Quantcast

» «
Photo

Battlefield 4

1,417 replies to this topic
Menaced
  • Menaced

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:07 PM Edited by Menaced, 21 November 2013 - 12:09 PM.

Oh, sweet. Nice to see they've updated the L85 model to its more modern TES version. There's no way I'm not buying Second Assault.

I'm still playing this game like a madman. I agree to a point with some of the comments being made about the flanking on some maps. You do get killed from behind a whole lot and when it happens it does piss you off, but in a way I feel it adds some realism; you have to watch your flanks as you would in reality.

I do like the maps in BF4 though, more so than the BF3 ones, but that's probably because I play on PS3 and the maps feel a lot more populated in BF4 because they're smaller. I miss jungle maps, though. I don't see why they weren't included given the tropical setting of the game. I'm guessing they'll be DLC, just like the snow maps for BF3 were.

One thing I'm doing a whole lot more in BF4 is using the stationary weapons, especially the ones on Hainan Resort. They can be devastating when used against the attackers during the early stages of Rush.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

I play both sides of the fence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

How is Battlefield 4 running on any console or pc now? Are you getting kicked form games? Things like that. Just wondering

TommyAngelo
  • TommyAngelo

figure

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:27 AM

I play on PC.

Still experiencing a lot of crashes, probably had 3 or 4 in my 3 hour sitting last night.

lt_yao
  • lt_yao

Satie

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:05 AM

I haven't experienced that many crashes since the last updated. I only crash when my internet goes out. Other than that, I think it's an enjoyable game, apart from the maps, let me stress again.

I feel it's a bit rubbish with how DICE handles their "DLC". Gives you the crap version of the game at the start, and then you pay money to fix it to where it is enjoyable to you. I am talking map wise. They are a bit of a tosspot.

Menaced
  • Menaced

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:55 AM

I got booted out of a game for the first time yesterday. It has never happened to me before, though. I did experience a lot of freezing issues during the first week I got the game (just after release), but they all seem to have been fixed now.

There's still quite a few bugs in the game. The most annoying one, which plagues me all the time, is getting stuck under maps. Does this happen to anyone else? It seems to happen a lot on Paracel Storm for me. My whole squad spawned under the sunken aircraft carrier. We all had to redeploy which meant our team wasted 5 tickets. Does anyone else on PS3 get severe screen tear near one end of the sunken aircraft carrier, too?

lt_yao
  • lt_yao

Satie

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:16 PM

I got booted out of a game for the first time yesterday. It has never happened to me before, though. I did experience a lot of freezing issues during the first week I got the game (just after release), but they all seem to have been fixed now.

There's still quite a few bugs in the game. The most annoying one, which plagues me all the time, is getting stuck under maps. Does this happen to anyone else? It seems to happen a lot on Paracel Storm for me. My whole squad spawned under the sunken aircraft carrier. We all had to redeploy which meant our team wasted 5 tickets. Does anyone else on PS3 get severe screen tear near one end of the sunken aircraft carrier, too?

Haven't experienced falling under the map bug, but then again, I'm on PC. The only bug I am experiencing is the sh*tty net code, where I get shot behind walls.

The screen tearing probably is due to v-sync, I'm not sure whether you can force v-sync on/off on a console. Perhaps there's an option on the TV itself?

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:09 PM

I got to play some 64 player on xbox one last night. It was sick

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:33 AM

Not had any major issues concerning the MP at my end, but then again I`ve only clocked up probably around 1 hour online. Luckilly the MP has redeemed this game...what a f*cking horrible game the campaign is!

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:05 PM

I'm downloading Second Assult now. It looks good. Anyone try it yet?

Quackerz Gamerz
  • Quackerz Gamerz

Radio Ga Ga!

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:48 PM

Does anyone else get major FPS issues once near the central tower in Operation Locker once it has come down?

tubby custardd
  • tubby custardd

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:04 PM

So how is it on Xbox one?

Menaced
  • Menaced

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:20 AM

Haven't experienced falling under the map bug, but then again, I'm on PC. The only bug I am experiencing is the sh*tty net code, where I get shot behind walls.

