Photo

Lite Skin on GTAGarage

9 replies to this topic
kmlwin.1996
  • kmlwin.1996

Hold upô

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 01:12 PM

I am using slow internet connection.(in fact it is ADSL, comparing to the other foreign countries' internet connection, burma internet connection is wracked) I use the "lite" skin to minimize the page loading time. Lite skin is pretty good on this site, it is fast and versatile.

Lately, I've used GTAGarage and it loads for a lot of time. It is not good for us who are using the slow connection. I usually sees "Network Error" so I have to load the page again and again.

So the admins of GTAGarage, may I suggest you to create a "Lite skin" on GTAGarage? smile.gif So, the common errors for slow connection can be removed. smile.gif

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 December 2011 - 05:45 PM

The simple easy solution would be to change your internet Package to one of a faster speed-pretty much all IP providers offer different packages that have different speeds(I know Cable Internet does-ie. Cox Communications, Comcast, MediaCom, Bright House, etc.)...You should upgrade to a faster DSL(or even Cable) connection-both are pretty much the same price-less than $20/month for the lowest package on cable...Since you can change internet packages online, this option can be done in less than 10 minutes and you can be up and running. Just a friendly heads up....

Lite skins are really only for mobile devices(phones, tablets, and netbooks), in my opinion..

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:38 PM

It's not a solution for someone out of the USA who lives in a country with limited resources, is it? confused.gif The creation of a skin would be better for everyone but if you use Opera, you can try using Opera Turbo, even though it uses a proxy to filter...

kmlwin.1996
  • kmlwin.1996

Hold upô

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:20 AM

I am not from the USA. I am from Burma. Burma's internet connection always sucks. So, I have to use lite skin on this board. I don't have any bank accounts to buy such a things that you said. Want to know the download speed? Max is just 50 kb per second.

Opera is not the one I commonly use. I usually use internet at Internet Cafe. It's PCs don't have Opera. I used proxy filtering, but it slows off more. whatsthat.gif

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:24 PM

Yes I know you're out of the US, that's because I said that. Well proxy filtering in Opera makes images be lower quality for faster loading, normal proxy filtering will slow things down obviously. I guess you'll have to wait for the staff's opinion...

Irviding
  • Irviding

No bed crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:45 PM

To be honest with you, this skin is already very light. The board uses a very old IPB version from the early 2000s... if you really want to try to make it a little quicker, you can try changing to the "Invision Power Board" skin... there aren't any pictures or designs so it will definitely help at least somewhat. My Controls>Options>Skin and Languages>Board 'Skin'>Invision Power Board

kmlwin.1996
  • kmlwin.1996

Hold upô

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE (Irviding @ Thursday, Dec 29 2011, 04:45)
To be honest with you, this skin is already very light. The board uses a very old IPB version from the early 2000s... if you really want to try to make it a little quicker, you can try changing to the "Invision Power Board" skin... there aren't any pictures or designs so it will definitely help at least somewhat. My Controls>Options>Skin and Languages>Board 'Skin'>Invision Power Board

Yes, I know that man. But I was talking about GTAGarage.

Suction Testicle Man
  • Suction Testicle Man

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

• None

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:39 PM

The skin used on GTAGarage has images that are already using fairly low filesizes, and the HTTP responses for most of it indicate it is cacheable. Loading the front page is 206.1KB total, and ~195KB of that should be immediately cached in your browser and used for subsequent requests. We're talking just over 10KB per request after that (in fact it's more like 4/5KB on most pages).

What browser (and version of it) are you using?

kmlwin.1996
  • kmlwin.1996

Hold upô

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 December 2011 - 01:57 PM

Firefox. (version 3.0 or higher)

Suction Testicle Man
  • Suction Testicle Man

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

• None

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:05 PM

In that case caching should be enabled by default. You could try checking in its settings to be sure, but it doesn't sound as if the problem lies with the GTAGarage skin.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users