Quantcast

» «
Photo

Battlefield 4

1,365 replies to this topic
tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:52 PM Edited by tuareg, 23 August 2013 - 04:55 PM.

Edit: They've confirmed 64 players for next gen and i'd be seriously surprised if the finished game would look like bf3 does now on current gen consoles.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:00 PM

That's why I'm not in a rush to get a Next-Gen system. 1st games for any system are always
great looking but could be better in some areas.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:37 AM

Managed to get some CheyTac M200 Intervention Gameplay

The Sound is so awesome

+ Dragonjack +
  • + Dragonjack +

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (iNero @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 10:37)
Managed to get some CheyTac M200 Intervention Gameplay

The Sound is so awesome

Mother of God - that video is like; World At War 3 just started? ...

..I wanna get this game, so bad! It looks insane!

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

☛✔Goals Achieved: 1/1☚

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE (Daz @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 15:25)

LMG's are even worse:

user posted image

Support looks damn near identical to BF3 Russian one. whatsthat.gif

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:56 AM

Not really looking at videos or live streams, but /r/battlefield_4 is showing loads if little improvements and additions.

I must say that battlefield 4 is turning out to have so much nice stuff in it, from the small (like not having to start reloads all over again) to the big (levolution in general).

Man, I can't wait.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:26 AM

QUOTE (RedDaggerXL @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 04:56)
Not really looking at videos or live streams, but /r/battlefield_4 is showing loads if little improvements and additions.

I must say that battlefield 4 is turning out to have so much nice stuff in it, from the small (like not having to start reloads all over again) to the big (levolution in general).

Man, I can't wait.

then you could probably help me voting this up biggrin.gif

http://www.reddit.co...niper_gameplay/

its already on page 1 but only at the bottom

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE (GTAction99 @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 01:39)

LMG's are even worse:

user posted image

Naw, that's the russian. Check this out:

user posted image

Would be cool if the American one had a kufiyya instead of the balaclava covering the face, to add some variety. Which I don't understand are the Chinese uniforms, they look way too fictional. At least to my knowledge the Chinese Army doesn't have anything like that.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

What exactly are we doing?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:12 PM

They should have brought back the support (old medic) from BC2, with more camos.

user posted image

My favorite. Nothing better than playing as this guy with a G3 and medic equipment.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:26 AM

some more Intervention and some M40A5 Gameplay

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (DarkKingBernard @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 12:12)
They should have brought back the support (old medic) from BC2, with more camos.

user posted image

My favorite. Nothing better than playing as this guy with a G3 and medic equipment.

When I see these, the BC2 Islas Inocentes map comes to my mind: last base to take, using the m249 and killing plenty of them. Hell, with that red hat was impossible not to see them lol.gif

OT: gotta love the changing weather effects... has been said if it's possible to dive, or is just when a wave hits you?

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:50 AM

QUOTE (RoadRunner71 @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 21:36)
QUOTE (DarkKingBernard @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 12:12)

http://images2.wikia...C2_RU_MEDIC.jpg

When I see these, the BC2 Islas Inocentes map comes to my mind: last base to take, using the m249 and killing plenty of them. Hell, with that red hat was impossible not to see them lol.gif

OT: gotta love the changing weather effects... has been said if it's possible to dive, or is just when a wave hits you?

Yep, you will be able to go underwater though I don't know how deep etc.

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:55 AM

The new MP characters look impressive.

Glad the US Recon finally showed his face
US Engineer is the same guy from BF3 with some changes.
US Assault and Support look really different.

RU Support looks badass, RU engineer looks like he has a black eye lol
RU Recon looks different too, but he is somewhat recognizable from BF3. RU Assault is also recognizable somewhat.

CH team looks cool for the most part, though the Recon's eyes look kinda weird.

A huge step up from BF3. icon14.gif

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:45 PM

LMG's are even worse:

user posted image

I agree, those ones on the other page all look awful. Though I think assault and one of the engineers looked good, I much prefer their faces covered and a lightweight approach.

I did see a small screenshot and I think it might have been the chinese, the engineer, looked super bad ass SAS style with an M40 gas mask, and the assault characters looked good, finally got balaclavas back on.

I hated the characters in BF3, The only character I liked was the Russian engineer. I didn't mind the US Support, and the Russian Assault though.

It pissed me off how there was a different skin for the US Assault, but then they reskinned it with the black dude from the storyline, so every time I play Aftermath everyone looks like the CIA Director from Homeland.

I miss the Assault styles from Bad Company 2.

But overall I just WISH to f*cking god, we could customize our characters. Remove the changing of camo, that should stay fixed, but the equipment, such as bags, holsters, and headgear should be customizable. Or at least just the head, similar to GRAW.

I just get sick of those giant f*cking bags on the back of the support characters.

I hate them so much.

I want the Battlefield 2: SF MEC spec ops kit character skin.

tuareg
  • tuareg

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:54 PM

Can't wait to hear what the beta is like on the 360. I don't expect much, but i may have to go with the current gen version for a while. The fact that they changed suppression is almost enough for me to switch over to 4 as soon as possible, though.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (Daz @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 12:45)

I agree, those ones on the other page all look awful. Though I think assault and one of the engineers looked good, I much prefer their faces covered and a lightweight approach.

I did see a small screenshot and I think it might have been the chinese, the engineer, looked super bad ass SAS style with an M40 gas mask, and the assault characters looked good, finally got balaclavas back on.

I hated the characters in BF3, The only character I liked was the Russian engineer. I didn't mind the US Support, and the Russian Assault though.

