Battlefield 4

1,258 replies to this topic
Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

I'm tired of the way 2 tank mines and 2 RPG's doesn't destroy vehicles on Battlefield 3, so f*cking stupid, hopefully BF4 fixes this bullsh*t. Vehicle Disabled is bullsh*t, as is the speed of which people are able to fix up vehicles using the repair tool, as is the way a person can get out of a burning disabled vehicle (which should have already been completely blown up), stand immediately next to it while it explodes and still not die.

RPG's are frustratingly weak against people also, i've shot RPG's at peoples faces and they have just ran off.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 12:46)
I'm tired of the way 2 tank mines and 2 RPG's doesn't destroy vehicles on Battlefield 3, so f*cking stupid, hopefully BF4 fixes this bullsh*t. Vehicle Disabled is bullsh*t, as is the speed of which people are able to fix up vehicles using the repair tool, as is the way a person can get out of a burning disabled vehicle (which should have already been completely blown up), stand immediately next to it while it explodes and still not die.

RPG's are frustratingly weak against people also, i've shot RPG's at peoples faces and they have just ran off.

Why the f*ck are you not playing hardcore?

You have no reason to complain about this.

Also why isn't there regenerating ammo in Normal Mode? Doesn't make sense.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:44 PM Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 22 June 2013 - 10:00 PM.

QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 19:57)

Yes, i have every right to complain about this.

Even on normal mode, an RPG to the face should = death, no matter how you look at it.

Same with 2 anti tank mines and 2 RPG's, that should blow up a tank.

EDIT: Pretty sure Vehicle Disabled happens on Hardcore also.

Danz.
  • Danz.

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE (CryptReaperDorian @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 17:34)
QUOTE (iNero @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 05:58)
QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 13:43)
I disagree, as much as i prefer BC2 as a game, BF3 does look superior with visuals and animations.

to me the effects looked much better. and it had better AA and no texture loading delay. and it looked much sharper. thats probably because it has native 720p while BF3 only has around 712-709p.
that might be because the game was developed for consoles. Thats why I hoped for a BC3 instead of BF4.

BC2 looks better than Battlefield 3 (at least on consoles) because it's atmosphere wasn't tarnished by "special effects" like over exaggerated lighting effects (bloom) and horrible blue tints (or orange in the case of Aftermath). Battlefield 3 actually looked much better during the alpha than at the game's release.

True thing. The color filter ruined the visuals in many maps, I don't know why the heck DICE would add it to BF4.

From what I've seen in the trailer it doesn't seem to have, but it is still pre-alpha and many things will change until the final release.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:43 AM

QUOTE (Danz. @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 19:31)
QUOTE (CryptReaperDorian @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 17:34)
QUOTE (iNero @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 05:58)
QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 13:43)
I disagree, as much as i prefer BC2 as a game, BF3 does look superior with visuals and animations.

to me the effects looked much better. and it had better AA and no texture loading delay. and it looked much sharper. thats probably because it has native 720p while BF3 only has around 712-709p.
that might be because the game was developed for consoles. Thats why I hoped for a BC3 instead of BF4.

BC2 looks better than Battlefield 3 (at least on consoles) because it's atmosphere wasn't tarnished by "special effects" like over exaggerated lighting effects (bloom) and horrible blue tints (or orange in the case of Aftermath). Battlefield 3 actually looked much better during the alpha than at the game's release.

True thing. The color filter ruined the visuals in many maps, I don't know why the heck DICE would add it to BF4.

From what I've seen in the trailer it doesn't seem to have, but it is still pre-alpha and many things will change until the final release.

Say, what's with the new profile?

Battlefield 3 is a good shooter, but I do have to question the "artistic style" (as they call it) of DICE. It especially unnerved many when DICE started threats about banning people for toning down such effects (which was highly requested by the community). Here's hoping that DICE doesn't pull that again, or it'll be good if they at least allow players to turn filters on or off through the options. Rockstar North at least allows us to do that in most GTA games.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:22 AM

QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 21:44)

Even on normal mode, an RPG to the face should = death, no matter how you look at it.

Normal Mode = Easy mode; new, call of duty, bad and casual players belong here. If the RPG is a one hit kill to people's faces then everyone will scream overpowered which will get it nerfed. Ammo regeneration will probably be in normal mode too it only makes sense to include it.

Hardcore Mode = Real BF; no regen, enemies will die when you shoot them, encourages teamplay, and vehicles have less health or rockets do more damage.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 18:33)
QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 18:31)
QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 18:27)
On Battlefield 3, do i keep my points/stats after the connection gets lost or after being kicked by an admin?

Kicked by admin: stats are saved

Lose connection: nope

Cheers for the response, just got kicked by bastard c*nting admin during an amazing game because i raped his team so much.

Incorrect.

If we are talking about BF3 on 360.

If you for any reason, leave or disconnect from a match, you get your points when the round ends.

However, if you return and join back into that same game it will reset whatever you did and start over.

