REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:36 PM

My opinion these are what ages you should be for these:

GTA1- 5+
GTA2- 5+
GTA3- 10+
GTA VC- 13+
GTA SA- 18+ ( yes im 17 and first played when i was like 9, oh wells)
GTA LCS- 13+
GTA VCS- 13+
GTA IV- 18+
GTA CTW- 5+
GTA LAD- 18+
GTA TBOGT- 18+

Either way though, as long as your MATURE and know its not ok to go shoot your grandma in the face, your fine.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:17 PM

N O, NO, Absolutely not, only kids think they can handle such things, only kids cry and scream about not getting their way, but there's a reason they don't and should not

Bad Azz
  • Bad Azz

Buddah

• Members

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:26 PM

IMHO 6 years old is a little young, at 6 years old I wasn't interested in video games at all and all I cared about was to go outside and do a snowman.

I myself started playing GTA SA when I was 8 years old (16 now BTW) and didn't do a friggen mission until I turned 11, because I wasn't mature enough to understand the story. All I did was free roaming and using cheats to fly with my car.

The age of a kid playing GTA doesn't matter, as long as he's mature enough to understand that it is just a game and he's mature enough to understand the story and the background of the game. Because, if a child is playing GTA but don't understand the story, all he understands is that he must kill peoples, then the game might not be suitable for him.

So, if you see that your little boy is mature enough, there's no problem. I agree with everyone stating this here.

Hydro_PlayboyX
  • Hydro_PlayboyX

#TeamFranklin

• Members

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:02 PM

i've been playing gta since i was 7, and it didnt influenced me in bad way, just like my other friends, you need to be pretty f*cked up to jack a car or similar crime just because you played violent game, thats like you say someone becomes rapist because he saw it on movie

HeNDo6750
  • HeNDo6750

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:04 AM

I don't think they should, but if they played GTA back in good ol' days before CoD etc, then fine as nothing could beat GTA back then or now

bucsfan
  • bucsfan

I'm the voice of the people, like Moses, only keepin it real

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:08 AM

I started playing GTA when I was 5 as well. I think as long as they're good parents it's fine for kids. It's the parents responsibility to educate their children on what is right and what is wrong and what is ok in real life and fantasy. To me, the worst parents are the ones who refuse to place the responsibility on their children or themselves and try to blame it on entertainment or other people. I've been playing GTA since elementary school and I haven't committed a crime in my life (other than dipping in some of Little Jacob's habit). Of the millions of people that play GTA aren't inspired to do anything wrong, but 1 kid is, then I'd say that's on the kid and his parents. Sorry for the rant.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (spaceeinstein @ Monday, Jan 30 2012, 17:50)
I don't think maturity factors into this at all. Mature kids wouldn't use their time in front of their TVs/monitors wasting their time away playing games. Mature kids would be doing their homeworks and help their parents around the house. The way I think of this, it's the sensitivity of the kids that is the major factor. Those who are sensitive do not copy violent games because seeing someone else hurt also hurts them. They play violent games not for the violence but for the escape of reality. Those who are insensitive do not care for other people, and tend to learn from violent games instead. Whatever looks cool to them, they learn from it even if it's useless to them in society, maybe harmful at worse.

Example: I've been occasionally looking at Yahoo! Answers, looking to see if there are common questions not answered in the wiki. I have seen some answers to questions from young kids, at the end of their answers, saying Grove Street for Life. I know it's harmless saying that, but how useful it is to show your loyalty to Grove Street Families in real life? Why did these kids learn to say that? I doubt mature kids would feel loyalty to an in-game gang of criminals. Extrapolate this to worse actions like killing by an extremely unstable and insensitive kid.

If a game has a negative effect on your life (is Zee still criticizing R*?), then the game had been inappropriate for you at the age you started playing it. Mental instability is at the extreme but they shouldn't be the only ones who shouldn't play these kinds of games.

I highly doubt showing loyalty to a video game gang shows anything bad. It just means you have fun playing the game. I always humorously rep GSF or a neighborhood just because the game is one of the greatest experiences I've ever had in life. My first taste of GTA was at the age of 10 and I became a regular player when I was 13 but although I'm highly insensitive which I think is a great thing, I am yet to hurt anyone or even do anything that justifies cops to chase me around.

