Photo

GTA V's weapons

36 replies to this topic
Bobbyleez
  • Bobbyleez

MARK NUTT!!

• Members

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:27 PM

Hey guys, I'm a new member (old salker though, never took the time to sign up). And with the couple of months I've been hovering, I haven't seen a topic like this..

My question is, how do you think they'll make the weapon animations? I mean, as much as I loved GTA IV, i really didn't like how they implemented the animations.
- Handguns didn't cock back (no biggie I guess)

- The reload animation made Niko/Johnny/Luis manually cock the handgun everytime you reloaded, even if there was a bullet in the chamber.

- when you had the M-4, he'd never pull out the magazine, and cock the gun, in a way is completely impossible ( a la holywood, where you pull on the ejection port) Since M-4's don't even have that option.

Anyways, you catch my drift... Am I being to much of an attention who*e? Or are some of you agreeing? What's your opinion on the fact?

Keyword: OPINION.

P.S. Sorry for grammatical errors or whatnot, french canadian..

skillz7855
  • skillz7855

Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (Bobbyleez @ Monday, Dec 12 2011, 15:27)
Hey guys, I'm a new member (old salker though, never took the time to sign up). And with the couple of months I've been hovering, I haven't seen a topic like this..

My question is, how do you think they'll make the weapon animations? I mean, as much as I loved GTA IV, i really didn't like how they implemented the animations.
- Handguns didn't cock back (no biggie I guess)

- The reload animation made Niko/Johnny/Luis manually cock the handgun everytime you reloaded, even if there was a bullet in the chamber.

- when you had the M-4, he'd never pull out the magazine, and cock the gun, in a way is completely impossible ( a la holywood, where you pull on the ejection port) Since M-4's don't even have that option.

Anyways, you catch my drift... Am I being to much of an attention who*e? Or are some of you agreeing? What's your opinion on the fact?

Keyword: OPINION.

P.S. Sorry for grammatical errors or whatnot, french canadian..

Well they were working with a new engine at the time they probably couldn't get that fixed properly.

Jacko427
  • Jacko427

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:03 PM

Why are you quoting the whole first post? suicidal.gif

Cock&Balls
  • Cock&Balls

Dipped in bread crumbs

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:03 PM

After seeing what they did in red dead, I think this will be improved upon... And no, you are not an attention whore, these are small details that make a big difference.

Trideez
  • Trideez

GTAForums OG

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:21 PM

Should they have realistic.....

YES. YES to realistic everything.

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:25 PM

I don't expect gun animations in GTA, but I hope they're in Max Payne 3.

I really don't care about gun realism in GTA. The sound effects are always terrible, though. It literally sounds like a guy going Pit-choo! into a microphone. RDR had infinitely better sound.

Zee
  • Zee

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Comedian of the Year 2011

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:27 PM

I agree with you completely OP, it just shows R*s laziness knows no bounds. For f*cks sake, even the sildes on the pistols slide back in Saints Row 3. Its pathetic in a game about crime how little attention is paid to the guns. For example, cod mw3s devs make sure the weapons are all correct, and that why theyre the leader in sales right now.

Tipper
  • Tipper

Playa

• Members

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:31 PM

It would be a nice addition. If they don't fix it, no big deal, but as some one said, little changes can make all the difference.

add water
  • add water

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:53 PM

remeber how long ago that was though,

GTA IV-2008
We all probley thought that was f*cking sick the way they reloaded

GTA V-2011?
We are all going to look back on IV and be like, f*ck that

Bobbyleez
  • Bobbyleez

MARK NUTT!!

• Members

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:11 PM

@ add water

It actually was one of the first things i noticed... I know max payne 3 has good gun animation, in the vids you see the slide go backwards, so thats already that!

I loved The Darkness when it came to gun animation! Sure the game wasn't realistic in the way all weapons were single action only, but every gun worked like they were supposed to, i really loved that!

alifjenius
  • alifjenius

I'm back (again)

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:15 PM

Yeah, similiar with the others GTA, the reloading is static (empty magazines don't fall, no new magazine put in, no cocking, only the animation)

But this is 2011 now, R* probably fixed it already. It will be dynamic reloading like all the others game

Bobbyleez
  • Bobbyleez

MARK NUTT!!

• Members

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:19 PM

True, I'm guessing they'll just adopt RDR mechanic and tweak it for their own guns, just a guess.

el_roy1985
  • el_roy1985

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE (Zee @ Monday, Dec 12 2011, 19:27)
I agree with you completely OP, it just shows R*s laziness knows no bounds. For f*cks sake, even the sildes on the pistols slide back in Saints Row 3. Its pathetic in a game about crime how little attention is paid to the guns. For example, cod mw3s devs make sure the weapons are all correct, and that why theyre the leader in sales right now.