It pissed me off how there was a different skin for the US Assault, but then they reskinned it with the black dude from the storyline, so every time I play Aftermath everyone looks like the CIA Director from Homeland.

I miss the Assault styles from Bad Company 2.

But overall I just WISH to f*cking god, we could customize our characters. Remove the changing of camo, that should stay fixed, but the equipment, such as bags, holsters, and headgear should be customizable. Or at least just the head, similar to GRAW.

I just get sick of those giant f*cking bags on the back of the support characters.

I hate them so much.

I want the Battlefield 2: SF MEC spec ops kit character skin.

I actually liked the camo customization so I could give the characters my beloved M81 Woodland Camo and the Vietnam style one cool.gif

And like I said in other post, which don't convince me are the chinese uniforms, they look like divers or something odd.

The assault class kinda reminds me of the BC2 uniform, but I don't like at all the shirt of the american one. However, the new recon classes looks awesome; the american one looks like a SEAL or something so and the russian one looks just cool turn.gif

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:52 PM

Chinese:
user posted image

Russians:
user posted image

USA:
user posted image

Chris Fromage
  • Chris Fromage

Homie

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:34 PM

Serious question:
Is it possible to destroy down building by crashing planes or helicopters on it?

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (Chris Fromage @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 20:34)
Serious question:
Is it possible to destroy down building by crashing planes or helicopters on it?

I haven't seen this happening, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was similar to BF3.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:56 PM

The US Recon looks f*cking sick!

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:33 PM

Any word yet about how Sniper Rifles' performance varies in BF4 compared to BF3?

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 21:33)
Any word yet about how Sniper Rifles' performance varies in BF4 compared to BF3?

I just know that the weather effects affect the bullets.

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (RoadRunner71 @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 17:35)
QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 21:33)

I just know that the weather effects affect the bullets.

Thank you for that insight, and thanks for using the words 'affect/effect' correctly. icon14.gif

I'm asking because I remember hearing that the Sniper Rifles are supposed to be more balanced
than they were in BF3. I'm hoping that means they'll be more powerful, because quite frankly, I
hated sniping in BF3. You had to snipe headshots, or not snipe at all. If the snipers perform like in
BC2, I will be very satisfied. icon14.gif

At the very least, the best sniper rifle in BF4 should be a 1-shot kill in hardcore mode. I hated how
even in hardcore mode in BF3, you still usually needed 2 shots to kill someone.

tuareg
  • tuareg

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:48 PM Edited by tuareg, 28 August 2013 - 10:50 PM.

The .50cal is a one shot kill as far as i know, but other sniper rifles seem to act pretty much the same way they did in BF3.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:43 AM

Russian Engineer in BF3 looked the best with the gas mask.

Russian Sniper in BF4 looks so awesome. Overall I think the modells look worse though...

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:14 AM Edited by Daz, 29 August 2013 - 05:53 PM.

QUOTE (iNero @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 00:43)
Russian Engineer in BF3 looked the best with the gas mask.

Damn right.

I would like it if we got actual real camo types, but then it would make no sense that any of these armies would be wearing british camo or vietnam era tiger stripe.

It was better than nothing, but I always went with black in BF3.

I just want it to be simpler to tell if someone is on your team or not, doing that by camo is good. It just gets confusing when so many people have so many different color schemes. That is why I said it would be better to just customize your outfit or just the headgear.

I hate all those kits, the chinese ones are by far the best, I am not into the support guy that much, but he needs a balaclava.

The Russian assault is also ok, but f*ck the rest.

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:30 AM

Just going to go off the subject of MP.

I really hope that they would not rush the single player in the game. BF3 looked very familiar to those who have played Black Ops. It really bugged me and made me feel that they just concentrated on MP, whether that may be true or not. That's how it was conveyed. The characters in the SP of BF3 didn't go in-depth with them. I felt no bond whatsoever with any of them. The SP of BF3 had lots of potential but the events were scripted in such a way that it took away more fun than a scripted scene should.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:00 AM

Noone actually cared about the SP aspect. There are people playing it but BF always was an MP. Before it went on console it didnt had SP at all.
I mean they had to add Weapons to the coop mode which you were able to unlock for MP just so people play it a bit.

Spending SP ressources for MP would be better but not as good on a Matketing point of view

karaokequeen3
  • karaokequeen3

O.A.P.

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:38 AM Edited by karaokequeen3, 07 September 2013 - 08:40 AM.

Spending SP ressources for MP would be better but not as good on a marketing point of view

I'm not so sure about that. I get the feeling that more people were anticipating MP gameplay when BF3 first emerged. It's no different in BF4 and quite honestly, if Titanfall can be a commercial and critical success without a SP campaign, then I can't see why the next Battlefield game can't can the SP, full stop.

EDIT: And to those critiquing the player models, the nitpicking becomes somewhat irrelevant when in the game you can only see your hands and feet, concentrating on taking down the bugger that got you first... ;)

Quackerz Gamerz
  • Quackerz Gamerz

Radio Ga Ga!

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:43 PM

One thing I hope for in BF4 is that more buildings can completely collapse.

I'm not talking about like the skyscrapers, but take Kharg Island in BF3 for example:

The gas station building, and the smaller buildings around the B flag in Conquest could be destroyed, yet the larger hangers, like the ones next to the C and D flags could not be destroyed completely. 

It annoyed me that almost every wall could be taken out of those buildings, yet the roof would never cave in, unlike the smaller buildings, and kind of took away some of the immersion for me, knowing that I would be safe from  helis/jets, as they couldn't take away my cover.

But on the opposite end of the spectrum, if every single building could be destroyed, the infantry would stand no chance against the enemy's air vehicles, as they would have no cover.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users