So if you get D/C'ed with some good unlocks or something special and playing a good round, stay out of that server till it ends, you will hear the beep on battlelog to indicate that.

karaokequeen3
  • karaokequeen3

O.A.P.

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:18 PM

I gave up on MP recently on BF3 largely because the amount of times that I got a lost connection error message in the middle of the game. Kept on screwing up the stats on Battlelog as any such instance was recorded as a loss, even from a winning position.

Hopefully BF4 will be a little more stable!

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 06:22)

Normal Mode = Easy mode; new, call of duty, bad and casual players belong here. If the RPG is a one hit kill to people's faces then everyone will scream overpowered which will get it nerfed. Ammo regeneration will probably be in normal mode too it only makes sense to include it.

Not at all, i think if an RPG killed a person in one hit on normal mode everyone would accept that as the way it should be, it's not like i can keep RPG'ing people is it, they take a while to reload and usually just come with 3 rockets.

And after all, it's an RPG. It should kill someone in one hit.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:46 PM

Frostbite 3 Video cool.gif

MLGTA
  • MLGTA

Espionage

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE (UtricularEwe001 @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 16:46)

I hate how they keep talking about that levolution crap when all it really is, is just destruction. But the game looks amazing.

Oh did I mention, That youll notice it looks like a real EYE mercie_blink.gif

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:20 PM Edited by iNero, 24 June 2013 - 05:37 PM.

QUOTE (UtricularEwe001 @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 18:46)

@ 3:40

looks even better than Cry Engine 3. more natural

user posted image

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE (iNero @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 17:20)

@ 3:40

looks even better than Cry Engine 3. more natural

user posted image

@The Video
Looks amazing.

@iNero
Nope, since the whole Crysis series focuses on foliage and jungles more, it's obvious that it has better foliage physics and better textures. That's unless you haven't played them on PC.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 14:09)
QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 06:22)

Not at all, i think if an RPG killed a person in one hit on normal mode everyone would accept that as the way it should be, it's not like i can keep RPG'ing people is it, they take a while to reload and usually just come with 3 rockets.

And after all, it's an RPG. It should kill someone in one hit.

If you want people to die from your rocket then you should play Hardcore. There's obviously going to be ammo regen in Normal so if the RPG was a ohk then you would be able to keep rpging people. Also there isn't a good reason not to play hardcore unless you're not very good.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:35 AM

That video is f*cking awesome.

I would love an engine demo of BF4 on Xbox 360 though. Alot of that is all amazing and everything, but I want the game on launch and that means current gen, as well as most people I know won't even get a next gen console straight away.

So I would like to know the limitations and the differences between current gen and next gen.

I know 360 probably won't get 64 players or falling skyscrapers, but I would like some more info on that. I would be plenty happy with 32 players personally.

No doubt they will get all the hand placement on weapons wrong again. It just f*cks me off when they can make a game look this good, but then still force the stupid isosceles stance with every weapon. It just looks wrong holding an M240 by the box because they are too lazy to have a separate animation stance for longer weapons.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:43 AM Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian, 25 June 2013 - 08:49 AM.

This is f*cking impressive! Clearly, the engine has potential and I'm amazed how real the environment and simply everything in general looks like. I will need to upgrade my PC as I have barely changed anything since around two years now. I'm looking forward to the end of the year. Lots of interesting titles release, and Battlefield 4 is one of them.

Rewas514
  • Rewas514

Derp™

• The Yardies
  • Lithuania

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:43 AM

Wow. Battlefield 4 graphics are really amazing. The water is so realistic, unlike other games I've seen/played. I'm thinking of buying Battlefield 4, but I don't know on which platform yet. Too bad EA wants a lot of money from this game. This game is really expensive, might be even too expensive.

Does anyone know game's specs? I want to know if my PC could handle this game.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:09 PM Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 25 June 2013 - 01:14 PM.

QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 02:03)
If you want people to die from your rocket then you should play Hardcore. There's obviously going to be ammo regen in Normal so if the RPG was a ohk then you would be able to keep rpging people. Also there isn't a good reason not to play hardcore unless you're not very good.

There is no ammo regen on Normal mode, run out of ammo and you need someone with the support class to give you more ammo, just like hardcore.

End of the day an RPG to the face should = death even on normal mode no matter what anyone says, it's just clear obvious fact, i sometimes get killed in 1 hit from an RPG and never bitch about it because that is the way it should logically be.

But when i shoot someone in the face with an RPG and they don't die, of course i am going to bitch, because that's full on retarded. No matter how many times people try and justify it.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:49 PM

Let me get this straight.

There is infinite ammo in non hardcore matches in BF4?

If so the magazine situation doesnt seem that bad.

Medal of Honor: Warfighter had infinite ammo on some weapon types.

At least only pistols, I think that is fair.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE (Daz @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 13:49)

There is not infinite ammo at all, if you run out of ammo on Normal mode you either need to get more from a support player, steal someone else's class after killing them or die to get more.

