Photo

Most disappointing aspect of GTA IV?

76 replies to this topic
Karjerker
  • Karjerker

Let's Be Bad Guys

• Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:10 PM

I went out of my way to avoid bowling, playing darts (especially hated that ''entertainment'') and drinking ... who wants to be drunk when there are mad-dog killers waiting to blow you away? I quite enjoyed the pool games thou.

Qw3rTYz
  • Qw3rTYz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:09 PM

No AA confused.gif

BadBoy4448
  • BadBoy4448

Please reconnect controller

• Members

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:22 PM

I hate how the vehicles sound. Take for example the scooter... It sounds like a bloody bee... And all of the other bikes too.. HUUUUUUGE disappoinment

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:26 PM

Dear JESUS GOD AL-f*ckIN'-MIGHTY!!!!!

I've just started playing this, despite the fact it's been sitting on my shelf for the last two years, and already I feel I want to tear out my hair and eat it!

I have no issues with the storyline, the missions, the (lack of interesting) side missions and activities - after all, it's a new gen game so it's going to be different from the GTA III series on PS2 - but the one thing that hacks me off, I mean really, REALLY, hacks me off are the controls and the physics engine running the game.

I'm not sure if it's the X-Box version, but everything in the game is so f*cking sluggish, Niko moves as though he's wading through treacle, the vehicles drive as through mud, and the amount of oversteer on the bloody things is so excessive as to make them uncontrollable. As for Niko's fighting skills, let's just say my 82 year-old mother is faster on her feet and with her fists than he is.

The controller configurations suck sh*t through a straw, and I found I had to keep switching between classic and standard depending on whether Niko was in or out of the car. I'm curious what they're like on the PS3. Seriously thinking about linking my PS2 controller to the X-Box before I have an eppy and throw it through the screen.

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

Livin' It Up At The Hotel California

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:27 PM

I see a lot of people complaining about interiors. Here is a map go to: Points of Interest > Building With Interior. http://grandtheftaut...iberty-City-Map So, thats the map and if you go under TBoGT it shows the building where you played Chinese Takeout, that's always fun to visit.

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (namor @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 13:26)
Dear JESUS GOD AL-f*ckIN'-MIGHTY!!!!!

I've just started playing this, despite the fact it's been sitting on my shelf for the last two years, and already I feel I want to tear out my hair and eat it!

I have no issues with the storyline, the missions, the (lack of interesting) side missions and activities - after all, it's a new gen game so it's going to be different from the GTA III series on PS2 - but the one thing that hacks me off, I mean really, REALLY, hacks me off are the controls and the physics engine running the game.

I'm not sure if it's the X-Box version, but everything in the game is so f*cking sluggish, Niko moves as though he's wading through treacle, the vehicles drive as through mud, and the amount of oversteer on the bloody things is so excessive as to make them uncontrollable. As for Niko's fighting skills, let's just say my 82 year-old mother is faster on her feet and with her fists than he is.

The controller configurations suck sh*t through a straw, and I found I had to keep switching between classic and standard depending on whether Niko was in or out of the car. I'm curious what they're like on the PS3. Seriously thinking about linking my PS2 controller to the X-Box before I have an eppy and throw it through the screen.

I'm on the PS3 and I haven't had those problems. But, as to Niko's fighting you are right. He punches slow and kicks slow. I always try to stomp a person when they are down, and then Niko moves back whilst I try to click it fast, I think GTA San Andreas had a good fighting mode.

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (too many gorillas @ Tuesday, Feb 28 2012, 02:30)
The lack of fingerless gloves was an unforgivable omission on Rockstar's part. I'm on console.

I agree, he has it in a lot of the character art. I question why R* didn't include it.

jlamay
  • jlamay

Lost In Liberty City

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:56 PM

I'm disapointed over Niko not having enough car ports to park his cars in and be able to use them! BOGT and LAD had lots of car spaces! I missed that with Niko's game.

Metzger
  • Metzger

Robber

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:55 AM

Well, there are three things that I do not appreciate very much.

1. It often happened to me: when a car has rolled on it's side and it was just about to roll on it's roof, it has rolled back on it's four wheels? What the hell?
2. You have a little ways to profit once you have completed storyline.
3. This is a minor thing but: you can't use your cell phone camera to make screenshoots. It's only for fun.

phender
  • phender

Just cool........and yes, THAT is the gun in my pocket !!

• Members

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:55 PM Edited by phender, 12 May 2012 - 07:43 PM.

A few things that I found disappointing.........

No buses/bus routes to operate.

All those trailers that CANNOT be hooked up to the Phantom.

The 'drunk' sequence going on far too long.

When you look around you, there are other peds wearing some nice clothes.
WHERE THE HELL CAN YOU GET CLOTHES LIKE THOSE FOR NIKO ??!!

