Photo

GTA 5 Fitness

23 replies to this topic
sdsrambo
  • sdsrambo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:02 PM

Do you think you will be able to workout in gta 5? if so do you think they will include different excercises that work different muscles and maybe protein creatine or even steroids? give me your opinions. its my first post so if i did anything wrong sorry ill try and correct it.

Vegetarian Piranha
  • Vegetarian Piranha

Make my day Jew!

• Members

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:10 PM

i just want to do yoga. wink.gif

Drake1212
  • Drake1212

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:11 PM

That would be totally useless, i want to rob cars, shoot people and blow stuff up, not play a game where i have to worry about how fit my butt look.

sdsrambo
  • sdsrambo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE (Drake1212 @ Friday, Dec 23 2011, 23:11)
That would be totally useless, i want to rob cars, shoot people and blow stuff up, not play a game where i have to worry about how fit my butt look.

yeah but it will have benefits like better in fights faster stronger.

dderrrp
  • dderrrp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE (sdsrambo @ Friday, Dec 23 2011, 23:02)
Do you think you will be able to workout in gta 5? if so do you think they will include different excercises that work different muscles and maybe protein creatine or even steroids? give me your opinions. its my first post so if i did anything wrong sorry ill try and correct it.

The ONLY thing I want to do in GTA V is work out. Can't wait blush.gif

hambones
  • hambones

Every Inch A King

• Members

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:24 PM

Muscle beach was in the trailer, and there was a black guy in the beginning that had a gym shirt on. it might be back but i won't be disappointed if it isn't.

ZaineRichards
  • ZaineRichards

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 December 2011 - 12:52 AM

I don't really care for working out and eating and all that.. I just want to play. I wanna have fun, not sit there for hours toggling my thumbstick or repeatedly tapping A to lift weights.

Scooby803
  • Scooby803

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 December 2011 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE (Drake1212 @ Friday, Dec 23 2011, 18:11)

then you must want a boring game

dirtycopVCPD
  • dirtycopVCPD

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 December 2011 - 01:41 AM

QUOTE (ZaineRichards @ Saturday, Dec 24 2011, 00:52)
I don't really care for working out and eating and all that.. I just want to play. I wanna have fun, not sit there for hours toggling my thumbstick or repeatedly tapping A to lift weights.

You know how people complained about the friendship/dating aspect of IV? Well that's how I felt about exercising in SA. It was a boring, monotonous chore that got in the way of exploring and having fun.

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members

Posted 24 December 2011 - 01:52 AM

It'd be fine as an optional thing, and the more customization the better (short of creating the protagonist from scratch, of course). As long as it's not even a partially mandatory thing. I remember SA sort of required you to maintain your body throughout the game which was a bit annoying. But I like having the option to change certain physical attributes should I want to.

thatguy23
  • thatguy23

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 24 December 2011 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE (Drake1212 @ Friday, Dec 23 2011, 23:11)
I want to play a game where i have to worry about how fit my butt look.

fixed . biggrin.gif

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:08 AM

QUOTE (Mr. Darko @ Saturday, Dec 24 2011, 01:52)
It'd be fine as an optional thing, and the more customization the better (short of creating the protagonist from scratch, of course). As long as it's not even a partially mandatory thing. I remember SA sort of required you to maintain your body throughout the game which was a bit annoying. But I like having the option to change certain physical attributes should I want to.

Yeah, I have to agree with this guy. I really hate how the muscle meter would go down EVEN WHEN I WAS SWIMMING WHICH IS A PHYSICAL ACTVITY! Ahem.. Anyways, I wouldn't mind working out if the muscle rating also never went down. Maybe if there was an optional dialogue thing to make it go down, but no required working out for the love of god, because even having to use the muscle cheat every 5 minutes was really annoying.

Civkiller
  • Civkiller

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:11 AM

QUOTE (sdsrambo @ Friday, Dec 23 2011, 18:02)

They did in San Andreas, had Treadmill, bench press, dumb bells, a boxing ring... I don't see why not really..

CapitolLimited
  • CapitolLimited

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 December 2011 - 05:10 AM

Working out is and was completely optional in SA. If you wanted to be some fat lazy fker, then by all means, don't hit the gym. Completely optional choices, so might as well.

j.hunt
  • j.hunt

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 24 December 2011 - 05:11 AM

that would be pretty lame actually

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

• Members

Posted 24 December 2011 - 05:15 AM

QUOTE (CapitolLimited @ Saturday, Dec 24 2011, 05:10)
Working out is and was completely optional in SA. If you wanted to be some fat lazy fker, then by all means, don't hit the gym. Completely optional choices, so might as well.

