Photo

GTA V Manual?

43 replies to this topic
llpalm08
  • llpalm08

Prankster

• Members

Posted 25 December 2011 - 11:42 PM

From getting a few of the recent released games this christmas I have realised something worrying about GTA V. Hardly any games ive baught since September have had a propper manual and when they do they are seriously shorter than they were in the past and the best example is in The Elder Scrolls. In IV Oblivion there are 51 pages in the manual wheras if you go into V Skyrim's manual there are only 19 pages. Now does this mean that GTA V will have a shrunken version of their eppic manual, and going by Skyrim's steep down GTA V would end up only having 10 pages or possibly go the way of 95% of the other games and go for the pointless manuall that is just warranty details and contact details. I really hope that they dont do this and stick with their normall size manual as that is one of the best things about the GTA experience allong with the map and the eppic gameplay, because GTA has the most unique manual for a game as it feels like its part of the game and not just a way of helping you out in the game.

Also please dont say this is a pointless topic or any other rubbish like that as this is something new to think about for V that isnt a "Leak" or Ned Luke or GTA era toppics or will this be the best gta yet or whatever other boring things come up on this forum at the moment.

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 25 December 2011 - 11:50 PM Edited by XTREME0235, 25 December 2011 - 11:53 PM.

I don't think Rockstar are the type of company to leave out a lot of details in a manual, given that they haven't done it yet I don't see why they would now.
I would presume that the GTA V manual could be set out much like the GTA IV manual, showcasing all the tourist attractions, activities, radio stations etc. It will be absolutely ridiculous if they even contemplate doing to their manual what Volition did to their Saints Row: The Third manual, which was only about 4 pages.

I mean I realize that we will find out how to play the game as we advance through it given the fact that most GTA games have been set out to give guides throughout the beginning of the game, but it's nice to just have a little manual there in case you want to learn new things at your own pace. Not to mention that the game manuals a few years ago used to actually be interesting to read.

llpalm08
  • llpalm08

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE (XTREME0235 @ Sunday, Dec 25 2011, 23:50)
I don't think Rockstar are the type of company to leave out a lot of details in a manual, given that they haven't done it yet I don't see why they would now.
I would presume that the GTA V manual could be set out much like the GTA IV manual, showcasing all the tourist attractions, activities, radio stations etc. It will be absolutely ridiculous if they even contemplate doing to their manual what Volition did to their Saints Row: The Third manual, which was only about 4 pages.

I agree that Rockstar arent the sort of game company that would care about saving money by knocking down the manual but it is just slightly worrying how many game manufacturers are doing it. If Skyrim didnt cut their manual down to 2/5 of the size of Oblivion's then I wouldnt be concerned about GTA cutting the manual size down but Bethesda usually put shedloads of info in their manual. Also ive seen loads of manuals worse than SRTT's one, in FIFA 12 it is one page and that is it, Batman AC is only 2 pages, and I think ive got a few games that didnt have a manual atall and they were cellophane wrapped.

Lampka12
  • Lampka12

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:02 AM

what's manual

llpalm08
  • llpalm08

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (Lampka12 @ Monday, Dec 26 2011, 00:02)
what's manual

Its the book that comes with games but in GTA it is usually designed like a city guide book.

JasonBrody
  • JasonBrody

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:07 AM

Don't worry it will have a well deatiled manual with credits.

valensim
  • valensim

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:14 AM

Rock* never disappoints the fans, sou don't worry cool.gif

Lampka12
  • Lampka12

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:19 AM

GTA SA manual was huge as fu*k so why GTA V manual shouldnt be

TreyCrll
  • TreyCrll

Forum Surfer

• Members

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:21 AM

It will say next stop...with a picture of Vice City next to a leaked picture of aan xbox720 lol
Nah, but it'll prolly just be like a passport or brochure like all the others.

llpalm08
  • llpalm08

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:22 AM

QUOTE (Lampka12 @ Monday, Dec 26 2011, 00:19)
GTA SA manual was huge as fu*k so why GTA V manual shouldnt be

Have you not read my post?
San Andreas was released in 2004 not since September 2011. All games ive got since September 2011 have either had super shrunk manuals or tiny pointless ones that have 0% purpose as it only has the warranty details and contact details.

leyja
  • leyja

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:29 AM

they should have one like vice city. just a guide saying that it welcomes you to the city/place and showing tourist attractions and finally a map separate from the manual just like all other gtas user posted image

The_Mario_Man
  • The_Mario_Man

Every 5 Minutes

• Members

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:32 AM

I really like the GTA manuals. They really look more like travel brochures than instructions. Always a good read. I'm sure they'll be up to par with the previous games.

