Quantcast

» «
Photo

Battlefield 4

1,350 replies to this topic
tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:52 PM

The first thing i noticed was that the animations look awesome. There was a clip yesterday where an enemy team member tried knifing a guy as a third dude watched and the way the guy was charging with the knife looked damn realistic. None of that hunchback of notre dame running around with the knife bullsh*t.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:45 AM

Some more Footage:

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:27 PM

user posted image

I see first ranks get sh*t weapons like usual lol.gif f*cking Shank... that's classic.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:50 PM

some NeoGAF Member say that in the Live Streams, they confirmed 1080p on next gen as well. someone can confirm this? i ahvent seen all of the stream:

the info:

-1080p, 60 FPS, 64 players confirmed for XB1 and PS4; 30 FPS, 24 players confirmed for X360 and PS3
-Two new game modes coming, some of the ones in BF3 are being dropped
-Confirmed game modes: Squad Deathmatch, Conquest, Rush, and Team Deathmatch
-Specialization system is changed so your squad is rewarded with specializations as you do better
-Hardcore mode confirmed
-Ammo is magazine-based, not "pool"-based
-5 players per squad
-4 classes (Assault, Engineer, Support, Recon)
-In-game VOIP confirmed
-No Battle Recorder; can rely on built in XB1 and PS4 recorders
-Practice mode/tutorial mode confirmed for vehicles
-Better Battlelog integration for consoles

"Levolution"
-Every map will have changes that can alter the makeup of the map/level.
-Also refers to the verticality they want to add to maps.
-So far, not scripted--can take out supports to bring down skyscraper
-Urban areas can't be flattened by destruction; design choice, not engine limitation

Commander mode
-One player on each side that does not occupy a player slot (64 players + 2 commanders)
-Can be played from console, PC, or remotely with a tablet
-Scan and EMP UAVs can be deployed; vehicle scans, tomahawk missiles, infantry scans, and gunships can be deployed based on whether or not certain bases are capture
-Supply (ammo and medical) and vehicle drops
-Set attack orders for individual squads
-Included in Conquest and Rush so far
-Have their own persistence/skill tree
-"Gating" system that prevents everyone from being eligible as a commander
-If squads follow your orders, everyone receives bonus points
-Can counter commander's abilities (scramble UAV, for example)

Vehicles
-Enhanced vehicle disabling: Vehicles are disabled based on the parts that are hit; however, tires can't be shot out (it's not that granular)
-Limited MBT 120mm ammo, which can regenerate

Other/mechanics
-Squad assists can count as kills if you contibuted the most to the kill (maybe >90%?)
-Reduced suppression: Support now contributes the most to suppression and it has a greater effect at long range
-ADS near cover allows a "peak" cover system. Not sure if you can lean left/right, but seems you can pop up above cover
-"Click to spawn" deployment options
-Interface is muuuch less click-heavy vs BF3
-Killfeed is gone; kills displayed in center of screen
-Movement system has been tweaked for momentum; it takes a moment to get to full sprint speed
-Directional callouts--the default "enemy spotted" voice seems to indicate directions/location relative to your position

Swimming
-Hand gestures indicate commands
-Ladder climbing is faster
-Proprietary matchmaking system instead of system matchmaking
-Skill system, in addition to matchmaking; can set skill reqs for servers
-"Partial mod" support; likely to be server-side modifications (vehicle count, damage mods, player count???)
-Can dive to avoid gunfire
-Can shoot pistols under/above water while swimming
-Can sprint swim

Spectator mode
-Confirmed for PC, "we'll see" for console
-Views: Table Top, First Person, Third Person, Free Cam
-Can "set" up to four free cams around the map to quickly jump to certain location
-UI can be turned off
-Can click on player from table top view and get PiP view of their screen

Class info
Assault
-Standard health bag
-Small health pack, which you can toss onto someone. It regenerates their health, regardless of their proximity to you. If you toss onto ground, can still be used to regenerate health
-Defibs need to be charged before you can pick someone up; seems they still need to be unlocked

Recon
-C4
-Motion sensor ball
-Range finder
-Ability to use different zoom levels in one scope

Support
-Ammo bag: deployable ammo
-Ammo pack: ammo that can individually be given to someone
-Grenade launcher as equipment/gadget

