Photo

Battlefield 4

2,037 replies to this topic
iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:27 PM Edited by iNero, 29 October 2013 - 03:27 PM.

I find it weird they chose siege of Shanghai as the beta map, since that's the one that seems to have the least destruction. One of the main things they seemed to be promoting for BF4 was the destruction, so they should've chosen a better map for destruction if they wanted the beta to be people's first impression...

agree. most likely they choosed it cause its one of the smallest so that current Gen Beta was good to go and people dont have to search hours to find an enemy. 

caspian on current gen was awful... only saw 1 enemy every 2 minutes

New Trailer btw:

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

A beta isn't supposed to make a good first impression, its a beta, if they wanted to make to a good first impression they wouldn't of released a beta at all considering its an unfinished game. Its to test their servers not to show off anything.

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:47 AM

Picked this up today. It looks absolutely terrible running on the Xbox 360, but I'm glad my progress stays on for when I get it on the Xbox One!

Can't wait.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:04 AM

I saw some videos and it didn't look much worse than BF3 did on current gen consoles... which was bad looking COMPARED to the PC version but allright on its own.

Got BF4 Deluxe Edition with it's pre order advantages and Premium... installing. :D

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:06 AM

Not sure why anyone would play this on current right now.. I'd wait until next-gen. What I'm doing anyways.. 

tuareg
  • tuareg

and everythin' that's shakin' in between

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Kazakhstan

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:29 PM

I'd buy it for the 360, but i'm also getting it for the ps4 and i only want to buy premium once. 

Foxhunt
  • Foxhunt

Highway To Hell

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:12 PM Edited by xFrostByte77x, 31 October 2013 - 05:13 PM.

I've been playing it on PC so far. Or I 'was' playing it. Suddenly yesterday every time I try to start the game, SP or MP, the game loads for about 5 seconds then crashes. Launch day I was running it on Ultra with no lag, now all of a sudden me and many others can't even get on the game. I do like what I've played so far though.

VCRules86
  • VCRules86

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:35 AM

Anybody else have an issue with really bad draw distance online on PS3? Little parts of the environment like bushes and rocks don't load unless I'm standing right next to them.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:22 AM

Loving it so far... though the MP needs alot of polishing up. Somewhat still rubberbanding issues like with any BF game that gets launched... we probably need a couple of weeks/patches before it's all smoothed out.

Playing it on PC. Game is demanding but yet a gain runs pretty damn good with alot of things maxed out to be honest :O. Still... so want a rig that runs this without breaking a sweat.

Also... I feel bad for REALLY looking forward to get my PS4 + this game. I'll have friends to play with (no one plays it on PC that I know IRL) and for some reason I really want to play it on a console. :O

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:54 AM

Not sure why anyone would play this on current right now.. I'd wait until next-gen. What I'm doing anyways.. 

Because my Xbox 360 progress stays over to the Xbox One version, that's why. In Australia at EB Games, I can basically hire the game for the next 3 weeks for free by buying it and returning it and then re-buying it again. I lose no money whatsoever, I get to learn the maps and I rank up my character and have fun. Why wouldn't I buy now?

Apex Predator
  • Apex Predator

git gud or get rekt

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:49 PM

I just finished the campaign and honestly, that has to be worst campaign in the history of video game campaigns. I mean I know it's an FPS game and I probably shouldn't have expected much, but that was just AWFUL.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:28 PM Edited by Audiophile, 02 November 2013 - 08:29 PM.

I am just enjoying the multiplayer. Have no desire to try out the single player campaign yet, it usually isn't that strong in a game like this and the MP is where it really shines. Playing on PC, by the way.

Just reached level 5 last night. They made it harder to level up in the sense that it takes a lot more XP to do so when compared to BF3.

Hoping to reach 10 soon since that's when commander opens up to you.

Quackerz Gamerz
  • Quackerz Gamerz

Radio Ga Ga!

