[WIP/IV] Episodes From The West

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,745 replies to this topic
Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:25 PM Edited by Frank.s, 22 December 2011 - 06:30 PM.

New page new picture.

user posted image

QUOTE (ShakingASS)
RDR's diffuse + normal map textures doesn't look great
Bear in mind that its resized down from 512
QUOTE (...)
i will rework all bump and spec mappings the green effect for consoles.
Oh ok good.
QUOTE (...)
And that's a bump not a spec map.
I know. I didn't have the spec to hand when i made the compilation pic. wink.gif
QUOTE (Random)
Either way, you should pronounce it as a normal map , not bump... but let's not argue about it
Thanks for the tip. icon14.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:30 PM

Wow, this map I can aready tell has so much potental. I can't wait to see what it looks like further along. One thing. Perhaps there may be a way to get the graphics updates that are in RDR to GTA IV. I think that it would look much better.

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Thursday, Dec 22 2011, 18:30)
Wow, this map I can aready tell has so much potental. I can't wait to see what it looks like further along. One thing. Perhaps there may be a way to get the graphics updates that are in RDR to GTA IV. I think that it would look much better.

There is with timecyc and tweaking we will make the mod look great.I hope we make IV look better with RDR with improvements.
But time will tell in the future.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Thursday, Dec 22 2011, 18:33)

There is with timecyc and tweaking we will make the mod look great.I hope we make IV look better with RDR with improvements.

Who knows. This mod could move on to GTA V in the future, and we can aready tell that GTA V will have more space to work with than IV. Rockstar apparently increased the amount of avalable editable space in RDR.

Anyways Id like to have some tools so I can look at the RDR files. I may be able to find something that IV can load, however we may need to do some hacking. Who ever can get into the RDR files, can you send me the following files, or their equivlent. Shader files, Visual settings.dat, effects files, timecyc.dat, and the xtd files for things like clouds and textures for graphical effects. I have some tools that can open up XTD files. I may be able to get some stuff on GTA IV working. One thing Id really like to try is to try and port horses with their animations. Someone should try to get John Marston on GTA IV.

But one thing I would really like to test is to see if RDR models for Xbox 360 will work on the Xbox 360 version of GTA IV. I'm really intrested as to whats in the RDR files, and I want too see what can be ported to GTA IV.

Tomix23
  • Tomix23

Yomo

• Members

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Thursday, Dec 22 2011, 18:42)

Who knows. This mod could move on to GTA V in the future, and we can aready tell that GTA V will have more space to work with than IV. Rockstar apparently increased the amount of avalable editable space in RDR.

Anyways Id like to have some tools so I can look at the RDR files. I may be able to find something that IV can load, however we may need to do some hacking. Who ever can get into the RDR files, can you send me the following files, or their equivlent. Shader files, Visual settings.dat, effects files, timecyc.dat, and the xtd files for things like clouds and textures for graphical effects. I have some tools that can open up XTD files. I may be able to get some stuff on GTA IV working. One thing Id really like to try is to try and port horses with their animations. Someone should try to get John Marston on GTA IV.

But one thing I would really like to test is to see if RDR models for Xbox 360 will work on the Xbox 360 version of GTA IV. I'm really intrested as to whats in the RDR files, and I want too see what can be ported to GTA IV.

I'll be converting John Marston smile.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:48 PM Edited by nkjellman, 22 December 2011 - 06:51 PM.

QUOTE (Tomix23 @ Thursday, Dec 22 2011, 18:46)

Awsome. I hope you can play as him as an easter egg. It would be kinda weird to have him as the main character for the wholl mod being that its set in 2011/2012 around GTA V times. That is unless Rockstar makes the IV erra LV. But anyways John Marston is in 1911. So I hope its an easter egg.

Does RDR use xtd's, xft's, ect? I wonder if the RDR files can be used on the console version. What I mean is an easy drag and drop, no converting.

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Thursday, Dec 22 2011, 18:48)

Awsome. I hope you can play as him as an easter egg. It would be kinda weird to have him as the main character for the wholl mod being that its set in 2011/2012 around GTA V times. That is unless Rockstar makes the IV erra LV. But anyways John Marston is in 1911. So I hope its an easter egg.

Does RDR use xtd's, xft's, ect? I wonder if the RDR files can be used on the console version. What I mean is an easy drag and drop, no converting.

Tools are private for team but no they use different type.

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:56 PM Edited by stilldre, 22 December 2011 - 07:01 PM.

