Photo

[WIP/IV] Episodes From The West

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,745 replies to this topic
stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:21 PM Edited by stilldre, 10 February 2012 - 01:32 PM.

user posted image

'Welcome to The West'

This mod will bring Las Venturas and it surroundings to 21st century based on Nevada Country.
Huge mountains, Las Venturas Bay and Redemption Towns will give more real look and feeling to it.
As for them most models are going to be from RedDeadRedemption for Redemption Towns, others like..
FM3, NFSHP, TDU2 models will help to give the mod even more fun.

The mod is still W.I.P. but it's not going take that long to complete this mod, so stay tuned for some info/sugestions..

WHAT TO EXPECT:
+Wild West/Nevada Country surrounded by mountains
+Las Venturas City, Las Venturas Bay, Redemption Towns
+Laguna Seca Circuit ( RacingSimulator ver. )
+Aircraft Carrier and Small Airfield in the mountains ( with Jets )
+Suitable cars
+Alot of western vegetation
+Timecyc

EFTW TEAM:
+StillDre -Creating WorldMap/Modeling
+Blaster_Nl -LV/Modeling/Timecyc
+GTARandom -LV/Modeling
+Strims -Scripting/Weapons/Modeling
+Tomix -Peds
+AlbertGT -Creating Suitable Cars
+Leod -Texturing/Modelling
+Tripple Pennetration - LV/Modelling
+Nkjellman - Porting to EFLC, Timecyc

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:25 PM Edited by stilldre, 10 February 2012 - 12:11 AM.

'Las Venturas Bay'
at left of Johny is going to be a small city and at right an harbor with aircraft carrier etc..
user posted image

'Mountain Roads'
with test traffic, seems to having some taxi problems cause of the cars lol.gif
user posted image

EDIT: Using RDR textures for terrain and TDU2 Ibiza textures for roads now, so don't come up with qute excuses.. sly.gif

MajesticNL
  • MajesticNL

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:52 PM

Las Venturas is the one from SA? If so, we can work something out.

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Tuesday, Dec 20 2011, 23:52)
If so, we can work something out.

If you guys are going to work together I beg you now and I speak for everyone else when I see please do not let Everlost123 join in the development of the project. I have nothing against the guy personally but he has a tendency to derail things in major projects.

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Tuesday, Dec 20 2011, 14:52)
Las Venturas is the one from SA? If so, we can work something out.

I thought you wouldn't ask biggrin.gif maybe we can since SA haves alot of fine models for LasVenturas.. I would like them!
Maybe retexture some of them with new textures or from IV..

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:04 PM

Too bad about SA, it missed this tower:

user posted image

which i see as a symbol for LV in some ways... altho maybe it wasnt built in 92' so that might be why.

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (GTARandom @ Tuesday, Dec 20 2011, 15:04)

http://www.travlang....re-Tower_09.jpg

which i see as a symbol for LV in some ways... altho maybe it wasnt built in 92' so that might be why.

Maybe this will do with good textures..
http://sketchup.goog...c8e9fb92927629d

MajesticNL
  • MajesticNL

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:26 PM

Ok we talk tonight, i'm about to go to work.

Vintage88
  • Vintage88

Lost MC | VP

• Members

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:46 PM Edited by Vintage88, 20 December 2011 - 04:52 PM.

Looks good, dre. Wish I could help but I'm not too savvy with these modding programs; the best I could offer is an outside perspective on the creative aspects of the project. so with that said... xD One suggestion I have is to spread out the Redemption towns across the map, as opposed to bundling them in one area. That is if it's physically possible.

I could also do things like, say, hunt down appropriate car mods (ex. Willy Jeep) and bundle it together for this mod. Things like that. If you need that kind of assistance send me a PM!

LeitoPL
  • LeitoPL

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:49 PM

It's gonna be a another good map, i guess. Now we gotta wait for some screens. that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE (Vintage88 @ Tuesday, Dec 20 2011, 17:46)
Looks good, dre. Wish I could help but I'm not too savvy with these modding programs; the best I could offer is an outside perspective on the creative aspects of the project. so with that said... xD One suggestion I have is to spread out the Redemption towns across the map, as opposed to bundling them in one area. That is if it's physically possible.

I just use that one area for a bigger town of redemption buildings, the rest of 4 towns will be spread out biggrin.gif

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

• The Yardies

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:09 PM

What year will the total conversion be set? 1911-ish like RDR or later?

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:10 PM

So I see you used the idea I gave you. I really hope this goes well for you. One thing. Are you going to make it set in modern times or is it going to be in Red Dead Redemption times?

I guss we can consider this to be the GTA IV erra Las Vanterus, unless Rockstar says otherwise. If they do you should change it to Las Vegus.

Edit: Are you making a new Las Vanterus, or are you going to use the old SA one and change the surroundings?

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Tuesday, Dec 20 2011, 18:10)
So I see you used the idea I gave you. I really hope this goes well for you. One thing. Are you going to make it set in modern times or is it going to be in Red Dead Redemption times?