Your ammo will NEVER randomly start to regenerate.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 14:26)

There is not infinite ammo at all, if you run out of ammo on Normal mode you either need to get more from a support player, steal someone else's class after killing them or die to get more.

Then why the f*ck is everyone talking about regenerating ammo?

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (Daz @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 14:58)

LOL, no one is, gpcguy1 falsely mentioned it and i replied to him because he was trying to say if an RPG killed someone in one hit it would unbalance the game and the RPG would turn into a rape weapon. But he was wrong about ammo regenerating, either that or he was saying it might be in BF4, which i disagree with, i can't see it ever being implemented, retarded idea to be fair.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:11 PM

user posted image

awesome. was one of my worries. I hated the PS3 for not having L2 and R2 for aiming and shooting in most games

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:23 PM Edited by gpcguy1, 25 June 2013 - 06:25 PM.

QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 15:17)
QUOTE (Daz @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 14:58)

LOL, no one is, gpcguy1 falsely mentioned it and i replied to him because he was trying to say if an RPG killed someone in one hit it would unbalance the game and the RPG would turn into a rape weapon. But he was wrong about ammo regenerating, either that or he was saying it might be in BF4, which i disagree with, i can't see it ever being implemented, retarded idea to be fair.

Health regen is a retarded idea and that's in the game. Kind of funny that you guys don't want ammo regen yet you play Normal Mode where everything is handed to you.
Hopefully they totally noob out Normal Mode.
You can't complain about Normal Mode, that's for the cod/bad/casual players they just wanna play the game without any troubles so they need a high health count so they don't die much along with ammo regen so they don't need to work with their team and sell the game from frustration.
Teamwork is non-existant in Normal Mode.

daggerbomb
  • daggerbomb

To Live or Die in LS

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:08 PM

I seriously cannot wait to play the Levolution. biggrin.gif

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:42 PM

I love to snipe in battlefield 3.... just now on rush-grand bazaar i went 46-4 biggrin.gif

Since i am buying PS4, Will it be difficult to adjust to the sony controller or will it be similar? Are the layouts same? (current 360 owner)

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:13 PM

too lazy to search the BF3 thread

thats awesome biggrin.gif

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:09 PM

QUOTE (UtricularEwe001 @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 20:42)
Since i am buying PS4, Will it be difficult to adjust to the sony controller or will it be similar? Are the layouts same? (current 360 owner)

http://www.ibtimes.c...-photos-1322277

This is a good comparison. I am also going from 360 to PS4, now it seems to be ALOT bigger which is good, infact bigger than the Xbox One and 360 controller. Also it now has triggers, the only thing that may be hard to get used to is the analog stick placement, though they are further apart than the current PS3 controller thus making it not as easy to touch both thumbs together on accident.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:15 AM Edited by UtricularEwe001, 18 July 2013 - 09:16 AM.

Some new details:

Singleplayer:
• Admitted that the BF3 story could have been more.
• Campaign will be more character driven and emotional. Confidence in their skills in building multiplayer led them to spend more time into creating a good singleplayer story.
• NPCs will be more human. Right down to the smallest and simplest details of just watching you walk around etc.
• Cutscenes are acted out in a soundstage like in movies

Specs:
• Oculus Rift support is not planned, but is possible in the future
• PC specs are similar to the specs of BF3. No official specs list has been released.

Multiplayer:
• Battlelog returns on PC and will integrated into the console games
• Commander Mode runs in-game and tablet, however the in-game versions will have extra features such as live video feeds etc.
• Maps can't be totally leveled, however, destruction is going to be more dramatic than BF3's and will be similar to BC2's destruction.
• They are considering bringing back the ability to destroy MCOMs by having structures and buildings fall on them, like BC2
• You can cut the power in the indoor parts of the maps and use the darkness and non functional elevators to your advantage
• Seize of Shanghai, the map shown at the E3 Demo, is a medium size map and new game modes will be shown soon.
• The spokesman said that "You won't be disappointed by the number of maps in the game"
• He also stated that Operation Metro is the most popular map in BF3, thus indirectly confirming that it'll return in the Second Assault DLC.

There is rumour saying that there will be functional Night - Vision Goggles.

I really like this part:

"You can cut the power in the indoor parts of the maps and use the darkness and non functional elevators to your advantage"

Finally, some innovation in FPS genre turn.gif

@Daz, Thank you!

sublimelabs
  • sublimelabs

The Jimmy Rustler

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:11 PM

Say what you want about Battlefield, you literally can't deny how phenomenal the sound design is.

Still holding out for more proof of dynamic gameplay like "You can cut the power in the indoor parts of the maps and use the darkness and non functional elevators to your advantage," but it all sounds very promising.

Good to hear that the story will be character-driven this time. BF3's campaign gets a lot of hate, and while I had fun the story is pretty damn stale. It's missed potential because FrostBite is so impressive. I'm hoping for an actually compelling story. The FPS genre could use one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users