RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:47 PM

Depends on the map, if it's something like Zavod 311 then I go general for accuracy, then fire in bursts. A close-quarters map like Operation Locker gets more accuracy, then maps where this varies - like Shanghai - usually my primary weapon is focused on accuracy and the pistol has stability, as muzzle climb when trying to spam those off in short distance ain't that helpful.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:07 PM

Ditch normal mode... ditch hardcore and do Ultimate Battlefield mode. Same damage tables as in Hardcore tho IMPOSSIBLE to do one shot one kill body shots with any weapon (YES EVEN YOU COWARD ASS RECON SNIPER BITCHES).

The only enemy icons that can exist onscreen are the ones of enemies being actively spotted/called out and they show above the enemies head (still a bit vague tho to make it 'balanced'. Tho a 'real' called out/spotted enemy will be marked in the classic way (and for a long time) with certain items (binocs from RECON).

Seriously... normal mode is bullet sponge fest which is total bullsh*t, hardcore is nothing but a campfest for cowards who can't aim. Not having found/made a decently balanced 'in between' is what frustrates me.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

I play both sides of the fence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:32 PM Edited by esmittystud101, 09 January 2014 - 12:45 PM.

Ditch normal mode... ditch hardcore and do Ultimate Battlefield mode. Same damage tables as in Hardcore tho IMPOSSIBLE to do one shot one kill body shots with any weapon (YES EVEN YOU COWARD ASS RECON SNIPER BITCHES).

The only enemy icons that can exist onscreen are the ones of enemies being actively spotted/called out and they show above the enemies head (still a bit vague tho to make it 'balanced'. Tho a 'real' called out/spotted enemy will be marked in the classic way (and for a long time) with certain items (binocs from RECON).

Seriously... normal mode is bullet sponge fest which is total bullsh*t, hardcore is nothing but a campfest for cowards who can't aim. Not having found/made a decently balanced 'in between' is what frustrates me.

I'll have to try this mode. Sounds interesting. I would have to totally agree with the normal mode being a bullet sponge fest too.

edit: Xbox One must not have this mode. I looked last night and the modes I have are Normal, Hardcore, and Infantry.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:31 PM

I doubt I am ever going to unlock the UCAV and last assignments. I need 3 f*cking jet ribbons. I can barely even get a kill or two before Air Superiority rounds end.

The worst part is the f*cking bombing run. On 64 player servers it may not be that bad but on 360 there is f*ck all anyone running around.

I pretty much have given up on this game. I miss the decent maps like anything out of Battlefield 2 or Bad Company 2.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:51 PM

I doubt I am ever going to unlock the UCAV and last assignments. I need 3 f*cking jet ribbons. I can barely even get a kill or two before Air Superiority rounds end.

The worst part is the f*cking bombing run. On 64 player servers it may not be that bad but on 360 there is f*ck all anyone running around.

I pretty much have given up on this game. I miss the decent maps like anything out of Battlefield 2 or Bad Company 2.

I know what you mean, I have zero jet kills so far in this game. Going to be a long hall.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:09 PM

I meant it in a way as of Dice should do this... I mean after all these years and different Battlefield installments (and also Bad Company) no one notices the nonsense that's going around. Normal mode is just insanely stupid because you have to pump so much rounds into a guy before he drops. Hardcore on the other hand removes a bit too much and rewards the cowards.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:43 PM

I meant it in a way as of Dice should do this... I mean after all these years and different Battlefield installments (and also Bad Company) no one notices the nonsense that's going around. Normal mode is just insanely stupid because you have to pump so much rounds into a guy before he drops. Hardcore on the other hand removes a bit too much and rewards the cowards.

Ohhhhh. I feel pretty stupid now. Its all good though. I think I might try Infantry mode tonight. Don't know how many servers they run though. Don't even know if they run Rush mode in Infantry setting or not. Seems like vehicles are most of my deaths though, from them camping by the objectives.

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Gaming] 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2010
    Best Cluckin' Huge Meal 2015

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:49 AM Edited by meta187, 10 January 2014 - 01:59 PM.

