Photo

Empire takeover problem

12 replies to this topic
JohnnyTheJew
  • JohnnyTheJew

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:47 PM

I am trying to take over all businesses, but there's a certain business on the second island that has no vehicle outside it... I have just unlocked the second island, done a couple of missions for Lance and taken over some businesses, but this one doesn't have a vehicle outside to destroy. I have tried visiting it on numerous occasions and no gang vehicle spawns outside it. It's a biker owned business. Is this a glitch or will I have to wait until something story wise happens?

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:51 PM

Move on with the story and the problem will solve itself wink.gif
The site will be taken over in the mission "Hostile Takeover"

JohnnyTheJew
  • JohnnyTheJew

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE (GTA Phreak @ Tuesday, Dec 27 2011, 23:51)
Move on with the story and the problem will solve itself wink.gif
The site will be taken over in the mission "Hostile Takeover"

Thank you. It was bothering me.

Also, once I take over all businesses, will the other gangs stop attacking?

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:59 PM

No, not directly.
The attacks will stop once you save and reload or reset. That works even if you don't own all sites btw.

JohnnyTheJew
  • JohnnyTheJew

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE (GTA Phreak @ Wednesday, Dec 28 2011, 12:59)
No, not directly.
The attacks will stop once you save and reload or reset. That works even if you don't own all sites btw.

I own all sites now, and they stopped attacking permanently. Nobody attacks my sites now.

When I didn't own all of them, they attacked constantly and saving and reloading only stopped the attacks for a short while, where as now they have permanently stopped.

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:10 PM

Saving and reloading will stop attacks until you again attack their sites (which you no longer can do since you now own all of them)

ToniForelli
  • ToniForelli

Tap Tap Tap! *Troll food*. Umad?

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:33 PM

Too bad. I wish they would attack your empire site under 1 hour or you could set if they could attack or not. sad.gif I like gang wars.

Zee
  • Zee

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Comedian of the Year 2011

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:54 PM

You dont have to re-load the game to temporarily stop attacks. Simply saving the game once will end the attack.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:13 AM

QUOTE (Zee @ Thursday, Dec 29 2011, 08:54)
You dont have to re-load the game to temporarily stop attacks. Simply saving the game once will end the attack.

Not sure how the PSP version works, but...That is NOT really true on the PS2 version, as I have tried that, and a few times where I saved the game, and as soon as I left the safe house interior, I got the message about an attack on one of my empires..Long story short, the attacks did not stop until I reloaded the game, so GTA Phreak is right on this one(at least for PS2 users)...?

But, with VCS, it is not really a good idea to take ALL empires right when the East Island opens, as you will need to wait a little bit to unlock the Robbery and Drugs and Smuggling Empires through the storyline-if memory serves me right?-as if you take all the sites too early, you could lock yourself out of at least one of those empires, and since you MUST do the missions for ALL Empire types, that would mean you have just locked yourself out of 100% completion of the game...Just a heads up. tounge2.gif

JohnnyTheJew
  • JohnnyTheJew

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:30 AM

@radioman, I am playing the PS2 version and that was not the case for me. As soon as I finished From Hero To Zero I went for all the empires and unlocked all the businesses too (Drugs, Smuggling, Robbery) without a problem. Granted I had to wait for Hostile Takeover in order to take over one of them, but I didn't have to wait at all to unlock the different variations.

All I had to do was take over a certain business, for example if I took over the smuggling business it unlocked, so I don't know why you had it the other way.

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:58 PM

Drugs, Smuggling and Robbery can be unlocked after "From Zero to Hero".
Saving (or starting any mission) will forfeit any attack in progress but will not stop subsequent attacks (or the death squads).
Forfeit means the attacked site will take damage just as it would if it weren't successfully defended.
Beware that buying a site counts as a mission, so buying a site will also forfeit an attack in progress (which is almost impossible to avoid).

MrDanceWithLance
  • MrDanceWithLance

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (ToniForelli @ Thursday, Dec 29 2011, 13:33)
Too bad. I wish they would attack your empire site under 1 hour or you could set if they could attack or not. sad.gif I like gang wars.

Same. I like gang wars. You get free weapons and money, and it increases your criminal rating and media level.

Grover16
  • Grover16

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:37 PM

user posted imageThank you. It was bothering me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users