Improved environments
-Metal detectors can expose you, storefront gates can be shut to cut people off, fire extinguishers create smoke screens, bollards can prevent vehicle access
-Water reacts dynamically to vehicles and events (skyscraper falling)

Weapons/equipment
-Flashbangs
-Incendiary grenades
-Pistols can be customized
-Tons of attachments/customizations (green hipfire laser sights, different foregrips, barrel types, bipods, silencer/flashlight combo)
-Over 1200 items
-Canted/dual sights
-More shared weapons between classes

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:27 PM

I'm not too crazy about flashbangs, in fact, it f*cking sucks that they are included. You already have grenade spam imagine what will happen when you can equip flashbangs as well.

Everything else sounds great though.

ACR
  • ACR

Finger f*ck bitches with Freddy Krueger gloves on.

• Members
  • China

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:40 PM

Carbines and DRM's are all class weapons now.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:10 PM

I have one little annoyance with the gameplay - when you use the lift, what actually happens is the lift stays still for the duration of the 'climb', then teleports to the top when it opens. You can see this from the icons, e.g. flags, spotted enemies, squadmates etc.

It's kinda annoying, and if there are spotted enemies at the top of the skyscraper you'd need to react quickly if they're outside the doors.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 16:50)

LAAAAAME

This is fine in realistic games, SOCOM used to do this, so when you reload you cycle through all your mags and end back up with the mag with half ammo in.

This is f*cking annoying for this game though because I often reload instantly and all the time to top up. Unless the weapons have been made so they kill anyone within 2-3 rounds this will get super sh*t real fast.

The rest of the details sound good though, especially pistol while in water, and more cross-class weapons, and less surpression.

dontdieb4september
  • dontdieb4september

Trick

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

I wish bf4 had a heavy helicopter i could just fly around for the fun of it... Chinook or sea stallion. Wouldnt be very useful and would be a sitting target but id love to fly them. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (Daz @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 14:35)

LAAAAAME

This is fine in realistic games, SOCOM used to do this, so when you reload you cycle through all your mags and end back up with the mag with half ammo in.

This is f*cking annoying for this game though because I often reload instantly and all the time to top up. Unless the weapons have been made so they kill anyone within 2-3 rounds this will get super sh*t real fast.

The rest of the details sound good though, especially pistol while in water, and more cross-class weapons, and less surpression.

Could you explain to me what this means? I'm not big on FPS games that much anymore.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (Daz @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 18:35)

LAAAAAME

You don't remember this from the older BFs? Support will now be more useful. Finally starting to go back to their roots. Hopefully they decide to scrap health regen as well.

This might be the first BF since BF2 to encourage teamwork. Liking all these changes they're making.

VCRules86
  • VCRules86

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:07 PM

LAAAAAME

Don't top off so often then. I think this is a great idea and wish more games did it. Bullets magically teleporting themselves into other magazines annoys the hell out of me.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE (VCRules86 @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 19:07)

LAAAAAME

Don't top off so often then. I think this is a great idea and wish more games did it. Bullets magically teleporting themselves into other magazines annoys the hell out of me.

That is a stupid way to look at it.

This is a videogame not a simulator.

There needs to be a balance between realism and ease of gameplay, this is something that is f*cking annoying.

I need to top mags off because they are so god damn weak, and with bad connectivity to the server and people not dying when being shot at, I can BARELY get a kill without using 75% of the magazine. So it is important that it refills.

The worst sh*t in the world would be needing a fresh mag and you reload and it has one bullet in it. f*cking moronic. This also then doesnt allow you to see how much overall ammo you have.

So yeah that and the fact there is no kill feed are f*cking STUPID AS BOLLOCKS.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (Daz @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 19:37)

LAAAAAME

There needs to be a balance between realism and ease of gameplay, this is something that is f*cking annoying.

I need to top mags off because they are so god damn weak, and with bad connectivity to the server and people not dying when being shot at, I can BARELY get a kill without using 75% of the magazine. So it is important that it refills.

The worst sh*t in the world would be needing a fresh mag and you reload and it has one bullet in it. f*cking moronic. This also then doesnt allow you to see how much overall ammo you have.

