Photo

Dirt Showdown

25 replies to this topic
Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:59 PM Edited by DneroJohnson, 24 February 2012 - 03:40 PM.

The next game isn't Dirt 4. It is, as GameSpot describes it, "an arcade-style spin-off that takes the extreme-sports elements of Dirt 2, mixes in the Gymkhana events from Dirt 3, and then throws in some Destruction Derby action for good measure."

Gamespot Preview

What do you guys think about this? I personally can't wait. Destruction Derby game by codemasters? inlove.gif

Chinatown Wars
  • Chinatown Wars

<3 Chris

• Members

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:24 PM

Been waiting for an awesome game with destruction derby in it for a looong time.
Can't wait inlove.gif

Kuruma.
  • Kuruma.

turnt up

• The Yardies
  • Scotland

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:42 PM

My least favourite part about dirt 3 was the gymkhana and all that destruction in multiplayer, I guess I just like my racing games more realistic and serious, but this still could be fun, I liked dirt 2 a lot.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE (Chinatown Wars @ Monday, Dec 12 2011, 23:24)
Been waiting for an awesome game with destruction derby in it for a looong time.
Can't wait inlove.gif

Same here, since one of game I remember having tons of fun on was Destruction Derby. That was the part of the OP that grabbed me, but I'm worried about this 'spin-off' part of it all. Burnout, anyone?

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:29 AM

Wasn't really a big fan of the Gymkhana and X Games events from the past couple of games, not to sure if i'll ever get around to picking this up, i do love me some destruction derby though. Perhaps a demo sometime down the line may spark my interest a little though, who knows.

Hopefully with this stop gap game they can make Dirt 4 just a pure rallying game.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:48 PM

This looks interesting. Bit of a different approach, but it could turn out decently, we'll see!

/scratches DIRT 3 off to buy list
/adds DIRT Showdown to buy list

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:41 PM

Here's a couple of days old interview on what to expect from the game. As the name of the article said, this game is for people that loves to have fun with cars, serious rally stuff pushed aside.

We really looked at the root of what appeals to a player about a racing game. Everyone likes the intensity of speed, the thrill of pulling off stylish moves and the aggression of crashing and destruction, so those play styles underpin the whole DiRT Showdown experience.

We're offering Race modes, Hoonigan modes and Demolition Derby modes. What binds these together is the idea that you're part of a show - an action sports spectacle competing in a festival of automotive chaos and out to impress the crowd.

Yeah, starting to love this already. This is the only driving game I'm excited about for next year, it'll be fun playing this while waiting for DiRT 4.

Forzum
  • Forzum

Fossy

• Members

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:39 PM

Looks cool, hopefully it will still have drifting in it, Gymkhana was awesome in Dirt3.

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:27 AM

New trailer:

Looks nice. Looking forward to the Demo Derby trailer though/

4 Bagger
  • 4 Bagger

Malapropos

• Members

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:34 PM

This is the kind of game I've always wanted. I loved DiRT and I love the Demolition Derby idea. biggrin.gif

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:39 PM

New Trailer:

Mother of god, definitely a buy for me. icon14.gif

Kuruma.
  • Kuruma.

turnt up

• The Yardies
  • Scotland

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:56 PM

some good gameplay here

Although it is the pre alpha version it looks like good fun for multiplayer.

Kuruma.
  • Kuruma.

turnt up

• The Yardies
  • Scotland

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:00 PM

sorry for double post but the game has been announced to come out on may 25, and a demo will be released on steam on may 1.
http://www.pcgamer.c...name=0&ns_fee=0

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:00 PM Edited by illegal_luggage, 24 April 2012 - 01:37 PM.

I miss the rallying from DiRT and DiRT2. There needs to be a modern fairly realistic rally game like Richard Burns Rally. Put in tons of rally cars ranging from Nova's to top class Evo's and include a wide range of stages including England. I feel Codemasters have turned a rally series into a little kids demolition derby sad.gif DiRT3 didn't contain enough rally content and you had to buy cars they've taken out the game as DLC.

