Photo

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater [HD]

39 replies to this topic
Butters 2011
  • Butters 2011

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE (WastedEngland @ Wednesday, Dec 14 2011, 01:01)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD likely won't include original soundtrack(s)

I hope they resolve this, The soundtracks were memorable in their own right.

From the article:

Second, music licensing is a one-time deal. The songs from the original games were only licensed for those specific games on those specific platforms at that specific time. Any other versions created later would need new licensing deals. This is also why not all songs from earlier Guitar Hero games are importable into later games: They only signed permission for it to be used in that one game. Any change means it’s a different deal.

Pretty bummed it won't likely have the original soundtrack, but it's understandable when you look at what I quoted. Plus, he mentioned that whilst this is a HD remake, it's still a 'new game' in it's own rights, so deserves a new soundtrack. No doubt it will still be songs closely linked to the originals, maybe?

Still awaiting news of secret characters.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:24 AM

Can't wait for this! I still remember spending countless hours trying to nail the perfect line in THUG 2.

Redketman
  • Redketman

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:36 AM Edited by Redketman, 24 April 2012 - 06:38 AM.

This game is about to get released soon and I'm very excited about it. I actually think this is the game I'm looking forward to the most just ahead GTA V and the Pokémon Black/White sequel.

Tony Hawk, GTA and Pokémon are my favourite video game franchises of all time and I remember playing Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1, 2 and 3 in the early 2000s. Those games actually made me start skateboarding in real life and that's something I'm very proud of. I didn't buy the other Tony Hawk-games until 2007-2008 when I begun to play Tony Hawk's Pro skater 4. This might be the best game in the series. Then I played Tony Hawk's Underground 2 which was an awesome game with plenty stuff to do. I think that's the game I've played the most on GameCube and there have been many Free Skate sessions. It's a little bit different game in some ways though. I can agree that the game reminds me of Jackass especially since both Wee Man, Bam Margera and Steve-o are in the game. Overall I think many agree that this is a great game but some people say that after this game or maybe American Wasteland, the series began to fall apart. I bought American Wasteland and Tony Hawk's Underground in 2007 and some months later I bought the two PS3 titles. Those two titles weren't as good as the PS1 and PS2 titles but they were still great games.

Tony Hawk Ride was mediocre and Tony Hawk Shred was a bad game because it was almost the same game as Ride. All the great skaters were gone too. No Ryan Sheckler, Rodney Mullen, Daewon Song, Mike Vallely and so on. The only good add-on in Shred was Geoff Rowley. You can't win any movies in the game which was one of my favourite features in the older Tony Hawk games. No Park editor or any cool stuff were found in Tony Hawk Shred. Also, the board you play the game with doesn't work very well at times.

The early Tony Hawk games are almost perfect. I'm really looking forward to playing the old school levels with all the cool features. Hopefully there'll be a great soundtrack, movies, Park Editor, cool missions and many good skaters. So far the only classic Tony Hawk skaters we know are in the game are: Eric Koston, Andrew Reynolds, Rodney Mullen and of course Tony Hawk himself. I'd like to see some other skaters too like Bob Burnquist, Geoff Rowley, Jamie Thomas, Bucky Lasek and so on. I mean, they aren't that old and they're still popular skaters. By the way Bucky was my favourite skater back in the day.

What do you think about the game? Which was your favourite skater in the old Tony Hawk games? Any special songs or features you want to see in the game? I don't know if the soundtrack has been revealed yet but apparently there'll be 50% new songs and 50% old Tony Hawk songs which I think is great. Overall I would welcome some new things in the game as long as it's good.

ChopTheDog.
  • ChopTheDog.

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:43 PM

I have to say by far the best Tony hawks game I've played is 'THUG' (Tony hawks underground) for PS2

I loved this game and its online abilities, I carried on playing this game right up until I got my Xbox 360, I went back a couple of month ago and the online servers are dead, Meh Good days have gone...

I also enjoyed, THUG2, and THAW.

