James Parker and His Crew

98 replies to this topic
abishai.kochara
  • abishai.kochara

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:24 PM

man those missions are cool!
They're real complex missions with all the realty and all.
I'm on the review right now!
The missions are shorter than expected but quality > quantity

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:25 PM

Haha, thanks for the feedback anyway biggrin.gif

Alan Eastwood
  • Alan Eastwood

Never let your guard down

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:28 PM

Good mission-pack, i love it keep up biggrin.gif

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:44 PM

Played chapter 2. Nice, man. I wasn't wrong when I said what I said in the designer's lounge wink.gif

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:48 PM

Thanks guys. And Jimmy, about what you said in the lounge, thanks man, I really appreciate it.

abishai.kochara
  • abishai.kochara

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:01 PM

i reviewed two of your missions bro!

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:34 PM

Oh, that's great. Where they are? In the reviews?

MadMarshMallow
  • MadMarshMallow

MMM

• Members
  • None
  • Best DYOM Mission 2013 "Max Parker"

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:52 PM

I will play chapter 2 and give feedback tomorrow biggrin.gif

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:53 PM

Great, waiting for that then biggrin.gif

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:30 AM

Played Chapter 1. Really, it was awesome. I feel proud that I've advertised this mission.

abishai.kochara
  • abishai.kochara

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:38 AM

I guess I'll play chapter 1 I expected long missions with stealth, heavy planning but I guess the mission-pack's different
Good job though, the missions are fun are to play and I suggest you increase the humour in it

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:34 AM

It will be that too. I am going to have much types of missions in this mission pack. Thanks anyways.

abishai.kochara
  • abishai.kochara

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:19 AM

haha... I know you will but remember, its your mission pack not mine!
good luck with the next, waiting for them.

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:24 PM

Haha, thanks. I'll start working on Chapter 3 soon.

MadMarshMallow
  • MadMarshMallow

MMM

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:04 AM

Nice missions, Notna. I loved the part when James and Griffin is looking each other without talking. It's funny lol.gif
Good plan of escape, and there's a part that scared me a bit; at the abandoned airport when the battalion of enemies is coming to us. colgate.gif Cool, keep it up the good work. biggrin.gif

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:38 AM

Thanks, man. Yeah, I liked making that part of the mission. I've tried to add more humour in the series. Glad you enjoyed them. biggrin.gif

Shahonix
  • Shahonix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:43 PM

Played the Chapter 2 missions! Great job Notna. icon14.gif

I love it when James need to get out of prison.
And the last mission was hard. I need to use car to win it. Is the car bullet proof?

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:46 PM

Thanks. Yes, the car is bullet proof. biggrin.gif

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:52 AM Edited by Doublepulse, 14 January 2012 - 04:00 AM.

Alright it is time to give feedback on the series.

Green are things that I liked.

Red are things that can improve.

First off, I thought the designs on the missions were good, but not perfect. I really liked some of the variety in the missions on the first chapter. There was a good amount of shooting and driving. I also see that some of the missions you made were inspired by Jimmy's The Runaway.

There were missions that I thought were good and others that could of had little more work added to them.

Some of the good missions were the shooting missions and chasing the targets, especially the last few missions on Chapter 2. I like when the enemies are surrounding the player. However one of the odd things was that in a few cutscenes, James is shown with a gun point at Alejandro, but he was not spawned with the gun. Kind of defeats realism, I assume the purpose was to run him off the road. ( I just car jacked him and stomped on him tounge.gif )

As for the moments when you hear the background music in the cutscenes from not teleporting the player out of the car. Some might find it little weird after the cutscene, it goes back to the car, but I personally do not care. I like the music in cutscenes, it gives something to listen to while you read. It is only strange because there is no 3 seconds of black from the teleport.

I was a little disappointed at the prison missions a bit. I think the stealth could of been little better with some patrol guards and there was a little more to do. I know you cannot do much in prison, but think about different things. I thought the fight in the prison was fun, but the object placement and the random teleporting was little lazy. You could of created couple cutscenes of the prisoners talking, create couple check points, instead of using garage doors, adding cages like a fight arena could work too smile.gif . The prison part was probably where I saw less work, but I wont fully blame you because making missions in the same location gets boring pretty quick. I did expect longer missions though

I thought the story was simple but pretty decent. The dialogue in the cutscenes was not bad either, there could be little more personality added to the characters , but it was passable. Adding personality would simply mean add some extra casual conversation to the characters. but there was some. Some of the dialogue got a bit better at the end of chapter 1, and a lot of the funny and silly things that go on during the 2 chapters made me laugh a bit. The bit where James is threatening Brian was pretty funny, also how one of the agents calls James an Idiot for not seeing him. I really do not know why it was funny, but it was biggrin.gif

It is not a bad thing, but I noticed a lot of similarities with The Runaway (the agents after James and Larry; even the dialogue about the snitch was very familiar) It is not a bad thing, just ironic knowing I just finished Runaway.

Overall, it is a great start, do not know how many chapters you plan, but I bet they will get better, so keep up the good work tounge.gif . Some things were a little predictable and you did not really give some characters a chance..l like Brian, he sure turned on James pretty quick. It would be cool to see him return for the 3rd chapter or something.

