723 replies to this topic
_CP_
  • _CP_

Group: Vice City Stories team

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:42 PM

Can anyone say, how change stock vehicles into XBOX vehicles on Android? smile.gif

rokuchan
  • rokuchan

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:53 AM

QUOTE (parkerbird @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 08:39)
Jesus can any one do bomb the base.. been trying for weeks (off and on) sniper gun is crap on xperia play

i used a rocket launcher

parkerbird
  • parkerbird

Modding Lover

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:25 AM Edited by parkerbird, 18 April 2012 - 10:15 AM.

where do you get the rocket luncher ????
the trainer wont work on my phone.

UPDATE: thanks for the advise, used the xperia play keyboard cheat.

AtikiN
  • AtikiN

Player Hater

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:21 AM Edited by AtikiN, 27 April 2012 - 03:04 PM.

Does Blade - Funpark works in this gta3 version?

rokuchan
  • rokuchan

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:44 AM

don't quite remember. i think i used a mod that let me go to the other islands or smthn

Sliderv2
  • Sliderv2

Dude from Europe

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:42 PM

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:02 AM

If you guys check in the III Maps section there is a thread that has a link to a VC mod. Its for the PC, but I'm sure it can be easily ported to Mobile.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:08 PM Edited by Frank.s, 17 May 2012 - 07:24 PM.

HOLY SHI T .

There are traces of unique BETA multiplayer maps for GTAIII in the android versions files. These maps were probably made WAAY back in the year 2000-ish when original GTAIII had multiplayer planned.

"Why the hell would you think that?" i hear you scream through your pc monitor. tounge2.gif

Well, in the maps folder there are 5 new but unused folders, multi1 + mult2 + mult3 + mult4+ mult5. These folders contain ipl files and ide files and col files with numerous namings of "mp" in them.
The only problem is that the gta3.img doesn't contain the dff or txd files so it's impossible to simply put these beta multiplayer maps back into the game. sad.gif

HOWEVER.

I will probably import the collission models into 3dsmax and connect them together (using the ipls) to form the original beta mutiplayer GTAIII maps (untextured). biggrin.gif

I'm very surprised that new beta maps are STILL in existence.

(excuse excitedness, tipsy)

Edit2: Ok, i've copied one of the multi .dir files and used it with the androids gta3.img, and some (but not all) of the dffs and txds are actually exportable. Shame not all of them are, and shame the txds are unreadable.

Also, it seems that the id's are around 200, this means that when multiplayer loads, the original map gets unloaded/removed because otherwise the id's would be duplicated.

Next i'm gonna see if i can strip out the default map so i can add new citys.

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:21 PM

Sounds damn interesting, and I'm sure a lot of MP maps would have used the textures already present in III, keep us posted!

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:22 PM

Thanks, will do. icon14.gif

subvaults. I liek the sound of that. (underground vaults in the suburban sector of liberty (shoreside vale) )

user posted image

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:48 PM

Thanks, will do. icon14.gif

subvaults. I liek the sound of that. (underground vaults in the suburban sector of liberty (shoreside vale) )

user posted image

Wow, so MP would have contained DOOM like tunnel crawling!?

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:21 PM

What other maps were there?
But do you think the models used for that may of been used for Area 53 in San Andreas?

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:40 PM Edited by Frank.s, 17 May 2012 - 10:48 PM.

@Rob, heh yep seems like it, shame it didn't make retail imho.

@NKjellman, hmm doubt it although you could be right as R* do often re-use assets. Haven't checked the other multi maps yet, i've been cleaning the map and adding a new city to it. It's a map mod i made for pc version of III before anniversary edition existed so i felt like porting it to anniversary edition as a test.

Speaking of which: Has anyone got uvw-mapping bugs on modded map dffs? gamerzworlds pirate ship+text seemed fine, but my models are screwed up on portable but fine on pc.

(click for larger, ignore the radar, it's LC's original)
user posted image user posted image user posted image

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:00 AM Edited by City_Poke912, 26 May 2012 - 02:41 PM.

Frank.s, do you use 32bit textures in TXD?
Edit.

Another try to conversion smile.gif Now I have part of dirt track near mall in east of Vice City:
user posted image

I have question for you smile.gif
What is last free ID in GTA3? smile.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (City_Poke912 @ Saturday, May 26 2012, 11:00)
Frank.s, do you use 32bit textures in TXD?
Edit.

