NBA 2011-2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
217 replies to this topic
InstantCClassic
  • InstantCClassic

Gatorade me, b*tch.

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE (Funktipus @ Friday, Apr 6 2012, 02:31)
QUOTE (InstantCClassic @ Tuesday, Apr 3 2012, 15:53)
Looking at the Heat's performance on Sunday, all I have to say is that they cannot win an NBA championship with poor defense and not utilizing their whole team. That's why I think the Bulls can win the ECFs this year because they have great chemistry. Bulls would've won in Game 5 if Rose passed the ball to Korver during the end of the 4th quarter.

I don't see any team in the east being a threat to Chicago & Miami. Both WILL be in the conference finals.

Knicks.

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Playa

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:43 AM

QUOTE (InstantCClassic @ Friday, Apr 6 2012, 17:10)
Knicks.

Nope - too many injuries. Without Lin, the PG situation is shaky. Sh*t, there's no guarantee the Knicks will make the playoffs. Their schedule is harder than Milwaukee's, starting with a home-and-away vs. Chicago.

InstantCClassic
  • InstantCClassic

Gatorade me, b*tch.

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (Funktipus @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 02:43)
Knicks.

Nope - too many injuries. Without Lin, the PG situation is shaky. Sh*t, there's no guarantee the Knicks will make the playoffs. Their schedule is harder than Milwaukee's, starting with a home-and-away vs. Chicago.

And the Knicks just beat the Bulls, unfortunately. Come Tuesday, Bulls will knock the Knicks out of their playoff run.

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Playa

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

Knicks had a big win in Milwaukee the other night, but they're not out of the woods yet. After Washington, it's Miami on Sunday then Boston twice - yikes.

InstantCClassic
  • InstantCClassic

Gatorade me, b*tch.

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (Funktipus @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 12:25)
Knicks had a big win in Milwaukee the other night, but they're not out of the woods yet. After Washington, it's Miami on Sunday then Boston twice - yikes.

Ouch. Miami has been struggling these last few games and Knicks are kinda bumpy along the road. Heat should win on Sunday and Boston shall destroy Knicks. Adding morphine to the Knicks' bloodstream.... devil.gif

pauliux2
  • pauliux2

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

I REALLY hope to see Oklahoma City Thunder - Miami Heat in the finals. That would be an epic battle.

Cuban Warlord
  • Cuban Warlord

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (Funktipus @ Friday, Apr 6 2012, 02:31)
QUOTE (InstantCClassic @ Tuesday, Apr 3 2012, 15:53)
Looking at the Heat's performance on Sunday, all I have to say is that they cannot win an NBA championship with poor defense and not utilizing their whole team. That's why I think the Bulls can win the ECFs this year because they have great chemistry. Bulls would've won in Game 5 if Rose passed the ball to Korver during the end of the 4th quarter.

I don't see any team in the east being a threat to Chicago & Miami. Both WILL be in the conference finals.

Knicks.

As far as Miami and Chicago being shoe-ins for the ECF, I think Boston has a shot to upset the Bulls.

I just have a feeling that its the Thunder's year. I think Durant gets his first ring.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:55 AM

Once 'Melo gets goin', he's goin'. They'll be a scary team if they make the playoffs.

It's either Thunder or Heats year to win. Almost seem flawless once both teams are streaking, but both teams have history of playoff troubles. Thunder with Westbrook handling the ball carelessly and Miami with LeBron in clutch time. It will be a interesting playoffs even more when we figure out who gets in.

InstantCClassic
  • InstantCClassic

Gatorade me, b*tch.

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:08 AM Edited by InstantCClassic, 16 April 2012 - 04:12 AM.

QUOTE (DOOM! @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 01:55)
Once 'Melo gets goin', he's goin'. They'll be a scary team if they make the playoffs.

It's either Thunder or Heats year to win. Almost seem flawless once both teams are streaking, but both teams have history of playoff troubles. Thunder with Westbrook handling the ball carelessly and Miami with LeBron in clutch time. It will be a interesting playoffs even more when we figure out who gets in.

*FIXED* It's either Thunder or Bulls year to win. It's impossible to win the Finals with only 3 good players and a bad bench. Heat have no chemistry outside the "Big 3" circa, I can't see them winning a championship.

Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Chicago Bulls coming this June only on ABC!

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Playa

• Members

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (DOOM! @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 01:55)

They'll be scary, but the Knicks aren't getting out of the first round. Miami and Chicago are simply better. Knicks will be lucky to win one hame against either team. And it hurts not having a reliable point guard.

Great win against Boston the other night, but sometimes the Knicks rely too much on the '3'. To me, it's fools gold.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

Yeah it's almost a shame they'd have to face Chicago or Miami in the first round, will be interesting seeing them with a healthy Amar'e and this pyro Melo in the playoffs.

Chicago? Nah. It would've been Chicago's year if Rose could stay healthy. Bulls fans probably need to be a little concerned going into the playoffs, it's one thing going through almost half a season without your star, but trying to win four outta seven games without him or him being gimpy will be a completely different story. We'll see though.

InstantCClassic
  • InstantCClassic

Gatorade me, b*tch.

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:13 AM

QUOTE (DOOM! @ Thursday, Apr 19 2012, 19:53)
Chicago? Nah. It would've been Chicago's year if Rose could stay healthy. Bulls fans probably need to be a little concerned going into the playoffs, it's one thing going through almost half a season without your star, but trying to win four outta seven games without him or him being gimpy will be a completely different story. We'll see though.

I can't see Miami going into the Finals this year honestly. Bulls are currently 2-1 against Miami right now and they can be 3-1 if they win tonight without Rose. This isn't the same Bulls from last year. We have evolved as a team, we don't rely solely on Rose. We use teamwork, defense, and successful plays to win these games.

