Battlefield 4

1,762 replies to this topic
Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

BF3's beta was quite a bit less stable than the release version, they'll probably sort the stability out. That's what a beta is for after all.

Anyway, this definitely feels like a CoD-level incremental update. If the HUD looked like BF3's I would think I was playing a new BF3 map. The thing that bugs me the most between game releases (across multiple series) is the re-use of certain sound effects. I've heard those game exact sounds over and over and it stops a game from feeling fresh.

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

Also getting massive FPS drops. I'm playing with the latest BETA drivers and on low latency servers I get massive rubberbanding, totally unplayable. I'll still buy it when it's released though as I'm a big Battlefield fan.

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

☛✔Goals Achieved: 1/1☚

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:26 PM

Played it yesterday, go to say I enjoyed it. It's a bit confusing, but I am sure I will get used to the new layout soon enough.

The guns seem to be more powerful, especially the Sniper rifles, I got a couple of one hit no scope and quick scope kills with it.

The USAS-12 seems to be abit OP, when I got killed with it, I thought someone was shooting with a f*cking grenade launcher.

This game is certainly worth a day 1 buy imo.  :^: 

tuareg
  • tuareg

that aaaaain't workin, that's the way you do it

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Kazakhstan

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

The suppression nerf already makes it more enjoyable than bf3. Finally i can shoot people with an lmg without getting killed instantly. I was holding down the flag in the shopping mall on my own for a good 3-5 minutes and it was intense as sh*t.

All in all it's not great and it's not terrible either. Will buy for the ps4.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:35 PM

The thing that bugs me the most between game releases (across multiple series) is the re-use of certain sound effects. I've heard those game exact sounds over and over and it stops a game from feeling fresh.

Yeah, I find it really annoying when a sequel does that (like GTA V, annoyingly), as important an input the screen is, what you hear is something else entirely. I'd wish for that to change with the screen, otherwise is really doesn't help making it seem like not-BF3.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:32 AM Edited by Daz, 07 October 2013 - 06:35 AM.

No more gigantic ammo pools which requires tighter teamwork.

This is f*cking stupid, BF2's system was much more sophisticated, and you didn't lose ammo. It compiled the unused ammo into a last remaining mag, that is why it wouldnt change from how many mags you had left, so it was essentially an ammo pool anyway.

I can spawn in, I fire my weapon once and hit reload, do that 4 more times and I have no ammo whatsoever. To me that is entirely unrealistic more so than having an ammo pool.

The only other game I can think of that doesn't use ammo pools other than simulators were the SOCOM games but even those let you cycle through your 5+ magazines at will to see what ammo you had left in them. At least that way you cant just accidently waste your ammo by reloading out of habit because of how every game has tought you to in the last 10 years.

This is not a simulator, far from it, if people need more than 2 shots to die then we need ammo pools back, not because it is more ammo, or an "unrealistic amount" but because we have been tought to always top up our magazines in games, you can't just go and change that.

I hope it is only for hardcore because that would be a gamebreaker for me, I have to play support just to make sure I don't end up with no ammo.

Infact, MOH Warfighter had infinite ammo on your pistol, and on the LMG's and even an 'infinite clip' when used in bipod mode and I feel that game was more realistic than most FPS shooters.

There is no reason to cap basic ammo, people are always going to be dying and having more ammo and it is not like it will cause a drop in how much people fire their weapon, so just let us have our god damn f*cking ammo for christ sake.

And it sucks I can't get grenades or airburst rounds from ammo bags now.

My only issue was the control change, now it is the ammo situation. So hopefully that will be HC only, otherwise I will not even bother with this.

Forzum
  • Forzum

Fossy

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:40 PM

After trying out the BF 4 beta I have truly no idea if I should get cod or BF 4 first as a lunch title for the PS4. 

I've always been a cod player, I like it to be fast paced and close quarters, but after trying out the bf 4 beta I gotta say I really enjoy it, and to think that we will even have up to 64 players just sounds awesome. 

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:45 PM

After trying out the BF 4 beta I have truly no idea if I should get cod or BF 4 first as a lunch title for the PS4. 

I've always been a cod player, I like it to be fast paced and close quarters, but after trying out the bf 4 beta I gotta say I really enjoy it, and to think that we will even have up to 64 players just sounds awesome. 

I'm aware that i probably sound like a c*nt right now but f*ck it, grow some hairs on your chest, get a mans game. COD is for smooth chested pre teens. Battlefield is a real war game.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

That teasing against CoD lol

10422247996_d676fb16bb_o.gif

Looks quite awesome imo

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

Waiting for the next battlefield.... 4 looks exciting BUT it is still a lot of the same. Maybe I'll pick it up when the price drops.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:30 AM

What annoys me about women in military games is that there is always way too much emphasis on the fact there is a female in the game, and they have to make that point stick out. Either have female soldiers and shut the f*ck up about it, or do without it. Why do we never get an actually cool, strong silent type, that is just within the background of the squad and the mention of her gender is not even noticed, why can't we have that? Nobody ever matched Sarah Connor's professionalism from T2, so until they can make something realistic then I refuse to accept their story as anything other than some pathetic attempt at trying to break a taboo that clearly fails as soon as they portray them in the whiney nagging bitch type they do here.

