Photo

Battlefield 4

1,347 replies to this topic
Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

They pretty much just lost my interest in this BF4 thing. I was hoping for something not as stupid as this

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (Johacamigames @ Monday, Mar 18 2013, 22:11)
QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Monday, Mar 18 2013, 15:53)
QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Monday, Mar 18 2013, 18:55)
That was a stupid teaser. Now we have to wait until March 27th?

It actually was one of the worst teasers i have ever seen in my life.... Can't even call it a teaser.

Are you sure? That video was pretty much the definition of a teaser, just an extreme teaser. sigh.gif

I am not the slightest bit teased. My interest in BF4 is no greater than it was before watching that "teaser" which in reality was possibly the biggest waste of video production i have ever seen.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Tuesday, Mar 19 2013, 09:50)
QUOTE (Johacamigames @ Monday, Mar 18 2013, 22:11)
QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Monday, Mar 18 2013, 15:53)
QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Monday, Mar 18 2013, 18:55)
That was a stupid teaser. Now we have to wait until March 27th?

It actually was one of the worst teasers i have ever seen in my life.... Can't even call it a teaser.

Are you sure? That video was pretty much the definition of a teaser, just an extreme teaser. sigh.gif

I am not the slightest bit teased. My interest in BF4 is no greater than it was before watching that "teaser" which in reality was possibly the biggest waste of video production i have ever seen.

What an understatement!

That barrel shift was the teaser? Hnuh?

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:24 PM

I find it a little odd that the trailer is releasing one day after the unvieling of the game. You'd think they'd show the trailer during the unvieling. I'd prefer if they weren't awkwardly seperated like this, but what can you do.

Also, some people really need to learn what a teaser is. For god sake the SR3 teaser was someone being kicked in the balls. Wake up people, that was a perfectly normal teaser. It did show off a beautiful, photo-realistic tank.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:42 PM Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 18 March 2013 - 11:48 PM.

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Monday, Mar 18 2013, 23:24)
I find it a little odd that the trailer is releasing one day after the unvieling of the game. You'd think they'd show the trailer during the unvieling. I'd prefer if they weren't awkwardly seperated like this, but what can you do.

Also, some people really need to learn what a teaser is. For god sake the SR3 teaser was someone being kicked in the balls. Wake up people, that was a perfectly normal teaser. It did show off a beautiful, photo-realistic tank.

Yeah but you expect such ridiculous bullsh*t from SR3, at least it showed some in game footage... You saw more of SR3 in the SR3 teaser than you did BF4 in the BF4 teaser.

If what i saw on the BF4 teaser was in game graphics then fair play, that's impressive. I bet it's not though. (EDIT : Just watched it again, yeah that's not in game footage, if it is then next gen is really something special..)

How you people are impressed by that teaser is beyond me, i guess i just have higher expectations.

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:57 PM

No one said they were impressed by that, we're saying that's a teaser.. you don't expect a 5 minute trailer to be a teaser. I'm sure they will upload YOUR definition of a teaser way later when marketing starts for now just suck it up this is also a teaser

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:57 PM

It was to be expected. The reveal is on the 27th no way in hell are they going to show anything now.

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Monday, Mar 18 2013, 18:42)
QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Monday, Mar 18 2013, 23:24)

Yeah but you expect such ridiculous bullsh*t from SR3, at least it showed some in game footage... You saw more of SR3 in the SR3 teaser than you did BF4 in the BF4 teaser.

If what i saw on the BF4 teaser was in game graphics then fair play, that's impressive. I bet it's not though. (EDIT : Just watched it again, yeah that's not in game footage, if it is then next gen is really something special..)

How you people are impressed by that teaser is beyond me, i guess i just have higher expectations.

Whether SR3 is or is not a good game wasn't the point -- it was the idea of a teaser. And you're probaly right, it's likely not in-game footage. But we'll have to wait until next week to see just how good it looks. Better than BF3, that's a given.

Teasers aren't supposed to impress us. We are not impressed. Teasers are supposed to tease -- build up your hype around confirmation of it's existence as well as its approaching unviel. I think the teaser did a pretty good job of teasing. I think your problem is, you're reacting to this teaser like you should be reacting to the upcoming trailer next Wednesday.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (Johacamigames @ Monday, Mar 18 2013, 23:57)
No one said they were impressed by that, we're saying that's a teaser.. you don't expect a 5 minute trailer to be a teaser. I'm sure they will upload YOUR definition of a teaser way later when marketing starts for now just suck it up this is also a teaser

Yeah i guess my comment "Can't even call that a teaser" was exaggerated, even so that's one f*cking awful teaser.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:39 AM

It's how you're supposed to tease... small details from the full trailer... really short + build anticipation for the date.

Yes, what you see what pretty much details of tank tracks/a tank starting up.

Is it BF related? Totally. Is it teasing? Damn right, ankle flashing ftw.

People who don't consider this as a teaser got their definitions of TRAILER and TEASER mixed up. Or consider them both the same thing. (saints row 4 teaser was a trailer... they got it wrong. Also a retarded franchise which is a different discussion).

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:48 AM

QUOTE (fullmetal @ Tuesday, Mar 19 2013, 01:39)
It's how you're supposed to tease... small details from the full trailer... really short + build anticipation for the date.

Yes, what you see what pretty much details of tank tracks/a tank starting up.

Is it BF related? Totally. Is it teasing? Damn right, ankle flashing ftw.

People who don't consider this as a teaser got their definitions of TRAILER and TEASER mixed up. Or consider them both the same thing. (saints row 4 teaser was a trailer... they got it wrong. Also a retarded franchise which is a different discussion).