Dirty f*cker James Jones. Glad he got ejected from the game.

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Playa

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (DOOM! @ Thursday, Apr 19 2012, 19:53)
Yeah it's almost a shame they'd have to face Chicago or Miami in the first round, will be interesting seeing them with a healthy Amar'e and this pyro Melo in the playoffs.

Yeah, but the bigger problem is not having Lin. There's a nicer flow to the offense when he's doing his thing. He's able to get everyone easier shots. That's not the case with the other PGs. And defenses get tougher in the playoffs, so our lack of a decent PG will be magnified further.

With the loss last night, Knicks can forget about the 6th seed. They also signed veteran center Dan Gadzuric and waived Bill Walker. I guess Gadzuric is insurance in case Jared Jeffries can't go.

InstantCClassic
  • InstantCClassic

Gatorade me, b*tch.

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:06 AM

Windy City Assassin has done it again!

Chicago Bulls played some great basketball on Saturday. Deng with the deep three to beat the buzzer, my goodness!

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:10 AM

Ron Artest is a douche bag. It'd be nice to see this crazy f*ck suspended for the playoffs or something. What he did was just unnecessary.

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Playa

• Members

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (DOOM! @ Tuesday, Apr 24 2012, 07:10)
Ron Artest is a douche bag. It'd be nice to see this crazy f*ck suspended for the playoffs or something. What he did was just unnecessary.

No shock there. You knew sooner or later he'd do something stupid. He's always been a little "off".

I'd suspend him for the rest of the playoffs, or as long as Harden's out.

pauliux2
  • pauliux2

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:03 PM

I'd love that Miami Heat would win a title this year, but somewhy i think that it's going for the Clippers...

InstantCClassic
  • InstantCClassic

Gatorade me, b*tch.

• Members

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:36 PM

Chicago Bulls better clinch the #1 seed!!!!

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:25 AM

Teams and seedings are all set. I just hope the Knicks don't get swept.

InstantCClassic
  • InstantCClassic

Gatorade me, b*tch.

• Members

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

Da Bulls!

It was definitely the "Bench Mob" game. Every person on the bench got a chance to score a point. Evan Turner doesn't know what he's getting himself into. Poor boy.

Chitown's finest will sweep the 76ers tomorrow. Lol.

HydraulicWaRiOr
  • HydraulicWaRiOr

I Left My Wallet In El Segundo

• Members

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:08 AM

QUOTE (InstantCClassic @ Tuesday, Apr 24 2012, 18:36)
Chicago Bulls better clinch the #1 seed!!!!

I wouldn't worry. Rose is continuing Jordan's legacy as well as creating his own. We've been leader of Eastern Conference for a while. If we don't win the championship, we should get pretty damn close, but I have faith that we will win it this year, so that I can rub it in my friends' faces.

[Supreme]

interpolfan11
  • interpolfan11

Lions 7-8 NG

• Members

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:14 PM

I don't personally know him, but I would imagine InstantCClassic is weeping right now. biggrin.gif

http://espn.go.com/c...ladelphia-76ers

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (HydraulicWaRiOr @ Friday, Apr 27 2012, 23:08)
I wouldn't worry. Rose is continuing Jordan's legacy as well as creating his own.

I would worry.
Rose is continuing to let his team down when they need him most tounge2.gif

user posted image

http://www.nytimes.c...ll-roundup.html

Scarface187
  • Scarface187

Putting out the fire with gasoline.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:59 AM

Rose is taking over for Greg Oden in the constantly being injured department. It really sucks for him and the Bulls. For my Celtics though this could be good news though if they get past the second round.

InstantCClassic
  • InstantCClassic

Gatorade me, b*tch.

• Members

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:51 AM Edited by InstantCClassic, 29 April 2012 - 04:53 AM.

QUOTE (interpolfan11 @ Saturday, Apr 28 2012, 23:14)
I don't personally know him, but I would imagine InstantCClassic is weeping right now.  biggrin.gif

http://espn.go.com/c...ladelphia-76ers

I thought it was only a sprain, I go outside to get in the car, sky looking gloomy as hell and I find out Rose tore his ACL. f*ck f*ck f*ck. I still have faith in my Bulls. Don't underestimate the Bench Mob...

Rose, along with Rubio and Shumpert, will be back in action better than ever. Heat fans are loving this.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:54 AM

this year my money is on either the Heat or the Thunder.

my surprise pick would be the Spurs.

Stuntzman
  • Stuntzman

CAN YOU DIG IT!?

• Members

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:32 AM

Being a Heat fan, I think LeBron deserves a f*cking Oscar for that hard screen. Flagrant foul? Come on.

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:01 PM

In my 40 years of following the NBA, I've NEVER seen a comeback like last night's. AMAZING win by the Clippers.

As for my Knicks, stick a fork in them. They don't have a point guard to break down the defense, they lost their best on-ball defender and our two stars aren't in the same class as Miami's two stars. Another year without a playoff win....

pauliux2
  • pauliux2

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:00 PM

^
Agree with you, Didn't saw the game live, just saw the preview. And about LeBrons acting, If a player gets a little punch, he'll ALWAYS act, just to force a foul.

InstantCClassic
  • InstantCClassic

Gatorade me, b*tch.

• Members

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (Funktipus @ Monday, Apr 30 2012, 14:01)
In my 40 years of following the NBA, I've NEVER seen a comeback like last night's. AMAZING win by the Clippers.

As for my Knicks, stick a fork in them. They don't have a point guard to break down the defense, they lost their best on-ball defender and our two stars aren't in the same class as Miami's two stars. Another year without a playoff win....

It was a great comeback, I agree, but not as great as the Dallas Mavericks' comeback in the 2011 NBA Finals.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users