Photo

Battlefield 4

1,663 replies to this topic
RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:02 PM Edited by RoadRunner71, 07 September 2013 - 01:03 PM.

One thing I hope for in BF4 is that more buildings can completely collapse.

I'm not talking about like the skyscrapers, but take Kharg Island in BF3 for example:

The gas station building, and the smaller buildings around the B flag in Conquest could be destroyed, yet the larger hangers, like the ones next to the C and D flags could not be destroyed completely. 

It annoyed me that almost every wall could be taken out of those buildings, yet the roof would never cave in, unlike the smaller buildings, and kind of took away some of the immersion for me, knowing that I would be safe from  helis/jets, as they couldn't take away my cover.

But on the opposite end of the spectrum, if every single building could be destroyed, the infantry would stand no chance against the enemy's air vehicles, as they would have no cover.

I guess they would have to make use of the camo to hide from planes, maybe cover inside the building debris. Couldn't in BC2 almost every building collapse?

By other hand, I hope snowy maps like the ones from BC2 return.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:51 PM

system specs revealed

mi1D7vN.png

The following are the minimum system requirements to be able to run Battlefield 4:

Processor (AMD): Athlon X2 2.8 GHz
Processor (Intel): Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz
Memory: 4 GB
Hard Drive: 30 GB
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon 3870
Graphics card (NVIDIA): Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT
Graphics memory: 512 MB

638E2Nb.png

These are the recommended system requirements for Battlefield 4:

Processor (AMD): Six-core CPU
Processor (Intel): Quad-core CPU
Memory: 8 GB
Hard Drive: 30 GB
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon 7870
Graphics card (Nvidia): NVIDIA GeForce GT 660
Graphics memory: 3 GB

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:19 PM

3GB VRAM? That's a bit hefty.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Looks like the diversion worked!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:12 PM Edited by DarkKingBernard, 14 September 2013 - 12:13 PM.

Lmao, the atv can fit in the elevator and go to the top.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

^ Haha, I can see a lot of trolling coming.

A new official multiplayer video.

Good to see that now tanks can finally go through walls...

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:31 PM

Don't be excited just yet... might just be specific walls which I'm afraid for. Nonetheless this looks f*cking great. GTAV/BF4 are the games I'll be wasting my time on alot. Goddamn it... just when you think you're "getting older/more mature/more serious" in life all these great games and new consoles get released. 

Can't WAIT!!!!! Finally more customisation, sidearm customisation, P226 (f*ck yeah SEALS!)...

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:06 PM

the open Beta starts on October 1st. They changed the dates as it seems. but does someone know when the beta starts for guys who get early access to it?

karaokequeen3
  • karaokequeen3

O.A.P.

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:32 PM

the open Beta starts on October 1st. They changed the dates as it seems. but does someone know when the beta starts for guys who get early access to it?

I would expect it to be up and running in Europe before the evening rush, so probably 6/7pm CET...

In any case, not long left to go!

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:53 PM

I'm glad the BF4 open beta is on the 4th because I get to play GTAO first, instead of choosing if I got premium or pre-ordered special edition.

Ah, those people who pre-ordered warfighter. How annoyed they are.

Anyhoo, it's just siege of shanghai conquest, right?

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:58 PM

I'm glad the BF4 open beta is on the 4th because I get to play GTAO first, instead of choosing if I got premium or pre-ordered special edition.

Ah, those people who pre-ordered warfighter. How annoyed they are.

Anyhoo, it's just siege of shanghai conquest, right?

??? you dont need MoH to play the Beta early

You get early access by either being a Premium Member, Pre Order BF4 or by owning the Warfighter Limited Edition...

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:15 PM

??? you dont need MoH to play the Beta early

You get early access by either being a Premium Member, Pre Order BF4 or by owning the Warfighter Limited Edition...

Yar I know,  it's just that lots of people got the warfighter limited edition (sorry, got that bit wrong) because they though that was the only way to get into the BF4 beta or early. They got stuck with a game most of them disliked, and lots of them had premium and/or would pre-order the deluxe edition (http://blogs.battlef...s-the-bf4-beta/). 

And it's only three days early.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:44 AM

For anyone who says this is 'just' a meager upgrade from BF3... you can't be any more wrong. This is actually how you make a good succesor 'pretty quick' after 2 years of your previous game. Alot of improvements, alot of tweaks, bigger, better, more, improved...

Beta is stuttering as amotherf*cker eventhough I run it smoothly with recommended settings (which is ultra/high on everything). Hopefully its going to be fixed (suing the newest drivers which they recommended though)

Banana
  • Banana

Ghetto Star

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:25 PM

I so heard there was an open beta for this coming out today. Is it free on PSN?

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:30 PM

I so heard there was an open beta for this coming out today. Is it free on PSN?

'Open' beta for those who purchased Premium, BF4 deluxe edition or MOH:W limited/deluxe edition.

Actual open beta on the 4th until 15th.

http://blogs.battlef...s-the-bf4-beta/

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:29 PM

I haven't got round to playing yet, I am looking forward to the removal of the suppression inaccuracy but not looking forward to the dumbed down helicopter controls. There was nothing wrong with it before and it was easy to fly.

