14 replies to this topic
Gifbrah
  • Gifbrah

GTAist.com Founder

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTA]

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:07 PM

Besides the recent GTA announcement, I haven't been into gaming the past few years. To say that I'm obsessed with GTA is a very large stretch. Lately, I've been supplementing zinc into my diet (which is known to cause vivid dreams), so for some reason, I had the craziest/most vivid dream last night of seeing the second GTA V trailer.... and boy, was it amazing.

It starts off with a slightly sideways/top-down view of a modern looking version of Grand Theft Auto 2. Modern looking cars rolling around a modern looking city. I remember thinking to myself "wtf? was this the big change Rockstar was talking about?" Followed by a huge feeling of being let down. The trailer progresses a little bit, the screen flashes and the next thing you see is a normal 3D (amazing looking) late 1960s yellow Dodge Challenger look-alike speeding through what looks like the area around the Grand Canyon (there are reddish dust clouds being kicked up because of the car, as well as canyons all around). I recall seeing police cars following not too far behind. It looks like this:

user posted image

The camera pans down and switches behind the car. After a few seconds, there's a pause menu. Looked similar to this: (Meaning the menu will be transparent, with a map on the left that fades on it's edges)

user posted image

Then I saw a mall scene where there are literally thousands of people rendered. All of them going about their business. You see the main character (which I can't recall what he looks like for some strange reason) walk up to a lady working at a mall booth, and you're presented with options of how to interact with her. The next scene is the main character getting on a subway train. It does not look like the subways we have here in Los Angeles, but it is packed with many, many people.

The dream ends with a huge bombshell- the date December 23, 2011 is displayed. I went apesh*t crazy and came onto these forums. Everyone has the exact same reaction- we're all going apesh*t insane.

When I woke up, for some reason, the dates March 2012 or May 2012 (something with an M) are what come to mind.

Anyway, I know this forum is by no means my diary, but I felt compelled to post this as the way it felt so incredibly real, and I'm able to recall the dream fairly vividly.

Anyone have any thoughts, comments or anything relating to GTA dreams? (Besides the expected 'hey gifbrah, I think you've gone f*cking insane.')

rere1love
  • rere1love

GTA DIVA

• Members

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:09 PM

bored.gif

VaroSpain
  • VaroSpain

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:11 PM

bored.gif

Gifbrah
  • Gifbrah

GTAist.com Founder

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTA]

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE (rere1love @ Monday, Dec 12 2011, 23:09)
bored.gif

happy.gif

confused.gif

sad.gif

Why the f*ck can't I have dreams of banging hot chicks like this?

Cole Phelps Gta
  • Cole Phelps Gta

#HEEL

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:13 PM Edited by Cole Phelps Gta, 12 December 2011 - 11:18 PM.

If this thread get locked ill legit snap. I had a dream about gta too but i was in the real la. Being in another country was a huge deal to me i couldn't believe it. Then i woke up and realised i do need to go to la before i die i hate countrys that dont speak English not out of racism its just im pariond ill get caught with weed for something and get imprisoned or face a firing squad atleast in the us or England they believe in the same things i do.

Jacko427
  • Jacko427

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:14 PM

bored.gif suicidal.gif

VaroSpain
  • VaroSpain

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE (Gifbrah @ Monday, Dec 12 2011, 23:07)
Besides the recent GTA announcement, I haven't been into gaming the past few years. To say that I'm obsessed with GTA is a very large stretch. Lately, I've been supplementing zinc into my diet (which is known to cause vivid dreams), so for some reason, I had the craziest/most vivid dream last night of seeing the second GTA V trailer.... and boy, was it amazing.

It starts off with a slightly sideways/top-down view of a modern looking version of Grand Theft Auto 2. Modern looking cars rolling around a modern looking city. I remember thinking to myself "wtf? was this the big change Rockstar was talking about?" Followed by a huge feeling of being let down. The trailer progresses a little bit, the screen flashes and the next thing you see is a normal 3D (amazing looking) late 1960s yellow Dodge Challenger look-alike speeding through what looks like the area around the Grand Canyon (there are reddish dust clouds being kicked up because of the car, as well as canyons all around). I recall seeing police cars following not too far behind. It looks like this:

user posted image

The camera pans down and switches behind the car. After a few seconds, there's a pause menu. Looked similar to this: (Meaning the menu will be transparent, with a map on the left that fades on it's edges)

user posted image

Then I saw a mall scene where there are literally thousands of people rendered. All of them going about their business. You see the main character (which I can't recall what he looks like for some strange reason) walk up to a lady working at a mall booth, and you're presented with options of how to interact with her. The next scene is the main character getting on a subway train. It does not look like the subways we have here in Los Angeles, but it is packed with many, many people.

