The Last of Us

2,869 replies to this topic
.JokeR
  • .JokeR

Madness is the emergency exit.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2015 - 04:27 PM

Maybe runners and clickers. Bloaters are too much of a bullet sponge I think.

Zondar
  • Zondar

Puttin' on an iron shirt.......

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:29 PM

I haven't read this thread.

I'm starting the game for the first time. My PS3 was on it's way out by the time it came out, so I skipped it. I bought it on the PS4 and have no idea what to expect, considering the fact I haven't played much Naughty Dog, my last third person action game by them was the first Uncharted, and Golden Abyss. What would you recommend I do to get the best experience possible? It's a weird question...but I think you get me. Maybe. :p

Play on the hardest difficulty.

I would disagree with this advice. Play it on "hard" first time certainly, but not survivor or grounded. They're a bit much when you're trying to familiarise yourself with the enemies, mechanics etc.
Other than that, only advice is simply play the game and enjoy it. It's very linear, so there's nothing to miss or nothing you can do that will f*ck up your game.

Flafty
  • Flafty

Daddy's back bitches!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:42 AM

Photo mode is amazing

11117912_1437641659868530_73113551321293

• Mr.Nedich, CartmanKusanagi, Zello and 2 others like this

The_Ghost
  • The_Ghost

Kept you waiting, huh?

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:28 PM

I love TLOU, been playing it on the PS4, and it's really an amazing game that deserves multiple GOTY awards. The story and characters is absolutely amazing and Neil Druckmann has done an exceptional job writing the game. This game is an emotional train ride from start to finish. Every character has substance even the minor ones as well. The game is an amazing experience like no other game has done. Just for the interactions between Ellie and Joel are awesome and really down to earth. The world is really f*cked at that moment, and there is no hope, even God could never save it. One particular scene in the game really made me cry and it's one of the few moments in gaming history that changed my life. The giraffe scene is absolutely a sign of hope that is left in a world full of crazy lunatics and infected.

The feels, man. The feels. I can't handle it.  :cry:

• Fisciletti likes this

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:21 PM

am I the only one who wanted to shoot the giraffe?

.JokeR
  • .JokeR

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:36 PM

Yes.

Alarming
  • Alarming

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:04 PM Edited by Alarming, 25 April 2015 - 10:05 PM.

yes you are the only one. Bothe most touching part for me was the first five minutes at "the scene" which any one who played it will know.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:47 PM

yes you are the only one. Bothe most touching part for me was the first five minutes at "the scene" which any one who played it will know.

yea... I played both the main game and ellies story... I rather enjoyed the Deer hunting part since I went hunting once before when I lived in Pennsylvania...

but, honestly Im not much of a touchy feely person so I wasnt too affected by the giraffe scene, I rather blow its head off and be one with it...

also, the tunnel was fun... Massacred all the zombies in there including the 2 bloaters... Top f*cking Kek

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:13 AM

man this game cant wait for the sec 1

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:58 AM

Some pretty darn interesting glitches. (To me)

• CartmanKusanagi and Vertighost like this

MadeBrazen
  • MadeBrazen

Brass

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 June 2015 - 11:15 AM Edited by Bandalamente, 02 June 2015 - 03:35 PM.

I owe you guys these. Sorry if they are humungous, I don't know how to make them smaller. 

These wont hurt your playthrough if you haven't played it yet:

ckTC7Ti.jpg

WwzHeOx.jpg

8V8gPIE.jpg

IQqN7Sp.jpg

***These will though!***

Spoiler

Hope you like em! Brings back some good memories of this awesome story. 

• CartmanKusanagi, Heists and Zondar like this

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 6 days ago

Alright, I started playing this and I have to say I'm quite dissapointed so far in the gameplay.

Game looks great, story is okay, characters are amazing, but the gameplay better become more interesting, I already haven't played it in a couple of days because room full of clickers followed by a room full of guards being pretty much the entire first few hours of the game, it's not interesting and it isn't fun.

Only thing that keeps me motivated is that there is probably a cool cutscene or some dialogue at the end of the levels.

MyName'sJeff
  • MyName'sJeff

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 6 days ago

http://www.engadget....996192519095640

Just saw this today and I was blown away. You have to watch this.

.JokeR
  • .JokeR

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

Alright, I started playing this and I have to say I'm quite dissapointed so far in the gameplay.

Game looks great, story is okay, characters are amazing, but the gameplay better become more interesting, I already haven't played it in a couple of days because room full of clickers followed by a room full of guards being pretty much the entire first few hours of the game, it's not interesting and it isn't fun.

