Fast Reply

10 replies to this topic
Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

Nitesh aka AAAAAAA

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:10 AM

If it's there for the DYOM: Support subforum, why not in DYOM: Missions?

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:23 PM

I'm not a member of staff, but I do remember the spamming that used to happen in the DYOM forums somewhere in the Spring - Summer 2011. The fast reply button encourages to post, at least that's what it does to me. I'm not sure though, it's only my opinion.

john12
  • john12

Good Bye!

• Members

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:11 PM

Wow, really? We need more MODS arond DYOM Section. When is the contest held every year in this forum? confused.gif

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:17 PM

I think you're talking about the Annual Awards. They should take place somewhere in Spring 2012. But I don't get what has this to do with the Fast Reply subject...

john12
  • john12

Good Bye!

• Members

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:50 PM

With it we can select more Moderating team for keeping a watch on the DYOM Section. smile.gif

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

Nitesh aka AAAAAAA

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (miromiro @ Friday, Dec 9 2011, 16:23)
I'm not a member of staff, but I do remember the spamming that used to happen in the DYOM forums somewhere in the Spring - Summer 2011. The fast reply button encourages to post, at least that's what it does to me. I'm not sure though, it's only my opinion.

I know about the spam attacks but recently there have been no attacks as such. But the thing is, if the reason for them not being there is spam attacks on the DYOM forums, then why is it there in the DYOM: Support section?

DYOM: Missions was initially merged inside the DYOM: Support. It was something like this:
DYOM: Support
>DYOM: Missions
>>Mission topics here.
>Support topics here.
(I hope it is understandable)
I didn't know about the fast reply feature at that time, so I don't know if it was initially there. Can it be that it was forgotten to be kept when DYOM: Missions was separated and given its own sub forum? Or it may just be that it is not kept for reason of spam as you said.

Why I think it should be added is that most of the time, we only post updates of new missions releases or feedback on the missions, which doesn't need any quoting of previous posts. So it would be much easier to do this using the fast reply.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:54 PM

Is it really that hard to click the Add Reply button? Regardless of whether or not Fast Reply is enabled, you're still going to be restricted by flood control.

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

Nitesh aka AAAAAAA

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:29 PM

It's not hard to click the add reply button, but on the actual reply page, it becomes very difficult to type if you are using another device apart from a computer to view this site. And on top of that the extra charges for opening that page when using limited data bundles internet plan.

If the flood control is also enabled in the fast reply, then spam might not be an issue. And I don't think that spam is the reason that the fast reply is not enabled in the Dyom missions section because the GTA V section (where there are most complains about spam and trolling) also has the fast reply feature enabled.

john12
  • john12

Good Bye!

• Members

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:35 PM

Still in some places of Support, the fast reply is off.

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (john12 @ Friday, Dec 9 2011, 11:50)
With it we can select more Moderating team for keeping a watch on the DYOM Section. smile.gif

That won't happen. We don't select moderators.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (goin-god @ Friday, Dec 9 2011, 12:12)
QUOTE (john12 @ Friday, Dec 9 2011, 11:50)

That won't happen. We don't select moderators.

Precisely.

Moderators are appointed by staff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users