The dream ends with a huge bombshell- the date December 23, 2011 is displayed. I went apesh*t crazy and came onto these forums. Everyone has the exact same reaction- we're all going apesh*t insane.

When I woke up, for some reason, the dates March 2012 or May 2012 (something with an M) are what come to mind.

Anyway, I know this forum is by no means my diary, but I felt compelled to post this as the way it felt so incredibly real, and I'm able to recall the dream fairly vividly.

Anyone have any thoughts, comments or anything relating to GTA dreams? (Besides the expected 'hey gifbrah, I think you've gone f*cking insane.')

Cool story bro icon14.gif

LOL

Jacko427
  • Jacko427

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE (VaroSpain @ Monday, Dec 12 2011, 23:15)
QUOTE (Gifbrah @ Monday, Dec 12 2011, 23:07)
Besides the recent GTA announcement, I haven't been into gaming the past few years.  To say that I'm obsessed with GTA is a very large stretch.  Lately, I've been supplementing zinc into my diet (which is known to cause vivid dreams), so for some reason, I had the craziest/most vivid dream last night of seeing the second GTA V trailer....  and boy, was it amazing.

It starts off with a slightly sideways/top-down view of a modern looking version of Grand Theft Auto 2.  Modern looking cars rolling around a modern looking city.  I remember thinking to myself "wtf? was this the big change Rockstar was talking about?"  Followed by a huge feeling of being let down.  The trailer progresses a little bit, the screen flashes and the next thing you see is a normal 3D (amazing looking) late 1960s yellow Dodge Challenger look-alike speeding through what looks like the area around the Grand Canyon (there are reddish dust clouds being kicked up because of the car, as well as canyons all around).  I recall seeing police cars following not too far behind.  It looks like this:

user posted image

The camera pans down and switches behind the car.  After a few seconds, there's a pause menu.  Looked similar to this:  (Meaning the menu will be transparent, with a map on the left that fades on it's edges)

user posted image

Then I saw a mall scene where there are literally thousands of people rendered.  All of them going about their business.  You see the main character (which I can't recall what he looks like for some strange reason) walk up to a lady working at a mall booth, and you're presented with options of how to interact with her.  The next scene is the main character getting on a subway train.  It does not look like the subways we have here in Los Angeles, but it is packed with many, many people.

The dream ends with a huge bombshell-  the date December 23, 2011 is displayed.  I went apesh*t crazy and came onto these forums.  Everyone has the exact same reaction-  we're all going apesh*t insane.

Anyone have any thoughts, comments or anything relating to GTA dreams?  (Besides the expected 'hey gifbrah, I think you've gone f*cking insane.')

Cool story bro icon14.gif

LOL

LOL!

TyphoonJames
  • TyphoonJames

King Cobra

• Members

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:21 PM

How cool would it be if that's exactly what happens in trailer 2?

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:24 PM

Cut out the spammy posts, warns requested.

VaroSpain
  • VaroSpain

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (TyphoonJames @ Monday, Dec 12 2011, 23:21)
How cool would it be if that's exactly what happens in trailer 2?

Then i will say....

user posted image

BroboT800
  • BroboT800

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:26 PM

I wish I could dream like that sad.gif

TheManWithNoName
  • TheManWithNoName

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:27 PM

I had a dream that i bought it, finally got home, put it on and it was exactly like Saints Row.. :| More of a nightmare actually.

Long_Haired_Boy
  • Long_Haired_Boy

Whilst everyone's lost, the battle is won

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:27 PM

I use to dream a lot about GTA V and stuff, well that was until I took an arrow to the knee. sad.gif

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:29 PM

Right I'm going to lock this now. Not because of the original post, because of the spam responses. You lot are the ones breaking the rules. Yes you may think this thread is a bit silly (it is) but that doesn't give you an excuse to spam.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users