» «
Photo

Most disappointing aspect of GTA IV?

76 replies to this topic
petey207
  • petey207

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:56 AM Edited by petey207, 28 December 2011 - 04:01 PM.

What do you think if the most disappointing aspect of GTA IV? It can be from plot points, to physics, to actual game play, to graphics, or ANYTHING.

I think I'd be most disappointed in the ending of the game when Roman/Kate gets killed. Niko seems barely bothered when Roman dies. Sure he puts a couple more bullets into the hitman, but he doesn't really look like he's snapped or anything. He just seems like "Oh, f*ck sakes. Really?"

Edit

Added spoiler tags, for the newbies smile.gif

Karjerker
  • Karjerker

Let's Be Bad Guys

• Members

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:51 AM Edited by Karjerker, 03 January 2012 - 02:02 PM.

Interesting, petey207, I was disappointed that the world map was missing access to more of the "old" Liberty City, the one only hinted at which is now being swallowed up in the new. For example, there is in Alderney traces of the old railroads which used to cover its real time counterpart (New Jersey), the remains of rail and road bridges which no longer exist or which are now relics to former times. There is even a rail tunnel in Alderney, and another in Boabo which just vanishes underground into a sealed tunnel mouth with no evidence either come out someplace else. My favorite is the old El Railroad section in Algonquin built in the late 19th Century. It would have been infinitely more interesting to have added sections of sewers, storm drains, tunnels, underground rooms even which can be used as a means to escape, even make-shift safe houses for our characters to conceal themselves in. In fact, it would be a terrific idea for our characters to purchase weaponry and set up caches of equipment, weapons, at various points around the city to be used when needed, but that's just my thinking on the matter.

The ability to walk into and rob banks and company payrolls would have been nice - simply walking into a place and initiating a robbery and then attempting an escape from the authorities afterwards, with the odds stacked against you increasing with every daring raid you make succeeding - this was borne out of my love of the mission "Three Leaf Clover" which by far was among the best of the missions as it really forced the player to duke it out with the powers that be and come through it. Sadly there is not enough room in this message thread to compile a complete list of my personal opinions, but you set the ball rolling here, petey207 and let's hope that others add to it.

Appendum: thanks, petey207 for the spoiler fix. Ta.

cc1990
  • cc1990

Serial killers are the true environmentalists. :)

• Members

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:37 PM

Not enough interiors. A big fun city like Liberty City should have had more places to explore inside, more things to do.

petey207
  • petey207

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:03 PM

I totally agree. A few more interiors to play around in would have been great. Or maybe more to do in the current interiors we've been given to play with. There isn't much to do in Playboys house except just watch TV and... that's pretty much it. Then when you get bored you make a head-first dive off the side of the building and slap into any pedestrians down below.

cc1990
  • cc1990

• Members

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (petey207 @ Wednesday, Dec 28 2011, 16:03)
I totally agree. A few more interiors to play around in would have been great. Or maybe more to do in the current interiors we've been given to play with. There isn't much to do in Playboys house except just watch TV and... that's pretty much it. Then when you get bored you make a head-first dive off the side of the building and slap into any pedestrians down below.

Hahaha. That is so true!

I also liked watching TV, the should have had a lot more TV shows to watch, it was a lot more entertaining than watching real tv. lmao. smile.gif

azali10
  • azali10

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (petey207 @ Wednesday, Dec 28 2011, 16:03)

I counted like 20-40 interiors. They just aren't all marked, you can find a map on the internet.

Karjerker
  • Karjerker

Let's Be Bad Guys

• Members

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:33 AM

I looked that up, the interiors map for GTA-IV can be found here: GTA-IV Building Interiors map.

100mL
  • 100mL

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:14 PM

No gambling and the small selection of clothes and accessories.

K-Malo94
  • K-Malo94

Latin Thug

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:02 AM Edited by Mikey_Navaja, 02 January 2012 - 12:09 AM.

I'm disappointed at how bad some textures (such as store fronts) look up close. confused.gif You can see how some of them looked rushed when they were placed.

I'm also not a fan of how sluggish the game just feels.

