Battlefield 4

1,903 replies to this topic
esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

I play both sides of the fence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:27 PM

Bad news if the annualize goes through. You know its bad when new DLC comes out for Cod and you download it, and still haven't loaded it up to play yet. I downloaded last week and yet I still play BF4.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:12 PM Edited by esmittystud101, 10 February 2014 - 03:28 PM.

Okay, another double XP weekend I figured I would unlock the guns I haven't made it to yet. After looking I only need snipers, dmr, and hand guns, all the other guns I have already unlocked. So I got snipers done, which really wasn't that bad. I would just play Rush on Operation Locker and the kills just kept coming. So now that snipers was out of the way I figure I would start with DMR now.

I had no idea, don't know if it was from the recent patch or what. But DMR's are a beast now. I just had the first one unlocked and it tour up. I think it was the RFB. All I had unlocked for it was an angled grip and the Coyote sight. But they really turned up the damage on them thats for sure. I'm actually liking them though. Looking forward on unlocking the rest.

On another note, I'm the type of BF4 player, that if I was to sneak or spook up on  3-4 guys in a room, no matter what gun I had before, if it was assult riffle, LMG, carbine, PDW, I could always kill at least two of them before my clip ran out. Now if I'm using a DMR, I can usually kill all the guys in the room and still have 12-14 rounds left in my clip.

Point of the story: DMR's are awesome now.

tubby custardd
  • tubby custardd

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:21 AM

Okay, another double XP weekend I figured I would unlock the guns I haven't made it to yet. After looking I only need snipers, dmr, and hand guns, all the other guns I have already unlocked. So I got snipers done, which really wasn't that bad. I would just play Rush on Operation Locker and the kills just kept coming. So now that snipers was out of the way I figure I would start with DMR now.

I had no idea, don't know if it was from the recent patch or what. But DMR's are a beast now. I just had the first one unlocked and it tour up. I think it was the RFB. All I had unlocked for it was an angled grip and the Coyote sight. But they really turned up the damage on them thats for sure. I'm actually liking them though. Looking forward on unlocking the rest.

On another note, I'm the type of BF4 player, that if I was to sneak or spook up on  3-4 guys in a room, no matter what gun I had before, if it was assult riffle, LMG, carbine, PDW, I could always kill at least two of them before my clip ran out. Now if I'm using a DMR, I can usually kill all the guys in the room and still have 12-14 rounds left in my clip.

I hate players who use DMR's, too much suppression, too many high damage bullets being shot at your face, not much skill to use.

I'm not saying I hate you I mean I just hate the guns with a passion, really annoys me when I'm constantly killed by them.

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:20 AM

Wait, it's double XP? Or have I missed it.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:45 AM

I barely cought the end of it. Managed to level up twice, f*ck it makes all the difference, it takes ages without it. And forget about it if you have no boosts going.

I managed to own it up which was nice. I see they added a patch and it seems to have fixed the clan emblem which is nice to see that on my vehicles and weapons.

I notice they added in the new weapons into the game for the upcoming DLC, I wonder if I should waste my money or just transfer to next gen now and waste the money on premium there.

It really sucks sometimes how boring some rounds go with little to no players.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:47 PM

I hate players who use DMR's, too much suppression, too many high damage bullets being shot at your face, not much skill to use.

I'm not saying I hate you I mean I just hate the guns with a passion, really annoys me when I'm constantly killed by them.

I know exactly what you mean. I get laid out all the time from DMR's. Especially now.  I never used them before, the double XP weekend was a good way to knock them out quick. I think I still have two 100% boosts left also, plus I think fifteen or so 50% boosts and I think the same for 25% boosts left. I should have the DMR's knocked out by the end of the week.

Handguns are going to be fun. Any suggestions for a good one anyone? I'm clueless on handguns thus far on this title.   

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 February 2014 - 06:33 PM

TL;DR: Naval strike DLC. Contains awesome new gamemode from BF2142, hovercraft and other general additions.

