» «
Photo

The Last of Us

2,473 replies to this topic
Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 22 hours ago

I just don't think you can appreciate how much better it is until you experience it yourself. You can tell me 30fps isn't choppy and unresponsive until you're blue in the face, but I've tried it after playing at 60fps and I can safely say that it is. You're really underestimating the improvement, and I truly believe your opinion will change after playing at 60fps. At the very least, if it doesn't, I will respect it enough to agree to disagree.

Klider
  • Klider

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 hours ago

Picked this up today for my PS4, hoping it's as good as it's said to be, I fear that the hype behind it has raised my expectations a little too high and that the game won't live up to them, but we'll see.

hvcciookay
  • hvcciookay

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 22 hours ago

What a sh*tty remake of "something in the way" in the trailer. My god... Game looks great, but i'd like to see a larger dlc bog enough to incorporate new fleshed out characters and enemies.

Fyi, i'm that guy who enjoys to watch silent gameplays of games like this as if it was a movie. I've seen the entire game and that dlc, and i loved every bit of it!

one55
  • one55

Dirty Playstation Peasant!

• Members

Posted 21 hours ago Edited by one55, 21 hours ago.

I just don't think you can appreciate how much better it is until you experience it yourself. You can tell me 30fps isn't choppy and unresponsive until you're blue in the face, but I've tried it after playing at 60fps and I can safely say that it is. You're really underestimating the improvement, and I truly believe your opinion will change after playing at 60fps. At the very least, if it doesn't, I will respect it enough to agree to disagree.

I don't like 60fps in games. Makes me feel sick and just doesn't look right. I'll take a solid 30fps or maybe even 40fps. I just don't agree with 60fps at all. 

• gta_aus likes this

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 19 hours ago

tumblr_n9kxt4Wg3g1shnj3zo1_1280.jpg

• dice likes this

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Olympics

Posted 19 hours ago

I'm so ready for this game. It's coming through the post for tomorrow and I got Saturday off work so I can mong out and play it all weekend :)

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

I'll choose the truth I like.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 hours ago

^So you were bitching about this game but you didn't even play it? Hopefully you will learn not to judge a book by its cover but by its content next time you decide to hate on something for no reason ;)

He did the same thing in the Watch_Dogs topic.

And every other game that isn't GTA.

Damn it, I wish I could afford a PS4. I don't think I want to sell my Xbone just yet.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 17 hours ago

Freako not to be an asshole but sometimes I really think you're just doing nothing but playing this game to find all the glitches and errors.

(and yes, it has some glitches/errors... thus far not much). The only thing that bothers me is they haven't changed one bit to the AI's intelligence. I hoped a smarter, more dynamic AI. (more like how they showed us at E3 years ago). Unfortunatly, this will never happen I guess.

Also, f*ck ME. Doing a 'all collectibles run'. Ran past one and a cutscene started. Cannot go back. I'm early in the game to (Tess & Ellie going through the Goldberg building/now in the lowest parts). Really considering starting all over.

And for some reasons savegames (the ones you save yourself) only save 'at the start' of the encounter you're in. Not at the exact moment you're playing. Which blows.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 17 hours ago Edited by Pat, 17 hours ago.

Yeah, I was trying to get the shiv door in the museum cafe and I could not for the life of me find binding anywhere. Like, three Clickers so I'm thinking "okay the game has to give me materials to make a shiv," and I killed all three of them without using one, but there was no binding anywhere. After I went and saved Tess I tried going back and the door was shut. I just made it out of Pittsburgh and I swear binding has been the rarest material throughout my entire playthrough. I'm also trying to decide how to handle my survival upgrades. So far I've put in a single point for weapon sway, two for listen distance, and one for maximum health. I'm deciding between maxing out listen distance or maxing out weapon sway. I'm tempted to go for the latter, but the first point helped improve it so much (to the point where I'm consistently headshotting enemies as they rush me) that I'm not sure if the second point is worth it.

One final thing: why don't more people upgrade the Hunting Rifle? Both playthroughs I watched when the game came out, the people playing completely ignored it, and only upgraded it at the very end when they had already maxed out everything else. So far I've only increased the magazine capacity and added the scope and it's already my favorite weapon against hunters.

Rocket2055
  • Rocket2055

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Ireland

Posted 14 hours ago

i am so excited for the remastered edition,i definitely i am getting it for my PS4.

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 hours ago

Freako not to be an asshole but sometimes I really think you're just doing nothing but playing this game to find all the glitches and errors.

(and yes, it has some glitches/errors... thus far not much). The only thing that bothers me is they haven't changed one bit to the AI's intelligence. I hoped a smarter, more dynamic AI. (more like how they showed us at E3 years ago). Unfortunatly, this will never happen I guess.

Also, f*ck ME. Doing a 'all collectibles run'. Ran past one and a cutscene started. Cannot go back. I'm early in the game to (Tess & Ellie going through the Goldberg building/now in the lowest parts). Really considering starting all over.

And for some reasons savegames (the ones you save yourself) only save 'at the start' of the encounter you're in. Not at the exact moment you're playing. Which blows.

What if you missed a collectible? Like what if you ran past something or didn't see something? Then it's technically not a "all collectibles" run ;)

But, I love doing "all collectibles" run as well. Always kind of fun and challenging. It's fun at least... until you miss something.

• FullMetal likes this

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 8 hours ago

That's exactly what I'm doing.

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

THR-MC ✠ PREZ

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 7 hours ago

Alrighty,
Any of you f*ckers up for playing Remastered Factions?

PSN ID: THR-MC_PRESIDENT

Just throw us a friend request, or throw me in a party with your friends, whatever.
Just tired of having to try and lone wolf the multiplayer.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 2 hours ago Edited by FullMetal, 2 hours ago.

What if you missed a collectible? Like what if you ran past something or didn't see something? Then it's technically not a "all collectibles" run ;)

But, I love doing "all collectibles" run as well. Always kind of fun and challenging. It's fun at least... until you miss something.

That's why I said, reconsidering restarting due to the 'missed' collectible. f*cking sucks. Not sure if just going to continue and ignore the collectibles from now on and go for the shiv doors at least (and go for some upgrades for later in game +). 

Which I'll probably be doing. Also, most people SUCK in this game online. Much more enjoyable with the 60 frames per second... also great how the DLC maps are considered as 'basic' maps now (no more different lobby searches thank god).

People focus way too much on primary weapons and 'buyable' weapons... the revolver is a f*cking beast I tell you. Just play with revolver, put alot of skills (fast crouch walking, crafting that gives you presents to give to teammates, extra 'loot'/...) and you can easily beat an entire team by yourself.

Also first go for the middle lootboxes... then for the one at your inital spawn. People don't seem to get the logic of that too...

5 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users