Yup, super lazy... They build their own physics engine, create a rather large detailed map, add a storyline (well, a few), get multiplayer in there, have mini games, and since they didnt add proper gun animations, they ar lazy piles... Im sure it just really ruined the gaming experience for everyone too. I didnt even realize this till I read this topic. Sure, realistic animations would be nice, but it sure didnt change my enjoyment for the game. You know what, I bet R* left them out because they knew it wouldn't, and they needed the.time to put into more important issues.

So please, grow up. R* has brought us some of the most finished games I've ever played. Sure IV was missing a lot that we loved from previous GTAs, but it still took a lot of work to get where they did and has minimal glitches. It has provided me with countless hours of entertainment, and I'm positive it was only meant to be a taste (and something to get us by for the time being) of what's to come in V.

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (Zee @ Monday, Dec 12 2011, 19:27)

Yeah come on, not trying to start a flame war, but how can you use COD as an example of how lazy R* are? Every COD game is almost identicle every year. They are good games, but Activision and IW/Treyarch are the definition of lazy.

Little William
  • Little William

Mangi PNG ya!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:33 PM

Umm, could not find a weapons topic? Just click on my signature.

Bobbyleez
  • Bobbyleez

MARK NUTT!!

• Members

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:52 PM

Did you even read the topic?

Your topic is an endless book of what weapons should be in the game, at what price, etc.

My topic is about the weapon animations, how they'll interact in the world.

The two are completely different, and I thought one would have guessed just with a glimpse that I was talking solely about the animations...

I didn't find any topic on weapon ANIMATIONS.... is that better!?

ko3219
  • ko3219

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (Bobbyleez @ Monday, Dec 12 2011, 21:52)

Your topic is an endless book of what weapons should be in the game, at what price, etc.

The two are completely different, and I thought one would have guessed just with a glimpse that I was talking solely about the animations...

No

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (Bobbyleez @ Monday, Dec 12 2011, 15:52)

I had the thought of making my own topic about gun mechanics for a long time now, but I haven't done it since it most likely be extremely lengthy.

After playing games with ballistics that are at least somewhat realistic along with (more importantly) firing guns in the real world, I can tell you that R* doesn't know sh*t about guns. Why the hell would you pull on the charging handle on an ArmaLite rifle? Anybody that's somewhat smart would use the bolt release. To add to that, guns never have moving parts in the games R* makes. The guns don't even have recoil (only "spread"). Hell, the GTA series would even be more interesting if R* finally ditched the hit-scan system, but that would probably put too much strain on the RAGE game engine.

J-B
  • J-B

The Benz

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (Zee @ Monday, Dec 12 2011, 13:27)

Yep compare games from 2011 to one from 2008. Take a look at SR2 , out the same year as IV. Had no moving slides , no charging handles , and the only guns that had working magazines were the assault rifles.

Come on Zee you're arguments seem half assed as of late. What happened to your whit ? You just seem to be angrily grasping at straws now.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:36 PM

Crouch with the M4 and you do that "pull-out-magazine" animation.

Little William
  • Little William

Mangi PNG ya!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:05 PM Edited by Little William, 12 December 2011 - 11:08 PM.

But you can discuss the weapons animations on my thread too. Either that or ask the mods (Ryan, K^2, Mati and so on) to change your topic title to "Weapons Animations". Otherwise there will be a dozen "weapons" topics on this forum before the year ends. I am sure the mods would not like that.

TrialzGTAS
  • TrialzGTAS

Hopes for turnout gear in V!

• Members

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:15 PM

Lots of real, but we also need some fun ones.

Pistols: Glock, D'eagle, Colt Python
SMG: Tec 9, MP5 Extended Mag, P90
Assault Rifle: M4A1, AK-47, M-16
Shotgun: 12 Gauge, Sawned Off, AA-12
Special: Flamethrower, RPG, Chain Gun
Portable: Grenades, Molotovs, Semtex
Tools (Fun =]) Nail Gun (VC was going to have one), Hammer, Screw Driver, Lead Rod, Chainsaw, Wrench
Misc: Pepper Spray, Chain Mace, Sword, Light Saber, Sex Toy, Plastic Bag (Manhunt), Barb'd Wire

31 pieces of fun weaponry =]

skillz7855
  • skillz7855

Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:21 PM Edited by skillz7855, 12 December 2011 - 11:24 PM.