I guss we can consider this to be the GTA IV erra Las Vanterus, unless Rockstar says otherwise. If they do you should change it to Las Vegus.

Edit: Are you making a new Las Vanterus, or are you going to use the old SA one and change the surroundings?

I'm going to set the mod to the 2010/'11, and if i can use the SA models i would like them be a bit retextured something that will stand out with bump textures like IV.. RDR houses will be like ghosttowns, where the badguys still live these days and making drugs.. biggrin.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (stilldre @ Tuesday, Dec 20 2011, 17:24)
QUOTE (nkjellman @ Tuesday, Dec 20 2011, 18:10)

I'm going to set the mod to the 2010/'11, and if i can use the SA models i would like them be a bit retextured something that will stand out with bump textures like IV.. RDR houses will be like ghosttowns, where the badguys still live these days and making drugs.. biggrin.gif

Yea, I like that idea. That way you don't have to remodel everything. Maybe you could use SART for the Las Vanterus textures. But one question. How are you going to get the models from RDR?

Shotgunfan345
  • Shotgunfan345

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE (GTARandom @ Tuesday, Dec 20 2011, 14:04)

user posted image

it was build in 1996 smile.gif

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:48 PM Edited by stilldre, 20 December 2011 - 05:50 PM.

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Tuesday, Dec 20 2011, 18:45)
Yea, I like that idea. That way you don't have to remodel everything. Maybe you could use SART for the Las Vanterus textures. But one question. How are you going to get the models from RDR?

I've found a tool that extracts X360 RDR models to max.. Maybe not the perfect one, but it does his job biggrin.gif

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

• The Yardies

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:07 PM

Are you going to make the entire map before releasing it or are you going to create sections to release bit-by-bit so people don't have to wait to get it?
Could you post a 3dsmax/cityscape picture of your current progress so people have an idea of what's to come? icon14.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (stilldre @ Tuesday, Dec 20 2011, 17:48)
QUOTE (nkjellman @ Tuesday, Dec 20 2011, 18:45)

I've found a tool that extracts X360 RDR models to max.. Maybe not the perfect one, but it does his job biggrin.gif

Could you send me a link to the tools your using to access the RDR files? Id like to play around with it alittle. But with these tools we may be able to get the RDR map on GTA IV.

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:20 PM

First i wanted to make RDR map to gta IV but the map is way to big and doesn't have that much point to make it for gta IV..
And it's not going to take that long to make the whole full basic map with mine tools, first i've to prepare all textures before i start working further on it.
If i have few people that help it will goes even faster, anyway it's going to be clearly released before V biggrin.gif

I could provide link to the tools, but if you want to use it/help me with something i can invite you to dropbox.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (stilldre @ Tuesday, Dec 20 2011, 21:20)
First i wanted to make RDR map to gta IV but the map is way to big and doesn't have that much point to make it for gta IV..
And it's not going to take that long to make the whole full basic map with mine tools, first i've to prepare all textures before i start working further on it.
If i have few people that help it will goes even faster, anyway it's going to be clearly released before V biggrin.gif

I could provide link to the tools, but if you want to use it/help me with something i can invite you to dropbox.

Which is why Rockstar will regret not releasing RDR on pc.

MajesticNL
  • MajesticNL

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:43 PM

I hereby announce that i join this project.

I will work on LV and part of RDR conversion.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:45 PM Edited by GTARandom, 20 December 2011 - 08:57 PM.

Add me too. The RMS finest members must be a part of this project, it has potential and can be realized if we try hard enough

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:07 PM

That's the spirit i like to hear biggrin.gif
Btw, i might get a Infineon Raceway track for this map if possible from ForzaM4..
Else going to try my best to make one and put alot detail to the LV city!

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

• The Yardies

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:13 PM Edited by Frank.s, 20 December 2011 - 10:23 PM.

@RMS Joining: Good. icon14.gif

@Stilldre Could i join to help model the map + convert the extra RDR objects? You'll have to send the original files to me because i have the ps3 bluray version and pc bluray players like mine wont read ps3 disks. If i can join then i'll send you my email so you can add me to the dropbox.
Who's doing the stripped script.img? (if i join then i can do that too)

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:14 PM

Nice to see RDR finally converted to IV with parts of SA and such.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:17 PM

This will be great. I can't wait to see what this will have to offer.

Darn, I wish soneone would make Chicago in GTA IV lol. But a remodeld Las Vanterus is good too.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

• The Yardies

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (ShakingASS)
Nice to see RDR finally converted to IV with parts of SA and such.
I PM'd stilldre and he stated that this total conversion is remaking LV with it's Wild West surroundings with the help of RDR models. smile.gif

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Tuesday, Dec 20 2011, 23:17)
This will be great. I can't wait to see what this will have to offer.

Darn, I wish soneone would make Chicago in GTA IV lol. But a remodeld Las Vanterus is good too.

Lol, Chicago biggrin.gif there for u need gamedevelopment team.. We are just gta fan modders tounge.gif

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:25 PM

I would love to know where you found tools to convert the models.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users