Another try to conversion smile.gif Now I have part of dirt track near mall in east of Vice City:
user posted image

I have question for you smile.gif
What is last free ID in GTA3? smile.gif

Might be able to use the GTA SOL Vice City. Their combining models together so they can slim down the SOL map so it can work on GTA SA and GTA IV in the future. So, just the Vice City map from that mod might work on III TA.

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:01 AM Edited by City_Poke912, 27 May 2012 - 09:33 PM.

But I think, we need to remove III map to get free ID's for VC models smile.gif .

Frank,S said, that I can publish his researching with cleaning III map in mobile version smile.gif
QUOTE (Frank.s)

-One of the crusher objects needs to be in the in game spawned by ipl, the lid i think.
-The actual crusher container (separate object under the lid) has a special hardcoded feature that causes the player to die when they fall inside it,
not sure if that affects if it needs to be -spawned an ipl to prevent crashing or not.
-Every original ide line needs to be read by the game, they can be moved into one ide file though.
-Some ide lines can be removed but most cant, some ide lines can have their dff name changed but some can't, some
-All ipl lines can be removed except the crusher i mentioned earlier.
-The game will crash if the cullzone.dat isn't emptied.

I am getting close to get the VC map into mobile devices smile.gif
For other people it's not looking good, only empty place, but for me it is great smile.gif Finally I can import Vice City map models into III smile.gif
user posted image

Sliderv2
  • Sliderv2

Dude from Europe

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:07 AM

Try this mod:
http://www.gtaforums...entry1061334877

wahgah
  • wahgah

Lost In Postion

• Members

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:38 AM

sorry to bump, but has anyone tried adding the xbox map models to gta 3? that would be a nice addition, apparently the ios/android map is made of the pc map which has a lot less polys and objects in it.

Shrektastic
  • Shrektastic

/pol/itician and /b/ro from 8chan

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE (wahgah @ Saturday, Jun 23 2012, 06:38)
sorry to bump, but has anyone tried adding the xbox map models to gta 3? that would be a nice addition, apparently the ios/android map is made of the pc map which has a lot less polys and objects in it.

I'm thinking of it, but I need someone to test it out for me.

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

Why did I move here? I guess it was to bounce.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE (City_Poke912 @ Sunday, May 27 2012, 03:01)
But I think, we need to remove III map to get free ID's for VC models smile.gif .

Frank,S said, that I can publish his researching with cleaning III map in mobile version smile.gif
QUOTE (Frank.s)

-One of the crusher objects needs to be in the in game spawned by ipl, the lid i think.
-The actual crusher container (separate object under the lid) has a special hardcoded feature that causes the player to die when they fall inside it,
not sure if that affects if it needs to be -spawned an ipl to prevent crashing or not.
-Every original ide line needs to be read by the game, they can be moved into one ide file though.
-Some ide lines can be removed but most cant, some ide lines can have their dff name changed but some can't, some
-All ipl lines can be removed except the crusher i mentioned earlier.
-The game will crash if the cullzone.dat isn't emptied.

I am getting close to get the VC map into mobile devices smile.gif
For other people it's not looking good, only empty place, but for me it is great smile.gif Finally I can import Vice City map models into III smile.gif
user posted image

For reference, here is LoveMHZ's clean map. Problem is it'll crash when you die.
http://www.gtaforums...entry1060985492

keiffith
  • keiffith

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:57 AM

Anyone have a mobile img program? I don't have a computer...

parkerbird
  • parkerbird

Modding Lover

• Members

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE (keiffith @ Tuesday, Jul 3 2012, 00:57)
Anyone have a mobile img program? I don't have a computer...

pmsl, then you have no hope.

RobTheGoodCarSpotter
  • RobTheGoodCarSpotter

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:56 PM

Hi guys, i have GTA3 on my iPod Touch and i've been modding the game for a good few months now. There's an absolute ton of mods installed on my version and all of them work very well and look neat too. Underneath is my current mobile mods list....

Weapon Tweaks
Pedestrian Tweaks
Handling Overhaul Mod - www.projectcerbera.com/gta/3
Car/Family Tweaks
World Trade Centre
Colour Mods
Lamborghini Murcielago
Chevrolet Camaro
Lancia Delta Integrale
Lamborghini Diablo
Land Rover Freelander
School Bus
Convertable Taxi 
Corpse instead of Mananda
Caterham 7
New Fbi Car
Colt 4 Life Health Mod
A4/5 Graphics Mod
Odie Miss Liberty

It's very likely that some are missing, especially in the car mods, i know there are more modded cars than what you see here!! Anyway, the reason i post today is because i'm having trouble installing map packs onto the game. Yesterday i tried to install the 'open tunnels' mod onto my iDevice, this worked but it did have its problems because of graphical glitches. The grassy area outside Francis Airport has dissapeared leaving me with a big hole to fall through and the tunnel entrances next to it have also gone a bit funny. On the entrances to the shorside vale construction tunnel i have lots of missing textures, at first it was only the concreate part but now i have uninstalled the mod the hole tunnel has gone which has created yet another big hole. Don't know what's going on here?!?

