Quantcast

» «
Photo

If Vice City never returns, would it be so bad?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic
Buffalo Soldier
  • Buffalo Soldier

The Man Himself.

• Members

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:29 AM

I've been on here, YouTube and a few other random gaming forums and when people talk about GTA's future it seems to be about how amazing it is that San Andreas is being revisited just like Liberty City was.

And I've seen on here a few times, people mentioning that for GTA 6 - it's very likely that we could see a return to Vice City - just so Rockstar could basically revamp that city and make it perfect and exactly how they wanted it to be, just like they did with Liberty City and now they're doing with Los Santos.

But for some reason I can't see them doing this, I don't know why though - I don't get why they would skip Vice City and go straight to San Andreas, when that's not how it initially went in the III Era?

Also I think the only reason Rockstar are returning to SA is because of the amount of flack they've gotten over the years from all the little San Andreas pussies moaning about how good it was and that IV sucked because it wasn't San Andreas. sarcasm.gif

Anyway back to Vice City,

Do you think in a way - if we DON'T get to see Vice City again, we're actually lucky as VC fans?
Because GTA V is going to be set in a completely different time frame from San Andreas - and there won't be the whole 90's Rap and the general feel to it anymore, and all those San Andreas fan boys are going to be so dissapointed.

But the thing that made Vice City, what it was - wasn't the storyline [maybe it was for some people] but it was the 80's, The Vibe, The Atmosphere and The Music - so if they revisited Vice City in a, say - 2014 Time Frame, surely it would kind of kill the memories we had of the original Vice City?

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:34 AM

If they did another VC, it would be in the 80s. Thats what VC was; 80s Miami culture. Making it in the present day wouldn't work.

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:37 AM

It made sense post-trailer for V to be set in San Andreas. R* did say they wanted to go back to Liberty City first and fully flesh it out, make it what they originally wanted it to be. We'd already had LCS and VCS so GTA V is basically a overhauled, overdue San Andreas Stories.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:43 AM

Actually, they already remade Vice City and it was also set in the 80's as well-remember Vice City Stories? That was a Vice City remake...lol tounge2.gif lol.gif Besides, this is the Vice City section, NOT the GTA Series Chat section, so can we please keep all discussion related to the game at hand, which is Vice City, which is already out as of 2002/2003. tounge2.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users