» «
Photo

GTA Soundtrack Secrecy

2 replies to this topic
Borniakius
  • Borniakius

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:09 PM Edited by Borniakius, 21 December 2011 - 03:08 AM.

This has been bugging me for a long time now.

I love the music from GTA 1, especially the N-CT FM station. Joyride, This Life, and Blow Your Console are all awesome songs that leave me wanting MORE

I wanted to know who the vocalist was so I could look them up to find out if they have any of their own albums that I can listen to.

After hours of internet research, all I can find out is that the songs are composed and recorded by Craig Conner. Seeing a picture of him online doesn't exactly make me think he's the rapper in those songs. I'm guessing he's the composer/writer.

Apparently the rapper's name is Robert De Negro, which is obviously ficticious. As is the group Da Shootaz who score the credit for that song.

I emailed Rockstar North to help me out with this, and even THEY don't have this information!

I thought my question was fairly simple, but it appears I've stumbled upon one of mankind's greatest riddles: The De Negro Code...honestly, man.

So if anyone can help me uncover the truth about who does the vocals on those songs, I'd love to hear from you. Even moreso, I'd love to her more of him...on my mp3 player.

Somebody out there has to know something!

-Borniakius

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:16 PM

All that kind of stuff is usually in the manual that comes with the game, have you tried that?

But, for some of the tracks that were repeated in III, you can now get off of I-Tunes, since Rockstar recently added those tracks to I-Tunes...

Niall
  • Niall

Mad Monkey

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:43 AM Edited by Niall, 09 January 2012 - 04:34 AM.

The manual says
Da Shootas Grand Theft Auto (C Conner): Robert De Negro - Vocals; Craig Conner - All Instruments.

Craig Conner:
user posted image
Craig Conner IMDB
Craig Conner MG

Craig Conner does music under the surname Conor and Jay, (ConorandJay.com) good stuff too. They have tracks on GTA II, III, and LCS.

Robert De Negro
user posted image

Robert De Negro IMDB
Da Shootaz (Myspace)

But the manual also says:
Title Track: SLUMPUSSY Gangster Friday (C Conner): Craig Conner - All Instruments.

I don't recall a "Title Track".
EDIT: Oh it's the menu music.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users