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:52 PM

FInally got around to playing multiplayer for a couple of hours today, after completing the story and getting some SP achievements yesterday.

The maps are good, but will definatley be more fun once I make the move to next gen (currently playing on Xbox 360), considering the larger amount of players and better visuals.

I have become semi-decent at flying helos and jets in this game, after only a few moments of flying time.

I have found the levelling process to be slow, but enjoyable.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:44 AM

I'm really enjoying this, so far I've played a lot of conquest and a bit of rush, and I prefer rush - it's more action-packed and less jogging over a few hills to cap an objective. 

I have three main concerns, though: it crashes on dawnbreaker and resort when the level starts up sometimes. As in I have to dashboard and restart the game; just like PC, even though I'm on a console, part of the reason being is that I don't experience things like this. Okay...

Also, ditches made by explosives are waaay too annoying to traverse in vehicles. The jeep gets stuck, and the mobile artillery gets stuck, blown up by a tank, then slowly flips over for some weird reason.

Also, you can't edit kits outside of playing a game. Really? Why remove this from BF3, especially with all the new unlocks and customisation you can do? I find myself spending half of some games just looking at everything I've unlocked then changing it...

Banks.
  • Banks.

#AONLIU

• The Yardies
  • Colombia
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:07 AM

So I picked this up on Saturday. Played about 4 hours of the Multiplayer and it's awesome as expected. I played the first mission of the Campaign and thought it was okay but I've heard bad things about the story so I'll just play Multiplayer for now until I get to a good rank. 

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:15 PM Edited by UtricularEwe001, 04 November 2013 - 01:15 PM.

o_0   I never expected this but AC 4 has sold more than battlefield (at-least in PAL territories).

And on PC, Football manager 2014 sold more than BF4

http://www.chart-tra...t.jsp&ct=110032

Are people tired of Battlefield franchise?

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:20 PM Edited by illegal_luggage, 04 November 2013 - 01:31 PM.

I didn't even know this game had released until yesterday. No one on my Xbox friends list seems to be playing it and what I experienced in the beta has turned me off slightly. PC was unplayable because I need a RAM upgrade (4GB to 8GB) while on the Xbox I couldn't get settled in because of the different controls. As someone who loved BC, BC 2, and BF3 would you really recommend this game?

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:51 PM

o_0   I never expected this but AC 4 has sold more than battlefield (at-least in PAL territories).

And on PC, Football manager 2014 sold more than BF4

http://www.chart-tra...t.jsp&ct=110032

Are people tired of Battlefield franchise?

Guess AC has more players just like GTA. open Worlds haven a wider audience, especially when they get released less frequently and many of them are just bad.

Another reason is that BF4 doesnt work well at all atm.

tuareg
  • tuareg

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Kazakhstan

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:24 PM

Expect BF4 sails to skyrocket as soon as the new consoles launch. A lot of people are probably waiting for that.

I'm surprised the PC version didn't sell more, though.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:32 PM

Expect BF4 sails to skyrocket as soon as the new consoles launch. A lot of people are probably waiting for that.

AC4 will be released on Next Gen too. So I dont see that making a difference.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:56 PM Edited by RoadRunner71, 04 November 2013 - 09:56 PM.

They are already announcing and previewing DLCs, in this case the maps from BF3. They couldn't include these recycled maps in the main release, uh?

f*ck EA, f*ck DICE and f*ck BF. I'm not getting an incomplete product.
  • Street Mix, paul and Detective Phelps like this

Janky
  • Janky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:01 PM

I don't have the patience to wait. Besides it only cost $10 to trade it in and switch it to the next-Gen. 

tuareg
  • tuareg

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Kazakhstan

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:04 PM Edited by tuareg, 04 November 2013 - 10:04 PM.

AC4 will be released on Next Gen too. So I dont see that making a difference.

AC4 has more to offer on current gen than BF4 and vice versa when it comes to next gen.

