Photo

Newbies guide to DYOM

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic
Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:59 AM Edited by shiva s, 04 January 2012 - 11:09 AM.

Introduction
You may wondering, what this guide is about. Well, this guide is only for the newcomers who face a lot of problems in DYOM. Sometimes, they earn senior designers disrespect and get banned too young. So, I've to decided to help you. Yes, this guide may look similar to Chimpso's Becoming a successfull designer. But, this is completely different.I'm writing this guide from my own personal experience.
1. General problems, newbies face
Lack of better english
Even I suffered from this, when I began my DYOM carrer. This is the most common proble, some newbies face. Sometimes, old DYOM designers get easily annoyed by the use of poor english by the newbies. Alifjenius, the epic mission designer hate me at first due to this reason. He advised me to learn better english. I obeyed him, and today, he likes me. So, newbies should learn better englsih before they create a mission pack , topic, whatever.
NOTE: Some newbies think , they are good in english and advise the other DYOM Designers, to fix thier english. This makes them to gain disrespect from others.
Quoting long posts, Double posts , etc
This is one of the important thing, a newbie should keep in their mind. Some newbies unknowingly quote long posts and gain nothing but disrespect. So, they should never quote other's post, Double post is not so annoying but some old users get annoyed. So, better stay on safer side. Dont double post.
Giving Feedbacks
Some newbies gain disrespect by giving feedbacks. It doesn't mean that, you should never give feedbacks. But, it depends upon the type of feedbacks you give. Try to give Honest, true , constructive feedbacks. Honesty , true feedbacks doesn't mean that, you should give feedbacks such as boring, pain on my ass , etc. But, give feebacks which doesn't hurt anyone. If you feel that someone copied idea from a movie or any TV show , don't go and post on their topic, " you've copied, copycat." . This makes the others feel that the designer is a copycat and he will also gain disrespect and you'll also gain disrespect .
" I'm a wise asshole"
Some newbies think themselves as well experienced and act wisely. A newbie should never do that . Remeber, you're always a new comer and there are still thing you should learn. Many experinced users such as leoncj, Nitesh, Alifjenius, Notna. Satourn Fan ,etc avoided the above thing
and now look where they are. They are at the top and they have a countless number of fans.
Adding other people to disrespect list with no reasons
Some Newbies add people such as TonyCj, ILovegta and the other spammed ones without even knowing who they are. Remember, this makes them to develop a grudge on you and they can come back by creating a new account and they will seek revenge on you. So stay in the safer side.
A Funny thing some Newbies do
This act is really fun. Some Newbies [Dumping grounds] upload a mission to the site. Everyday, they'll come and check their mission pack and its download metre. Seeing that the download metre is too low, they themselves begin to download their missions to attract people to download it. Really funny, I know a few guys who do this but I don't like to mention them.
Goimg Off-topic
Some newbies unknowingly go offtopic . Offtopicing means discussing about something which is not related to that particular mission pack or mod . If a moderator sees it, they'll issue a warning to that particular newcomer . But some newbies don't know the meaning of offtopic and they'll continue to offtopic and get banned.
Name
Your name should be short and good , if you wanna become famous. So, before creating an account , keep in mind that your name should contain no numbers because some old designers may feel it difficult to use your name . Don't create names like this Billy896300,Handsome84646,etc . Sometimes, you may even forget your name. Let your name be short as possible. For instance, take the names of some great designer such as leoncj,notna, alifjenius, mati,etc. Just look at this names . They are short , contains no numbers and decent. So, your name has the capability to create a huge impact.
Requesting help topics
If you're new to DYOM, then you will have some doubts. Don't go and post it on the support forums. Cause, some people may feel it annoying . Instead, there are many topics , where you can post your problems.
Here's a few words from Chimpso to the new comers
There's only one thing you need to be a good "Newbie". Maturity. I was 13 when i joined this forum and one of the first topics I made was The SAPD Chronicles, which in no way looked "Noobish" at that point (IMO biggrin.gif ). Take other great designers such as Mattata for example. If you make a good impression, people will like you.