The next one i gave a go was the Miss Liberty statue, and amazingly this seemed to work perfectly! So after this i did another mod, Odie's stunt park, however the game now fails to load so looks like i've done something wrong here. Any help please?

Shrektastic
  • Shrektastic

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:46 PM

You can't simply install 2 map mods over each other because if you install the stunt park mod it will simply overwrite the Miss LC files (the .ide and .ipl). You have to edit the .ide and .ipl files to make both working at the same time by adding the values of the one file to the other. Sorry if it sounds weird, but I'm pretty bad at explaining things.

RobTheGoodCarSpotter
  • RobTheGoodCarSpotter

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE (Dumbass-Productions @ Wednesday, Jul 18 2012, 15:46)
You can't simply install 2 map mods over each other because if you install the stunt park mod it will simply overwrite the Miss LC files (the .ide and .ipl). You have to edit the .ide and .ipl files to make both working at the same time by adding the values of the one file to the other. Sorry if it sounds weird, but I'm pretty bad at explaining things.

Hi Dumbass, thanks for your response. Didn't realise my mistake until you said, but yes, you are correct. Although saying that i did have the Miss Lib and Tunnel mod working together at the same time, i assume these don't use the same files?
The method of getting the two mods to work together sounds a bit tricky and confusing, i'll give it a go nevertheless and see if it works. The culprit files seem to be the 'landne' and 'landsw' by the looks of things. Thanks once again.

RobTheGoodCarSpotter
  • RobTheGoodCarSpotter

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

Dumbass it turns out you were in fact wrong about those doubled-up files, each mod has their own induvidual ones so it can't be that. Do you think it's because the '.DFF' extension is in capitals rather than lower case?

gta3ROCKER
  • gta3ROCKER

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:36 AM

Hi Guys, I modded GTA III on my 3rd Gen iPad, After some car mods, textures began to flicker when I load or Resume a game, If I start a new game, no problem, when I kill the app then resume the new game it comes back so I usually Launch a new game then load the save game to solve the problem...

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Mods...

Project Cerbera Handling.cfg (realistic handling)
Alfa Romeo 156 - Kuruma
Alfa Romeo 33 - Manana
Lamborghini Murcielago - Banshee
Dodge Charger R/T - Stallion
Chrysler 300C - Mafia Sentinel
BMW 720i - Sentinel
Mazda Demio - Moonbeam
Skyline R34 Racing - Cabbie (rarely appears now)
Chevy Pickup - Bobcat
Honda NSX - Esperanto
Ford Crown Victoria - Police

All use Wheel Mods except for some who don't have custom wheels...
No Map Mods Yet

parkerbird
  • parkerbird

Modding Lover

• Members

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:03 AM

the mods you have are probaby to much for the gta engine to load.

This will happen when you have mods wth large files. i fined if you keep car mod files beloew 500k you will be fine any thing over 1 meg, your gona get problems

Shrektastic
  • Shrektastic

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE (RobTheGoodCarSpotter @ Wednesday, Jul 18 2012, 18:13)
Dumbass it turns out you were in fact wrong about those doubled-up files, each mod has their own induvidual ones so it can't be that. Do you think it's because the '.DFF' extension is in capitals rather than lower case?

I'm not wrong, I just can't explain it very well.

Besides, is anyone interested in a HQ mod for GTA III mobile? If yes, I'll start remaking LC with XBOX textures and I'll probably add some XBOX map details if possible. I'm thinking about that a bit longer but I'm not sure if I'll have enough support for this. Just tell me your opinion.

gta3ROCKER
  • gta3ROCKER

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (parkerbird @ Wednesday, Aug 1 2012, 10:03)
the mods you have are probaby to much for the gta engine to load.

This will happen when you have mods wth large files. i fined if you keep car mod files beloew 500k you will be fine any thing over 1 meg, your gona get problems

Thanks, after removing some cars I'll probably edit some maps biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users