C++ Advice

4 replies to this topic
ChopTheDog.
  • ChopTheDog.

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:06 PM

My ultimate goal is to create asi plugins and stuff for the GTA games, but since theres no real tutorial on doing exactly this, is anybody willing to give me instructions or a little tutorial? thanks guys icon14.gif

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:25 PM

Download ScriptHook dev kit for GTA IV, and take a look at some example code. Most of it is pretty self-explanatory. You do need to know a few thins about namespaces and general object oriented programming to work with ScriptHook.

ChopTheDog.
  • ChopTheDog.

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE (K^2 @ Sunday, Dec 11 2011, 20:25)
Download ScriptHook dev kit for GTA IV, and take a look at some example code. Most of it is pretty self-explanatory. You do need to know a few thins about namespaces and general object oriented programming to work with ScriptHook.

Yeah i downloaded it but had no idea what to do next.

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE (The_Sorrow @ Monday, Dec 12 2011, 14:15)
QUOTE (K^2 @ Sunday, Dec 11 2011, 20:25)

Yeah i downloaded it but had no idea what to do next.

Well, you better start reading some C++ manuals. There isn't much we can do to help you, you have to learn programming by yourself.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:08 PM

Pretty much. You need to understand how a DLL is compiled from source files and enough C++ to follow the source codes in the examples. The speedometer example is a bit more advanced, since it does DX rendering, but other examples are very basic. If you can't follow these, you need to learn more C++.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users