In the end, it depends on the person, I guess. If they have enough maturity to not take the content seriously, they should be fine.

MrDanceWithLance
  • MrDanceWithLance

Prankster

• Members

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:43 AM

I played my first GTA when I was 9 and it hasn't influenced me in any bad way. You would need to be pretty f**ked up in the head to jack a car or shoot civillians or commit any similar crime just because you played some violent video game.

How appropriate GTA is for kids depends on the game:

GTA Classics: 6+

GTA III Era and GTA Chinatown Wars: 12+

GTA IV Era: 16+

Phrill
  • Phrill

7-8 LIONS

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:39 PM

I played Gta as a kid, turned out to be a Christian. I never commited any crimes.

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

Well considering I was playing GTA III when I as 6 years old, have been a huge fan ever since, and haven't committed any crimes, I think GTA is appropriate for kids unless the kid is mental/psychotic.

On another note, 400th POST FTW biggrin.gif

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:03 AM

I guess it depends on the person. I have a group of cousins who are brothers, and they have all kinds of M-rated games. The youngest of the three is about 7, and he acts like a normal 7 year-old boy despite the violence he sees on games like GTA IV. However, a friend of mine had some hyper-active disorder, and he would often repeat things he heard in video games, or on television, and it wouldn't be right to have him around games like GTA San Andreas where Carl says such horrendous things as "I blame society", or "Can I ha' dis?"

I had started playing GTA when I was 9. San Andreas was my first game, and my father was worried that I'd ask him questions he wasn't prepared for. In the end I sold the game back to gamestop because I was worried what my mom would think of it, but after I had bought it back, and started playing it around her she seemed fine with it. I can see parents keeping their kids away from games like grand theft auto because they don't want their kids to know that such horrendous things happen in the world, though I wasn't raised around parents like that.

ToniForelli
  • ToniForelli

Tap Tap Tap! *Troll food*. Umad?

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

*Sees the topic title*
Well of course it's appropriate.

NoxiousWR
  • NoxiousWR

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:59 PM

Grand Theft Auto isn't made for kids, so any 'parent' who moans about their kids being exposed to violence in these games has only them self to blame. I've been playing GTA since the original and as a child back then it never affected my behavior.

I've never really understood why/how parents complain about games like Grand Theft Auto, after all they're the ones who would have to buy it for their kids so if they don't like their kids playing it - don't buy it. Simple sarcasm.gif

Cole Phelps Gta
  • Cole Phelps Gta

#HEEL

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:41 AM

QUOTE (iGrandTheftAuto @ Wednesday, Jan 4 2012, 20:49)
With drug abuse, prostitution, murder, and gangs.. etc. I would say there would have to be an age limit. I think it would be appropriate for maybe a 13 or 14 year old but deffinetly not any younger.

The only problem i have with this logic is girls and boys are having sex at 14/15 and doing ''other things'' at 11/12 so if their doing ''sex'' i'm pretty sure a violent video game doesn't matter. Their no longer kids imo

dansgas1000
  • dansgas1000

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:47 AM

I played GTA first time when i was 8-9 but diidnt really kill anyone i just free-roamed and didint do the story biggrin.gif but then i got into the story more and now i juust wanna f**k sh*t up and kill b!tches XD

dansgas1000
  • dansgas1000

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE (copperrobber @ Monday, Jan 30 2012, 19:05)
i played GTA:san andreas when i was 9 ! though i didnt went around and killed people ack then, i cheated and sh*t biggrin.gif

EXACTLY what i did biggrin.gif

(Double post XD)

GAME MASTER
  • GAME MASTER

This is the American Dream

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:18 AM

GTA games is based on kid's decision whenever they want to play the game but the responsibilities will come from their parents to ensure that the kid won't do anything stupid in real life like getting involved in shooting at innocent people or stealing any items from people's properties.

Nowadays, the crimes had gone up because of the kid's behaviour that came from the game. Any other violent game like Manhunt 2 is extreme because of too much gore, killing, other theme content like drugs and that will affect the personality on person's mind, wondering if he/she will do something stupid. rampage_ani.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users