This guide is under construction. If you have any feedbacks, feel free to post it.

guib
  • guib

Do you hear the Whisper Men? The Whisper Men Are Near.

• Members

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (shiva s @ Tuesday, Dec 27 2011, 11:59)
You should learn to show respect as well as gain others respect. Gaining respect from people such as Satourn Fan , alifjenius, Guib , secronom president, etc is not so easy.

At last, my name is stated somewhere! cool.gif icon14.gif

This guide can stay!

john12
  • john12

Good Bye!

• Members

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:07 PM

Cool!!!! But.. What about confused.gif

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:07 PM

Just wanted to help my new Friends.

ArijeshM_97
  • ArijeshM_97

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:08 PM

Nice work Shiva. I was personally thinking of making one such guides. Good job.

john12
  • john12

Good Bye!

• Members

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE (ArijeshM_97 @ Tuesday, Dec 27 2011, 17:38)

Um.. so you won't post, huh?

Shiva S: Yup, you also quotad big sh*ts lol.gif

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:15 PM

Thanks, Arijesh. Got your back, buddy.

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE (john12 @ Tuesday, Dec 27 2011, 12:15)
QUOTE (ArijeshM_97 @ Tuesday, Dec 27 2011, 17:38)

Um.. so you won't post, huh?

Shiva S: Yup, you also quotad big sh*ts lol.gif

Ya, at first I was quoting long posts cause I was unaware its a sin.

john12
  • john12

Good Bye!

• Members

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:21 PM

C'mon biggrin.gif

Don't double post.

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:30 PM Edited by Notna, 27 December 2011 - 12:34 PM.

I want to add one thing here.

Very usually, when a new designer joins the community, they always talk like "Hey mah' fans, I ma here ya' can play mah' missooons babee'!". They act like they are already a big deal. You have to earn your respect. And I still know some people here, who act like they are the best designer ever been.

john12
  • john12

Good Bye!

• Members

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:32 PM

Like? Um.. Notna, edit your post. Many spelling mistakes.. tounge.gif

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:35 PM

Edited. But what I just said? You did the same thing I just told about.

KaRzY6
  • KaRzY6

♧ Sick Kunt ♤

• Members

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:37 PM

Nice guide. But many grammar and spelling mistakes. Or well, good job biggrin.gif icon14.gif

john12
  • john12

Good Bye!

• Members

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:37 PM

Um.. oh yes but I have changed by reading the Mewbi guide (not this one). So you all can forgive me for my acts.

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE (KaRzY6 @ Tuesday, Dec 27 2011, 12:37)
Nice guide. But many grammar and spelling mistakes. Or well, good job biggrin.gif icon14.gif

I used a phone to write this guide. I wrote this in no time. So, some spelling mistakes and grammar mistakes. I'd came fully prepared but forgot everything.

Shahonix
  • Shahonix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:52 PM

Nice work shiva s
I think newbie will follow this biggrin.gif

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE (-S-hark21 @ Tuesday, Dec 27 2011, 12:52)
Nice work shiva s
I think newbie will follow this biggrin.gif

This guide is not completed yet.

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:32 PM

Completed or not, now I (if I already did something wrong) won't do a lot wrong anymore

abishai.kochara
  • abishai.kochara

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:09 AM Edited by abishai.kochara, 31 December 2011 - 12:32 PM.

really good, now to what I want to say,

You forgot to add the main thing that even new desginers who are aware of the above and are pleasing and have amazing missions have -
Its called REBELION- my favourite mood, my favourite character
you should work on that too, so that newbies stay away from it!
One more thing.

Old Generation - SP, SF, LCJ, JL.

hard to earn respect

Generation 1 - AK, SS, J12.

easy to earn respest

lol.gif

john12
  • john12

Good Bye!

• Members

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:22 AM

QUOTE (shiva s @ Tuesday, Dec 27 2011, 17:29)
John12

Before I thrash everything in this forum, i must say- Respect and Disrespet is all sh*t! Please edit the post and remove my name. I hate giving respect and Disrespect. Everyone is equal to me.

