Photo

Running

36 replies to this topic
SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

The Number of the Beast

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:18 PM

It does that interval thing that's supposed to be better for burning fat. First week you do 60 seconds high intensity followed by 90 seconds of walking and it goes up in increments. By week 9 you're supposed to be able to do 5k (3 miles) non-stop, with an option to buy a 5k to 10k schedule once you finish.

I'm sceptical but I'm thinking of just downloading some audiobooks to listen to while running and just getting it done tounge.gif

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

l'administration vous emmerde

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:05 PM

Not a big fan of just running to run, but I don't seem to mind when it's within the context of a sport. Yet I still push my to go run about twice a week simply for the sake of attempting to stay fit.

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

The Number of the Beast

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:07 PM

I play five-a-side football 1-2 times a week but two footed tackles and shouting at other players doesn't do much for fitness. Think a more structured attempt where I have to push myself will get rid of my beer gut.

Irviding
  • Irviding

No bed crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:09 PM

I honestly can't run for sh*t. I do the bare minimum to keep my body looking good aesthetically. I usually use the recumbent bike or the elliptical instead at the gym for about 10 minutes after I finish lifting, then on off days I'll do about 25 minutes of HIIT. That's it for me - no crazy 5 mile runs.

Sean_R_LFC
  • Sean_R_LFC

We don't need no thought control

• Members

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:22 PM Edited by Sean_R_LFC, 14 March 2012 - 11:37 PM.

I started running about a month ago, i found a great little app called mapmyrun+ it's free and it works good, real good.

EDIT
Some info about my running, when I started I was doing a 2 and a half mile run on flat ground. I have progressed to a 3 mile run with a 250ft incline and it is very strenuous. I've been doing this for a week and I've started making progress. Good luck!

Hell No..
  • Hell No..

Dad.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

Indeed. I'm really into the power walking at the moment as I can go on for longer. I've just come back from doing another 6 miles which brings my total since last Wed (walking every other day) to 21.4 miles. smile.gif

stu
  • stu

Ya filthy animal.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:14 PM

Nice to hear some of you are doing well with your endeavours, I still haven't got back into it yet. I need to get my lazy ass into gear and start it soon. The actual running isn't the hard part, it's actually making the commitment to start doing it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users