I have a premium account on the PS4 and downloaded the China Rising DLC but haven't seen any new maps in the mix in Conquest or Rush. Are they in some other mode?

Accuracy vs Stability

I was playing last night and just getting my head handed to me. I couldn't figure out why. I'm never this bad. I couldn't aim a weapon to save my life. So I'm going through all the weapons I'm using in each class to see what I changed on them, maybe causing my issues.

I had put heavy barrels on all my guns to give them more accuracy and less stability. I also put grips that would improve accuracy as well. Thinking this would improve my number of kills. This was a huge mistake, atleast for me. I couldn't hold the guns steady enough while shooting. As soon as I went back to the barrel attachments that give you more stability, muzzle brakes, compensators, and grips as well, angled grips, folding grips, I did so much better. I was killing guys left and right.

So what is your preferences on gun attachments? What do you roll with? 

I've been going back and forth on this a lot. Of course you want a gun that's accurate, at the same time I don't want a gun that's shaking to sh!t when I'm looking down the sights trying to shoot someone who's over 50 yards away. All that does is alert him to my presence. I think the better question here would be what are some of the most accurate, stable gun combos in this game for people in the different classes?

Though if I have to choose, stability seems the way to go.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:31 AM

Stubby Grip/AFG's seem to do the trick on alot of weapons for me. First shot accuracy is something I really notice with the AFG and Stubby Grip gives overall great control/accuracy over weapons.

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:11 PM Edited by meta187, 10 January 2014 - 02:14 PM.

Stubby Grip/AFG's seem to do the trick on alot of weapons for me. First shot accuracy is something I really notice with the AFG and Stubby Grip gives overall great control/accuracy over weapons.

Yea, I clicked on a stubby last night that evened out the gun I was using quite a bit. Are there any firearms in particular that just have naturally good well-balanced, all around performance - particularly at long distance engagements (that aren't sniper rifles)?

In BF4 shooting down range in general seems to have one strict rule if you want to keep your sights steady...

*I have a premium account on the PS4 and downloaded the China Rising DLC but haven't seen any new maps in the mix in Conquest or Rush. Are they in some other mode? - Anyone?

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:36 PM

Yea, I clicked on a stubby last night that evened out the gun I was using quite a bit. Are there any firearms in particular that just have naturally good well-balanced, all around performance - particularly at long distance engagements (that aren't sniper rifles)?

In BF4 shooting down range in general seems to have one strict rule if you want to keep your sights steady...

*I have a premium account on the PS4 and downloaded the China Rising DLC but haven't seen any new maps in the mix in Conquest or Rush. Are they in some other mode? - Anyone?

I have the same issue on Xbox One. I can never find any games for China Rising or Second Assult for that matter. If you do find one there are usually between 5-8 people in the que waiting to get in already. Other guys on BF4 main forum swear up and down that you can find games easy. But I never can. I only get to play China Rising maps usually once or twice a week at best. If I do find one, I stay in that game rotation for as long as I can to get some China Rising assignments complete. I've only played Operation Metro maybe a total of five times, four of which were Rush and the other was team deathmatch. I'm usually playing between 5:00 pm and midnight through the week. Maybe if I was on at 9:00 am or something I might have better luck.

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:07 PM Edited by Cyper, 10 January 2014 - 05:11 PM.

It was a long time since I played Battlefield. The latest time was Road To Rome expansion for BF1.

From what I can see, Battlefield 3 and 4 reminds me a lot of the modern CoD. It looks so casual and accessible. What really disencourage me in the game is the unlock system. I can't just take the fact that people with higher XP than me may kill me first just because they had a better weapon or a better scope. What matters for me is the real skill the player got - not the artificial skill. And nothing could be worse than being killed by a new players simply because the game balance things out (unfair) to make it easier for new players.

However, what do people mean with ''cowards'' in hardcore mode?

If someone plays defensive and kills you, you're the one who lacks skill. Because you weren't skilled enough to survive. The game is about killing opponents and taking control of CAP points. How that is done is completely irrelevant unless the player use cheats and/or glitches.

