GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:47 PM

@VCRules:

I haven't played this in acouple weeks.. I take it there still isn't any patch or headway made over the freezing issues?

From earlier posts and searching, I found out that the freezing was mainly related to Conquest Mode and 1 or 2 select Maps. So the moment I played other modes, I haven't had to suffer from freezes, etc. 

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:22 AM

Even the PC version has a ton of bugs, the console versions aren't faring well; on the 360 I still get the freezing on Dawnbreaker and Hainan resort, don't know if it's just conquest but that seems about right.

Lil' question, I have china rising, will quick search put me in a server that has those maps in rotation?

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Gaming] 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2010

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:09 AM Edited by meta187, 25 December 2013 - 01:11 AM.

Just snagged this.

Is the campaign worth a run-through at all?

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 25 December 2013 - 04:37 AM

I heard it's terrible, so no. Unless the online goes down or something, I don't see the point of playing the campagin at all.

Also I heard the game is absolutely terrible on 360 and PS3 and PC.

Mockage
  • Mockage

Fljótavík

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 25 December 2013 - 04:44 AM

The latest update for the PS3 version has really noticeably helped with the lag problems the game suffered during intense combat prior to all the tweaking DICE has done. I can actually focus when sh*t hits the fan.

android
  • android

Something witty, something sh*tty

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Mobile OS

Posted 25 December 2013 - 05:38 AM

Should I get this for $39.99 at GameStop?

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 December 2013 - 08:00 AM

It's best to avoid it. When the issues are sorted out it is worth playing online.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 25 December 2013 - 08:08 AM

Just snagged this.

The campaign is MUCH better than BF3's but BF always fails when it comes to Campaign but yes it's playable due to you can snag up collectibles such as weapons and dog-tags to use in multiplayer throughout missions.

I believe EA/DICE stated they are going to stop with Campaign's and focus purely on MP from now on. Let's hope so!

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:06 PM

[quote name="AceKingston" post="1064375476" timestamp="1387946267"][quote name="meta187" post=
[/quote]

Also I heard the game is absolutely terrible on 360 and PS3 and PC.[/quote]

What?

What? Where did you hear that? I've enjoyed the game so far, ain't had no problems such as lag or the game freezing.

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Vette pass by, errbody looking

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:59 PM Edited by illegal_luggage, 25 December 2013 - 03:00 PM.

The game is still unplayable for me on the PC which is really frustrating having bought it thinking the issues were now gone. I get loads of jitter (not connection caused) because this game runs crap on an Nvidia system and there is still a bloody browser based server browser. I've tried all the usual fixes by unparking CPU cores, installing the latest DirectX which improved the performance slightly, but the game still stutters no matter what graphics settings I run. Along with that I have to wait about 2 minutes for the game to just load. In event viewer it shows my HDD usage as 1MB/s so something is broken in regards to loading the game. It's not my hard drive because it reads as healthy from SMART and other games load up quickly.

Avoid this game like the plague as its clearly been rushed out and is far from finished. Just stick to BF3

InstantCClassic
  • InstantCClassic

Gatorade me, b*tch.

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 08:51 PM

So glad I'm not the only one having stuttering issues. 

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:18 PM

What? Where did you hear that? I've enjoyed the game so far, ain't had no problems such as lag or the game freezing.

On PC, there's still a plethora of bugs and the like - despite the updates, people are still experiencing crashes, freezing, bad hit detection, EMP effect making the game unplayable, even the latest update made it so trying to play with SLI removes all foliage, reduces texture quality massively, sometimes removes water, the ground texture flickers and so on - apparently not an uncommon issue, but for anybody trying SLI. 

For consoles, they still have sounds coming in in layers slowly at the start of the game, crashing/freezing, joining lobbies itself can be bugged and more of the same from launch. 

That makes it sounds more than it is, it still works okay for the most part (sans no sound at start of game), I'd otherwise notice nothing wrong if I only played a few games. 

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Gaming] 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2010

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:21 AM

Is the multiplayer in BF4 on the PS4 servers broke or something? Been trying to log in to the EA Servers for the last two days. No Dice.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

I play both sides of the fence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:29 PM

Okay I take back what I said. I just lost my SP progression again last night on Xbox One. Only reason I tried it again because they said they "improved the saving capability in SP" in the latest patch notes from the Dec. 19 update. I was 6/7 missons complete too.

The only reason I'm trying to complete SP is for the extra guns they give you. I really liked the M249 LMG in BF3. I think I unlock it once you've done the seventh mission in SP. I have never had a freezing issue though. Even in the early days. Guess I was just lucky on that front.

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:50 PM

Okay I take back what I said. I just lost my SP progression again last night on Xbox One. Only reason I tried it again because they said they "improved the saving capability in SP" in the latest patch notes from the Dec. 19 update. I was 6/7 missons complete too.

The only reason I'm trying to complete SP is for the extra guns they give you. I really liked the M249 LMG in BF3. I think I unlock it once you've done the seventh mission in SP. I have never had a freezing issue though. Even in the early days. Guess I was just lucky on that front.

Is the singleplayer worth playing? I've always just played the multiplayer on BF games.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:23 PM

Is the singleplayer worth playing? I've always just played the multiplayer on BF games.

Not really in my opinion. Its mainly just the same old scene you see every year. Your character goes into a firefight. Then something happens where your character is falling or something of that sort. It looks cool, kinda like a scene out of a action movie. It hasn't changed at all though.   