The only places you see people walking around with guns is 3rd world countries.
I rather keep the gun out your pocket magic trick.In less they add a feature where certain clothing you have on you can carry more weapons like a trench coat you can hold bigger weapons less cloths like shirt and pants hand guns or machine guns.

Elric101
  • Elric101

This is who I am, but wheres the eggman...

• Members

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:44 PM

The gun sounds are not very accurate, and the rate of fire on ak-47, m4, and smg's is a little slower than it should be in GTAIV. But didn't anybody notice how flawed and ineffective the rocket launcher was? It's the biggest problem with the weapons in GTAIV, the rockets are slow traveling it's very hard to hit a target, the real RPG-7 has a muzzle velocity of about 350 feet per second and a motor burn-out velocity of about 950 fps. This is what it looks like:RPG firing It reaches it's target much faster than in the game, and it also doesn't produce a smoke trail, this should be fixed in GTAV.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (Elric101 @ Monday, Dec 12 2011, 17:44)
The gun sounds are not very accurate, and the rate of fire on ak-47, m4, and smg's is a little slower than it should be in GTAIV. But didn't anybody notice how flawed and ineffective the rocket launcher was? It's the biggest problem with the weapons in GTAIV, the rockets are slow traveling it's very hard to hit a target, the real RPG-7 has a muzzle velocity of about 350 feet per second and a motor burn-out velocity of about 950 fps. This is what it looks like:RPG firing It reaches it's target much faster than in the game, and it also doesn't produce a smoke trail, this should be fixed in GTAV.

Did you notice how fast bullets moved in GTA IV? They moved at infinite speeds due to hit-scan! I actually think it's time for GTA to bring in more realistic ballistics. These are the days where anything that is half-assed is considered very gimmicky. Well, guns have been half-assed in GTA games and even Red Dead Redemption.

Bobbyleez
  • Bobbyleez

MARK NUTT!!

• Members

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE (Little William @ Monday, Dec 12 2011, 23:05)

But you can discuss the weapons animations on my thread too. Either that or ask the mods (Ryan, K^2, Mati and so on) to change your topic title to "Weapons Animations". Otherwise there will be a dozen "weapons" topics on this forum before the year ends. I am sure the mods would not like that.

Thats actually a good point. Didn't think of that, will do!

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:01 AM

I'm sure GTA V will have better reloading animations. In fact, the tiniest of all details actually is what makes a game from being realistic or unrealistic.

J-B
  • J-B

The Benz

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:07 AM

QUOTE (CryptReaperDorian @ Monday, Dec 12 2011, 18:10)

Did you notice how fast bullets moved in GTA IV? They moved at infinite speeds due to hit-scan! I actually think it's time for GTA to bring in more realistic ballistics. These are the days where anything that is half-assed is considered very gimmicky. Well, guns have been half-assed in GTA games and even Red Dead Redemption.

Oh come on. The guns are fine. I would however like to know your exact reason for considering them half assed and what games do you think do it better. The only game I really know that has bullet travel time is BF series.

Bobbyleez
  • Bobbyleez

MARK NUTT!!

• Members

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:24 AM

QUOTE (J-B @ Tuesday, Dec 13 2011, 01:07)
QUOTE (CryptReaperDorian @ Monday, Dec 12 2011, 18:10)

Did you notice how fast bullets moved in GTA IV?  They moved at infinite speeds due to hit-scan!  I actually think it's time for GTA to bring in more realistic ballistics.  These are the days where anything that is half-assed is considered very gimmicky.  Well, guns have been half-assed in GTA games and even Red Dead Redemption.

Oh come on. The guns are fine. I would however like to know your exact reason for considering them half assed and what games do you think do it better. The only game I really know that has bullet travel time is BF series.

All of the operation flashpoints do. Also ARMA 1 and 2. Dunno if theres more...

But those are hardcore "warsim" games, i dont think a game like GTA actually needs realistic ballistics....

J-B
  • J-B

The Benz

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:37 AM

QUOTE (Bobbyleez @ Monday, Dec 12 2011, 19:24)

All of the operation flashpoints do. Also ARMA 1 and 2. Dunno if theres more...

But those are hardcore "warsim" games, i dont think a game like GTA actually needs realistic ballistics....

Exactly. I hate to be one of those this is GTA not "insert name hear" simulator guys but I really don't think GTA needs real world ballistics. I don't have anything against realistic reload animations. IV felt natural enough when it came to bullet speed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users