J2XADTj.jpg

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:48 PM

Dude, I can't wait for some new DLC. I've been playing China Rising and Second Assult since November and I need some new maps. I still can't believe all the other consoles and pc still haven't got Second Assult yet. Us on Xbox One have had it pretty much since the console released in November. Making the other consoles wait is deffinatly not helping out Dice's cause.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:23 PM

Yeah, Second Assault is coming out 18th Feb for Premium members. Given that it was available to Xbone users somewhere in November, that's a hell of a difference - especially since these are the premium members, not just the run-of-the-mill players. They still haven't fixed a fair few bugs according to a lot of PC gamers as well - which reminds me, on Metro apparently the roof glitch to get on top of the station is still there (despite being patched in the BF3 version of the game). If that's in the one for other platforms, Dice have some explaining to do (apart from all the other bugs and weirdness). 

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:37 AM

Is it double xp tomorrow for premium members?

I played China Rising maps for the first time tonight, they seem cool

+ Dragonjack +
  • + Dragonjack +

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:39 AM Edited by + Dragonjack +, 18 February 2014 - 06:36 AM.

TL;DR: Naval strike DLC. Contains awesome new gamemode from BF2142, hovercraft and other general additions.

J2XADTj.jpg

Nevermind. Thank you. :) 

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:19 PM Edited by Daz, 11 March 2014 - 08:43 AM.

Just got an update, now every time it switches maps on the china rising dlc I get a crash on loading.

I honestly thought all this sh*t was behind them.

The 2142 titan mode was probably the most unique and awesome game mode I have ever played in a game, it felt so amazing and nothing came close to that level of epic sh*t so that would be cool but it just sucks because they can't move freely around a map like they used to.

I hope they finally add the megalodon in one of the water based maps, but I honestly think that whole thing is total trolling with the secret dogtag and references to it.

I might just go ahead and buy premium, I doubt I will be on next gen any time soon. I already have missed out on Second Assault and Naval Strike apparently says end of march for premium. I really want some of the new guns listed here: http://bf4central.co...4-naval-strike/

Revolver and LMG ftw.

Though I need to get Premium right now to get the DAO-12 and the ASs-VALve.

Also just found the www.emblemsbf.com site, cant believe I didn't know about this sooner, f*cking awesome sh*t on there.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:49 PM

Anyone trying out Naval Strike this morning? I have to work all day or I would be playing it now. The trailers look good. You get so much more DLC bang for your buck w/ Battlefield 4 than other FPS DLC's. You get four maps. Not just four maps, maps that in account, make the game different. They give a nice new feel. You get multiple weapons, I think I counted atleast 4-5 in this one alone. Probably new assignments. Also tags. The other DLC's you get 4-5 maps, maybe lucky to get one weapon. They threw in where you can download characters but its not included in the season pass, sold seperatly. You can dowload a wolf, but thats sold seperatly.

I'm excited for these BF4 DLC's. Too bad I can't say the same for the other game. Dissapointed like I knew I would be. But I thought with the amount of games out on the Xbox One at the console release, plus Watch Dogs never came out. I never should have bought it. I did the same thing with MW3. I really enjoyed BO1. Mp was pretty good, zombies was the bomb. MW3 came out, I thought it might be okay. Wrong. No zombies in a COD is just a mortal sin now. My first COD was BO1. Then BO2 came out, mp pretty good, zombies was the bomb again. Even got everyone of those easter eggs and you know how time consuming those are. I have a feeling if they anualize BF, it will be the same as COD. One year you get a great game and the next you get pretty much a fill in. This scares me for BF. The company already took a huge hit from all the issues they have had. Please don't anualize. Who ever thought the day would come that we would be begging for a game NOT to come out.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:30 PM

Well I spoke too soon. No dlc yet for x1. Its 7:30 pm. Sorry for jinxing everyone. My bad. LOL

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:10 AM Edited by Daz, 26 March 2014 - 07:17 AM.

I managed to play a little last night.