Or it'll be an index card with 'GTA V' written on it in crayon.

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:42 AM

You want a Great manual? Try Metal Gear Solid. Thing was like 100 pages, full colour.

Chaise
  • Chaise

Packers Fan.

• Members

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:46 AM

I think they'll keep the same kind of manual, it's a really cool manual and very helpful.

They might make it a 'virtual manual' this time though like all the other games are starting to do to save money. tounge.gif

mubd
  • mubd

Comfort Wipe Pedaler

• Members

Posted 26 December 2011 - 01:34 AM

They'll always have a manual that's like a brochure for the city/state. I'm not sure how they'll handle the map if it's something like twice the size of San Andreas, though.

SammiiDoogles
  • SammiiDoogles

Where is my mind?

• Members

Posted 26 December 2011 - 01:40 AM

They'll do it how they always do - Rockstar produced games always have nice manuals. They're one of the few developers who still really strive for real quality, so they couldn't give two sh*ts if other companies are cutting manuals.

All the GTA's had nice manuals, RDR had a nice manual, LA Noire had a nice manual I'm willing to bed Max Payne 3 will have a nice one too and GTA V after that.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 December 2011 - 01:51 AM

There will be a manual along with a fold out map like every other GTA. GTA V will sell enough that Rockstar won't be worried about saving money by not having a good manual.and if they do just have a slip of paper with the controls and a website you can bisi to see a virtual manual I will be severly disappointed.

FelipeVinhao
  • FelipeVinhao

Under construction, sorry for the inconvenience

• Members

Posted 26 December 2011 - 02:47 AM

I always enjoyed the tourist guide that comes with every GTA. It shrinked a little, it may be not like 100 pages anymore, but I still show some respect for what they make. That why I still buy the retail version of the series. I don't think they'll shrink it that much.

llpalm08
  • llpalm08

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 December 2011 - 02:58 AM

QUOTE (FelipeVinhao @ Monday, Dec 26 2011, 02:47)
I always enjoyed the tourist guide that comes with every GTA. It shrinked a little, it may be not like 100 pages anymore, but I still show some respect for what they make. That why I still buy the retail version of the series. I don't think they'll shrink it that much.

You do know that all the GTA's had 25 pages in them from III (although i cant rember where ive put LCS & VCS so cant confirm them 2) right up to IV, but EFLC only had 17 but was only an addon disk so didnt need to be 25 pages. Hopefully this is a good sign though that Rockstar will stick with 25 pages as they have done since III and hopefully the 17 pages in EFLC is literally just because it is the DLC on a disk.

FelipeVinhao
  • FelipeVinhao

Under construction, sorry for the inconvenience

• Members

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:03 AM

QUOTE (llpalm08 @ Monday, Dec 26 2011, 00:58)
QUOTE (FelipeVinhao @ Monday, Dec 26 2011, 02:47)

You do know that all the GTA's had 25 pages in them from III (although i cant rember where ive put LCS & VCS so cant confirm them 2) right up to IV, but EFLC only had 17 but was only an addon disk so didnt need to be 25 pages. Hopefully this is a good sign though that Rockstar will stick with 25 pages as they have done since III and hopefully the 17 pages in EFLC is literally just because it is the DLC on a disk.

Yes. I have all (expect the "Stories" as I do/did not have a PS2) and they're part of my gems collection. biggrin.gif

GTA3 and GTAVC even came with an extra booklet only with the texts of the main book translated into Spanish (which actually made no difference for me, as I speak Portuguese tounge.gif ).

Vice Beach
  • Vice Beach

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:51 AM

One of the best parts about getting a new game is playing a couple missions then going in to take a huge crap and read the game manual before going to play more. I can't be the only one!

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:56 AM Edited by finn4life, 26 December 2011 - 03:59 AM.

QUOTE (llpalm08 @ Monday, Dec 26 2011, 11:01)

I agree that Rockstar arent the sort of game company that would care about saving money by knocking down the manual but it is just slightly worrying how many game manufacturers are doing it. If Skyrim didnt cut their manual down to 2/5 of the size of Oblivion's then I wouldnt be concerned about GTA cutting the manual size down but Bethesda usually put shedloads of info in their manual. Also ive seen loads of manuals worse than SRTT's one, in FIFA 12 it is one page and that is it, Batman AC is only 2 pages, and I think ive got a few games that didnt have a manual atall and they were cellophane wrapped.