Yeah people say 'Skate games are better', In all fairness the only advantage Skate has over Tony hawks is realism, I'd much rather enjoy getting big combo's and having wacky levels to explore than maybe doing a '360 flip' over a gap and feeling proud about it.

Oh and the soundtrack for THPS-HD is going to be half of the old soundtrack used in the old games and half new tracks not featured before, Also its going to be released on PSN and XBL

I can't wait for this game!

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

He got off his board near the end, sh*t game Nr. 7

Redketman
  • Redketman

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (The_Sorrow @ Tuesday, Apr 24 2012, 12:43)
I have to say by far the best Tony hawks game I've played is 'THUG' (Tony hawks underground) for PS2

I loved this game and its online abilities, I carried on playing this game right up until I got my Xbox 360, I went back a couple of month ago and the online servers are dead, Meh Good days have gone...

I also enjoyed, THUG2, and THAW.

Yeah people say 'Skate games are better', In all fairness the only advantage Skate has over Tony hawks is realism, I'd much rather enjoy getting big combo's and having wacky levels to explore than maybe doing a '360 flip' over a gap and feeling proud about it.

Oh and the soundtrack for THPS-HD is going to be half of the old soundtrack used in the old games and half new tracks not featured before, Also its going to be released on PSN and XBL

I can't wait for this game!

Yes, THUG is a really good game. I thought it was almost as good as THPS4. In fact those two games are very similar in many ways although THUG is the first game which features a story mode which was kind of cool.

And it's true that the Skate-series has reached popularity because of the realism. Personally I think the Skate-games are okay but they aren't as good as the Tony Hawk games. I also thought the sequels were repetitive. Shaun White Skateboarding was a good game but it's not one of the most popular skate games.

Overall it feels like Skateboarding-games were more popular and revolutionary before. Even before the Tony Hawk series became one of the very popular video game franchises there were many different kind of games featuring skateboarding. I haven't even heard something about Skate 4 and I have no idea how the future Tony Hawks will look. As far as I know Tony Hawk has a contract with Activision until at least 2015 so they will continue to make games for sure.

By the way I thought it was kind of expected that Tony Hawk would want to work on a remake of the series because it was pretty clear that the last two games weren't something good at all.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:42 AM

From Wikipedia "The only songs confirmed for the game thus far are; You by Bad Religion (THPS2), and Superman by Goldfinger (THPS1)."

Tony Hawk himself posted on his facebook about Bad Religion being in the game, but I didn't really hear anything about Goldfinger.

But there would be no way they would make this game and not have Superman in there. Because Superman IS Tony Hawk's Pro Skater.

Benjimino234
  • Benjimino234

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

• Members

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

THPS 1 is very vague to me even though I did play it when I was younger, don't think I owned it. I have more memories of THPS3 and the underground series. I was put off by the Tony Hawk games after they got into 'realism' from Skate (such as nail the trick) and that stupid motion control thing. I want that old school arcade and I think it'll turn out well.

Butters 2011
  • Butters 2011

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:26 AM

Out of the whole series, I think Project 8 was the TH game I spent the most time on, and enjoyed the most. Yeah, the early ones were great when they were around, but Project 8 was one of the best in the series. It did get rather annoyingly tedious at times, such as getting to the locations of certain tapes and whatnot, but it was still a great game.

Still going to be getting this game though...when I finally get my 360 back.

Redketman
  • Redketman

Hustler

• Members

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE (Futurama_Freak1 @ Thursday, Apr 26 2012, 08:42)
From Wikipedia "The only songs confirmed for the game thus far are; You by Bad Religion (THPS2), and Superman by Goldfinger (THPS1)."

Tony Hawk himself posted on his facebook about Bad Religion being in the game, but I didn't really hear anything about Goldfinger.

But there would be no way they would make this game and not have Superman in there. Because Superman IS Tony Hawk's Pro Skater.

I agree! Superman was probably the most memorable song in the first Tony Hawk game. Also, I'm not really a music fan so I didn't even know what Goldfinger was before I played the Tony Hawk games. Goldfinger is one of the best bands in the Tony Hawk franchise.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users