I actually expected horrible maps, however I was wrong. For once I actually think these Naval Strike maps are proabably the best in the game so far. Just like the awesomeness of Paracel Storm, they offer some good sea combat combined with small islands and no use for people whoring out tanks. I feel that so far from what I have played they seemed very balanced and it could just be that they are new so people were all over the place. However it felt much more like the good old battlefield that I love. The hovercraft even though it is a kind of throw away vehicle it is very useful and surprisingly easy to kill many people with it, especially if they are swimming. I also played the carrier assault mode 100% exclusively the entire time and didn't really notice I was playing a different mode. It felt like it fit so well with the design of the maps. So I was very pleased with that mode as well. It seemed balanced well. But still nowhere near as awesome as the Titan mode from 2142.

So, at this moment so far I am very pleased with these maps. It also seems that the latest patch fixed whatever crashes I was getting after every single round so at least the game is playable right now. I also think these new maps actually look a lot better than the second assault maps by far. Visually, they actually have some nice effects, as opposed to the terrible lighting and textures on the other maps from second assault.

The only issue I am having now is that Battlelog is almighty f*cked. It keeps showing a quicktime logo and not displaying anything despite having quicktime up to date. It is just completely f*cked. It is annoying because I want to check assignments and possibly the next phantom prospect challenges.

Lets hope someone finds the megalodon soon.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:17 PM Edited by esmittystud101, 28 March 2014 - 05:01 PM.

Got the NS DLC last night on X1. Rush is crazy fun. I didn't have any rubberbanding like alot of guys was complaining about on the 25th and 26th. Somehow I ended up getting two or three 200% boasts from Battlepacks. I probably got atleast 10-15 plus battlepacks this week alone for basically being preimum I think. NS ran great. I tried playing conquest but I've never really been a Conquest kind of player. I just think I like Rush more because it is just easier for me. Rush it doens't seem like guys come from behind me as much because the game is set up like that. I never checked last night though, is there any Capture The Flag on the new maps? Seems like the only maps I can play CTF on is Second Assult, but I didn't try searching for any on NS or regular maps or even China Rising. If not they should add CTF to all maps. It is crazy fun with no kill limit. Basically as many as you can get with no cap. So many guys get mad when the game ends in a tie on CTF but then I look, they had over fifty kills though. Who can complain about that.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:04 PM

Anyone having issues with battlelog?

It keeps showing I have a missing quicktime plugin or something but it is up to date and does it on either browser.

It is really pissing me the f*ck off now, everything is up to date and it never did this before, the page uses silverlight not quicktime anyway.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:12 AM

So can someone explain this for me. 

Why is it that Battlefield 4 is the only game that lags for me. I'm on the PS4 btw. I keep getting nothing but the rubber band effect. 

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:23 PM

Finally slinging this back in the disc try for the first time since like the 2nd week of it's release. I'm currently downloading Update 9.

Does BF4 still have crashes or freezing? That was my only concern when I first got it, I couldn't play but about 2-3 maps before I froze. Pretty much the same for GTA V now as well.. I just froze for my 3rd time playing V in less than 2hrs, so I figured I'd give BF4 another go.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:06 PM

No crashes on X1 for me. No rubberbanding. The only issue with this game I have had since release, is the late Naval Strike DLC which everyone had on X1. Not sure if my ISP is better than the majority. But mine runs great. No studdering too. I am still just confused. Why do I have a great game (probably the best FPS I have ever played) and everyone else has sh*t. Been trying to figure this one out since Nov. I run with wireless connection too, on a Cisco router, Comcast Xfinity Internet. Not much more than that. I also have a bunch of stuff tapping into the wii fii as well. Atleast three smartphones and a couple blu ray players. Even if we are all on together. I still have no issues. I guess I just should be thankful and not jinch myself.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:09 PM

I'm on X360.. but I never had issues with rubberbanding, just the freezing which was a global pandemic when BF4 first came out. Just curious if it's been fixed. I still haven't played yet, I've been trying to remember my Origin password for my Battlelog but I finally figured it out so I may play a round or two before heading into work (late)  :pirate:

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:18 PM Edited by FullMetal, 31 March 2014 - 04:18 PM.

