Photo

The UK: In decline?

43 replies to this topic
KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 18:44)
I don't agree with the anti-immigration nonsense, but I honestly believe the majority of working class Britons have a real issue with it. And if they can't even be bothered to do anything to make themselves heard, they deserve to be exploited and betrayed.

What? And instantly get branded like everyone else does when bringing this subject up? This is why we have a Government who tries to brush it all under the carpet, as I was discussing in my topic, which surprise, surprise, resulted in me being branded racist and whatnot.

@John...yet another person who thinks it's cool to attack the tabloid papers for their views, when in fact, papers like the DM and DE are far worse when it comes to their political stance.

Irviding
  • Irviding

No bed crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Tuesday, Apr 17 2012, 16:54)
I don't agree with the anti-immigration nonsense, but I honestly believe the majority of working class Britons have a real issue with it. And if they can't even be bothered to do anything to make themselves heard, they deserve to be exploited and betrayed.

What? And instantly get branded like everyone else does when bringing this subject up? This is why we have a Government who tries to brush it all under the carpet, as I was discussing in my topic, which surprise, surprise, resulted in me being branded racist and whatnot.

@John...yet another person who thinks it's cool to attack the tabloid papers for their views, when in fact, papers like the DM and DE are far worse when it comes to their political stance.

That's because your views were racist, and if I recall you were laughed out of the topic by your fellow Brits due to your comments.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:36 PM Edited by Butters 2011, 19 April 2012 - 11:08 PM.

QUOTE (Irviding @ Tuesday, Apr 17 2012, 23:02)

That's because your views were racist, and if I recall you were laughed out of the topic by your fellow Brits due to your comments.

I actually believe that I wasn't 'laughed out of my topic' by my fellow Brits, but was presented with a good debate, of which I was able to provide a well presented comeback to and further progress the debate. And no, none of the points I made were racist at all...but please, please find me some evidence to back up your post. I think you'll find I'm one of the least racist people you'll come across, especially for someone who comes from the city I come from.

Yet again, I see you're trolling me in a topic about the UK. yawn.gif

Well there's a shock...you failed to back your pathetic comment up. yawn.gif

Irviding
  • Irviding

No bed crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:00 AM

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Tuesday, Apr 17 2012, 18:36)

I actually believe that I wasn't 'laughed out of my topic' by my fellow Brits, but was presented with a good debate, of which I was able to provide a well presented comeback to and further progress the debate. And no, none of the points I made were racist at all...but please, please find me some evidence to back up your post. I think you'll find I'm one of the least racist people you'll come across, especially for someone who comes from the city I come from.

The evidence is all in that topic man. You were making point after point of unsubstantiated nonsense about immigrants in the UK. Let me tell you, as an outside observer looking in your country, immigration, be it legal or illegal, is probably one of, and if not the smallest issue you guys over there should be concerned with right now.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE (Irviding @ Sunday, Apr 29 2012, 03:00)

The evidence is all in that topic man. You were making point after point of unsubstantiated nonsense about immigrants in the UK. Let me tell you, as an outside observer looking in your country, immigration, be it legal or illegal, is probably one of, and if not the smallest issue you guys over there should be concerned with right now.

But exactly, you're an outsider and the only f*cking way of you having any idea of what goes on over here is from what you read in the media. Immigration is a subject that gets brought up quite often in the news over here, from crime and whatnot through to how their 'stealing our jobs'. Immigration is a massive subject over here, and anyone who denies it has no f*cking clue to the reality of this country...just like you, who seems to just want to troll me with your pathetic comments. I never stated that it was the biggest subject over here, but the reality is, it's a subject that still gets brought about.

I've read through the previous topic, and have yet to see any member 'laughing at me', so as I said, please, quote the posts that have members laughing at what I have written...but in the meantime, kindly shut the f*ck up on a subject you clearly have no idea on. Branding me a racist...f*ck me, you're just an example of how pathetic some people are in this world, where one mention of 'foreigners getting favoured' instantly makes you racist.

You've come onto this forum and instantly decided to pick me out as a member to troll, not even knowing me or anything, and all you have done is shown how much of a f*cking idiot you really are.