The physics on the pool table were awful, what with the balls stopping dead when they hit the side cushions, and seemingly getting 'pulled' into the pockets when they were clearly NOT lined up to them, oh, and it was FAR TOO EASY to pot the cue ball by mistake !!!!

The traffic glitch, sometimes there are NOTHING BUT TAXIS on the roads.........

There are more, but I'll ease up for now.

JamesBuxton
  • JamesBuxton

JB

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:12 PM

1. The lack of space, I know it represented the city really well, but it got boring seeing all the same streets over and over.

2. Not being able to go inside many places.

3. The fact it wasn't particularly fun, it was too serious.

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:39 PM

I really hated the fact that the only time I managed to locate and save a Comet, Infernus and Super GT was during the car theft missions for Stevie (when they spawn while you're driving one), so I had to stop the one I was driving, jack another and save it in a parking slot (sometimes two slots because of the ongoing GTA "vanishing cars" glitch) and then go back and jack Stevie's car again.

I found that these three just do not spawn on their own unless you happen to be in one, and there isn't a regular spot where you can find one.

thelostrev
  • thelostrev

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE (Claude94 @ Wednesday, Feb 15 2012, 20:45)
QUOTE (PaddsterG2k3 @ Wednesday, Feb 15 2012, 08:22)
I think what most people (including myself's) issue with GTA IV is that it seemingly removed many, many features that were present in some form in the previous III era games. Now, there is nothing we, as players can do about this. However, people argue that certain features were ommitted because they did not fit in with the character of Niko. Now, I understand that Niko having a pink afro does fit in with him - GTA IV is not Saints Row, I understand and agree. However, to not allow Niko to do Taxi missions, ride a bicycle, drive a tank, wield a katana etc, because it does not fit in with the story is, well, not acceptable really. It then means the character of Niko is inhibiting and limiting the players choice in a game that is, rightly so, the champion of player freedom within games - the king of the sandboxes.

Now, I appreciate that the ommision of say bicycles or even the Chainsaw may be to do with technical issues of the then new RAGE and Euphoria system, but that aside, the ommision of so many other aspects frustrated players somewhat - going back to a GTA III level of basicness, in fact, even less so than that.

Definitely. Niko was in the military, right? They could just use that as an excuse as to how he knows to fly a plane or commandeer a tank, just like how it was his excuse for helicopters. Though it's quite likely that many of these things were removed simply because they were inexperienced with this new engine at the time. I think I remember hearing that part of the reason planes were left out was because of technical issues, but I can't remember where I heard that from. You are right, though. We should be allowed to have choice in what we want to do. If they were to add in something, say a flamethrower, we wouldn't have to use it if we didn't want to or if some people thought it was too unrealistic for their tastes. But it would still be there for others to use.

Overall, though, GTA IV wasn't a disappointing experience for me. I loved the game, I just felt we could have had some more things from the previous GTA games (whether it's activities or certain vehicles or weapons or abilitie) to use if we wanted to use them.

In an interview, dan houser said that because liberty city's map was much smaller than san andreas, and it was just a big city so it would be impractical to put a plane in the game.

Cyc2u
  • Cyc2u

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:31 PM

I bought this for PC back when it was ported. I couldnt even finish it cause the port was bad and my pc was a dinosaur. I recently grabbed the bundle off psn and have been playing it on console. A much better experience. But what i hate the most is the constant nagging phone calls for dating. It wouldnt be bad once in a while, but its almost every time i get into a vehicle. And im so early in the game i only have Roman, Jacob and Michelle. I cant seem to get a few minutes to relax and check out the game a little.
I really hope they tone down on that stuff in 5.

Turbojohn
  • Turbojohn

Hustler

• Members

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:20 PM

After playing for a long time I have 3 disapointing bits to point out:
Map is really good, but becames really boring after a while.

Weapon variety and ammunition limit: In san andreas you could have 9999 rockets, in GTA IV only 8 DA FUQ???

WTF is wrong with rockstar for not letting you in the damn airport???
Why do you get chased?
It's more realistic? But who cares about that sincerely what was going on that makes them have such gamebreaking decision

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:13 AM

QUOTE (Turbojohn @ Sunday, Jun 10 2012, 07:20)
WTF is wrong with rockstar for not letting you in the damn airport???
Why do you get chased?
It's more realistic? But who cares about that sincerely what was going on that makes them have such gamebreaking decision

Well I guess it's like Area 69 in SA. If you crossed into its air space or entered it you'd get a wanted level also. Since one of the central themes in GTA IV is the paranoia surrounding terrorism in a post 9/11 NYC setting is it any wonder you'd get a wanted level entering the airport?

HOLDMYBALLSACK
  • HOLDMYBALLSACK

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:13 PM

hated the protagonist, hates the other characters (apart from bruce) missions were repetetive, everything bland grey and bleack

overall i did not like the game one bit

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users