Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V health system

30 replies to this topic

Poll: Regenerating health or health bar (145 member(s) have cast votes)

Regenerating health or health bar

1. Regenerating health (39 votes [27.66%])

Percentage of vote: 27.66%

2. Health bar (102 votes [72.34%])

Percentage of vote: 72.34%

Vote Guests cannot vote
gtav876
  • gtav876

Don

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:47 PM

[FONT=Arial]Rockstar used regenerating health in rdr and la noire but will they use it in V. Most new games are using it but i would prefer a health bar and its most likely rockstar will use it since its been in every gta. What would you like to see regenerating health like in rdr or a health bar like in iv and every other gta.

Meezarawcks
  • Meezarawcks

You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

• Members

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:50 PM

I believe this topic has been brought up before. I know around here they like to tell you to use the "search" option before you post something that is already being discussed elsewhere.

gtafreak103
  • gtafreak103

Haters gonna hate, n00bs gonna imitate

• Members

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (gtav876 @ Sunday, Dec 4 2011, 09:47)
Rockstar used regenerating health in rdr and la noire but will they use it in V. Most new games are using it but i would prefer a health bar and its most likely rockstar will use it since its been in every gta. What would you like to see regenerating health like in rdr or a health bar like in iv and every other gta .

Fixed.

Buffalo Soldier
  • Buffalo Soldier

The Man Himself.

• Members

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:55 PM

Would love regenerating health.

cherrycola
  • cherrycola

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:00 PM

Regenerating health is boring.

J-B
  • J-B

Syrup Drenched

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:01 PM

LAN really wasn't a combat based game with it's combat sequences more cinematic in purpose so it's understandable that it had regenerating health. RDR's combat was more oriented towards that gunslinger "who shoots first wins" style that was more oriented towards an "each gunfight could kill you" feeling and you had less health than in GTA game but it regenerated. I doubt Rockstar will bring it over to GTA.

MG3
  • MG3

Not a player

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:07 PM

I dont see it real. Get shot by a shotgun then wait 3 minutes and you are like new... wtf

gtafreak103
  • gtafreak103

Haters gonna hate, n00bs gonna imitate

• Members

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:08 PM

Well I loved it in JC2. Saved my ass a couple of times. But I don't think it will work in GTA.

Hydro_PlayboyX
  • Hydro_PlayboyX

#TeamFranklin

• Members

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:13 PM

it's not exciting enough, it was awesome when , in IV i had just a little bit of health with 5-6 people shooting at me i was affraid to get out of cover i used blind fire, and gta v will definetly have cover system so all you would have to do is go to cover for short time and your healt will be 100%....its much more thrilling old way

J-B
  • J-B

Syrup Drenched

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (MG3 @ Sunday, Dec 4 2011, 09:07)
I dont see it real. Get shot by a shotgun then wait 3 minutes and you are like new... wtf

Just about as realistic as get shot by a shotgun , go eat a hamburger and be fine. Or get sent flying through your wind shield , land right on your spine , go sleep it off and be fine. Realism isn't what makes regenerating health unappealing , lack of challenge is.

UberChargedCJ
  • UberChargedCJ

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:41 PM

the health will generate low when you are hurt in single player only

Vormek
  • Vormek

I am not in danger. I AM the danger!

• Members

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:02 PM Edited by Vormek, 04 December 2011 - 06:18 PM.

No thanks. I don't want more benefits, I want less, to make the game harder. The missions in IV are way too simple.
There should be options to choose from, easy mode, medium, hard and very hard.

Easy Mode:
* Health regenerate, 1 hp every 3 seconds. From 0 to 100 hp would take around 300 seconds or 5 minutes.
* Weapon aiming, 95% accurate. (Almost every bullet hits target)
* Vehicle damage: Can take lots of crashes before exploding.
* Your character can withstand many bullets before dying.

Medium:
* Health regenerate, 1 hp every 6 seconds. From 0 to 100 hp would take 600 seconds or 10 minutes.
* Weapon aiming, 75% accurate. (Missing your target every now and then. Must work hard on the shooting range to reach 95%)
* Vehicle damage: Your car can still withstand many crashes, but less than easy mode.
* Your character can withstand the same amount of bullets as CJ in San Andreas before dying.

