Photo

Will there be many moders in GTAV

30 replies to this topic
Flam1ngWolf
  • Flam1ngWolf

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:37 AM

Every time I play GTA BOGT there are many moders that ruin the game. Do you think rockstar will fix this problem in gta v?

sumone
  • sumone

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:38 AM

I don't think so, everyone hacks games so I think that the only thing that they can do is banning them

UberChargedCJ
  • UberChargedCJ

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:41 AM

i know R* should make anti-mod think so modders will cannot mod it

also the modders for GTA EFLC are piece of sh*t im saying that to modders who mods GTA EFLC

Vegetarian Piranha
  • Vegetarian Piranha

Make my day Jew!

• Members

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:48 AM

QUOTE (UberChargedCJ @ Wednesday, Dec 7 2011, 11:41)

things sound easy in theory but not in practice.

do you think they want people modding their game and ruining other players experiences?

im pretty sure they've tried to limit the amount of hackers/modders.

its just like saying they shouldnt make cars/bikes that go faster than 100kmh or 60mph

that should stop speeding drivers to an extent shouldnt it?

UberChargedCJ
  • UberChargedCJ

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE (Vegetarian Piranha @ Wednesday, Dec 7 2011, 11:48)
QUOTE (UberChargedCJ @ Wednesday, Dec 7 2011, 11:41)

things sound easy in theory but not in practice.

do you think they want people modding their game and ruining other players experiences?

im pretty sure they've tried to limit the amount of hackers/modders.

its just like saying they shouldnt make cars/bikes that go faster than 100kmh or 60mph

that should stop speeding drivers to an extent shouldnt it?

same i just want the people to stop modding EFLC

Viperman
  • Viperman

Logically Horizontal

• Feroci

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:58 AM

The 3 era was great for modding, the reason I joined so many years ago. The reason I got into 3d modeling.

It's can add years of reply value.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:13 PM

Or if they make the game read only, (un changeable) then no mods will be made. Or purposely make the game not be allowed to be modded. Like use complex codes. I HATE modders in GTA SA MP. Or do what a few companies have done. If you mod the game, they sue you. They could make a statement about antimodding in the licence and when you play online the game detects your IP address and game code and if you modded, they take your info. Simple.

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:16 PM

As much as I despise people that mod consoles I think having isolated lobbies would be fine for me in the sense that this would give us, original players, the chance to not be 'bullied' if you will in the game and can enjoy it for what it is without some ass clown coming along and spoiling the fun.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (XTREME0235 @ Wednesday, Dec 7 2011, 12:16)
As much as I despise people that mod consoles I think having isolated lobbies would be fine for me in the sense that this would give us, original players, the chance to not be 'bullied' if you will in the game and can enjoy it for what it is without some ass clown coming along and spoiling the fun.

and bring LAN to the consoles as well.

There should be a program rockstar develops for there server that detects mods and if detected it wont allow you to play it online until the mods are removed.
And if mods are detected on consoles rockstar detects and perma bans you from there GTA5 server. Fair is fair.

PublicAnenome
  • PublicAnenome

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Wednesday, Dec 7 2011, 12:22)

There should be a program rockstar develops for there server that detects mods and if detected it wont allow you to play it online until the mods are removed.
And if mods are detected on consoles rockstar detects and perma bans you from there GTA5 server. Fair is fair.

I play another online game that has never been hacked or 'modded'. So it can't be too hard, considering how many people play it and how 'evil' most of the players are.

Rockstar made it easy for them last time, and ruined their own game. I used to play GTA 4 multiplayer every day, until about two years ago when the hackers started appearing in every single lobby.

In before some moronic ten year old starts spamming the topic to say how much he idolises hackers because they can fly and you can't shoot them...

I never understood it. If you cheat, you blatantly admit to being too weak or pathetic to actually play the game. These guys justify themselves by saying "Why don't you do it too?", but they don't seem to understand that going out of your way to hack a game because you're too feeble to compete is beneath most people.

TrialzGTAS
  • TrialzGTAS

Hopes for turnout gear in V!

• Members

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:17 PM

idk about moders, but maybe a year after release or so modders will be around starting small.

scorcher93
  • scorcher93

Fully sick, uleh

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:21 PM

I'd prefer the online game service to access server based vehicle handling characteristics, such as top speed, acceleration, but also the weapon mods. Game modding is fine, it's those who modify the online part of it to ruin other's experiences.

I love to modify the offline game, but I don't like the online hackers.

adaawale
  • adaawale

Hoot

• Members

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:22 PM

Please, no mods. I think mods ruin the game and should be purged from the GTA-verse.

In the meantime, check out these videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19hyCAF-m9o

TrialzGTAS
  • TrialzGTAS

Hopes for turnout gear in V!

• Members

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:27 PM

But isnt it fun to get those cool vehciles you cant normally get in unique colors let alone in online? The only problem are the brickers who freeze the damn game.

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:48 PM

If they did really blocked mods, then the franchise would die soon. The reason this game is so succesfull is, in part, because of the modding comunity.
If GTAV is no longer modable, it will be the last GTA I play.

What they should do, like any other game does, is block them on MP. They could use Punk Buster or sh*t like that, it works perfectly on other games.

Artful.
  • Artful.