I know there are mods to raise the resolution and have better textures, but sadly, I'm a console player

RockStarNiko
  • RockStarNiko

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:41 AM

I am about halfway through the game currently 46.8%

mission passed 45
vlad 100%
jacob 100%
faustin 100%
brucie 100%
manny 100%
playboy 100%
dwayne 100%
elizabeta 75%
francis 66%

side missions
drug delivery done
brucie car jackings done
5 races done
100 flying rats
24 stunts
9 randoms done

the main story missions are mostly very good and had a lot of fun with russian revolution, deconstruction for beginners, snow storm and others

but the side missions are not much fun really and also much too easy

the races are fun but TOO EASY
flying rats are very boring
stunt jumps are good though i like doing them on my NRG
drug deliveries were dull cos it was same thing over and over

I remember in GTA III VC and SA side missions were MUCH more difficult and also more fun

eg I loved the stunt bike arena in SA, that was fun and tricky to master, doing the ambulance/police/taxi/fire missions were always hard and rewarding when finally completed and lots of other ones

taking friends out is tedious as well, the only activity i like is bowling really and pool is ok
when you go out drinking, we don't see them drinking just the after effects (which is quite funny the FIRST time)

i wish all the activities were as good as bowling then maybe it would not be so dull taking friends out every so often

so halfway through the game i say

main story = good missions and characters
side missions = boring, easy and disappointing

the game is very easy so far, seems much easier than previous GTA games

too much ammo

i got over $70 000 and nothing to spend it on?!?!

but i will keep on because i like the main missions and i want to get 100% (though I wish I had just played main story at this point)

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:02 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 03 January 2012 - 02:04 AM.

-No car customizing despite the fact one of Niko's friends own an auto shop.
-200 flying rats just flat out sucks.

Other than those two gripes the game is easily one of the best I've ever owned.

cc1990
  • cc1990

• Members

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:40 AM

QUOTE (Mikey_Navaja @ Monday, Jan 2 2012, 00:02)
I'm disappointed at how bad some textures (such as store fronts) look up close.  confused.gif You can see how some of them looked rushed when they were placed.

True. But you can't expect every little detail to be 100% perfect. It's a video game, there is going to be faults with it. They maybe rushed some little parts of it just as long as it's in places that don't matter it's okay. Lol. smile.gif

gogether
  • gogether

the duck

• Members

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:38 AM

a heliport to store your helicopters, sucks because there isnt one

Karjerker
  • Karjerker

Let's Be Bad Guys

• Members

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:08 PM Edited by Karjerker, 05 January 2012 - 01:39 AM.

Hey, gogether I've successfully parked a helicopter outside the apartments at North Holland, South Bohan, and Alderney City in the car parking spaces, but its a tight fit and yes you can take off from there, but I would advise against it unless you have piloting skills. Sadly the one at Hove Beach is covered by the El Train line, and the one at Middle Park East is too close to the main highway there, so it makes it hard to park copters. Thankfully, if you do manage to park the parking space auto-repairs the helicopter, so if some passing vehicle damages it, it should sort itself out.

Incidentally, I attempted while offline, and playing The Ballard of Gay Tony to gain access to a number of locations in Liberty City because I was told that it was possible - and found that it is not. Luis CANNOT enter Comrades bar, Modo, the Russian clothes store, the house formerly owned by the conspiracy nut nor Perseus - despite my being told it was possible. I'm of the opinion that perhaps it may be possible on a console, but so far definitely not possible under PC.

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:41 PM

The lack of loli mods is disturbing.

CrowBarZ
  • CrowBarZ

Storm Mancini

• Members

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:57 PM

The most dissapointing aspect of this game is not being able to eat pie :3

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

What exactly are we doing?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Tuesday, Jan 3 2012, 02:02)

Agreed. I wish I could have had a Black N Yellow Banshee sad.gif

cc1990
  • cc1990

• Members

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:13 AM

I was also disappointed with the safe houses, just lack of great choices. I wanted to own one of the houses in Leftwood and Westdyke. I thought it was weird you can open the garage doors by driving up to them, kinda pointless feature. I was hoping for more interiors to f*ck around in, bars, stores, houses, etc. I also didn't like the lack of clothes to buy and the way of the clothes menue took to slow to flip through clothes. XD

Karjerker
  • Karjerker

Let's Be Bad Guys

• Members

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:25 AM

Just recently I've begun playing the multiplayer mode in GTA-IV and I'm amending my ''most disappointing'' to include a lot of the people who play it. I'm no stranger to multiplayer, but one consistency continues to amaze me and that is how many jerks and idiots and malicious punks there are in multiplayer games. Now I'll just say that I'm pretty good at gaming, I'm not an expert and I screw up just as often as anyone else, but recently I've begun to notice a definite need for certain others to use cheats, which is simply not sporting, to immediately open fire on respawning avatars or even to camp out at the respawn site to get more kills. One joker even decided that a RPG was his weapon of choice and somehow modded his game so he could use it from a moving vehicle - very clever if I may say so, but misplaced as it ruined the enjoyment of others who wished to combat a live target one-on-one. However, the one thing that I cannot stand is the player who uses voice or text channels to abuse the other players, belittling them, making malicious comments ... one such creep ended up being reported repeatedly today for such actions, and eventually had a map all to himself as he more or less irritated everyone else to the point that they left to find a server without him on it.