Nuka
  • Nuka

• V Staff
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Top c*nt 👍

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:12 PM Edited by Ciaran, 10 January 2014 - 08:39 PM.

Got to rank 14 and unlocked the M16A4 for my assault kit, Pretty good rifle but i need to unlock some decent optics for it, rank 16 I get another battle pack and I'm hoping to get some good gear like Marpat Camo or something similar,

question: How do you unlock the L85A2? I loved that rifle in bf3 and racked up about 1500 kills with it, Is it any different in bf4?

Never mind got it! Beast weapon!

Menaced
  • Menaced

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:09 PM

Have you tried using the Server Browser to filter out the default maps? That's what I had to do, but even then I could only find two active Conquest servers with China Rising maps.

---

I just had my first few games on China Rising. I absolutely love Dragon Pass. I think it's the Vietnam vibe that does it for me. I had a quick game on the desert map, too (the name of it escapes me at the moment) and it was quite enjoyable from what I played. I crashed halfway through the game, though. So far I've had three games on China Rising and I've crashed during two of them... I don't think I've ever crashed on the default maps (on PS4, anyway). 

All in all, I'm pretty impressed with the maps and I'm sure I'll be playing them a lot. I like that they 're actually different to the default ones, in that they add environments, like desert and jungle, which we didn't really see in the default maps. At the same time I do feel kinda glad that I didn't pay a penny for them, though. :p

Nuka
  • Nuka

• V Staff
  • Ireland
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Top c*nt 👍

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:01 PM

Anyone know what the SUAV is? and how do you unlock it?

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:59 PM

Have you tried using the Server Browser to filter out the default maps? That's what I had to do, but even then I could only find two active Conquest servers with China Rising maps.

Yea, I did. I did a little digging around last night and most people said that was the best way to get in to one. The new maps are really good, feel very reminiscent of Bad Company 2 and the Nam maps but way smoother with dirtbikes. Having a blast driving those around to the capture points.

Still interested in hearing what guns work best for Assault and Engineer classes.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:51 PM

It was a long time since I played Battlefield. The latest time was Road To Rome expansion for BF1.

From what I can see, Battlefield 3 and 4 reminds me a lot of the modern CoD. It looks so casual and accessible. What really disencourage me in the game is the unlock system. I can't just take the fact that people with higher XP than me may kill me first just because they had a better weapon or a better scope. What matters for me is the real skill the player got - not the artificial skill. And nothing could be worse than being killed by a new players simply because the game balance things out (unfair) to make it easier for new players.

The way battlefield 3 did it was better, the starting weapons are just as good as any others, sometimes they were the best ones. In BF4 the difference is pretty small for that, however it seems to matter most with equipment - why do you have to unlock defibs? Why did I have to play so much as medic without being able to revive people? 

However, on it being more casual, it may seem like you can play well just killing people and ignoring the objective, but you're set to lose if you do that. 

bread
  • bread

Grown conventionally and organically worldwide

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:53 PM

@meta

I'm a carbine guy, so I would say the carbines. Specifically the AK 5C which is my main weapon of choice and in my opinion the best weapon in the game. I can use it on any class I want and max them out within say, a good, long day of of Rush and Conquest. It works great with any attachment, even a suppressor considering it has the best bullet drop for any weapon in a game. RDS, and Ergo or Vertical (I much prefer ergo) sight is really all you need on it, and a suppressor for bonus stealth. I should also add, but it's easy as f*ck for compensating. It's recoil is easily manageable and can be for anyone that's first using it. Coupled with its long-range potential and versatility it's a beast.

I always use it on the assault class, but sometimes I like to switch to an SMG when I'm on engineer like the PP2000. My preferences mostly still stand with carbines though.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:10 PM

I don't know why but I've had this game crash my PS3 at least 6 times now just in the process of turning itself off. Whenever I just shut off the console (and this is when I'm just sitting at the main menu, doing nothing, there should be no saves in progress) it won't go then it crashes and I get the "didn't turn off correctly" message on startup the next day. I've also tried quitting the game first via holding down the PS button but even that has caused a crash or two. I'm getting kinda worried because BF3 totally f*cked up my PS3 when I turned it off last year, I had to do a full reset and lost all my saves (including a 99.6% RDR save). Don't want that happening again here.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

Yea, I did. I did a little digging around last night and most people said that was the best way to get in to one. The new maps are really good, feel very reminiscent of Bad Company 2 and the Nam maps but way smoother with dirtbikes. Having a blast driving those around to the capture points.