Anyway, I decided to go ahead and order on 360 from GAME, as at least I get some real life dogtags with the order. I cannot justify buying a PS4 only for BF4 and on top of that have to start up a PS+ subscription just for that game alone. Now that Watch Dogs is delayed I may as well delay my move to next gen, so I think the smartest idea is to play it now then get more out of it at a later date. At least this way I can fully appreciate what the next gen versions offer.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:13 PM Edited by iNero, 25 October 2013 - 05:14 PM.

52082_IGN.png

LevelCap:

jackfrags:

pokemon123
  • pokemon123

stuff

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:58 AM

ehh i am not sure if i will get battlefield 4

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:09 AM

Waiting for the next battlefield.... 4 looks exciting BUT it is still a lot of the same. Maybe I'll pick it up when the price drops.

Me too, downloaded the beta and played it for 20 mins and deleted it. Idk why but it didn't impress/interest me.

I want bad company 3 :(

KingFZ
  • KingFZ

Killer Of Your Fate

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:48 PM Edited by KingFZ, 26 October 2013 - 01:50 PM.

See the only Battlefield 4

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:20 PM

See the only Battlefield 4

already posted 3 posts above

Quackerz Gamerz
  • Quackerz Gamerz

Radio Ga Ga!

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

This really is the only game I'd buy a next-gen console for at this point in time.

I played the beta on Xbox, but after seeing PC gameplay of it, seeing all the extra details, 64 players and more vehicles, I almost wanted to go out and buy a PC to play it on right there and then...

The thing I'm really excited for in this game has to be the amount of customization, from gun camos and attachments, to the colours of your chopper or tank. I really don't know why CoD is even a competitor to this game.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:14 PM Edited by NYC PATROL, 26 October 2013 - 06:14 PM.

Me too, downloaded the beta and played it for 20 mins and deleted it. Idk why but it didn't impress/interest me.

Yeah Bad Company 3 would be sweet. It's their first go around on next gen so I'll give them a break but the next one afterwards needs to be all out. You should be able to level over 90-100 % of buildings in a map. Not 40-50% like how it seems now.

That's the fun of battlefield, destruction. DICE needs to up the destruction x 100 after 4. Bad company 2 showed us how much fun it is to level every building on a small scale. It changes gameplay dramatically. The unpredictability was amazing.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

Yeah Bad Company 3 would be sweet. It's their first go around on next gen so I'll give them a break but the next one afterwards needs to be all out. You should be able to level over 90-100 % of buildings in a map. Not 40-50% like how it seems now.

That's the fun of battlefield, destruction. DICE needs to up the destruction x 100 after 4. Bad company 2 showed us how much fun it is to level every building on a small scale. It changes gameplay dramatically. The unpredictability was amazing.

so that Jets,Tanks and Choppers have even more power?!  :blink:

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

Yes destructability is awesome and yes it changes gameplay. Though to be honest Bad Company games are being overrated big time. 

Hold your horses, I'm not saying they're bad games. On the contrary they were great fun and good games. Though in a way I like Battlefield 3 and 4's approach more. Bigger maps, more detailed and immersive environments and destruction that still has enough gameplay changes though are less 'drastic'. It's hard to find a good working concept.

Because, admit it you Bad Company fanboys... all you could level completely were the same types of houses over and over again. They were the same simplistic structures (remember the Lighthouse from that one 'jungly' map? You couldn't level that at all). 

It's hard for a game to have alot of destructability and still be playable/enjoyable with the massive ammount of players we all want. I still think DICE is doing a great job exploring and testing the limits (and yes they have two franchises in their hands within the BF franchise that they're doing so with).

Cannot wait for this game and looking forward to playing it. Singleplayer seems somewhat more interesting this time around though I'll try not to expect too much of it (which I did for BF3 and was actually let down if I have to be honest).

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:45 PM Edited by NYC PATROL, 27 October 2013 - 11:46 PM.

Yes destructability is awesome and yes it changes gameplay. Though to be honest Bad Company games are being overrated big time. 

Hold your horses, I'm not saying they're bad games. On the contrary they were great fun and good games. Though in a way I like Battlefield 3 and 4's approach more. Bigger maps, more detailed and immersive environments and destruction that still has enough gameplay changes though are less 'drastic'. It's hard to find a good working concept.

Because, admit it you Bad Company fanboys... all you could level completely were the same types of houses over and over again. They were the same simplistic structures (remember the Lighthouse from that one 'jungly' map? You couldn't level that at all). 