But I want my guy to stay a bruiser without having to use the muscle code constantly. It's f*cking annoying. And nobody likes button mashing. Fine, I get it. I'm going to have to get a job in the real world, I'm going to have to pay bills, do taxes, and stay fit in the real world. But this is a f*cking video game, the kind of thing I play to get away from all of those responsibilities. I mean, come on!

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2011 - 05:20 AM

QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Saturday, Dec 24 2011, 15:08)

Yeah, I have to agree with this guy. I really hate how the muscle meter would go down EVEN WHEN I WAS SWIMMING WHICH IS A PHYSICAL ACTVITY! Ahem.. Anyways, I wouldn't mind working out if the muscle rating also never went down. Maybe if there was an optional dialogue thing to make it go down, but no required working out for the love of god, because even having to use the muscle cheat every 5 minutes was really annoying.

If you can set your stats anywhere, whats the point?
I agree it was annoying that with SA your muscle would decrease if you had no fat, but it wasn't really that extreme, just go eat a few meals every few days worth of play.

I want many RPG elements back in the game, including going to the gym to work out.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

• Members

Posted 24 December 2011 - 05:32 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Saturday, Dec 24 2011, 05:20)
QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Saturday, Dec 24 2011, 15:08)

If you can set your stats anywhere, whats the point?
I agree it was annoying that with SA your muscle would decrease if you had no fat, but it wasn't really that extreme, just go eat a few meals every few days worth of play.

I want many RPG elements back in the game, including going to the gym to work out.

I just don't want the annoying responsibilities of real life to intrude on my game life. I play games to get away from real life responsibilities so I can blow stuff up and kill people (GTA), fly spaceships (Privateer and orbiter), or drive a ferrari on a crazy cross country race where people have set up checkpoints and finish lines around the world for some reason (OutRun). I don't play games to go to the bathroom, eat, workout a virtual character, pay taxes, or go to a 9 to 5 job to slave away at accountancy. Those are real world annoyances, and if I wanted an accountancy job, i'd get an accountancy job. The rest are things I have to deal with, and therefore don't want to have to deal with in virtual life as well as real life. That's why I don't play the sims, I play GTA.

Dingleman
  • Dingleman

SA:LC Mod Leader

• Members

Posted 24 December 2011 - 06:02 AM

Funny how some people immediately dismiss every idea that they see as unuseful or not neccesary to be able to actually easily function or even finish the game. I mean, I thought GTAIII defined sandbox games in the sense that it gave the player a choice in how they want to play the game, and not being forced to comply to any path in particular.

Maybe Rockstar should just start taking out all the parts of the map that aren't required to complete the storyline. monocle.gif

Noriega1976
  • Noriega1976

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 December 2011 - 12:41 PM Edited by Noriega1976, 24 December 2011 - 01:06 PM.

I liked very much this fitness ,maybe cause i am a Personal Trainer .
I think its important due character development aspects and stuff
Dont forget the free weights and aerobic training for my crew smile.gif
rsistic
Also would be cool that the more better lookin muscular etc u get the more Ladies you can date like pickin em up from the dtreet option would be cool . Sorry i am just die hard Narcistic airhead

xzxxsicko
  • xzxxsicko

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 December 2011 - 01:20 PM

ther is no muscle on ned luke , thers only 40 year old man's fat , thats all - all that gym stuff in the trailer is just for looks .

Hydro_PlayboyX
  • Hydro_PlayboyX

#TeamFranklin

• Members

Posted 24 December 2011 - 01:50 PM

dips, pullups, bench press, squats, curls, military press, protein, creatine, glutamine, BCAA's and all type of sh*t............too much for GTA, even though i would like that but i think there wont be supplements just some excersises

DS 17
  • DS 17

om nom nom

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 December 2011 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE (dirtycopVCPD @ Saturday, Dec 24 2011, 02:41)
QUOTE (ZaineRichards @ Saturday, Dec 24 2011, 00:52)
I don't really care for working out and eating and all that.. I just want to play.  I wanna have fun, not sit there for hours toggling my thumbstick or repeatedly tapping A to lift weights.

You know how people complained about the friendship/dating aspect of IV? Well that's how I felt about exercising in SA. It was a boring, monotonous chore that got in the way of exploring and having fun.

You changed the look of your character with this feature in SA. And even if you didn't want to waste your time for it you could have used the cheat for max / min muscles. The dating feature didn't change anything in the game or didn't change anything that stays for a longer time. I wouldn't compare these two things together.

Cazzer14
  • Cazzer14

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:13 PM

To be honest, I wouldn't really mind either way. If there's a fitness feature in GTA V, then great,. If not, fine. The only thing is that if the feature DOES make a comeback, then that probably means the hunger one does aswell, which can be annoying if you're in a shootout and you're starving to death whist being shot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users