Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Romania
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:49 PM

A movie, interesting

Yet stupid. It won't turn out well; I can feel it. Just leave it alone; the game is good enough.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:51 PM

I got as far as ellie and Joel's initial arrival in Pittsburgh and just forgot about the game tbh. How far a long in the story am I?

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:53 PM

I got as far as ellie and Joel's initial arrival in Pittsburgh and just forgot about the game tbh. How far a long in the story am I?

About 19% into the game. 

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:00 PM

Is this game any good,or is it just like Resident Evil cause i dont have a PS3?

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:03 PM

TLoU is a very good game. If you do get a PS3, you should definitely get it. 

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:28 PM

TLoU is a very good game. If you do get a PS3, you should definitely get it. 

I will thanks,the reason i asked was because of the ammount of Spamming you get on youtube videos relating to GTA 5 or CoD with alot of Fanboys saying it the "Greatest Game EVER Made" Well i will try get it,thanks again btw :)

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:31 PM

The Last of Us is an extremely excellent game.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:52 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 08 March 2014 - 09:53 PM.

Well that the 2nd time someone is telling me this here today,LSPD also said that.Thanks btw.but I will Love if someone can tell me what makes this great so "SPECIAL" than Resident Evil,btw i dont like Horror games (but i will try it one of these days) :)

Dboi 420
  • Dboi 420

Playground Predator

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:50 AM

Well that the 2nd time someone is telling me this here today,LSPD also said that.Thanks btw.but I will Love if someone can tell me what makes this great so "SPECIAL" than Resident Evil,btw i dont like Horror games (but i will try it one of these days) :)

I never played Resident Evil so I can't really compare them, but TLoU isn't really a "horror" type game. There are moments that might scare you and make you jump if you play late at night, but majority of the game is based outdoors and mostly during the day... mostly.

What makes TLoU so special is it's incredible story, aswell as the emotional attatchment you gain from the characters. The stunning graphics and motion-capture combined with the award winning voice acting creates an extremely cinematic and immersive universe with many unique and interesting characters and environments.

The gameplay is very cinematic. From having a conversation with a companion, to sneaking around a group of enemies, it all flows smoothly. The action is nail biting and it keeps you on the edge of your seat, and as previously stated, some moments might spook you to the point of pausing. Though that is only a portion of the game. You will spend most of your playtime exploring the linear areas scavenging supplies to upgrade your character, or resources to create and upgrade weapons.

There are many enemy encounters throughout the game but it's possible to stealth around almost all of them, though there are a few scenes were it's mandatory to kill everybody. The combat has been deemed repetative by most reviewers, so i'm assuming everyone did the easiest and most common kill on every enemy in the game. If you sneak up behind an enemy you are able to grab them, and if no other enemy is alerted you can strangle them. It's very useful since it's quiet and requires no weapon resources, but it's the same animation every time so it does get repetative very fast. The key to prevent repetativness is variety. You can craft a knife to stealthily stab an enemy, or throw a bottle to group enemies together and burn them all with a molotov, or go leeroy jenkins and rush with a shotgun. Long story short, there are other options besides the strangle move.

I didn't expect this post to be so big, but hopefully I got my point across. The Last of Us truely is an incredible milestone for gaming this generation. :^:  

• Miamivicecity likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:01 AM

I never played Resident Evil so I can't really compare them, but TLoU isn't really a "horror" type game. There are moments that might scare you and make you jump if you play late at night, but majority of the game is based outdoors and mostly during the day... mostly.

What makes TLoU so special is it's incredible story, aswell as the emotional attatchment you gain from the characters. The stunning graphics and motion-capture combined with the award winning voice acting creates an extremely cinematic and immersive universe with many unique and interesting characters and environments.

The gameplay is very cinematic. From having a conversation with a companion, to sneaking around a group of enemies, it all flows smoothly. The action is nail biting and it keeps you on the edge of your seat, and as previously stated, some moments might spook you to the point of pausing. Though that is only a portion of the game. You will spend most of your playtime exploring the linear areas scavenging supplies to upgrade your character, or resources to create and upgrade weapons.