The screen tearing probably is due to v-sync, I'm not sure whether you can force v-sync on/off on a console. Perhaps there's an option on the TV itself?

Cheers, I'll look out for a v-sync option. As for your net code problem - can't say I've ever suffered from that myself, but it does sound pretty sh*t.

Does anyone else get major FPS issues once near the central tower in Operation Locker once it has come down?

I've been getting FPS issues on PS3 all over the place, especially on Operation Locker in the corridors when sh*t hits the fan.

BarelyLegal
  • BarelyLegal

You're a cünt.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:04 AM

Not had any major issues concerning the MP at my end, but then again I`ve only clocked up probably around 1 hour online. Luckilly the MP has redeemed this game...what a f*cking horrible game the campaign is!

Mad love for Rhymesayers and Underground HipHop!

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:52 PM

I like it. I have had no issues on xbox one. It is crazy on 64 player match. Team deathmatch is good.

Mockage
  • Mockage

This Will Destroy You

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:50 AM

I've been getting FPS issues on PS3 all over the place, especially on Operation Locker in the corridors when sh*t hits the fan.

Yeah same, the FPS literally drops to like 10. It feels like I'm playing on my old laptop with a PS3 controller.

I can't wait to upgrade to the PS4 so I don't have to deal with the ugly graphics and just that whole "chunkiness" feeling (if you know what I'm talking about) when you're playing around 30FPS on the PS3. This game is meant to be played on 60+ FPS.

I like it. I have had no issues on xbox one. It is crazy on 64 player match. Team deathmatch is good.

Can you play 64 players on Operation Locker (TDM)? Cause if you can, f*ck.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:09 PM Edited by esmittystud101, 26 November 2013 - 03:10 PM.

Yeah same, the FPS literally drops to like 10. It feels like I'm playing on my old laptop with a PS3 controller.

I can't wait to upgrade to the PS4 so I don't have to deal with the ugly graphics and just that whole "chunkiness" feeling (if you know what I'm talking about) when you're playing around 30FPS on the PS3. This game is meant to be played on 60+ FPS.

Can you play 64 players on Operation Locker (TDM)? Cause if you can, f*ck.

You can play 64 player games on Operation Locker, but the layout of the map changes for each game mode. You can probably only play 32 player team deathmatch though. The 64 player matches are like large conquest, conquest. I think maybe Obliteration is 64 player match but i'm not certain. Rush is probably 64 player. But Obliteration is my new favorite game mode. The map gets demolished constantly. Take the Dam level for instance, you can destroy the dam itself and it will have a huge demolition. Snipers are usually hiding up there so when the damn goes you can see all them take there last look throught the scope because they are done. I suggest Obliteration for sure.

Mockage
  • Mockage

This Will Destroy You

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:18 AM

Yeah, I've played obliteration a few times and enjoyed it but in the end nothing beats rush for me. Playing it with 24 players gets sh*t to hit the fan once in a while but 64? My god.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:53 PM Edited by esmittystud101, 02 December 2013 - 03:48 PM.

I was wrong, Obliteration is only 32 player game mode. Its still nuts though. Team deathmatch is 20.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:41 PM

Bought this last night for PC for $25. I was really skeptical because I didn't like BF3 very much but for that price I couldn't resist. My name on Origin is Slosten, feel free to add me if anyone wants to squad up. I have a mic if you want to use voice chat (I definitely do).

lt_yao
  • lt_yao

Satie

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:45 PM Edited by lt_yao, 30 November 2013 - 09:53 PM.

Bought this last night for PC for $25. I was really skeptical because I didn't like BF3 very much but for that price I couldn't resist. My name on Origin is Slosten, feel free to add me if anyone wants to squad up. I have a mic if you want to use voice chat (I definitely do).

The voice chat is terrible, better off using something like TeamSpeak or Mumble.