Just to be clear, i do think it's a teaser, just a really bad one. But yeah, back on topic, i am looking forward to BF4.. (No thanks to that teaser)

the utah dude
  • the utah dude

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:08 AM

DICE will never have my money for that turd that's for sure, as an fan of the first two i was dissapointed that DICE killed the franchise with the third wich more like an COD with better graphic rather than a true battlefield, anyway i'm not surprised that EA use the franchise in an very similar way as acti with cod.

hopefully i will save a lot of money and a part of it has already got for bohemia interactive for arma 3 as usual for me since 2002.

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:57 AM

http://wccftech.com/...-november-2013/

Not too sure how legitimate it is. Should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:05 AM

QUOTE (tuareg @ Tuesday, Mar 19 2013, 22:57)

If it's set in 2020 this could be amazing.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:40 AM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Monday, Mar 18 2013, 22:19)
They pretty much just lost my interest in this BF4 thing. I was hoping for something not as stupid as this

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 04:05)
QUOTE (tuareg @ Tuesday, Mar 19 2013, 22:57)

If it's set in 2020 this could be amazing.

You really are all over the place. dozingoff.gif

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:45 AM

That was because of the stupid teaser thing. It's getting interesting again though.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:50 AM

Yeah more of a taster than a teaser, or maybe just a testicle.

I did really enjoy 2142, mostly only due to Titan mode but it seems like this even by the same god damn font and colors it is just going to be exactly the same as 3.

I swear though, if they cannot get more than 24 players I will be pissed off. BF2 played so much better than any other battlefield game ever made even just over bad co 2 just because of the extra player count, it made games so much more exciting.

We need more classic battlefield moments, less operation metro twatness.

We need the Bad Company 2 accuracy of guns back.

I would like to hit something other than the broad side of a barn in the next game.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:44 AM Edited by kudoboi, 20 March 2013 - 08:49 AM.

PC being the lead platform for the game.

geez i wonder how that turned out the last time dozingoff.gif

60FPS at 720P

what? only 720P? even mobile phones and tablets have at least 1080P. if next gen games will still run on only 720P then ill just stick to my PC.

DLCs were not surprising but micro-transactions? they better only be sh*t like dogtags and weapon skins.

also not mentioned in the article was this

Battlefield 4 Premium will be available on day one and include some perks, and some sort of integration between BF3 and BF4 will be available most likely through Battlelog-only.

there will be exclusive perks only to those who gets BF4 premium. hopefully they balance all these stuff but i have a feeling they won't at least until many patches later.

Most of the guns and vehicles from BF3 will return.

this actually makes me worried. it means that they are recycling content from the previous game.

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 10:15)
That was because of the stupid teaser thing. It's getting interesting again though.

You really need to make up your mind on video games.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:39 AM

I seriously hope the details are wrong just because of the 720p thing. Next-gen games should run at 1080p as a standard, no excuses.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE (Knife @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 11:39)
I seriously hope the details are wrong just because of the 720p thing. Next-gen games should run at 1080p as a standard, no excuses.

Not to be a dick, but aren't most console games (especially if we're talking about Xbox360 games) upscaled to 720 from a even lower resolution? And in some cases upscaled from lower resolutions up to 1080p (if that even happens?).

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

Damn it feels good to be gangsta

• Zaibatsu

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:11 PM

I too am put off by 720p. It's completely unacceptable and will no doubt look sh*tty. I know some current games are even lower then 720p but they do look f*cking sh*te. If you haven't got a gaming PC you may not notice but I when I switch back to my PS3 for exclusives or console only games the first thing that catches my eye is how muddy the whole image looks. 1080p60fps or nothing.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE (fullmetal @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 13:42)

Not to be a dick, but aren't most console games (especially if we're talking about Xbox360 games) upscaled to 720 from a even lower resolution? And in some cases upscaled from lower resolutions up to 1080p (if that even happens?).

Yes they are, but I'm talking about next-gen consoles. A number of smart phones run at 1080p, these consoles certainly should.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (Knife @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 15:53)
QUOTE (fullmetal @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 13:42)

Yes they are, but I'm talking about next-gen consoles. A number of smart phones run at 1080p, these consoles certainly should.

But in comparison you see that these martphones are actually using 10 year old graphics polished up in a 1080p res. Which is something you could say is similar to PC gaming 10 years ago.

And I am more than sure that true 720p for consoles would be really good looking. Especially if the "next gen" consoles finally add some damn heavy anti aliasing and such. I have always hated that with the current gen consoles.

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

Damn it feels good to be gangsta

• Zaibatsu

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

I rather have 1080p with NO AA then 720p with some.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (fullmetal @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 15:21)
But in comparison you see that these martphones are actually using 10 year old graphics polished up in a 1080p res. Which is something you could say is similar to PC gaming 10 years ago.

And I am more than sure that true 720p for consoles would be really good looking. Especially if the "next gen" consoles finally add some damn heavy anti aliasing and such. I have always hated that with the current gen consoles.

But these consoles are supposed to be lasting until the early 2020's. 1080p is the standard for TV's in 2013 and if people can't make their games run at that minimum I'm quite disappointed. It would be like at launch of the PS3, some games only running in 480p maximum.

I think you're right that 720p games will look very nice, in comparison to current-gen. But resolution is a part of moving forwards graphically. I know on my TV, true 1080 is noticeably crisper than 720.

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:06 PM Edited by Johacamigames, 20 March 2013 - 10:10 PM.

You can now get a "I Was There" dog tag if you log in on their website http://www.battlefie...m/battlefield-4

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

Holy sh*t, they are actually gonna show GAMEPLAY ?

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

Check it yo:

Battlefield 4

Get a dog tag, and unlock the art or so.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:13 PM

I just got my dog tag smile.gif Where have I seen this before? Where if the community does certain things, more stuff is unlocked?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users