Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Last of Us

2,845 replies to this topic
AhmadMJamal
  • AhmadMJamal

There are some screwa I hope we run into.

• Members
  • India

Posted 09 January 2015 - 01:28 AM

I love this game and I can't believe I almost wept when I thought

Spoiler
Such a good story and leaving it open like that to the players interpretation...It's one of the few scary games I've played.

Me too bro. Cried for 2 minutes. Beautiful story.

• Vertighost likes this

Zondar
  • Zondar

Puttin' on an iron shirt.......

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:16 PM Edited by KnobCheez, 14 January 2015 - 07:32 PM.

Re. Marlene.
Spoiler

If she got the promotion I dread to think how bad the competition must've been. :D
  • Corndog93 likes this

.JokeR
  • .JokeR

Madness is the emergency exit.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:58 PM

Spoiler

Zondar
  • Zondar

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:17 PM

That would be a good game, but would they do it? I don't really see how they make make such an emotionally involving story with that, not with Joel as a protagonist anyway. Maybe have Joel and his crew as villains?
Is there no more DLC in the works?
Spoiler

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:28 PM

Spoiler

Zondar
  • Zondar

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:40 PM

Spoiler

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:41 AM Edited by jamieleng, 15 January 2015 - 01:42 AM.

f*ck me, that level in the hotel basement is so nerve shredding it's not even funny.
Joel really is a bad muthaf*cka, no way would I do any of that sh*t!

Yeah, that's hands down the scariest part of the game, unless you're playing on Easy. The Bloater really f*cks everything up and it was horrible to fight it on my first try at that level, I think I just ran to the door after I restored the power because I gave up trying, the scenario design doesn't helpt a bit, in the first encounter at the school it was at open space and with Bill's help.
The almost-clicker infected's little hide and seek game was also creepy when you got the card, I didn't expected that, as soon as I heard the noise and saw it hiding I lost my sh*t.

Now it's easier because I know their weakness - molotovs, they'll be down with 2 or 3 molotovs and a few shots depending on the difficulty.
The part in the University dorm rooms was an absolute nightmare for me. There are just so many infected in a small area I was tearing my hair out. Throw in a Bloater & it can go very wrong, very quickly.

I'm going to have to try another playthrough on the PS4 with the copy that came bundled with it.

.JokeR
  • .JokeR

Madness is the emergency exit.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:59 AM

Try that on grounded. With only half a shiv. I only managed to be able to kill on clicker and snuck past the rest. When I started pushing the door the damn bloater woke up and almost grabbed me.

ChrilLe
  • ChrilLe

I missed my own 1 year anniversary! ;_;

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:34 PM

Spoiler

Zondar
  • Zondar

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:49 PM Edited by KnobCheez, 15 January 2015 - 07:56 PM.

Spoiler
  • jamieleng, Alarming and Vertighost like this

dingodile_r89
  • dingodile_r89

Chronic racist Indian

• Members
  • India

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:23 PM

Try that on grounded. With only half a shiv. I only managed to be able to kill on clicker and snuck past the rest. When I started pushing the door the damn bloater woke up and almost grabbed me.

You don't need to kill anything there, even on Grounded. Just need to be really careful when sneaking past the stationary clicker.
  • Alarming likes this

Bandalamente
  • Bandalamente

About to press reset

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:27 AM

Didn't dare open this thread while playing, funny tho u lot almost every post is a spoiler. Got this free with my GTA PS4 bundle, dang if the story isn't gonna live with me a whole lot longer than the three los santos musketeers.
Man, I thought BF4 stressed me out, this game actually creates anxiety. Haha why do we do that? 'Please take my money and make me feel like life is a nightmare, thanks!'

Spoiler

I spent half the time in photo mode! got some sweet shots of the story, will be a nice reminder later on flicking thru PS captures. Will try and bung a couple on here for ya.
  • jamieleng and Vertighost like this

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 January 2015 - 05:33 AM

I got gun when not supposed to get gun.