Anyway here is my score

7.7/10

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:15 AM

Wow. That is a long post.

And firstly, you got me biggrin.gif Jimmy is my idol in DYOM, and you can clearly see some elements in my missions, what you already have seen in his.
In the part where James had Alejandro in gun point, I don't know what happened. When I tested the mission, first Alejandro disappeared and then James' gun.
Yup. I've got much of critism about the background music. And yeah, the prison missions were a bit hard to make. They might be a bit rushed, because I just wanted to get out of the prison, like the characters biggrin.gif And yes, I am a humour man. I wanted to add a bit of humour in the series. And about Brian... Nah, nothing yet.

7.7? Wow, thanks. Doesn't sound like a big score, but for me it's great. Almost 8! And trust me, it will get better wink.gif

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:02 PM

UPDATE: Main post updated with some information about factions and now, there is a theme tune for the mission series. I've now done the half of Chapter 3. It will be released soon.

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:57 PM

UPDATE: Topic updated with the new logo and headers made by Narcis_speed6. Thanks man. Chapter 3 is going to be released really soon, possibly tomorrow.

abishai.kochara
  • abishai.kochara

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:38 PM

Do you realize you could get into trouble by posting that? ^

MadMarshMallow
  • MadMarshMallow

MMM

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE (abishai.kochara @ Saturday, Jan 21 2012, 22:38)
Do you realize you could get into trouble by posting that? ^

It's important update, maybe. colgate.gif

Alif Akbar
  • Alif Akbar

Act Naturally

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:36 PM Edited by alifjenius, 21 January 2012 - 11:56 PM.

Okay time for feedback

Well, the missions are too short to be played. It spend like 15-20 minutes to beat all the 8 missions (my PC suddenly crashed as soon as I started the 8th mission). I hope you'll make the missions longer in Chapter 3

The story ? Well, not bad at all. I like the number of the twist. Finally, we see Irish gang in a mission series. And one thing that make me confused
How the hell a head of a gang could be the prison's head ?

Gameplay ? Well, it's not like what I expected. I think the stealth mission will be longer and will be more challenging (for "breaking out from the jail" part, "breaking out Edwin" part, and "escaping from Griffin" part). I thought we have to pass the guards and finally break free. And ? We only have to pass the sewer (breaking out the jail part) (maybe it's because Edgar called off the guards, so there aren't any guards at that time)

But, I like the "beat up some Irishmen" things. It's the most challenging mission. And I thought it will be a hunter that will attack us in "War at the Hideout". It turned out that it's only Maverick. And how lucky was James to find an Uzi in the shack (and how the hell is that possible ?) And the last mission was very hard, with a heap of guards attacking us and the only ally we have is a guy with a pistol

Hoping something better from you wink.gif

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:21 AM Edited by shiva s, 22 January 2012 - 02:24 AM.

For few things, I'll agree with you, Alifjenius. But, though the missions were short they were good and nice.
Well, if you go to a prison and gain the respect of the other prisoners and become a tough guy and a lot of prisoners follows you, you'll become the head of the prsion. Why don't you take that in this way?

Alif Akbar
  • Alif Akbar

Act Naturally

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE (shiva s @ Sunday, Jan 22 2012, 09:21)
Well, if you go to a prison and gain the respect of the other prisoners and become a tough guy and a lot of prisoners follows you, you'll become the head of the prsion. Why don't you take that in this way?

lol.gif

shiva, I think Edgar isn't an inmate. He's the head of the prison. Which mean, he is the one who has to responsible for anything happened in the jail. Not the one who lead the whole inmates in the prison

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:24 AM

I can tell you, that the missions of Chapter 3, are at least two times longer and better than the missions of Chapter 3. It was hard to make missions in the prison.

In the beginning of Chapter 3, the whole story will change. It will not be just about James' vengeance, but something much bigger.
Then, about Edgar and Edwin. Well, I actually were not planning to make them Irish, but due to my Irish relatives who proposed about it, I added them in the series. They are not going to be in Chapter 3, but they will make a comeback in Chapter 4. The last name of them, 'Cross', and the nickname of Edwin, 'The Celtic Cross', came from one of my favourite pro wrestlers, Sheamus, who uses 'The Celtic Cross' as his finishers. And about Edgar being the head of the prison. Well, let me explain. Edwin were judged to the death penalty in the prison. Edgar of course wanted to save his brother, and get to work in the prison. Using his manipulating powers(er, pointing a gun on the previous head of the prison) and got the job as the head of the prison. And I made it a bit unclear, but James found the Uzi from the shack, cause he were there before. I mean, that is why he left there.

Anyway, thanks, and be ready for Chapter 3.

RamiV2
  • RamiV2

Muscle Car Lover

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:29 AM

I'm still asking myself, why have I not seen this before? I'll try it out & post feedback wink.gif

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:35 AM

I'm waiting for chapter 3, Notna.
OFFTOPIC: celtic cross is the best finisher in Wwe and I like Sheamus.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users