Love. Show it.

• Members

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:03 AM

If it would be implemented on free mode and on other transport, Boats, Planes. Blah blah blah i would cry tears of joy.

VLongo92
  • VLongo92

California Love. Show it.

• Members

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:27 AM

No car modification is not illegal in California nor the city of LA.
However it is illegal to modify your car if it:

will not pass smog.

Will hinder safety features (seatbelt removal, bumper removal)

Has any white light on the rear of the vehicle except for reverse light and covered illumination for license plates

Has any light color other than white in front.

I've seen Idiots with folger can exhaust, fast and furious neon. No ticket

But they are profiled like a motherf*cker smile.gif

AB0333
  • AB0333

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE (JBanton @ Saturday, Dec 31 2011, 12:56)
Anyone have an opinion on the optional tachometer/ Digital speedometer?

No.

They have never put them so far, they won't put them nor this time.
Firstly, it would someway destroy GTA tradition.
Secondly, every car should have a different tachometer. Eg. Tachometer in Turismo is different than the one in Futo, ain't it? Wouldn't it be too much work to make one for every single vehicle? Senseless.

Grand_Theft_Peanut
  • Grand_Theft_Peanut

Dr. Rape

• Members

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:37 AM

ohhh excuse me i didnt realize it was illegal.... So is killing hundreds of peds with an SMG and blowing up cop cars..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users