Though I hear apparently the spot button is now RB, I mean honestly what the living sh*t? If this is true and if you cannot change your controls I may have to never play this game. What kind of f*cked up son of a bitch would ever think that was a good idea.

I honestly don't know why we cant just totally respec all the controls as we wish, or at least offer something other than the completely pointless normal and southpaw options. Give us a COD control setup, a BF3 setup, a Rainbow Six setup, a Halo setup, how f*cking hard is that?

Anyway if I have time I may try the game when I get off work.

Hopefully I can get the Five-seveN, shot one in real life a couple of weeks ago, totally inlove with it.

• yakuza warlord likes this

yakuza warlord
  • yakuza warlord

Always outnumbered, never outgunned.

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:23 PM

For anyone who says this is 'just' a meager upgrade from BF3... you can't be any more wrong. This is actually how you make a good succesor 'pretty quick' after 2 years of your previous game. Alot of improvements, alot of tweaks, bigger, better, more, improved...

Beta is stuttering as amotherf*cker eventhough I run it smoothly with recommended settings (which is ultra/high on everything). Hopefully its going to be fixed (suing the newest drivers which they recommended though)

I guess I just long for a very difficult game.  I dont care that a building can collapse,  I dont care about redesigned vehicles, combat mechanics, or anything of the sort.  I just want a game where it is infinitely impossible to max out your character and stats on the day of launch.

• Daz likes this

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:02 PM

I haven't got round to playing yet, I am looking forward to the removal of the suppression inaccuracy but not looking forward to the dumbed down helicopter controls. There was nothing wrong with it before and it was easy to fly.

Though I hear apparently the spot button is now RB, I mean honestly what the living sh*t? If this is true and if you cannot change your controls I may have to never play this game. What kind of f*cked up son of a bitch would ever think that was a good idea.

I honestly don't know why we cant just totally respec all the controls as we wish, or at least offer something other than the completely pointless normal and southpaw options. Give us a COD control setup, a BF3 setup, a Rainbow Six setup, a Halo setup, how f*cking hard is that?

Hopefully I can get the Five-seveN, shot one in real life a couple of weeks ago, totally inlove with it.

Why not changing controlls before moaning???
They are exactly like in BF3 when switching settings...

@ Beta

So far it is really good but the performence on Xbox and PS3 really isnt the best. Especially when the skyscraper collapses tland dust is everywhere, the framerate goes down. Thats defnitly a game you should play on Next Gen or PC.
Netcode is much better than in BF3.

Weapons have way more recoild than in BF3. You really have to burst fire on distance with th AK12

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:49 PM Edited by Daz, 03 October 2013 - 07:34 AM.

Why not changing controlls before moaning???
They are exactly like in BF3 when switching settings...

Maybe if you read my post you would see I said I hadn't tried the game yet and was asking a question if you could even change the controls.

Read the post next time.

Anyway I played for a couple minutes earlier, you defo die instantly now, people seem a bit easier to kill which is good but if you spawn into a sh*tty area you are gunna get f*cked.

I was loving the pistols, the game almost feels like more of MOH Warfighter (which had really good multiplayer) rather than battlefield 3 which felt more like the first MOH game which had worser multiplayer.

I love that you can use your pistol in the water, and that you can finally tap the trigger on your rifle to hit people at long range just like in BC2, I missed that so much.

The main thing I hate is that entering vehicle is the X button and you have to hold it. No more instantly spawning into vehicles when you want to or getting a quick exit from a helicopter dropping you off. And for what? a f*cking commorose thing, I mean jesus christ what a load of sh*t.

I really really really wish there was an option to never have that lame ass social sh*te on the back button, return that button to being the spot button and hold for leaderboard, and return the enter vehicle button to the B button.

I also noticed the littlebird is a f*cking whore machine now. It darts around WAY too fast, no way in hell can you ever hit one with an RPG now. That really needs to be toned down, also I couldn't even take off when I attempted one, f*cking every button hit except take off.

I was a great pilot in BF3 and there was nothing wrong with the heli controls. Maybe put the entire aiming on the right stick and all the movement to the left stick but thats about it.

android
  • android

Something witty, something sh*tty

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Mobile OS

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:51 AM

The beta is perfect. 

I stopped playing FPS games a while ago.. well not a long time ago but I honestly haven't touched a competitive FPS game since January. Last FPS game I played was basically Black Ops 2. I tried this out yesterday and I loved it so much.. it feels like a refresh for me. I will most definitely pick this up on release day. 

lt_yao
  • lt_yao

Satie

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:33 PM Edited by lt_yao, 04 October 2013 - 03:34 PM.

Well, to be fair, after playing the beta, I am quite disappointed. Guns have 0 recoil, I can run around with a sniper rifle as if it was just a normal rifle, quick scope and get a kill. Same goes for every other weapon, apart from the heavy machine gun, those just have a bigger bullet spread than others, which is the only reason why it is harder to hit with them.