It's hard for a game to have alot of destructability and still be playable/enjoyable with the massive ammount of players we all want. I still think DICE is doing a great job exploring and testing the limits (and yes they have two franchises in their hands within the BF franchise that they're doing so with).

Cannot wait for this game and looking forward to playing it. Singleplayer seems somewhat more interesting this time around though I'll try not to expect too much of it (which I did for BF3 and was actually let down if I have to be honest).

But even though they were basically all similar destructible buildings the point is that they were all fully destructible lol. It felt so cool to see in the beginning of a match a nice built up area and then throughout the match it would look like a totally different area. It changed peoples attacks. People would always be hiding in buildings. Then a few well placed explosives and that camper is forced to pack up and move their tail.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:58 AM Edited by iNero, 28 October 2013 - 05:59 AM.

Bad Company had way less vehicles on the map.
In BF4 with like 4 choppers, 4 Jets, 8 or more tanks, LAVs,a commander with access to tomahawks and so on PLUS a lot more explosive weapons, the map would become an unbalanced clusterf*ck.
Infantry would be impossible to play as.

I remember how it was a mess when there was a good player in the chopper in BC2... it was so hard to take down a chopper cause you first had to mark the chopper with a pistol before you could lock on. A good chopper pilot had about 50:3 k/d at the end almost everytime cause people couldnt find any cover at some point of the match.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:49 AM

Watched some SP gameplay on YouTube. One question. Why do you even bother making an SP Campaign for this type a game. I have seen p0rn films which have better story than this.

On a side note, how many pre-orders does BF4 have? Its seems like it is considerably lower than BF3.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:10 AM

And the point of having all cover being able to get blown up is? It's all cool and great... but just as on the Shanghai map I prefer the tower being erected and not taken down.

Yes it's all great, awesome and cool stuff exploding, being able to wreck things/ruin it all... yes it's great to have such an evolution and influence of a map being "played" on and this being visible on the map at the end of a round...

But again: NO cover at all so infantry = useless... I really hated that in BC2. You still have the destruction in 3/4 but you still have the chance to pick out good cover. Overall you stand a better chance against anything. (though they really ruined the suppression in BF3 by rewarding bad players/spraying folk).

And I prefer having a in general more believable, realistic world that feels "real/lived in" and still having enough destruction/destructability rather than the same old prefab houses on ALL the maps with just a little retexture/retone that are pretty much empty that can be completely ruined. Yes it's cool you can level it all.... but the maps got boring REAL fast to be honest. In the end you just stick to two or three maps that you really loved just because of the layout...

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:20 AM

And the point of having all cover being able to get blown up is? It's all cool and great... but just as on the Shanghai map I prefer the tower being erected and not taken down.

Yes it's all great, awesome and cool stuff exploding, being able to wreck things/ruin it all... yes it's great to have such an evolution and influence of a map being "played" on and this being visible on the map at the end of a round...

But again: NO cover at all so infantry = useless... I really hated that in BC2. You still have the destruction in 3/4 but you still have the chance to pick out good cover. Overall you stand a better chance against anything. (though they really ruined the suppression in BF3 by rewarding bad players/spraying folk).

And I prefer having a in general more believable, realistic world that feels "real/lived in" and still having enough destruction/destructability rather than the same old prefab houses on ALL the maps with just a little retexture/retone that are pretty much empty that can be completely ruined. Yes it's cool you can level it all.... but the maps got boring REAL fast to be honest. In the end you just stick to two or three maps that you really loved just because of the layout...

i like destructable cover.

cod kiddy just bought the game and is used to proning in corners?

blow up the building he is in :D

tuareg
  • tuareg

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Kazakhstan

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:05 AM

After playing the beta for so long i came to the conclusion that i'm really not blown away by bf4, but now that i've seen most of the maps on youtube i made a complete 180. It looks to be great.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:01 AM

9xBb87a.png

Ha!

Maybe they haven't activated the (infinite power of the) cloud yet?

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

You sing about breaking faces! LCHC!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:25 AM

I remember how it was a mess when there was a good player in the chopper in BC2... it was so hard to take down a chopper cause you first had to mark the chopper with a pistol before you could lock on. A good chopper pilot had about 50:3 k/d at the end almost everytime cause people couldnt find any cover at some point of the match.

They're not that hard to take out. There's plenty of tools around to shoot from without needing tracers (tanks, AA guns, turrets, humvees, ...). Don't expect to be able to take it out if your whole team sucks tho.

but the maps got boring REAL fast to be honest. In the end you just stick to two or three maps that you really loved just because of the layout...

Never got bored of them myself, considering all of them are free :p

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

I find it weird they chose siege of Shanghai as the beta map, since that's the one that seems to have the least destruction. One of the main things they seemed to be promoting for BF4 was the destruction, so they should've chosen a better map for destruction if they wanted the beta to be people's first impression...

tuareg
  • tuareg

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Kazakhstan

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:22 PM

Not destruction as much as "levolution" wich isn't necessarily achieved by destroying the environment. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users