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Thursday, Dec 22 2011, 19:42)
One thing Id really like to try is to try and port horses with their animations.

This is what the tool can but not much with it..
RAGE Animation Format - .rsc06
RAGE Data Format - .rsc01
RAGE Engine RPF6 Archieve - .rpf
RAGE Fragtype - .rsc8A
RAGE Terrain Tile - .rsc85
RAGE Texture Resource/Dictionary - .rsc0A

I have allready seen a dog and chicken, bear, donkey as models biggrin.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:56 PM Edited by nkjellman, 22 December 2011 - 06:59 PM.

QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Thursday, Dec 22 2011, 18:52)

Ok thats what I figured. There probaly isnt much that can be ported from RDR.

However, I could help out and try to see if I can get the timecyc.dat to work, or any other features from RDR.

Edit: If you can port the horse models and maybe we can get the animation to work on IV, so we can have horses. Perhaps we can get animals in the game like RDR or like GTA V.

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Thursday, Dec 22 2011, 18:56)

However, I could help out and try to see if I can get the timecyc.dat to work, or any other features from RDR.

Edit: If you can port the horse models and maybe we can get the animation to work on IV, so we can have horses. Perhaps we can get animals in the game like RDR or like GTA V.

Well if you can stilldre can add you if get that timecyc to work and effects it be awesome.

Also good idea on horses.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:01 PM Edited by nkjellman, 22 December 2011 - 07:10 PM.

QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Thursday, Dec 22 2011, 18:58)

Edit: If you can port the horse models and maybe we can get the animation to work on IV, so we can have horses.

Well if you can stilldre can add you if get that timecyc to work and effects it be awesome.

Ill try and see what I can do. I bet there are some things that can be moved over onto GTA IV. I may try to get the better looking clouds to work but I don't think that will work, because RDR clouds are 3d I think. Ive done the walking on air glitch and I rode my horse around the map to the highest point to change altitude. I was up pritty high. About as high as the height limit in GTA IV. When it got cloudy I was running through the clouds. My freind on the ground said it wasnt cloudy down there, so this leads me to think that RDR clouds are 3d.

However if I can't get everything to work, it may be a possability to use ENB series to make it look like RDR, or close.

Edit: With the new timecyc.dat I'm working on for Next Generation Graphics, this map may look good. I don't think it looks good with the GTA IV timecyc.dat so new graphics will change it and make it look better.

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Thursday, Dec 22 2011, 19:01)
QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Thursday, Dec 22 2011, 18:58)

Edit: If you can port the horse models and maybe we can get the animation to work on IV, so we can have horses.

Ill try and see what I can do. I bet there are some things that can be moved over onto GTA IV.

However if I can't get everything to work, it may be a possability to use ENB series to make it look like RDR, or close.

I might do a enb but after some textures i doing to early for enb now.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:12 PM

Well when I get invited Ill look through the RDR files.

Are the files on the dropbox? I don't want to steal a ISO off the internet, and to get an ISO off my disc, I would have to take apart my disc drive.

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Thursday, Dec 22 2011, 19:12)

Are the files on the dropbox? I don't want to steal a ISO off the internet, and to get an ISO off my disc, I would have to take apart my disc drive.

Wouldn't hurt tho i have my copy of 360 game.

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Thursday, Dec 22 2011, 20:12)

You'll need to send me your email than tounge.gif but i have allready placed texture/building/peds/veg archive to dropbox.. If it's done i can upload the rest biggrin.gif
Else you need to find ur self a copy of x360 RDR, the tools with plugins are also on dropbox..

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Annoying Forum Member

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:20 PM

I have RDR for PS3, does that help? that normally has most files rather than Xbox (which is normally coded for protection)

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE (ManDog @ Thursday, Dec 22 2011, 20:20)
I have RDR for PS3, does that help? that normally has most files rather than Xbox (which is normally coded for protection)

It's also possible with that tool, but PS3 models are a bit different from x360 and i've readed somewhere that PS3 models can be bugged..
Not like x360 don't have any problems, only that models aren't painted at all.

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:26 PM

PS3 are lower poly because of hardware the 360 has better polys and quality.PS3 has different structure.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:20 PM

Do I need to state the obvious.

Xbox is way more closer to a PC then a PS3.

Therefor the files from a 360 game are a lot like the pc version.