Still interested in hearing what guns work best for Assault and Engineer classes.

I'm tearing up right now with AS VAL in the engineer class. I've been using it for days now and I can't seem to wana switch to anything else. I'm rolling with a flash light (these blind the sh*t out of guys when you need it too the most), angle grip to give me more stability, and a holo sight. It is the bomb.

Assult class use the Ace 23 w/ anything that will make the stability better.

Nuka
  • Nuka

• V Staff
  • Ireland
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Top c*nt 👍

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:02 PM

Anyone use the L85? Pretty beast weapon with Acog/Holo sight

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:46 PM

M-Tar 21 carbine is pretty good for that class.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:53 PM

This game has been freezing more often when i play recently, i play on PS3. Sometimes it can be during play, but most of the time it's during the spawn process or in the transition between old/new games. Very annoying.

Jc_39a
  • Jc_39a

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:44 PM

This game has been freezing more often when i play recently, i play on PS3. Sometimes it can be during play, but most of the time it's during the spawn process or in the transition between old/new games. Very annoying.

EA server are usually bad.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:45 AM

Can someone explain this to me?

I was on Rogue Tranny, joined the game halfway through the round, to a losing team getting heavily raped by gungho squads bumrushing the heli spawn.

After f*cking around with a DMR not being able to kill anyone, I said f*ck it and switched back to ol faithful the M249. I had died 4 times with no kills at this point. 

As soon as I take it out I get a 23 killstreak just running around the C flag (i think is the one with the heli spawn) defending my useless squad who were totally confused, I must have killed at least 20 people in less than 2-3 minutes, I was just laying waste to everything and people were catching rounds off me at every angle. Ended up with 37 - 5, I only died once while using the M249 and got another sh*tload of kills before the round ends.

It was so unbelievable that I would have done anything to be able to have recorded that round.

I spawn in on paracel storm the next round and we get totally and utterly assraped, even still playing against the same team and using my trusty weapon, which now I barely get a chance to use without getting owned.

How does this make any sense? How can I go from God to being a f*cking peasant in one round. Can lag really be effecting the game THAT much?

This is what I hate about online shooters. Especially the more fast paced shooters. From not changing my tactics at all, at one point I can rape, another I get bumf*cked. There wasn't a commander on either team for both rounds neither and squads and teams didn't change.

I just wish there was a game that no matter what, I could shoot someone and kill them at all times and not feel like I am constantly marked on the map with a giant arrow.

Bad Company 2 was perfect, I never felt like that in that game. Why is it just not the same anymore?

Anyway new patch "early feb" apparently, hopefully they fix sh*t like having to constantly reset my camo on my kits, and numerous other bullsh*t like not being able to pick up weapons without instantly dropping them.

f*ck knows whatever happened to the clan emblem being on things, aint seen that at least for 3-4 patches ago.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:00 PM

I find the M249 is the same for me. One round it is the best LMG ever made, the next I'm switching my support class to a carbine instead.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:41 PM

Battlefield is annualized :(

Electronic Arts earlier this week let go of their contractors at the office and told full-time staffers they could either take compensation and leave or continue working in the office to support work on Visceral's rumored police-themed Battlefield title, code-named Havana. Sources say Havana is due out later this year

RIP.

http://www.polygon.c...itle-mothballed

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:44 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 01 February 2014 - 09:01 PM.

EA deserve another worst company of the year award for doing this.

.JokeR
  • .JokeR

Madness is the emergency exit.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:06 PM

Police themed Battlefield, sound interesting, but I agree they're f*cking this up. How do they not see how annual games get worse. Have they not seem the preorder numbers for CoD drop?

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:25 PM

You all knew this was bound to happen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users