Vertighost
  • Vertighost

SMS2 SNES N64 NGC PS2 PS3 PS4

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:38 AM

Finishing Alien Isolation, really helps me with stealth playing TLOU on grounded...really miss that First person perspective.

quxxo
  • quxxo

Don't forget your Shark Card!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:13 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago Edited by FiS!!HeR, A day ago.

I started playing The Last of Us a week ago, but now decided to stop. To start with, I'm not into horror games, even the slightest form of horror. In many parts of the game, the intense, due to attacks from mutants, is so high that my heart beats so fast. At many parts of the game leading to the hydroelectric dam, I questioned myself many times if I should continue playing until, for some reason, the save file was deleted from my PS4 hard disk. At this point, I decided to leave it behind and never come back. There's no way I would live these intense moments from the start again.

That's unfortunate because I really liked the game. The pace and maturity of the story, the survival-based gameplay, the heavy body physics and the open environment design define the excellence of the game. It's really a unique experience that there's almost no game, with these elements, like it in the market. If it was only a mutant-free game while keeping the theme of post-apocalyptic world only with a different apocalypse initiator (an earthquake?). I don't know if changing this initiator would give a different impression of the game, but at least it would be playable for me.

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

Ihr müsst mich in den Stahl hinablassen.

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A day ago

This isn't even a game with big horror factor. If you played "Amnesia the dark descent" or other games, you would die from a heart attack, judging from your post.

Jvaz615
  • Jvaz615

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

You're missing out on one of the highest quality gaming experiences in recent memory if you do not play through TLOU

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

I realize that, but I would rather not force myself into tense experiences with interactive games. I already had enough during my first playthrough, especially in the hotel basement. Maybe if the save file wasn't deleted, I would have most likely completed the story, but now a start from scratch is very worrying. I can watch mutant-themed movies (i.e., 28 Days Later), but an interactive game, no, it's worrisome. I tell you guys, I feel comfortable now that I already sold it, but I hope that we get a similar game with a mutant-free world.

Zondar
  • Zondar

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted A day ago

That hotel basement though.
It was even worse on my second play-through. I was literally shaking when I got to the other side of that door.
  • Zello likes this

Mr.Nedich
  • Mr.Nedich

Baratheon Bannerman

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted A day ago

It was even worse on my second play-through. I was literally shaking when I got to the other side of that door.

The one portion of the game I dread besides Ellie and the Sawmill. :(

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A day ago

The Last of Us is not scary in the least.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired Gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

When you get to that basement though I noticed it got darker and darker as you make your way down. Then BAM!!! Something pops out I sh*t my pants turn off the PS4 I didn't come back to it til like and hour or two later.

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A day ago

The Basement is nothing when your stealthing the Salt Lake tunnel with all those infected

Jvaz615
  • Jvaz615

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

There are a lot of white knuckle moments in the game but they are spread out in such a way that they stay special when they happened
  • Alarming likes this

Mr.Nedich
  • Mr.Nedich

Baratheon Bannerman

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 22 hours ago

The Basement is nothing when your stealthing the Salt Lake tunnel with all those infected

By the time I get to SLC, I just don't care anymore in terms of the resources and I just tactically lure the mobs to one spot, burn them all then burn the Bloaters.

There are a lot of white knuckle moments in the game but they are spread out in such a way that they stay special when they happened

I was never THAT scared, but TLoU has made me very jump prone and on edge in portions. (Beginning of the game just after Boston when you're trying to sneak around all those Clickers for the first time? Whoo boy)

But I agree on the last part. TLoU is a very weird game. If any game deals with zombies, infected, social disorder and other society crumbling simulations, the game is always dark and grim. TLoU has this very interesting ability to have a lot of darkness and grimness, yet they often tend to be at crucial moments or they're subtly introduced. Yet on the otherhand, the game has some of the most beautiful scenic moments be it that view of the Boston Capitol, walking through nature after Boston, the view of Pittsburgh, the trip to the Jackson Dam and that one scene at SLC at the bus station (No spoilers in case anyone reading is a first timer).

The game leaves me with a mostly positive opinion of it and I've played through it several times and its flaws are not severely problematic and I'd say that at worst this game is a 8.5 and 9.5 at best.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users