Think you should first of all, read about the city that I come from, then come back and have an intelligent conversation with me.

yawn.gif

Irviding
  • Irviding

No bed crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Sunday, Apr 29 2012, 17:48)
QUOTE (Irviding @ Sunday, Apr 29 2012, 03:00)

But exactly, you're an outsider and the only f*cking way of you having any idea of what goes on over here is from what you read in the media. Immigration is a subject that gets brought up quite often in the news over here, from crime and whatnot through to how their 'stealing our jobs'. Immigration is a massive subject over here, and anyone who denies it has no f*cking clue to the reality of this country...just like you, who seems to just want to troll me with your pathetic comments. I never stated that it was the biggest subject over here, but the reality is, it's a subject that still gets brought about.

I've read through the previous topic, and have yet to see any member 'laughing at me', so as I said, please, quote the posts that have members laughing at what I have written...but in the meantime, kindly shut the f*ck up on a subject you clearly have no idea on. Branding me a racist...f*ck me, you're just an example of how pathetic some people are in this world, where one mention of 'foreigners getting favoured' instantly makes you racist.

You've come onto this forum and instantly decided to pick me out as a member to troll, not even knowing me or anything, and all you have done is shown how much of a f*cking idiot you really are.

Think you should first of all, read about the city that I come from, then come back and have an intelligent conversation with me.

yawn.gif

You're taking my comments too literally. Perhaps you don't understand the idiom, but laughed out does not mean literally laughed at. It means you were shot down in your arguments by others, namely Sivis and Typhus upon my rereading of the topic just now. Actually, no, I don't get my opinions on this from the Media. If I got them from the media, I'd have as deluded an opinion as you do - blaming immigrants for everything, complaining about them ruining your holidays, etc etc. And that still doesn't change my previous point. Your country is not in decline because of immigrants. It's in decline because your government is being run by a bunch of idiot austerians who subscribe to the notion that cutting spending will inspire a wave of confidence. Why don't you go and worry about entering a double dip recession first, rather than blaming things on immigrants.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE (Irviding @ Sunday, Apr 29 2012, 22:58)
You're taking my comments too literally. Perhaps you don't understand the idiom, but laughed out does not mean literally laughed at. It means you were shot down in your arguments by others, namely Sivis and Typhus upon my rereading of the topic just now. Actually, no, I don't get my opinions on this from the Media. If I got them from the media, I'd have as deluded an opinion as you do - blaming immigrants for everything, complaining about them ruining your holidays, etc etc. And that still doesn't change my previous point. Your country is not in decline because of immigrants. It's in decline because your government is being run by a bunch of idiot austerians who subscribe to the notion that cutting spending will inspire a wave of confidence. Why don't you go and worry about entering a double dip recession first, rather than blaming things on immigrants.

No, I think you need to read that topic properly, and see that it was what a debate is supposed to be, where people take other people's points and argue their point against them. I haven't blamed the decline on immigrants, and can't find a topic where I have. The only time I have really mentioned immigrants in here is in regards to the fact that more and more job positions are getting filled by foreigners, simply because the youth of this country just don't have the skills anymore to do the jobs, something of which I think relates to this subject in a massive way, for many reasons. If the youth no longer have the skills, then it shows that our education system is failing them, they have no passion inside them anymore, and the fact that being on the dole is no longer seen as a stigma, but just the norm these days. There was a recent article in the news yesterday that was about a firm that offered work experience of some sort to jobless youngsters, and they all failed to turn up, simply because they couldn't be bothered with it. I admit, I'm currently on the dole, but I lost my job due to the recession, so don't come and talk to me about what the priority should be in this country, when I have actually personally witnessed it.

It's a vicious circle though, and the Government are the ones to blame for what they have let happen to our country.

And where do you get your 'ideas' from then? I have to laugh at you though, for saying that all my ideas about the country of which I live in come from the media...get a f*cking grip, I live in this country you f*cking moron. And where the f*ck have I blamed immigrants for anything...especially my holidays? dontgetit.gif The thing about the last topic that you seem to have failed to grasp at is that I never once blamed the immigrants personally, but instead, the Government for trying to brush it all under the carpet. If you're going to continue to troll me though, atleast know what it is you're attacking me for in the first place, rather than taking me out of context.

Think you'll find that it is you that members of this forum are getting rather tired with, especially when it comes to your debates.