ShakingASS, I don't believe 360 has more polys.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Thursday, Dec 22 2011, 22:20)

The xbox may have better graphics, but I don't think it has more polys. However the auto generated grass may be a higher density on the xbox. I dont have RDR on the PS3, I only have it on Xbox so I'm not 100% on that.

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:36 PM

To me 360 version look nicer than PS3.So has to be.

Edit:Well i dunno but does offer more graphics so may or may not have more polys.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci
  • Croatia

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:41 PM

Blu-Ray, rendering quality. This has nothing to do with poly count afaik, well not neccessarily but in most cases it's how the system renders the environment

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:15 PM Edited by Ash_735, 22 December 2011 - 11:17 PM.

QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Thursday, Dec 22 2011, 19:26)
PS3 are lower poly because of hardware the 360 has better polys and quality.PS3 has different structure.

The models arn't different Ass, and neither are the textures, the only thing different is that the PS3 renders lower with QxAA whilst Xbox 360 renders full 720p with 2xAA.

What you just said, would be like saying GTA IV has different models when you run the game at a lower resolution.

edit: And what's causing the most difference will actually be the QxAA, because that adds a faint blur to textures to ease them better, which overall affects the image quality when every texture on screen is slughtly blurred, combine that with the upscaling and that gives you the muddier duller look that the PS3 version has compared to the Xbox 360.

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Thursday, Dec 22 2011, 22:36)

Edit:Well i dunno but does offer more graphics so may or may not have more polys.

Again with this non sense.

PS3 is and Xbox have the same texture quality.

Just check Charming Charlie's post about it (google it).

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE (quechus13 @ Thursday, Dec 22 2011, 23:19)
QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Thursday, Dec 22 2011, 22:36)

Again with this non sense.

PS3 is and Xbox have the same texture quality.

Just check Charming Charlie's post about it (google it).

I can see.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:33 PM

Too bad we can't bring any RDR graphical improvements to IV sinse it's all hardcoded. also the timecys looks for more sophisticated then the IV once.

We need to research those timecyc modifiers, we can't have a pink sky a la Las Venturasin the RDR scenery.

Performer
  • Performer

I'M RICH, BIATCH!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:54 PM

Yeah yeah yeah yeah... XBox is better as PS3. Give it a break.

What is way more important: When do we get any screens, results?

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:05 AM Edited by nkjellman, 23 December 2011 - 12:13 AM.

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Thursday, Dec 22 2011, 23:33)
Too bad we can't bring any RDR graphical improvements to IV sinse it's all hardcoded. also the timecys looks for more sophisticated then the IV once.

We need to research those timecyc modifiers, we can't have a pink sky a la Las Venturasin the RDR scenery.

We could try some hacks to get the game to load the RDR graphical files. The shader system in EFLC and GTA IV patch 6 and 7 is the shader system used in RDR. In RDR the shaders are on very high. There could be a possability that this mod will only run on patches 6 and 7, and EFLC if we try to get the RDR graphics to work on IV. But invite me onto the dropbox so I can have a look at the files and see what can be ported and what cant.

Edit: Is this the post your talking about in this topic?
http://www.gtaforums...entry1058955422
That looks like its for GTA IV/EFLC on Xbox 360 and PS3.

Edit: I just thought about it. Max Pane is coming to PC soon and it uses rage. It most likely has more graphical improvements than RDR, and it may be easier to port because the files are optamised for the PC.

The3File
  • The3File

Dansker er sovs

• Members

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Thursday, Dec 22 2011, 17:13)
QUOTE (The3File @ Thursday, Dec 22 2011, 16:40)
I'm willing to help, but i have absolutely no skills of converting, or modding in general.
But i could test and bug report, if you want me to.

Looks like a awesome project btw.

Ha to early he just started few days ago.

I sent pm.

Oh, i see biggrin.gif I haven't got a pm?

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:32 AM Edited by ShakingASS, 23 December 2011 - 08:44 AM.

QUOTE (The3File @ Friday, Dec 23 2011, 00:29)
QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Thursday, Dec 22 2011, 17:13)
QUOTE (The3File @ Thursday, Dec 22 2011, 16:40)
I'm willing to help, but i have absolutely no skills of converting, or modding in general.
But i could test and bug report, if you want me to.

Looks like a awesome project btw.

Ha to early he just started few days ago.

I sent pm.

Oh, i see biggrin.gif I haven't got a pm?

PM wasn't for you tho i was talking to stilldre lol.

Maybe our good programmer GooD-NTS will help us.Because he's on the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users