» «
Photo

Safehouses

10 replies to this topic
Kalev4ever
  • Kalev4ever

Peon

• Members

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:54 PM Edited by Kalev4ever, 05 December 2011 - 08:58 PM.

Which safehouses did you use the most, when playing Vice City? Which did you hate the most, but which were the ones you preferred the most? Which ones had the coolest and which ones had the dullest looks? Did you think any of them costed a little bit too much? Was any a cheap one in your opinion?

About those questions or anything else you´d like to talk about safehouses - be pleased to share your opinion!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ocean View Hotel (Free, Ocean Beach) - At nights it looked very cool. At daylight it was too ordinary, but the location was good. Used mostly in the first part of the game. Can say that one of the most used.

Skumole Shack ($1000, Downtown) - Only used this during Love Fists and Mitch Bakers missions. After those, never. Then again, this isn´t comparable to the others, because it´s a shack, not a house.

3321 Vice Point ($2500, Vice Point) - One of the least used, but for some reason I liked the dull looks of this. Location isn´t good, but still wouldn´t say anything bad about it.

1102 Washington Street ($3000, Washington Beach) - Used more than the 3321, but looks are more attractive. I remember attempting to get as high on the roof as possible.

Links View Apartment ($6000, Vice Point) - Nice place, Pay N Spray right next to it. Possible to get on top of the rooftops aswell.

Ocean Heights Apartment ($7000, Ocean Beach) - Every playboys dream - beach, Marina and Pole are near. Used it more than most of the others.

El Swanko Casa ($8000, Vice Point) - Great looks, good location + a garage - if you can´t afford an mansion, go live in this!

Hyman Condo ($14000, Downtown) - Favourited mostly because of the four garages + helicopter. Why did they even make the Shack a safehouse if there already was Hyman Condo in Downtown? smile.gif
This one´s definitely in the TOP "Most used" 3.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:52 PM

I used the Hyman Condo one the most because of all the space and the helicopter. Otherwise, I didn't care too much which one I used. On the first island, when the game was first starting of course I used the first safe house.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:16 PM

Skumole shack it under-rated---

PCJ is located just down the stairs--- Police Heli is across the street--- you can be anywhere in VC in 3 minutes....

TrialzGTAS
  • TrialzGTAS

Hopes for turnout gear in V!

• Members

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:43 PM

Besides the Vercetti Mansion, I used the Hymen condo because I thought it was so awesome having a helicoptor and 4 garages to keep my SWAT trucks, bikes, and police Cheetahs!

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:45 PM

@OP, you forgot one-the Vercetti/Diaz Estate. You also forgot to add the asset properties, as they have the ability to save as well. tounge2.gif

But, as Spuds said, the Skumole shack is underrated-I use it all the time in the beginning, when I go to the West Island early. It has a Uzi spawn under the stairs, a PCJ spawn around the corner(across from the biker bar), and a Police heli nearby. Plus it is cheap-only $1,000. Then once I get the packages done, I move to the Hyman until i'm ready to go back to the East Island to start the missions. tounge2.gif

Then I use the Ocean View pretty much exclusively until I get the mansion and start using that one the most. The mansion is great, as there is a heli spawn behind it(after 80 pkgs.), Health, an extra Armor, a shotgun, and M4 spawn just off the back entrance, the Hidden Package spawns out front-gives the second armor pick up, the Infernus, Stretch, and Admiral spawn out front(even though sometimes it is the Admiral and sometimes the Stretch in that location), and the garage to store vehicles in, so you will never be without a vehicle.

I also like to use Sunshine Autos to save, cause of the car spawns inside, the garages, and the location and races anytime.

However, after reading about how saving at the Cherry Poppers' Asset tends to corrupt save games on PS2, I never save there-even on PC, as i'm not sure if that glitch was fixed on PC and X-Box? confused.gif

BoneMachine
  • BoneMachine

I Kill Threads

• Members

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:01 PM

At first I didn't realize you had to buy safehouses, I thought they were all given to you as you progressed through the story like GTA IV! Anyway, once you have the hyman condo or the mansion on Starfish Island, the rest pretty much pale in comparison for features or whatever. Love the Swanko Casa's looks though.

By the way, when you get weapons for finding the hidden packages where do they spawn in the hyman condo? I can't find em and I'm worried my game is a tiny bit faulty or whatever since some other things are a bit messed up (the Maverick helicopter decides at random not to spawn on the helipad on the mansion sometimes).

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:36 AM

By the way, when you get weapons for finding the hidden packages where do they spawn in the hyman condo? I can't find em and I'm worried my game is a tiny bit faulty or whatever since some other things are a bit messed up (the Maverick helicopter decides at random not to spawn on the helipad on the mansion sometimes).

All the weapons spawn on the roof-on the left side of the roof/in front of the heli pad. Although, there is a glitch on the PS2(but I have confirmed this was fixed on PC, as I have bought it prior to 80 pkgs. and still got the weapons to spawn). but apparantly if you bought that safe house prior to 100% then you will be unable to get all the weapons at that safe house. Don't know about the Mac version or the X-Box version though?

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:33 PM

The weapons spawn thing at the Hyman condo is yet another bug on the original PS2 version (I do not recall if this was fixed on the later PS2 versions)-- a little more clarification on this....

Only the weapons you have unlocked by collecting packages at that time will be there after you purchase it--- no new weapons will appear from collecting new packages--- example-- if you collect less then 10 packages at the time of the condo purchase--- no weapons will ever show up there-- if you have collected between 20 and 29 packages at that time, then only the first 2 weapons you unlock will ever show up there.... etc....

The only work around for this is to collect 70 packages prior to purchasing the Hyman condo--- as the 80, 90, & 100 package unlocks are vehicle spawns not weapons so these are unaffected.

HTH...

4 Bagger
  • 4 Bagger

Malapropos

• Members

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:15 PM Edited by 4 Bagger, 31 December 2011 - 05:17 PM.

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Friday, Dec 9 2011, 14:16)
Skumole shack it under-rated---

PCJ is located just down the stairs--- Police Heli is across the street--- you can be anywhere in VC in 3 minutes....

Yeah I liked the Skumole Shack. Problem is though when I saved it there after a mission, I'd always have a car at the bottom of the stairs and it would vanish or some d*ckhead would steal it when I get back down the stairs once saved. Also the police helicopter was never there for me; I only saw it once...

I also liked the Hyman Condo purely because of the helicopter and that there are 4 garages. I'd have sports cars in one, motorcycles in an other, maybe squeeze a helicopter in one and then have all different in the last one.

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE (4 Bagger @ Saturday, Dec 31 2011, 17:15)
[QUOTE=Spuds725,Friday, Dec 9 2011, 14:16]Also the police helicopter was never there for me; I only saw it once...

You need to be far enough away from the locations for them to initially spawn (i.e. if you are going there immediately after loading from Skumole, chances are they won't be there...just like going atop Hyman immediately after loading from Hyman won't spawn it's Maverick). Driving across the bridge to Prawn Island and back again should work for either helicopter. For Hyman, just drive North to the bend in the road and back.

Forcefield
  • Forcefield

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:37 AM

QUOTE (radioman @ Friday, Dec 9 2011, 17:45)
However, after reading about how saving at the Cherry Poppers' Asset tends to corrupt save games on PS2, I never save there-even on PC, as i'm not sure if that glitch was fixed on PC and X-Box? confused.gif

I'm exactly the same. There's no need to risk it with the mansion and Sunshine Autos so near by.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users