Irviding
  • Irviding

No bed crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:45 AM

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Sunday, Apr 29 2012, 18:13)
QUOTE (Irviding @ Sunday, Apr 29 2012, 22:58)

No, I think you need to read that topic properly, and see that it was what a debate is supposed to be, where people take other people's points and argue their point against them. I haven't blamed the decline on immigrants, and can't find a topic where I have. The only time I have really mentioned immigrants in here is in regards to the fact that more and more job positions are getting filled by foreigners, simply because the youth of this country just don't have the skills anymore to do the jobs, something of which I think relates to this subject in a massive way, for many reasons. If the youth no longer have the skills, then it shows that our education system is failing them, they have no passion inside them anymore, and the fact that being on the dole is no longer seen as a stigma, but just the norm these days. There was a recent article in the news yesterday that was about a firm that offered work experience of some sort to jobless youngsters, and they all failed to turn up, simply because they couldn't be bothered with it. I admit, I'm currently on the dole, but I lost my job due to the recession, so don't come and talk to me about what the priority should be in this country, when I have actually personally witnessed it.

It's a vicious circle though, and the Government are the ones to blame for what they have let happen to our country.

And where do you get your 'ideas' from then? I have to laugh at you though, for saying that all my ideas about the country of which I live in come from the media...get a f*cking grip, I live in this country you f*cking moron. And where the f*ck have I blamed immigrants for anything...especially my holidays? dontgetit.gif The thing about the last topic that you seem to have failed to grasp at is that I never once blamed the immigrants personally, but instead, the Government for trying to brush it all under the carpet. If you're going to continue to troll me though, atleast know what it is you're attacking me for in the first place, rather than taking me out of context.

I think this argument between the two of us is right now unnecessarily antagonistic. I apologize for starting it with you using a personal attack, but my point remains. Reading through that topic what I see from you is simply uneducated hyperbole against immigrants. I don't have to, nor will I, go and quote specific examples, because the whole first page shows you doing it. I didn't even look to the second. You make a good point that immigrants filling positions is a reason for it - they are better suited for the task and your own people are not good enough for it, therefore as you say the education system fails them. That makes sense and is totally agreeable. You did not say anything of the sort in the last topic and you know it.

I was referring to your talk about the Muslims and poppy plants.

Think you'll find that it is you that members of this forum are getting rather tired with, especially when it comes to your debates.

Really? Who would that be? The weasel or whatever the f*ck his name is?

MIKON8ERISBACK
  • MIKON8ERISBACK

My real name is Michael. #FACT.

• Members

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:21 AM

QUOTE (TheInterpreter @ Thursday, Dec 29 2011, 04:51)
Are we in decline? I can't definitively say if we are or not. I think with the military cuts and the education cuts we are on our way.

It's all caused by high taxes, coddled children, and an excessively heavily controlled education system slanting 90 degrees to the left.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:36 AM

QUOTE (Irviding @ Monday, Apr 30 2012, 00:45)
You did not say anything of the sort in the last topic and you know it.

Congratulations, because that's what the topic was supposed to be about...

Irviding
  • Irviding

No bed crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Monday, Apr 30 2012, 04:36)

Yes, and it went down a tirade about immigration.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (Irviding @ Monday, Apr 30 2012, 19:44)
QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Monday, Apr 30 2012, 04:36)

Yes, and it went down a tirade about immigration.

Which was brought on by another member, was it not?

Look, I sense some form of warning on the way, so just drop the subject. It's pathetic to see you troll me in any subject to do with England, and for you to call me, of all people, racist is one of the biggest jokes ever.

Irviding
  • Irviding

No bed crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:54 AM

Which was brought on by another member, was it not?

Look, I sense some form of warning on the way, so just drop the subject. It's pathetic to see you troll me in any subject to do with England, and for you to call me, of all people, racist is one of the biggest jokes ever.

I'm not trolling you. And nor am I the only one to call you a racist or insinuate that your views stem from some intrinsic racism within you. I've gotten along with you in most topics and it's just this issue where I find what you said to be complete drivel, end of story. If you want to start that topic up again, go ahead and we can talk about it there. Otherwise I agree it's not really relevant here.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:47 AM

I have no qualms about you continuing this debate, if you wish, on two conditions-

1) either relate it to the topic at hand or take it to a relevant one; and
2) no personal insults

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users