Photo

Instrumental Hip-Hop

40 replies to this topic
Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:16 PM Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 08 September 2012 - 02:33 PM.

@WastedEngland Me not the paper, one of my favourite beats, so glad you posted that.. And Black Helicopters.
@Kippers Suicide is also an insanely sick beat...

My mate George Fields got an instrumental EP coming out very soon on vinyl, From The Sticks EP. Beats themselves and artwork is already done as is the pressing (i think). But yeah when it comes out I'll drop some links here so you people can have a listen. Strictly Underground Old School 90's feeling beats, MPC 60, EPS 16+ and vinyl samples. The snippet video is almost finished also, i will drop that in this thread when it's done.

Edit : Had to leave you with a few favourites of mine..

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:23 PM

The bass in this is just ahhhhahahsjdihwjhbvcyvey

WastedEngland
  • WastedEngland

Miscreant.

• Members

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:46 PM Edited by WastedEngland, 08 September 2012 - 11:11 PM.

@Cosmic Gypsy
Thanks man, I was actually looking for the instrumental to Jeru's Invasion track but I couldn't find it, then I remembered how good Me Not The Paper sounded. Listening to them both Me not the paper is simpler but just lingers in your head more so it was probably for the better.

And yeah, I've not always liked Necro's lyrical stuff but some of his beats are downright sinister.

Some more whilst I think of them:

Love the dark and deep beats like that one shot instrumental you posted, specially from the 1:15 mark.

*late edit:
It seems that the most unique beats seem to be without instrumental versions, shame whatsthat.gif

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:27 PM

Trebles & Blues is a small-time artist that currently has one free album available and is almost finished producing the next right now. He takes a lot of inspiration from artists like Nujabes, Nightmares on Wax, and J-Dilla.

You can download the album - again, for free - here.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE (WastedEngland @ Saturday, Sep 8 2012, 22:46)
And yeah, I've not always liked Necro's lyrical stuff but some of his beats are downright sinister.

Yeah, love necro beats, Agent Orange / RadioHead are classic instrumentals / tracks, shame cage and necro didn't drop more tracks. I actually heard somewhere that a lot (or maybe all) beats on Non Phixion - The Future Is Now were originally made for cage, but he turned them down, don't quote me on that though.

Venom
  • Venom

Zpider-Man

• Zaibatsu
  • England

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:34 PM

If you liked the newer DJ Shadow, I think some of his best production is found on UNKLE's Psyence Fiction. I'm still surprised by how much of this album is sampled.

WastedEngland
  • WastedEngland

Miscreant.

• Members

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

@Pat
Thanks for sharing that, I've been meaning to get some more chilled/blues style stuff. It being free just makes it all the better.

content:

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:32 AM Edited by DOOM!, 26 September 2012 - 08:45 AM.

I found this gem.

God damn this is beautiful stuff.

JuventusFC
  • JuventusFC

Vincere non importante, ma l'unica cosa che conta

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:07 AM

Madvillainy instrumentals

/Thread

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:17 AM Edited by Pat, 07 October 2012 - 02:37 AM.

Going to go ahead and bump this thread with an artist I've been meaning to share for a while. Prefuse 73 (other pseudonyms include Delarosa & Asora, Amhmad Szabo, & Piano Overlord), real name Guillermo Scott Herren, has always been a personal favorite of mine. First introduced to his music by certain [adult swim] bumps between 2004-2006, I have since investigated his productions heavily, and have been a massive fan of all of them. Now, if we were beginners here, I would likely recommend something that's a little more mainstream like One Word Extinguisher. We aren't beginners, though - I suspect that the majority of us are here because we want to find stuff that we haven't heard before. Therefore, I'm going to post what is possibly one of the most abstract hip hop albums I have ever listened to: Everything She Touched Turned Ampexian.

I really don't know how to explain this album other than that, to me, it's one big song. The album is divided into twenty nine parts, the majority of which range between thirty seconds to two minutes. Only several songs on the album can be considered full-length, stand alone songs. The rest, however, are designed to flow together, and on many you'll find yourself struggling to catch the end of one song and the beginning of another. Along with this comes the fact that many of the songs differ greatly in composition - you can go from listening to a slow, peaceful track directly into a fast paced and very bass-heavy track without even noticing the exact transition.

I'm going to post the first four songs of the album, and I urge you to listen to them in order. The album will make so much less of an impact if you divide it up separately.

Edit: I accidentally used Parachute Panador twice, I apologize for the mistake

And going against my previous advice of not splitting the album up, I'm going to post my favorite example of the full-length songs in the album, the song in particular being Digan Lo.

Overall, I would say this is a good candidate for my favorite instrumental hip-hop album of all time, and I urge you all to give it a try. It is certainly a very niche album, and I doubt many will like it as much as I do, but I still felt it was worth sharing.

WastedEngland
  • WastedEngland

Miscreant.

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:25 AM Edited by WastedEngland, 02 March 2013 - 12:36 AM.

I have some treats:

The Video to the edIT track is mesmerizing.
"Show 'em that you're better" is one of the most soothing tracks I've ever heard.
On Ghostwriter from 1:28 onwards will have you nodding your head and
just about anything by RJD2 is worth listening to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users