I won't be holding my breath for any decent rally content in DiRT4. Nothing will match RSRBR 2012.

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Talented [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful 2011
    Most Talented [Expression] 2011
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2011
    Best Member in a Group 2011
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2011
    Most Respected 2010
    Most Helpful 2010
    Most Talented [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2010

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:18 PM

No comments so far about the demo version, smashing others with the van is damn fun. smile.gif

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:56 PM

i've loved destruction derby games since young, after seeing this thread last night i downloaded the demo. I loved it, i'm definitely buying this game.

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:01 PM

I've played trough the demo and it was pretty much OK. Why do I have a feeling that the graphics are outdated? Burnout Paradise (2008) looks better imo.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (Mati @ Thursday, May 3 2012, 15:01)
I've played trough the demo and it was pretty much OK. Why do I have a feeling that the graphics are outdated? Burnout Paradise (2008) looks better imo.

i disagree, i don't think any burnout game has particularly nice graphics, i do agree these dirt showdown graphics aren't the best however, but good enough to keep me happy with a racing game like this.

Kuruma.
  • Kuruma.

turnt up

• The Yardies
  • Scotland

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:49 PM

Going to give the demo a download now and try it, I doubt I'll be actually getting this game when it comes out though.

4 Bagger
  • 4 Bagger

Malapropos

• Members

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:21 PM

The demo is a bit "meh" really. Quite mediocre. Expected a lot better to be honest...

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:35 AM

am i the only 1 having issues with signing up for racenet?

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:36 AM

QUOTE (4 Bagger @ Friday, May 4 2012, 05:21)
The demo is a bit "meh" really. Quite mediocre. Expected a lot better to be honest...

It was 'meh' indeed.

Maybe because there was no Destruction Derby in that demo? Also the commentaries, it's so... 'eh'

@kudoboi: Yeah it seems a lot of people are having issues with it when I saw loads of it posted in their Facebook Page comments.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE (DneroJohnson @ Friday, May 4 2012, 10:36)
QUOTE (4 Bagger @ Friday, May 4 2012, 05:21)

It was 'meh' indeed.

Maybe because there was no Destruction Derby in that demo? Also the commentaries, it's so... 'eh'

@kudoboi: Yeah it seems a lot of people are having issues with it when I saw loads of it posted in their Facebook Page comments.

i dont see any1 having the problem but me lol.. hell some1 just signed up like 3 hours ago..
idk whts the problem.. i cant access the sign up or login page on both my phone and comp.. if i switch my phone to 3G it doesnt even load the racenet site but i can go into the F1 closed beta sign up page while i cant do that on PC.. something is rly f*cked up

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:47 PM Edited by John The Grudge, 04 May 2012 - 12:49 PM.

I was disappointed that they chose to include the figure 8 track in the demo instead of a circuit or something. I'm still looking for something to follow on from the last FlatOut. Hopefully Dirt: Showdown is it but I need to see more than a figure of 8.

I felt a little disappointed with the destruction derby. I don't think the vehicle physics lends itself well to that style of gameplay. Ideally for me vehicles would have a feeling of weight and acceleration would be more realistic. I'd say this mode exposes the vehicle physics to be overly simplistic. I'd have also preferred it if the destruction derby was a last man standing affair, rather than it being points based where everybody keeps respawning until the timer runs out.

I still have hope that the final game will serve as an enjoyable multiplayer arcade racer.

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:10 PM

I remember the Flatout games, they were great fun the first and second ones. I played the DiRT Showdown demo and it was what I expected. A dull track with an annoying Yank as a commentator, driving physics that feel out of place and I just feel disappointed towards Codemasters. Poor old Colin Mcrae had his rally games turned into this rubbish.

Kimd41
  • Kimd41

SRS

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:28 PM

The game is very poor in my opinion. Everything is just "meh", and the DD physics looks just awful and not fun at all. I hope they're making this so DiRT4 is rally only. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users