Only thing that keeps me motivated is that there is probably a cool cutscene or some dialogue at the end of the levels.

Stays the same pretty much. Walk > fight infected > walk > move stuff in a poor attempt at a puzzle > fight or sneak around hunters > walk.

Zondar
  • Zondar

Puttin' on an iron shirt.......

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 6 days ago

I watched Dawn of the Planet of the Apes tonight. Brilliant film, don't know if it's just because this game has stuck in my head, but visually a lot of the film really reminded me of TLOU. Especially , the scenes in San Fran with nature starting to reclaim the city.
Great looking film, great looking game.

Vertighost
  • Vertighost

SMS2 SNES N64 NGC PS2 PS3 PS4

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

"The Road" is a great film also, TLOU heavily borrowed from the film, there's no hiding it...highly recommend.

Also it's an action comedy skit by RackaRacka from youtube TLOU vs The Walking Dead high quality work by these guys trying to break into the movie business. (don't worry their are cordyceps infected here not just walking dead zombies)

Lion
  • Lion

Incognito

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 days ago

I'm on Xbox, so unfortunately I will never experience The Last Of Us, but I do have questions to the posters who mention it in EVERY SINGLE DISCUSSION. 

First off, what does it do better than any other Post apocalyptic game? Do you favor it's story, gameplay or color palette?

Secondly, are the characters THAT connecting? Are the characters likeable? Or are they more realistic?

Thirdly, are the scenes THAT memorable? Do they give you a sense of badassery or satisfaction?

Lastly, is the gameplay THAT astounding? Does it feel like an awesome game which differs due to your playstyle? Or does it have THAT much of a replay value?

.JokeR
  • .JokeR

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

First, the gameplay in itself is repetitive. It is really basic an barebones compared to a lot of other games.

For me personally the strength of the game is in its voice actors and the design and looks of the levels. The world has ended and it looks believable. Theres grass and moss over taking buildings, wood is rotten and cars are rusty.

The story was good, but I saw the ending coming a mile away. Ellie, is Ellie. Some times I found her great and others annoying and just a chore to hear her speak.

Overall it's a great experience, but I feel it is waaaay overblown.

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 4 days ago Edited by Corndog93, 4 days ago.

Go buy a PS4 or borrow one and play it for your self, only you can judge on a game like this, this isn't the type of game you can just ask if it's good or not, it's not like that, it has to be played to be understood

Mr.Nedich
  • Mr.Nedich

Baratheon Bannerman

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 4 days ago

I'm on Xbox, so unfortunately I will never experience The Last Of Us, but I do have questions to the posters who mention it in EVERY SINGLE DISCUSSION. 

First off, what does it do better than any other Post apocalyptic game? Do you favor it's story, gameplay or color palette?

Secondly, are the characters THAT connecting? Are the characters likeable? Or are they more realistic?

Thirdly, are the scenes THAT memorable? Do they give you a sense of badassery or satisfaction?

Lastly, is the gameplay THAT astounding? Does it feel like an awesome game which differs due to your playstyle? Or does it have THAT much of a replay value?

1.) I think what makes it gripping is most Post-Epidemic/Outbreak/Apocalypse games have you focus on surviving in harsh climates and so on, which is fun in and of itself, but TLoU has a fairly unique approach in the video game industry in that it's one of the few Post-Apocalyptic stories that uses its outbreak as a backdrop versus the primary point. It's more the setting of the stage than it is the plot of the play. As for what makes me favour it? The story and the colour palette mostly. The gameplay is pretty fun, but it's pretty samey overall. If you go in for non-stop infected curb stomping, you're going to be pretty disappointed. There's plenty of fights, but the combat is more a hurdle than the primary push of the game.

2.) A bit of all three. I really love Joel, I have a love-hate view of Ellie where sometimes I enjoy her and other times I want to ring her scrawny neck I loved Bill and Tess too. But the characters all feel pretty real and none of them are at all hammy and stuff. It tends to shift between gritty world and beautiful world at times and the transitions tend to be stark but well-done.

3.) They can be, yes. A bit of both. Some scenes are pretty great because of the raw action, other scenes are powerful because of the emotion. The beginning of the game actually makes my heart feel a bit erupting and the Steak House scene actually made me tear up a little when I first played through the game and it still touches me too. It's got quite a bit of both raw emotion and action scenes.

4.) That's kind of a tricky question and entirely up to individual interpretation. The gameplay's pretty good, but overall it's a pretty 'on the rails' story and the gameplay isn't very diverse. It's fun to replay time to time, but is fun to replay back to back constantly? I don't think so, but it's entirely up to the individual to decide, really.

• Heists likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users