I'm really just in it for the guns you unlock for MP which I think was a crappy idea. Well, it would be okay if SP actually saved correctly. So now I'm thinking they just did it so we would actually do the SP. LOL 

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:46 PM

Not really in my opinion. Its mainly just the same old scene you see every year. Your character goes into a firefight. Then something happens where your character is falling or something of that sort. It looks cool, kinda like a scene out of a action movie. It hasn't changed at all though.   

I'm really just in it for the guns you unlock for MP which I think was a crappy idea. Well, it would be okay if SP actually saved correctly. So now I'm thinking they just did it so we would actually do the SP. LOL

I reckon I'll give it a go sometime, can't be that bad, right? I did enjoy parts of BF3 singleplayer, it weren't too bad I guess, just cliche. Then again what can you expect when it comes down to modern war games.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:32 PM

Got this a couple days ago, Already completed the campaign which is quite short, MP is awesome and the maps are great, I find it odd that I can't customize my character before going into a server :/

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:06 PM

What platform are you on? PC allows you to customise before heading ingame through battlelog. Though I still think it's a big miss that there's no seperate "startup" possible like they promised. I want to head into a menu first to customise my settings/options/loadouts and such before browsing servers and joining them.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:10 PM

What platform are you on? PC allows you to customise before heading ingame through battlelog. Though I still think it's a big miss that there's no seperate "startup" possible like they promised. I want to head into a menu first to customise my settings/options/loadouts and such before browsing servers and joining them.

I'm on Xbox 360

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:08 PM

Battlefield is one of the only games where I don't even bother playing SP.

Mainly because it doesn't feel like Battlefield at all, it's a boring linear corridor shooter.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:24 PM

Unlocked Canted Ironsights for my M416 and they are brilliant, so easy to use in CQB, So now I can switch from ACOG to Irons quickly depending on the environment

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:52 PM

Issues people seem to be having with PC seen very patchy. RedDagger, do you have graphical issues on the latest Nvidia drivers? I only played very briefly with the last set but I've had a huge increase in performance since the newest driver update. ~50-60FPS on ultra with only very occasional stutter on larger MP maps.

android
  • android

Something witty, something sh*tty

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Mobile OS

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:55 PM

Well I got BF4 on Saturday and I've finished the SP Campaign already. I love it a lot :D

The multiplayer doesn't seem that bad, I've only played like three matches. It's fun so far.

.Polar_Bear.
  • .Polar_Bear.

Suave GAYmer

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:51 PM

Been playing Battlefield 4 on my PS4 and it's worth the money.  It's a challenge, but nothing feels better than getting kills with the Sniper Rifles in this game, getting kills with that .357 Magnum also feels great. 

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:24 PM

FPS games like Battlefield need a damn good story, it would make it seriously more fun and replayable and it would help FPS games actually improve in reviews as well as showing off the effort the developer puts into it. So far, it's just EA forcing their slaves to milk the damn game with DLC's and whatnot.

El Oso Blanco
  • El Oso Blanco

That guy with the AK

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:33 PM

So is the 360 version worth $40? I'm trying to decide on what game to buy with leftover Christmas money. Looking for something to couple with GTA Online to hold me over until I get a job and start saving for Xbox One/PS4. 

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:06 AM

Issues people seem to be having with PC seen very patchy. RedDagger, do you have graphical issues on the latest Nvidia drivers? I only played very briefly with the last set but I've had a huge increase in performance since the newest driver update. ~50-60FPS on ultra with only very occasional stutter on larger MP maps.

I was just repeating what others had said, as I'd seen lots of people complaining about those issues - I myself don't play on PC, but there did seem to be a lot of reports on those issues at the time. It's likely it could be a vocal minority complaining about the issue and blowing it to large than it is. 

I'd also like to say that I played yesterday and had no issues whatsoever in something like 4 hours of rush, however I never encountered hainan resort or dawnbreaker. The sound was all working fine.

So is the 360 version worth $40? I'm trying to decide on what game to buy with leftover Christmas money. Looking for something to couple with GTA Online to hold me over until I get a job and start saving for Xbox One/PS4. 

It's fairly good, if you're looking for a multiplayer game and like playing them it can last you a fair amount of time, however there are better genres to go to to get the most time in a single game, dependant on what you enjoy. 

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:24 PM

Okay, I finally finished the SP and got all the weapons unlocked. Had to do the last mission three times, three different ways. Which really took no time at all. The last mission is only 10 min. in length if you skip the intro. I just had to sit down one night and do it all back to back. Everytime I would let it save, I would lose it in the next few days. The M249 LMG is so worth the effort. I finally have a favorite gun in the support class in MP now. I do have a new favorite game mode, its Rush. What a mad man. Its only 32 players, but I like it alot.  

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:15 PM Edited by esmittystud101, 08 January 2014 - 06:23 PM.

Accuracy vs Stability

I was playing last night and just getting my head handed to me. I couldn't figure out why. I'm never this bad. I couldn't aim a weapon to save my life. So I'm going through all the weapons I'm using in each class to see what I changed on them, maybe causing my issues.

I had put heavy barrels on all my guns to give them more accuracy and less stability. I also put grips that would improve accuracy as well. Thinking this would improve my number of kills. This was a huge mistake, atleast for me. I couldn't hold the guns steady enough while shooting. As soon as I went back to the barrel attachments that give you more stability, muzzle brakes, compensators, and grips as well, angled grips, folding grips, I did so much better. I was killing guys left and right.

So what is your preferences on gun attachments? What do you roll with? 

edit: Not sure why this is spaced out the way it is. Can't fix it by editing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users