I love reading the manual on the way back from purchasing a game!!
Especially Grand Theft Auto manuals, it's always funny to read the advertisements in there, and about the cities and what to look out for, i enjoy looking back on my manuals from the good ol' days.

I hope rockstar won't skimp on the manual, but everyone is doing it these days, half assed DLC and no manuals, if we purchase the hard copy, we should get a manual.

szmty
  • szmty

Hi Ho

• Members

Posted 26 December 2011 - 04:14 AM

I always read manuals before playing with any game, and for me,the larger, the better, as they usually contain more useful information on them. My favourite manual is the LCS' one, which is not a tourist guide, but a Liberty Tree newspaper, with "LIBERTY CITY: WORST PLACE IN AMERICA... AGAIN" as its headline. (I'm paraphrasing, I don't have my LCS next to me right now tounge.gif )

leyja
  • leyja

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 December 2011 - 05:05 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Monday, Dec 26 2011, 03:56)
QUOTE (llpalm08 @ Monday, Dec 26 2011, 11:01)

I love reading the manual on the way back from purchasing a game!!
Especially Grand Theft Auto manuals, it's always funny to read the advertisements in there, and about the cities and what to look out for, i enjoy looking back on my manuals from the good ol' days.

I hope rockstar won't skimp on the manual, but everyone is doing it these days, half assed DLC and no manuals, if we purchase the hard copy, we should get a manual.

dude how can you drive and read that at the same time sarcasm.gif

˸
  • ˸

KGB agent

• Members

Posted 26 December 2011 - 05:44 AM

When I bought GTA 4 I was very dissapointed with the manual. Now, GTA SA had an awesome book, which lasted me two nights (yes, I read it before going to bed whila having tea and some biscuits!). But GTA 4 came with a few brochures and a masp, with some just basic information in it. I was a book, like Sa had, full of useless facts and info, but the one you could actually read and see pictures, not skip through.

bluetops
  • bluetops

Chupacabra

• Members

Posted 26 December 2011 - 09:23 AM

I actually don't care for a manual(I lost my GTA IV Manual lol).I don't care how will it look like,or how thick will it be. I just care for the gameplay. What a manual looks doesn't tell what the game will look like(yeah it tells the basic controls,some features.But GTA manuals include controls,some places,"survival kit" some IG advertisements and credits.)

xmagus
  • xmagus

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 December 2011 - 09:40 AM

QUOTE (llpalm08 @ Sunday, Dec 25 2011, 23:42)
From getting a few of the recent released games this christmas I have realised something worrying about GTA V. Hardly any games ive baught since September have had a propper manual and when they do they are seriously shorter than they were in the past and the best example is in The Elder Scrolls. In IV Oblivion there are 51 pages in the manual wheras if you go into V Skyrim's manual there are only 19 pages. Now does this mean that GTA V will have a shrunken version of their eppic manual, and going by Skyrim's steep down GTA V would end up only having 10 pages or possibly go the way of 95% of the other games and go for the pointless manuall that is just warranty details and contact details. I really hope that they dont do this and stick with their normall size manual as that is one of the best things about the GTA experience allong with the map and the eppic gameplay, because GTA has the most unique manual for a game as it feels like its part of the game and not just a way of helping you out in the game.

Also please dont say this is a pointless topic or any other rubbish like that as this is something new to think about for V that isnt a "Leak" or Ned Luke or GTA era toppics or will this be the best gta yet or whatever other boring things come up on this forum at the moment.

I hope it'll be a bit like the MGS4 manual. That one is really long. 58 pages + makes the box heavy.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:35 AM

Rockstar will PACK that sucker with a tour guide, don't you expect less! It's tradition
As far as neat extras, a huge poster, obviously, Got a bandana IIRC from one purchase and another I was given by my sister's husband, he got a non Jewel box version of Vice City with a die-cut sticker, I got to keep that, but when I bought the regular CD ROM case, versus the cardboard one, I didn't get one! Just never know, really.

Go with deluxe packaging!!

SocalZHP
  • SocalZHP

Yeah buddy

• Members

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:56 AM

I hope there will be a "BradyGames Signature Series Guide" like there was for previous GTA's. Yeah it's $19.99 but its almost 300 pages of GTA. It has a description of every mission, hidden package locations, car descriptions, etc...

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:41 PM

I just got Battlefield 3 and all that's on there is a slip of paper with the online pass that says I get the back to Karkand expansion when I enter the online pass and another piece of paper with a gun club thing on it and then there is a piece of paper that says the manual is on the disc. I hope V doesn't follow this model confused.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users