» «
Photo

Is it possible to unite?..

3 replies to this topic
mcsim2401
  • mcsim2401

Hoodlum

• Members

Posted 25 December 2011 - 08:04 PM Edited by mcsim2401, 25 December 2011 - 08:16 PM.

Is it possible to unite basic GTA IV files with EfLC game?

Well, will be game work if add all basic files of GTA IV (EXEs, DLL libraries that missed in EfLC, Audio, Game Data, Scripts etc.) to EfLC? Just I need to know, will be there any game crashes or conflicts (GTA IV patched to 1.0.7.0, EfLC - to 1.1.2.0, ie similar to each other versions). How I'm understood, EfLC.EXE is loading content from TLAD and/or TBOGT and some GTA IV resources (some data and audio), but I think that there not enough resources of GTA IV. I want to add other GTA IV data to EFLC, but afraid that it may cause game conflicts what will make a game crash.
The main reason of this answer to "compress" everything to one game through uniting of GTA IV files with EfLC to 17-19 GB, instead of old 32 GB. It's like a compressed by size Complete Edition.

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 December 2011 - 08:18 PM

It may be possible to "compress" it all to one game if thatīs what you ment but I donīt think that this will get much attraction.

It may be hell of work to do this and it may not been supported at all by the forum cause this sounds much like conversion from one to another game which will conflict with much forum rules.

You wonīt be able to release such mod somewhere, r* will blame you for ripping I bet. It is not the issue that you modify game files but you simply put two separately sold games into one.

mcsim2401
  • mcsim2401

Hoodlum

• Members

Posted 25 December 2011 - 08:26 PM

I'm not going to hack anything, just by principe to copy some main GTA IV files to EfLC directory. Especially when I do it for myself (to put the game on a flash drive).

PacketOverload
  • PacketOverload

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Canada
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 26 December 2011 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (mcsim2401 @ Sunday, Dec 25 2011, 13:26)
I'm not going to hack anything, just by principe to copy some main GTA IV files to EfLC directory. Especially when I do it for myself (to put the game on a flash drive).

I know models go from EFLC to IV mostly with no problems. If you're methodical, you can do just about anything in that respect. I hear someone was able to integrate the skydiving anim into IV. I've seen a "EFLC interiors in IV" modification which ports all EFLC interiors like the dance club in all their glory into IV (without the dancing I think).

I dunno about the other way around though. EFLC to IV content is NOT allowed on these boards, though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users