So because there is no more ammo pool again it means this game is a simulator?
BF is going back to it's roots if you don't like it continue to play Call of Duty on the frostbite engine or Bad Company. Those games seem to be dumbed down enough for you.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:41 PM

It's good... excessive f*cking reloading after each kill is retarded. Plus this will add more depth to the game. I heard in the livestream of gameplay that this would only be a feature in Hardcore no?

Anyways, good for me. The more I hear from this game the more I like it. I actually pre ordered a PS4 and BF4 for it (already did so for PC aswell). Cannot f*cking wait.

VCRules86
  • VCRules86

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (Daz @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 19:37)

LAAAAAME

It adds a new layer Of strategy and I've always preferred bf for its more realistic approach anyway.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:07 AM

QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 13:48)

LAAAAAME

You don't remember this from the older BFs? Support will now be more useful. Finally starting to go back to their roots. Hopefully they decide to scrap health regen as well.

This might be the first BF since BF2 to encourage teamwork. Liking all these changes they're making.

Here, here. Nicely said, chap. BF2 inlove.gif Also, commander mode, giggity.

Any of you BF2 plays should remember this, lol.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:10 AM

I'm fine with assorted magazines, but it's damn annoying when your character throws away magazines that still have ammo in them (like in the older, classic Battlefield games). I'm pretty sure that Battlefield 4 is also going to be like that and not like in SOCOM or Red Orchestra (where the magazines are at least put back into the rotation).

However, this will at least encourage more use of firearms that load with loose rounds. Something like the M1014 (quite underused in Battlefield 3) or a bolt-action rifle with an integrated magazine (like just about all of them prior to and during the Vietnam War) will have more of a purpose now.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:16 AM

It will encourage teamwork, that way you or your mates can throw down some ammo packs. It will also encourage playing more tactically, so try not to waste your ammo for a kill 400yds away plus Support will be able to compromise the opponents with suppression while Assault flanks in for the kill. I'm one for the new ammo approach, I think it's bringing BF back to it's roots and teamwork is more demanding especially with Commander mode. Just have to play more strategic, try not to rush for the ranks, just play the game and conquer the enemy.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

What exactly are we doing?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:42 AM

Commander mode is like using leadership abilities in MAG. It's awesome.

Improvise, adapt, overcome. Get used to changes tounge.gif

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:50 AM

I have the Battlefield fever. I've been playing Battlefield 3 a lot lately, the first time in months and I really want BF4 on release but I'll just be wasting money when I'll be getting for PS4 when that comes out. f*cking hell, why not just release it when the PS4 and Xbox One are out so people don't have to suffer watching other's play!

Oh well I'll just carry on playing Battlefield 3 up until the PS4 is out tounge.gif

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:06 PM

user posted image

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 19:06)

user posted image

Makes me sad that there's health regeneration....

Hopefully they scrap that ASAP!

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

why?

just play hardcore and you dont have to deal with it....

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

Ah, I remember no "ammo-pools" in older Battlefield games and it was never a problem.

Be less of a flaming casual, Daz.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 20:29)
why?

Because it rewards lone wolves and people that don't work together.

If the medics on your team don't know how to give you health, then why should you be able to regen health on your own?

And telling me to just play hardcore just proves to me that all the players that play in normal mode aren't bright enough to know how to drop health packs.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 22:33)
why?

If the medics on your team don't know how to give you health, then why should you be able to regen health on your own?

like I said, play Hardcore...
even with health regen there are many players who provide health...

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 20:35)
QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 22:33)
why?

like I said, play Hardcore...
even with health regen there are many players who provide health...

Well why can't they take it out of normal?

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:42 PM

Even though I'm probably not gonna get this, seeing how I've had enough of these games for a lifetime, I have to say that I love the idea of magazine based ammo. If nothing else it will teach people not to frantically reload after every two shots.

<Yang3
  • <Yang3

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:37 AM

IDK why many people call this game "BF3.5", when in fact, there are lots of changes on gameplay.
My advice for them would be to take their eyes off the graphics and stick it onto gameplay.

This kids complain if the game is all about graphics(like Crysis 3), yet they also complain if there are just a few graphical changes on the next iteration.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users