AND ALSO, DON'T EVER PUT SOMEONE AS IMMATURE OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT! If i respect you, don't think yourself great. Same in SF's list, if he respects, don't feel great because he respects for you behavior. Respect, Disrespect is all sh*t. Who does good, I respect him. It is always not necessary that I can respect anyone.

If You want, I will love to put you in my disrespect list. mad.gif

Everybody is same but if they act like TonyCJ then I might say everybody has right to disrespect.

Ask SF himself, he is more smarter than you. Why did he put you in Respect list, have you every wonder?

Flattering won't work here and I know who flatters here to gain respect.

Sorry for any harsh talks but it's really, you know, angry.gif .

Nothing much, I guess.

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:46 AM

My point is all about respect. I used your because you're my friend. If you want, I can remove it. No, I gonna remove it. Don't pull SF in this. I'm not impressing anyone by opening this type of topic. I only wanted to help my poor new friends. This is only for newbies. Sorry, I wont mention your name ever again. I'll remove it shortly . Don't wory. And why you keep saying sorry for the harsh talk. You know, it is harsh. Damn, I still can't understand you. You know what, I'm elder than you by 2 years. I added you to my respct list, cause you posted good replies lately on whatever topic I make. I dunno what's wrong whith you.

john12
  • john12

Good Bye!

• Members

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:07 AM

Well, sorry. I am not that person. I am ain't blaming you or SF but I hate that sh*t.

Really sorry. You are my friend sad.gif

I help everyone! Let it be any asshole but I love everyone.

Respecting sh*t won't let make a awesome.

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:09 AM

That's okay. But, nowadays something is f*ckin wrong with you.

abishai.kochara
  • abishai.kochara

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE (shiva s @ Wednesday, Dec 28 2011, 08:09)
That's okay. But, nowadays something is f*ckin wrong with you.

whoa, whoa.... STOP THIS,
we're all buddies, hamari dosthi nai thutegi, etc, etc
stop this debate about respect, and john12, no offense but i side with Shiva,
you're different now,
we all liked you a lot.
We still do, know what? we're elder than you, we aren't bossing but look at you, you're over-reacting, you're talking harshly and then saying sorry, we're your friends its Ok for us
but in the outside world..............
according to me by looking at your nowadays attitude- you're ego-isitic
anyway if he posted about respect whats your problem?

john12
  • john12

Good Bye!

• Members

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:09 AM

personal Matters guys sad.gif

Please leave me alone for few hours.

KaRzY6
  • KaRzY6

♧ Sick Kunt ♤

• Members

Posted 31 December 2011 - 07:56 AM

Okay, agree with john here.

Why are you's (shiva and abishai) saying that I'm easy to earn respect from. I don't give out respect like that. You have to earn it from me. What is the different between earning respect from me and say someone like SF or Serconom? Nothing!

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 31 December 2011 - 07:59 AM

Just what K6 said. From me it's also very hard to earn respect. Sometimes it looks like that someone - not pointing out anyone - just puts every name in the list. I take my time and see who really earns it.

abishai.kochara
  • abishai.kochara

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:04 AM

did i say any sh*t about respect? did I?
don't pull me into this, ok?
we're in enough trouble already
angry.gif

KaRzY6
  • KaRzY6

♧ Sick Kunt ♤

• Members

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:09 AM

QUOTE (abishai.kochara @ Wednesday, Dec 28 2011, 17:09)
really good, now to what I want to say,

You forgot to add the main thing that even new desginers who are aware of the above and are pleasing and have amazing missions have -
Its called REBELION- my favourite mood, my favourite character
you should work on that too, so that newbies stay away from it!
One more thing.

Old Generation - SP, SF, LCJ, JL.

hard to earn respect

Generation 1 - AK, SS, K6, J12.

easy to earn respest

lol.gif

What about this Abishai?

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:18 AM

After John said, I deleted the whole section of respect , Karzy. I got it all wrong . Im sorry. I m really depressed about John s break. And, abishai just leave it. Soory Notna.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users