=AoD=

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:49 PM

Rockstar can try to limit the amount of modders but no matter what they do someone will always find a way around it the most we can hope for is that rockstar will keep the number of modders as small as possible.

Nitrohogs
  • Nitrohogs

I'm not a complete idiot. Some parts are missing.

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:54 PM

Modding encourages people to buy PC Version of games making us friendly with Rockstar. As long as the game isn't legally allowed to be modified, people will surely find hacks.

nuer
  • nuer

• Members

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:07 PM

i talked to one a modder in gta iv multiplayer i asked him if he can mod every single game and he said that modders cant mod alot of new games so i doubt that there will be alot of modders in gta v

gtav876
  • gtav876

Don

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:10 PM

I dont mod myself but i think modders are ok. They mod cars and planes in the airport for everyone. I have 2 modders on my friends list that i met while playing. I jump on the back of the trian and they fly it across LC it is awsome. On tbogt there was a guy who was in a buzzard who kept blowing up the planes in the airport so no1 could get in them, The modder (with me in the car) drove full speed at a wall, drove up it, flew up in the sky, did a back spin and hit the wings of the buzzard and it broke of.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:26 PM Edited by acmilano, 07 December 2011 - 05:56 PM.

There is nothing wrong with offline mods for GTA.Pirates even selling them to people.

http://www.pik.ba/ar...277/gta-snijeg/

And almost everybody put aome mods on PC versions of their GTA games.SOme people almost created new games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeoLmt2Z2bs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_nZhqENHdA

And there wouldnt be MP for San Andreas if it wasnt for modders.One of the reasons that GTA is so popular is mods.Me personally playing on consoles so i dont use mods but i appreciate other peoples work.So,best solution is to stop some hacks that give peoples some unfair leveradge(aimbot,invincibility etc),but its not big deal if you drive Delorean or play as a Ezio.

Eternal Moonshine
  • Eternal Moonshine

Thug

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:42 PM

Just call them hackers, cheaters, etc but not modders. Seriously, some of you are talking about people who spoil the game by spawning cars in multiplayer, and the rest is talking about those who create those cars. Notice the difference

Inked.
  • Inked.

Peace through Power.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:43 PM

Modding wont be stopped, the modders will always pursue their goal just as much as the anti's do. I hope it's more of a struggle/rarer thing or is handled better because its sad. Playing EFLC is horrifying online and trying to do a ranked gank in Vanilla is sad cause every kid and their butt buddy has a turbo. However R* has learned alot with their MP attempts so I believe GTA V's MP will be much better.

blowtorchrepair
  • blowtorchrepair

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:26 PM

I think that all modders which ruin regular players' online games should be forced to shower with Jerry Sandusky with their wrists handcuffed to their ankles.

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:18 PM

The problem aren't the mods, those are cool and there are some amazing out there, the problem is that ability for online gaming, specially those idiots that mod for example machine guns ammo into rockets. First weeks I played GTA4 online was so cool and fun, then those morons came with that sh*t or with cars that could go through walls and i quitted the online, was just getting pissed because of some clowns with nothing better to do then get alternative ways to compensate their lack of skill in a freaking game. sly.gif

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (PublicAnenome @ Wednesday, Dec 7 2011, 13:39)
QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Wednesday, Dec 7 2011, 12:22)

I play another online game that has never been hacked or 'modded'. So it can't be too hard, considering how many people play it and how 'evil' most of the players are.

Rockstar made it easy for them last time, and ruined their own game. I used to play GTA 4 multiplayer every day, until about two years ago when the hackers started appearing in every single lobby.

In before some moronic ten year old starts spamming the topic to say how much he idolises hackers because they can fly and you can't shoot them...

I never understood it. If you cheat, you blatantly admit to being too weak or pathetic to actually play the game. These guys justify themselves by saying "Why don't you do it too?", but they don't seem to understand that going out of your way to hack a game because you're too feeble to compete is beneath most people.

in GTA SA MP some idiots ALWAYS have infinite health, with a jetpack and uzis to ruin the fun. I have not played for a long time because of them using infinite health trainers somehow.

Gutslub
  • Gutslub

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:52 PM

...there is a difference (in principal, at least) between a "modder" and a "hacker."

llpalm08
  • llpalm08

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:01 AM

I dont play GTA IV on PC but ive been tempted to get it because of the single player mods. In my oppinion Modding should stay but the ability to use the mods online should be removed because I still enjoy 360 online on GTA IV (well i did but im distracted by Skyrim's endless quests atm).

llpalm08
  • llpalm08

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:05 AM

I think Modders should still be allowed to mod but I think people should only be allowed to use the mods on single player.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:14 AM

I've recently been playing IV freemode online, people/person has put a few Liberty tours choppers in the airport along with ice cream truck and some other things.

I have once played were someone was driving around in that big armored van thing that was removed ut the code is still in.

Over the years too I have experianced guys who mod things in IV and it's just funny, (most of the time).

Now in competetive modes it does pi** me off, but in Free mode it just adds extra entertainment, so bring it on I say.

Nitrohogs
  • Nitrohogs

I'm not a complete idiot. Some parts are missing.

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:20 AM

QUOTE (llpalm08 @ Thursday, Dec 8 2011, 00:05)
I think Modders should still be allowed to mod but I think people should only be allowed to use the mods on single player.

Mods are generally made for Single player. MP mods are too rare and hard to do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users