Durden
  • Durden

Jack's blatant honesty

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:52 PM

I don't have BF4 yet (waiting for next-gen) but have a question about snipers.

With the most powerful sniper rifle, while using magnum ammo, how frequently do you get 1-hit-kills that are not headshots?

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:21 AM

I don't think snipers will ever be one hit kill unless of course the enemy has low health. Its just overpowered to have 1 hit kills and people would abuse it. While its not realistic it has to be fair.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:26 AM

In RL it depends on the Ammo. Small cal. Sniper wouldnt kill someone wearing a vest.
As much as I would like OHK Snipers in BF, it would destroy the balance. But you always can play hardcore.

And yes you can still make OHK in normal mode. It depends on how close you are to the enemy. Every Sniper has different stats so I dont know the exact distance.
But I think its like 15-20m OHK in the upper chest. If you are closer you also do OHK in other parts of the body.

But they added such a stupid random spread to snipers which makes it impossible to fire multiple shots. You have to wait ages after one shot before your next shot is accurate again. Many already complained about it and made videos.
It seems like a bug but also could be intended.
If thats the case then DICE totally ruined it... they reduced the Spots where Snipers could lay like miles away from the objective. They wanted to reduce camping snipers which dont help team at all. But then they nerfed the bolt actions at medium - short range by adding this spread. So at the end we will have even more Sniper Camper than in BF3...
Most people have no idea why they added this spread as sniping was well balanced in BF3 besides the supression on snipers which made the shots innaccurate and random.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2015
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:31 AM

So I thought the ammo issue wasn't fixed until the other day I was on a map and it was fixed, which was f*cking amazing.

Now if that and the hit markers could stay functional across the board, and they add in the party system and stop the crashes on the resort map, we would have an alright game here.

Though I love paracel and some others, the maps are insanely small, especially considering how much larger maps were on BF3, BC2 and even BC1 and MC.

I mean wtf.

Menaced
  • Menaced

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

Bought this game today and I've been playing through the campaign. So far, I must say I'm not too impressed by it. I don't know why, but I just can't get into it. I think I preferred the campaign of Battlefield 3; this one feels a little too over-the-top at times, and the constant scripted events start to gnaw on you after a bit.

I've encountered one or two bugs during my playthrough of the campaign- the most annoying of which was an objective not being triggered after I cleared a room of enemies. The NPC's just stood around staring at each other.

Other than that, I like the characters in the campaign, the graphics are stunning, and I like the controls and how they feel (apart from the vehicle ones - why the f*ck did they change accelerate/reverse to the analog sticks?).

I tried out the shooting range mode on the multiplayer, but the bastard game froze shortly I got into a Viper. Oh well, I'm sure I'll love the multiplayer when I try it out properly.

bread
  • bread

Nutrition Facts not needed

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:37 PM

Just picked up a copy today (after trading in my old COD games, including Black Ops 2) and I'm already in love with the game. Played the first mission which was alright; nothing too jaw-dropping but in a game like this you really can't expect much from the campaign considering it's all about the multiplayer.

Speaking of multiplayer, I played a few matches and I haven't had any problems at all. No freezing, no lag, no bugs - nothing (I'm on PS3, btw). The mechanics have improved a good amount as well. I like the peek over feature, that's a nice add-on along with several others. Took advantage of that and scored myself a few good kills with it.

There's still a few things that could be fixed (like every game) but other than that, this game is awesome and fun as usual. Can't wait to upgrade to next-gen with the stats I have now.

Quackerz Gamerz
  • Quackerz Gamerz

Radio Ga Ga!

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:54 PM

Been having a few issues with the game so far, but nothing too serious.

I've had a couple of freezes when loading a map, and a few times I've lost progress which sets me back a level or two. I hope this gets fixed ASAP as I would be around level 15 by now, by due to errors I keep having to reach rank 9 over and over again...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users