Does anyone else feel like there's not enough space to properly maneuver in a jet on the stock maps? In BF3 you could go outside of the boundaries of the map, here you're confined to the same space as everyone else. I just can't turn around properly to re-initiate the fight.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:52 PM

I'd prefer one of those anyway. I have a Blue Yeti and I like using it to its full potential.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:51 PM

Bf4 is deffentily better to play with a couple of friends than alone. Me and a buddy earlier dominated for a good while on a map just at a check point. The only thing is I have to get re adjusted to playing Bf4 now. Its different to play compared to some others. Its kind of odd to be a foot soldier on such a huge map when there's huge air fights going on.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:04 AM

I am still getting the odd crash on loading maps and recently have been getting "lost connection" errors as a lot if not all the server drops out. It used to be the resort that crashed 100% of the time, now it is dawnbraker 75% of the time and the odd other few maps, though it is even more frequent with my friends.

Also has anyone got any word why the flying monkey f*ck there isnt a party system/squad lobby in the game?

It seems to baffle the mind that a game released in 2013 does not have any form of matchmaking, did they run out of money? Did the person who was supposed to be making that part of the game hang themself with an ethernet cable? What the f*ck is the deal here?

So much wasted time playing on opposite sides or waiting to join servers. There is not even a f*cking queue feature anymore.

These little things add up and it is a shame because the game is definitely fun and MUCH MUCH easier to kill than in BF3 with the removal of suppression which I am so grateful for. But I just don't get how Bad Company 2 could have been just a perfect battlefield representation and even BF3 felt much more of a grander scale than BF4 does.

Menaced
  • Menaced

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:24 AM

Also has anyone got any word why the flying monkey f*ck there isnt a party system/squad lobby in the game?

Was about to ask the same thing. It completely baffles me how there isn't a party system in BF4, considering BF3 had one which worked fairly well. It also irks me how you can no longer specify what maps you want to play when using the Quick Match option. Yesterday it was a total farce for me and my friend to play a game together. In BF3, all we had to do was invite each other into a party, then use the Quick Match option to find a game with our favourite map and enough empty slots. Whereas now, in BF4, one of us has to use the server browser to find a game, and then invite the friend into the same game. Takes the piss. It worked so well the way the had it before. 

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:23 PM

Anyone playing on the PS4??

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:59 PM

So I picked this up for the 360, and I've been getting the 'Disk Unreadable' error when trying to install the game from the Multiplayer disk. The SP disk works just fine, but the first disk is sh*t. Anybody have that problem? I've done some searches and see that other people have the same issue without much of a solution other than "it sometimes works after a while."

Mockage
  • Mockage

This Will Destroy You

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:07 PM

Was about to ask the same thing. It completely baffles me how there isn't a party system in BF4, considering BF3 had one which worked fairly well. It also irks me how you can no longer specify what maps you want to play when using the Quick Match option. Yesterday it was a total farce for me and my friend to play a game together. In BF3, all we had to do was invite each other into a party, then use the Quick Match option to find a game with our favourite map and enough empty slots. Whereas now, in BF4, one of us has to use the server browser to find a game, and then invite the friend into the same game. Takes the piss. It worked so well the way the had it before. 

This. I don't understand the deal with DICE. Why throw away a good feature in the newer game? It makes absolutely zero sense.

lt_yao
  • lt_yao

Satie

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:12 PM

This. I don't understand the deal with DICE. Why throw away a good feature in the newer game? It makes absolutely zero sense.

I sense it hasn't even been thought about to begin with.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:33 AM

I sense it hasn't even been thought about to begin with.

It feels like they left it out on purpose, so we are forced to join peoples games after seeing someone playing via battlelog and will probably end up turning it into some sh*tty facebook clone.

I still do not understand the purpose of the back button/select button menu, it serves no f*cking purpose, I couldn't give a steaming pile of sh*t/flying f*ck about setting friends missions that offers no f*cking reward or meaning. We could have kept it as the spot button, and re arranged the controls back to when getting in and out of vehicles and picking up items weren't a god damn chore by having to hold a button that never seems to work.

Or it could have just been an awesome squad menu and could easily help you with jumping in and out of games, unlike how sh*t it is now. What a waste of a much needed button.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:10 PM

Team Deathmatch on Siege of Shanghai, or Lancang Dam is tits

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users