» «
Photo

GTA III Tenth Anniversary Editon Modding

4 replies to this topic
nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:50 AM Edited by nkjellman, 16 December 2011 - 12:54 AM.

Note to modorators: Please do not lock this topic for being in the wrong section. I put it here because I didnt know where it would fit in the modding section, and this is covering all mods on GTA III.

Anyways Ive been looking at the files for GTA III mobile on my iPod Tuch. All the files are the same format as the PC. Their layed out differently however, but the formats are the same.

So far I tested a few files, some that were left over in the mobile version.
I tried all three scm files that were in there.
-main.scm: which is what the normal game uses worked on the PC version however something is different because I can't load saves. (Ill try to see if I can load my mobile save with this scm) (Nevermind save loading didnt work)
-main_d.scm: spawns me outside Luigi's club with no missions to do, but the safe house and PayNSpray work, but the islands are locked so I'm stuck in portland.
-main_freeroam.scm: spawns me on the Callahan bridge with two Chita's next to me. All islands are unlocked, but the safe house and PayNSprays don't work.
-timecyc.dat: Seems to be the same as the PC version. I thought it would be different on the iPhone.

I tested these on the PC, so they should work on the iPhone version, however you may need a jailbreak. One question. Is it possable to make two directorys on the iPhone/iPod tuch? This means the GTA III app will apear twice, and one will be modded.

So yes I havent tested any mods on the iOS yet, however if the files from the iOS version work on the PC version, PC files should work on the iOS version.

If someone wants to tell me how to make it so I can have two copys of GTA III on the iOS. One thats for modding, one thats normal.

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci Racing
  • Philippines

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:54 AM

And I'm wondering as to whether they used the Chinatown Wars engine for rendering things, being that they don't support RW anymore.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:59 AM Edited by nkjellman, 16 December 2011 - 01:06 AM.

QUOTE (lpgunit @ Friday, Dec 16 2011, 00:54)
And I'm wondering as to whether they used the Chinatown Wars engine for rendering things, being that they don't support RW anymore.

They don't. There are files that are .dff's and .txd's. They would have to re write the wholl game if they changed engines.

Edit: Modding this game on the iPhone should be alot like on the PC. The main_freeroam.scm works the same as it did on the PC version. Two red cheta's on the calahan bridge where I spawn.

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci Racing
  • Philippines

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:01 AM

Oh, and btw: http://www.gtaforums...entry1060945724

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:09 AM

Lol, I didnt see that. Ill quote the first post in that topic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users