Hard:
* Health does not regenerate.
* Weapon aiming, 60% accurate. (You miss quite often and you must practice many hours on the shooting range to reach 95%)
* Vehicle damage: Your car takes much damage and a couple of hard crashes will destroy your car.
* Your character can withstand quite many bullets, but not as much as in medium mode.

Very hard.
* Weapon aiming, 50%, you miss half of your bullets fired and if you want to improve your skills thus making missions easier you must be prepared to spend hours and hours on the shooting range to reach 95% accuracy which is the highest amount of percent you can have. No one can reach 100%, only with cheats.
* Vehicle damage: Your car takes a lot of damage when crashing and will be undrivable if you drive at full speed and crash into a building or car.
* Your character will be pretty vulnerable and will probably not survive more than 4 shot gun hits.

iGrandTheftAuto
  • iGrandTheftAuto

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:08 PM

Health bar like in San Andreas. You have to work to make it increase and you get more life. That's all we need.

Dominik1411
  • Dominik1411

Peon

• Members

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:03 PM

Well, I would like both, like its in Max Payne. A health bar, which regenerates when its very low and you don't get hurt for a few seconds until it reach like 25%. Only a health bar would suck in my opinion. I mean, in GTA IV u could die if u were drunk.... Or when ur health bar was very low you could play with it for 10min without any problems but then a normal npc driver comes, hit u with low speed, and u die...

K-Malo94
  • K-Malo94

Latin Thug

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (Vormek @ Sunday, Dec 4 2011, 18:02)
No thanks. I don't want more benefits, I want less, to make the game harder. The missions in IV are way too simple.

Easy Mode:
* Health regenerate, 1 hp every 3 seconds. From 0 to 100 hp would take around 300 seconds or 5 minutes.

Medium:
* Health regenerate, 1 hp every 6 seconds. From 0 to 100 hp would take 600 seconds or 10 minutes.
* Weapon aiming, 75% accurate. (Missing your target every now and then. Must work hard on the shooting range to reach 95%)
* Vehicle damage: Your car can still withstand many crashes, but less than easy mode.
* Your character can withstand the same amount of bullets as CJ in San Andreas before dying.

Hard:
* Weapon aiming, 60% accurate. (You miss quite often and you must practice many hours on the shooting range to reach 95%)
* Vehicle damage: Your car takes much damage and a couple of hard crashes will destroy your car.
* Your character can withstand quite many bullets, but not as much as in medium mode.

Very hard.
* Weapon aiming, 50%, you miss half of your bullets fired and if you want to improve your skills thus making missions easier you must be prepared to spend hours and hours on the shooting range to reach 95% accuracy which is the highest amount of percent you can have. No one can reach 100%, only with cheats.
* Vehicle damage: Your car takes a lot of damage when crashing and will be undrivable if you drive at full speed and crash into a building or car.
* Your character will be pretty vulnerable and will probably not survive more than 4 shot gun hits.

this icon14.gif

Mzeppelin
  • Mzeppelin

The Don

• Members

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:07 PM

Regenerating Health Bar... Absolutely NOT. No way not in a million years. This is GTA, don't mix it up with other games.

ldee
  • ldee

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:16 PM

the only thing that sucks about Uncharteds is the health system.

so no regen. stick to a health bar

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (J-B @ Sunday, Dec 4 2011, 16:19)
QUOTE (MG3 @ Sunday, Dec 4 2011, 09:07)

Just about as realistic as get shot by a shotgun , go eat a hamburger and be fine. Or get sent flying through your wind shield , land right on your spine , go sleep it off and be fine. Realism isn't what makes regenerating health unappealing , lack of challenge is.

At least you have something to do to fill your health up.. instead of just waiting and your health regenerates out from nothing.

If GTA V will use regenerating health, I would be very disappointed. But I am confident, that it won't happen.. among other things because Max Payne 3 still use the good old system (painkillers).