Also the graphics feel way too sterile, and the props feel way too bulky to me. As if everything has been scaled up at least twice.

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Vette pass by, errbody looking

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:19 PM Edited by illegal_luggage, 04 October 2013 - 08:20 PM.

Tried playing the beta on my 360 but I just go on a infinite loop of loading the map. No servers show up on the broswer and it takes ages to join a game. Tomorrow I'll redownload the game and check my network settings. I hate the new controls, why can't they include BF3 controls? They keep adjusting the game to please CoD players ffs. On the PC the game is also unplayable, I get very bad stutter and changing the graphics settings does nothing to help. I've tried three different drivers and nothing has changed.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:32 PM

Well, to be fair, after playing the beta, I am quite disappointed. Guns have 0 recoil, I can run around with a sniper rifle as if it was just a normal rifle, quick scope and get a kill. Same goes for every other weapon, apart from the heavy machine gun, those just have a bigger bullet spread than others, which is the only reason why it is harder to hit with them.

Also the graphics feel way too sterile, and the props feel way too bulky to me. As if everything has been scaled up at least twice.

no idea what you are talkin about. Snipers are the same, movement is slowed down compared to BF3, 

And the guns have way more recoil. No idea how people can say that BF4 has no recoil... WTF?!

The AK alone has huge horizontal recoil.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:05 AM

Why the f*ck is there not an ammo pool like normal?

What f*cking moron thought it was a good idea that if I shoot 2 rounds in my LMG and then reload, I lose 44 rounds, it is not like I am throwing that magazine away. This is not a f*cking simulator. It makes no f*cking sense, and if I werent a support kit I could just lose all my ammo by shooting and reloading a bunch of times.

f*cking moronic.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:51 AM

To be honest I like all the tweaks thus far. 

OK now a tip for all PC gamers once again. ONCE THE GAME has loaded/you are INGAME you have to SHUT DOWN your browser/battlelog. This wil severely reduce the stuttering/lag you might experience. (also alot of people notice a big difference when having the beta drivers installed or simply up to date drivers for your graphics card).

I also experienced alot better preformance. Though keep in mind this is a beta and (what alot of people assume it to be) simply an old build from E3 that isn't optimised for "weaker machines" other than the NASA power machines that were used at E3 to run the gameplay build at E3.

And again. I think they balanced it quite properly. Most weapons have alot more recoil and power to them. No more gigantic ammo pools which requires tighter teamwork. Classes are much more dynamic yet require to be played well in team to be effective (recon can be a stand alone usefull class just like any other class yet again.... whilst playing all the classes in coordinated you can be much more succesful).

So... if DICE properly smooths out the issues we experience (preformance wise/fixes the crashes/....) this game will be a rock solid and highly enjoyable FPS game. Keep in mind I'm speaking from the PC gamers POV and only have playtested the PC beta.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:18 AM

Played the BETA on PS3 and disliked it. I'll try getting on it tomorrow to judge it fairly, but right now, in my opinion, that sh*t ain't so Balla

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

I'm quite liking it so far on 360, but my main complaints are with the map.

When I first played, it was after the skyscraper had collapsed, covering the ground in dust. Now this would have worked if not for the fact the dust layer seems to be completely flat and textureless, and a similar colour to non-textured models in 3d models; it looked like I had a bug where everything lost its texture apart from moving things like vehicles, fire and people. 

Also, the map seems so empty; combined with the dust cover, the roads are long stretches of flat grey with near no objects on them, which makes it feel kinda bland.

Still fun though.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Looks like the diversion worked!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:22 AM

Why the f*ck is there not an ammo pool like normal?

What f*cking moron thought it was a good idea that if I shoot 2 rounds in my LMG and then reload, I lose 44 rounds, it is not like I am throwing that magazine away. This is not a f*cking simulator. It makes no f*cking sense, and if I werent a support kit I could just lose all my ammo by shooting and reloading a bunch of times.

f*cking moronic.

Guess It's going back to the roots. It was like that in BF2. But I heard it will be a Hardcore only feature in the full game.

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

Vice City ain't a Nice City

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:57 AM

^ Haha, I can see a lot of trolling coming.

A new official multiplayer video.

Good to see that now tanks can finally go through walls...

Shut up and take my money!!! *throws money at the screen*

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:04 AM

no idea what you are talkin about. Snipers are the same, movement is slowed down compared to BF3, 

And the guns have way more recoil. No idea how people can say that BF4 has no recoil... WTF?!

The AK alone has huge horizontal recoil.

Yeah I stopped reading after he said there's no recoil.. he must be crazy lol

Not really impressed with the beta, and for some reason I'm getting HUGE fps drops during gameplay.. mean while I can run BF3 maxed without any hiccups.

Sure this is an early build but so far this is holding me back from even thinking of pre-ordering. 

Chrome_Adderz
  • Chrome_Adderz

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:11 AM

Me and my mom are having great fun with BF4.

:D

My sister just lost a race in GTA V and now my mom died in BF4. :D

Luckily, we haven't heard a single swearing or I'd be grounded again. XD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users