Had some extreme lagg issues aswel today on PS4. Haven't dared booting up the PC version a long time because it was a horrible mess couple of months ago and I'm afraid to jump into the same mess again(only singleplayer to get more singleplayer achievements on Origin).

Rather lame how Naval Strike's maps/gamode is so f*cking awesome but the newly added weapons are all bland, uninterestin & not legit. Can't they get the whole pack right? Always some side of the DLC 'packs' that are lacking.

Johan
  • Johan

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:19 PM

Holy crap, decided to buy this game again on the PS3 (own the PC version) had no issues with the single player ever until I reached the 2nd mission near the end, died by accident and I have to pay for it by staring at an infinite black screen while audio is going on in the background. Bravo.. looks like I'll stick to multiplayer like always.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:56 PM

Yeah, I heard all the horror stories about single player. So I waited to do the SP all at once in a single session so I wouldn't chance loosing the save. I did it in roughly 3-4 hours. The M249 is so worth it. This gun is a beast in CTF mode. I would do the last mission more than once and make a different decision on both. One you get a M249 and the other you get a PDW maybe I think.

Johan
  • Johan

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:29 PM

Sigh, I really had no problems with Battlefield 4 all this time... and ignored all the hate DICE and EA were getting since launch, but now that I own the PS3 version I can see why.

This game is broken.. what did they do wrong? Battlefield 3 wasn't even this bad at all

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:41 PM

Played 3 or 4 rounds yesterday, had no issues.. had a blast. Guess I was fortunate.. first kill was me launching a LAW at a chopper while parachuting in during the Obliteration game mode. 

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:58 PM

I've heard nothing but negativity with all current gen. versions of this game. I just think it is too much going on for a current gen. With having all the access we do with it, tablets w/commander, it just sounds like Next. Gen. was built for this type of game and curr. gen they just made it to please the masses. I think they would have done just fine with only going the Next Gen. route. I mean common, it would only entise you more to purchase a Next Gen if BF4, Ghosts (which I'm not about, but purchased anyway, DAM*), ect. was only on Next Gen. The faster we vere away from curr. gen. the better off the gaming world will be. Live in the future, not the past. Oh I forgot, we have to please the masses. LOL

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:13 PM

Yeah well Dice/EA and Activision for COD will never learn. Their eyes always see $$$$ wherever they look.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:05 AM Edited by Daz, 02 April 2014 - 07:06 AM.

I had 100% gamebreaking problems with it until the latest patch for NS. It would crash every map load and all my assignments would not save and kept resetting. As well as my profile data getting corrupted every damn time I turned the game on (going into stats fails connection to EA, then stats cant be found then finally it works but I would always get that 100% of the time and I think it still does it.)

But now it seems stable again, but if they can f*ck the game up so bad after having everything fixed, then anything is possible. I have only just been able to play second assault it was so broken. Assignments are still broke, and I still earn points to guns I already own, as well as difficult progress for some being deleted.

Months back I lost all my progress in singleplayer, luckily I had finished it 100% and got all the achievements and unlocks, but still, it took all my singleplayer assignments away, which is f*cking lame.

The game works (for now) and NS is fun, but who knows when the next f*ckup will show up.

Still pretty pissed off they haven't added the classic MP5N from BF2, or the G3.

I am also still kind of annoyed engineer has the SMGS now, I liked it how it was before. Carbines make much more sense for the engineer than an SMG. Smg on all kits was fun and didn't feel like it overpowered kits too much.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:01 PM

Yeah also don't really understand the logic of SMG's/PDW's as Engeniers primary weapon and Carbines for everyone. They should've done it that way so that the AR's/Carbines (so actually 'class specific' weapons of Assault/Engie) would've been possible to use among any other class aswell.

So the only thing that'd be specific to certain classes would be the Sniper Rifles (bolt action) and Light Machine guns. Which would've been more interesting in my opinion.

It's just so annoying not being able to rock the MP7 Like A Team Six on the Assault class. Or a M416 as support would be awesome tits aswell. 

• Daz likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users