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:05 PM

Healing wounds with soda or burger still 100 times more realistic than with air.

djbranston
  • djbranston

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:16 PM

I'd like regenerating health but this is GTA and the traditional method would be the health bar, I'm fine with either

MarshDanni
  • MarshDanni

The Godfather

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:24 PM

I hope for a health bar like in san andreas but it would not be a problem if they put regenerating

TPT Noodles
  • TPT Noodles

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:55 AM

regenerating health would take the essense of realism to the character, wheres the fun in cowardly hiding in a corner waiting for you health to regenerate where you should use tactices to negoiate through the mission/ gang battle/ blood bath you created to orgasm at hte graphics and check out the cop system.

ill tell you where, there is none it will make the game too easy to complete, as you can just chill out in a box to gain your health back.

ToniForelli
  • ToniForelli

Tap Tap Tap! *Troll food*. Umad?

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:59 PM

Regenerating health is useful against cops actually or stronger opponents.

Ps3blaze22
  • Ps3blaze22

Peon

• Members

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:45 PM

Regenerating Health will make GTA V soooooo easy i prefer Health Bar

CheesyJ
  • CheesyJ

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:48 PM

I prefer the health system. It isn't perfect, but it is more realistic and works better. I do hate the idea of simply getting shot, but your wounds magically healing within a matter of seconds. It would also take a lot out of car chases. That drama of getting away just to survive by an inch wouldn't work, because your health would constantly re-generate.

blowtorchrepair
  • blowtorchrepair

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:58 PM

I like the health bar over regenerating heath for GTA b/c the later would lessen, if not remove, the suspense of trying to get somewhere (to the end of the mission, or to burger shot, or hospital, etc.) with only a thread of life left while avoiding a minor car accident, hit and run, street fight, or other mishap that unexpectedly ends your life in the game.

bluetops
  • bluetops

Chupacabra

• Members

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:50 AM

This is my first post,I just wanna express my opinion.

I actually like health regen...but as many say...THIS IS GTA.

Maybe you can buy medicine.,food,(if there is an inventory or maybe you press a button and it will work) and that will help you to regenerate.
I like the health in San Andreas,you just need to improve your stamina and you will be confident you will not die.

How about the health bar?I don't like the GTAIV style health bar to return...Maybe the one on MP3 is what I want,but in a different way.(I watched some videos of MP3 and the health is displayed as a figure of person and it reddens if you get hit)

I mean,if your enemy shoots you in the leg,the 'leg part' in the health bar will redden,and same to other parts.But lets say your enemy hit you in the chest,but you are wearing kevlar vest,I think it shall be like a faded red color until your vest will be destroyed and it will turn fully to red.How will health regen work here?I don't know,maybe press a button to use your 'medicine' as I suggested and slowly you will be okay.

But this isn't a shooter game,its GTA!!..LOL

Remember this is just my opinion.

nuer
  • nuer

• Members

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:51 AM

health bar is really annoying. i am on a mission where i have to kill lots of people then my health gets very low means time to go get some food. after i got some food i have to go and then i get shot again and get food again. i would prefer regenerating health.

Guns N R0se
  • Guns N R0se

King of the Mountain

• Members

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:02 AM

Regenerating health is stupid. it's impossible to lose. RDR was an extremely easy game because of regenerating health.

TheShogunOfHarlem
  • TheShogunOfHarlem

Hustler

• Members

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:16 AM

QUOTE (Vormek @ Sunday, Dec 4 2011, 18:02)

Easy Mode:

Medium:

Hard:

Very hard.

In principle I agree with you. I hate health regeneration and I am dying to see a challenging game with challenging AI. However what you suggest for difficulty levels is way too much. Handicapping the player is a bad way of making games challenging. That is the fundamental problem I have with game difficulty it's based on handicapping the player or the AI to make the game easier or harder.

The way I would do it would be simple: (there is no easy mode the way I see it. Casual gamers be damned!)

Normal: Plays basically the same as GTA 4, (minus stupid cop AI) and no regenerating health.

Realistic: One shot kills if you are not wearing body armor or ballistic helmets and you are shot in the head or the upper torso. Even if you are wearing protection .50 caliber rounds (and above) will still kill you or severely maim you. Being wounded will diminish your capacity to fight and move. Not dealing with injuries such as bleeding (ex: from stabs and gunshots) will initially diminish your capacity to move around and will eventually lead to death. Health packs will be used to stop bleeding and adrenaline shots to keep you conscious will at best slightly increase your health (to 50%) and will maintain your mobility and vitality.

Mechanics such as AI, accuracy and vehicle damage should be the same between both game modes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users