18 replies to this topic
Buffalo Soldier
  • Buffalo Soldier

The Man Himself.

• Members

Posted 24 December 2011 - 09:21 PM

This wanker.
user posted image

I'm sorry but I need to vent - did anyone else have this problem in VC and VCS?
But particularly in VCS, so many missions revolve around looking after f*cking Lance because the moron keeps going and getting himself into stupid situations.

Like chasing after a group of bikers or gangsters - instead of playing it cool like Vic or Tommy, he has to run right after them and it's left to US to f*cking look after the little pisstaker's health bar - and the worst thing is, when a vehicle goes on fire - he runs TOWARDS it and gets himself blown up, and then the mission is failed and you have to travel all the way back to his stupid apartment to start it again.

Honestly, I use to dig this character back in the day I thought the whole 'Lance Vance Dance!' thing was hilarious - but now he's just an unfunny c*nt and he's probably the worst character Rockstar have created - or atleast one of them.

Rant over.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 24 December 2011 - 10:01 PM

Cool story bro.

You can rant how much you want, but that was Rockstar's idea and they made him like they wanted. If you don't like these games play other ones.

Lance was supposed to be a hot headed egocentric moron thinking only about money and that idea was made perfectly.

Buffalo Soldier
  • Buffalo Soldier

The Man Himself.

• Members

Posted 24 December 2011 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Saturday, Dec 24 2011, 22:01)
Cool story bro.

You can rant how much you want, but that was Rockstar's idea and they made him like they wanted. If you don't like these games play other ones.

Lance was supposed to be a hot headed egocentric moron thinking only about money and that idea was made perfectly.

I love these games, more than any other game out there.
I'm just saying the way some characters [especially Lance] ran straight into danger e.g exploding cars, and it was left to us to constantly defend the same people from the same sh*t, got boring after a while.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 24 December 2011 - 10:49 PM

I have to agree with you here, but it wasn't problem for me. Only mission I had to repeat because of this was Light My Pyre, but that chase was intended to be like that.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 25 December 2011 - 03:40 AM

To be honest, I like his character. Always having fun and the "lighter" contrast towards Vic's serious attitude in VCS. He is an idiot, though. And a sellout above all.

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 25 December 2011 - 04:44 AM

Yeah, I like Lance. In Vice City he's the "cool" but untrustworthy character, in Vice City Stories he's funny but moronic. I think all of his dumb decisions (which set up the missions where Vic has to save him somehow) reflect how his character seemed to become "corrupted", which maybe led to his betrayal in Vice City?... I don't know, that's just what I'm guessing.

MarshDanni
  • MarshDanni

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:53 PM

he reminds me of Roman

I wonder why....

ToniForelli
  • ToniForelli

Tap Tap Tap! *Troll food*. Umad?

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:26 PM

Everytime i wanted to kill him in VCS. Luckily i killed him in VC, but kept killing him in VCS

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:06 AM

Lance annoyed the sh*t out of me in VCS and because of this it made me appreciate his character much more in VC even though he was still a back stabbing c*nt.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Simply divine!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:49 PM

He's the biggest idiot in whole GTA III era.
But at least he's funny.

MrDanceWithLance
  • MrDanceWithLance

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:22 AM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Sunday, Dec 25 2011, 03:40)
To be honest, I like his character. Always having fun and the "lighter" contrast towards Vic's serious attitude in VCS. He is an idiot, though. And a sellout above all.

I agree with you. Also, in almost every single mission involving Lance (Grand Theft Auto: Vice City), he backs you up with a weapon. However, he can be a moron and get himself killed, which will cause the mission to fail, and for you to try it again. Also, he seems to always love running towards burning vehicles, and he runs too slowly whenever you want or need him to run.

markusizr
  • markusizr

:D

• Members

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:36 AM

QUOTE (MrMateczko @ Tuesday, Jan 10 2012, 17:49)
He's the biggest idiot in whole GTA III era.
But at least he's funny.

are you sure in gta 3 lance do you know lance dead in vc

MrDanceWithLance
  • MrDanceWithLance

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:37 AM

Lance doesn't appear in GTA III. He only appears in GTA Vice City and GTA Vice City Stories. He is killed in the former, which is set in 1986.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

Even though I don't particularly hate him, I have to agree with you on the fact that he's constantly getting himself into trouble. Your rant is pretty amusing, I'll give you that.

BlackCorsair
  • BlackCorsair

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

He was what he was suppose to be, nothing else.

But yeah, backstabbing prick got what he deserved in the hands of Tommy.

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:48 AM

It does seem like so many missions in VCS start with Lance getting into some sort of trouble. Kind of a lame excuse, but hey, it works. It just shows us how pathetic (or just bad) his character is.

thecommander
  • thecommander

You can forget about the miscarrige or keep drinking.

• Members

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:17 AM

Vic and Lance had an interesting relationship in VCS. To me Vic did, not seem to trust Lance or respect his opinion, he was kinda stuck with him. Vic was Lance's guardian angel (reference intended). In the beginning of VC, LAnce and Tommy were friends and they trusted each other. But Lance went back to his old ways, slacking and making mistakes. Lance was always treated like a child by those he did business with.

gta player13
  • gta player13

BOOM! headshot.

• Members

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:28 PM

this should be in spoilers Toniforelli.
Everytime i wanted to kill him in VCS. Luckily i killed him in VC, but kept killing him in VCS

A2 MFK
  • A2 MFK

All you had to do was follow the DAMN train CJ!

• Members

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:58 AM

You do have a good point but I personally didn't think he was that bad, the mission "Light my pyre" was annoying but that was a programming error I mean, would you deliberatly get yourself repeatedly killed by your brothers drive by fire on a motorbike?

I know he turned out to be an antagonist in VC but over all he was a bit like Vinchenso from LCS or Ryder from SA they're annoying characters that make life difficult for the protagonist but they bring a bit of comic relife to the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users