If anyone wants to join me for a live game, let me know and I'll send you my user name.

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:37 AM

no enough activites to do after finishing the game (police, EMS, and fire missions)

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:27 AM

QUOTE (ddyoung @ Tuesday, Jan 31 2012, 11:37)
no enough activites to do after finishing the game (police, EMS, and fire missions)

Vigilante missions in GTA IV are unlimited.

lol232
  • lol232

The Hardwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Tuesday, Jan 3 2012, 03:02)

Same here tounge2.gif .
Also the fact that Ray Boccino dies, and the fact that IV has cheats.

junkpile
  • junkpile

Liberty City, it's over! Next Stop. Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:16 PM

I'm satisfied with the story, characters, map, clothes, weapons, minigames,...but two things that kind of suck are:

1. plot holes & continuity errors in the story w/ characters (f.e. Elizabeta should be in jail when still giving missions in TLAD, Jim's character model <- I had no problem knowing it was him who got killed in GTA IV, but many people react like "WTF? That was Jim?!" and I can't blame them because he turned into a complete different guy, there are many more errors like with the diamonds, or logical mistakes,...

2. AUTOS and customization. I'm no fan of nitro or heavily pimped up cars, but at least the option to choose your colour for the paintjob yourself should have been there.
Also, cars you somehow "own" still vanish after you walk away too far. This should be changed.

Jordy.
  • Jordy.

Matty?

• Members

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:36 PM

Awesome game all round, but the city could've had more character to it. There could've been more fun side missions. The graphics are quite blurry too, I can't help but noticing; but since this was one of Rockstar's first games to use the RAGE engine, it's forgivable.

Hell, everything is forgivable. I've been popping the disc into my PS3 since its release.

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:51 AM

Everything, this game sucks big time. Worst GTA game. I ain't trollin' I'm dead serious.
  • TonyMontanaCDL likes this

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:02 AM

QUOTE (DizzeeXL @ Sunday, Feb 12 2012, 09:51)
Everything, this game sucks big time. Worst GTA game. I ain't trollin' I'm dead serious.

I hope you are indeed trolling, so I don't have to come to terms with the fact that there ARE people out there who actually have such terrible tastes.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:10 AM

The cellphone. Ultra annoying, crap cheats, only the "Pager" ringtone was good in it. Rest of it is utter garbage.
Also it's too dark. (I'm talking about the game vanilla, not with mods.)
And missions sucks. I really love RC missions. (If you configure the keyboard to suit your needs in SA they are very easy.)
Even the bank heist sucks.
And of course how can I forget crap optimalisation on PC. How come it runs slower on my better graphic card?

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:17 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 12 February 2012 - 10:21 AM.

QUOTE (DizzeeXL @ Sunday, Feb 12 2012, 20:51)

Wow. If GTA IV is the worst GTA I'd hate to see what you think the others since it's your favourite GTA according to your profile.

Tool.

PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (ddyoung @ Tuesday, Jan 31 2012, 00:37)

For me this was the most disappointing. I'd loved the new Vigilante missions - I just wish Rockstar had extended this to Paramedic, Fire and particularly Taxi. The omission of the Taxi missions bar Roman's is easily the most disappointing to me. The yellow cab is an iconic symbol of NYC and the inability to role play this was very disappointing.

Players should have choice not limitation.

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE (PaddsterG2k3 @ Sunday, Feb 12 2012, 13:38)
QUOTE (ddyoung @ Tuesday, Jan 31 2012, 00:37)

For me this was the most disappointing. I'd loved the new Vigilante missions - I just wish Rockstar had extended this to Paramedic, Fire and particularly Taxi. The omission of the Taxi missions bar Roman's is easily the most disappointing to me. The yellow cab is an iconic symbol of NYC and the inability to role play this was very disappointing.

Players should have choice not limitation.

I would have to agree with this, too. I just felt that there could have been more side activities to do. I was actually expecting there to be cab activities, and at first I thought that Roman's taxi jobs were going to be permanent. Then I wondered why it disappeared from my phone.

Also, I thought 200 pigeons was a little excessive for just an Annihilator, which I think becomes available once you finish the game. Either they could have made the prize a little better (maybe award us with free weapons that spawn at our safehouses for every 20 or so) or lowered the number of pigeons to 100.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users