There are many enemy encounters throughout the game but it's possible to stealth around almost all of them, though there are a few scenes were it's mandatory to kill everybody. The combat has been deemed repetative by most reviewers, so i'm assuming everyone did the easiest and most common kill on every enemy in the game. If you sneak up behind an enemy you are able to grab them, and if no other enemy is alerted you can strangle them. It's very useful since it's quiet and requires no weapon resources, but it's the same animation every time so it does get repetative very fast. The key to prevent repetativness is variety. You can craft a knife to stealthily stab an enemy, or throw a bottle to group enemies together and burn them all with a molotov, or go leeroy jenkins and rush with a shotgun. Long story short, there are other options besides the strangle move.

I didn't expect this post to be so big, but hopefully I got my point across. The Last of Us truely is an incredible milestone for gaming this generation. :^:  

Alright,cool,i will get it.thanks for explaining btw.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:25 AM Edited by Freakorama, 09 March 2014 - 10:50 AM.

As creepy as I am, I will never be this creepy.

tumblr_n25alij6ow1shnj3zo1_1280.png

Let's get away from that with something sweet.
tumblr_n25zvaNZo31shnj3zo1_r1_500.jpg

And then go ahead and ruin it all again.
tumblr_n25wdgqwXl1shnj3zo1_r3_500.jpg

Dat's what I'm talkin' bowt.

• FranklinDeRoosevelt likes this

Dboi 420
  • Dboi 420

Playground Predator

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:00 PM

It's strange how dark and twisted some people are even before the apocalypse. :blink: :barf: :sui:

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:20 PM Edited by Lil Jacob 27, 10 March 2014 - 07:24 PM.

There's a girl across the street from me that looks like ellie. I'd make a move but she's 16 and I'm 19 and that's considered rape here...

Got two questions:
1.How old is joel?
2.How come some infected can see you but others can't? Especially during the university level.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:21 PM

I want this game having successfully refurbished (Ebay and Pawnshops ARE your friends) 2 Playstation 3 consoles back to working order.... I can't find the game at any used store in town, but they do have multiples of GTA 5 already. Damn!

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:58 PM

Let's get away from that with something sweet.
tumblr_n25zvaNZo31shnj3zo1_r1_500.jpg

And then go ahead and ruin it all again.
tumblr_n25wdgqwXl1shnj3zo1_r3_500.jpg

Dat's what I'm talkin' bowt.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:16 PM

I didn't want to spoil much of actual gameplay, but I got a more introductory trailer via PSN online my PS3 whilest inbetween games. This was some months ago. Figured even being PS3 exclusive and a major title, would be in the used stores by now, but I can't find it yet. Hope it's affordable too. I'm seeing Skyrim under $20 bucks now, and saw Saints Row 4 used too, I believe that's a hard to find used title. One also on my list, but again, hard to find used here, Far Cry 3

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:09 AM Edited by Freakorama, 11 March 2014 - 01:10 AM.

tumblr_n27g447HrN1shnj3zo1_500.png
tumblr_n27g5cayKO1shnj3zo1_r1_500.png

Someone PM'd me a death threat because of the last picture.

Because apparently fiction deserves death. Lel.

• The Leviathan likes this

Terrato137
  • Terrato137

The One

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:31 AM Edited by Terrato137, 11 March 2014 - 06:37 AM.

There's a girl across the street from me that looks like ellie. I'd make a move but she's 16 and I'm 19 and that's considered rape here...

Got two questions:
1.How old is joel?
2.How come some infected can see you but others can't? Especially during the university level.

1. He looks like he's in his upper 40s, but I think he's in his 50s

2. Runners can see you with their eyes I believe, Clickers work off sound, Stalkers are the midpoint between runners and clickers.

The stage of "infection" in the infected goes like this, Runner->Stalker->Clicker->Bloater. The worse ones to fight, imo anyway, are Stalkers, even Joel mentions he hates those specifically I think.

I didn't want to spoil much of actual gameplay, but I got a more introductory trailer via PSN online my PS3 whilest inbetween games. This was some months ago. Figured even being PS3 exclusive and a major title, would be in the used stores by now, but I can't find it yet. Hope it's affordable too. I'm seeing Skyrim under $20 bucks now, and saw Saints Row 4 used too, I believe that's a hard to find used title. One also on my list, but again, hard to find used here, Far Cry 3

TLoU is probly hard to find bcuz it's such a good game. I traded mine in a while back after pre-ordering it and finally finishing it, still not sure why I traded it in the first place, but I just bought it back again. Used copy here is $54.99, and the game is almost a year old I think.

The Leviathan
  • The Leviathan

Goof the floof.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Contributor [Movies & TV] 2012
    Best Writer 2012
    Story of the Year 2012 "Grand Theft Auto V"
    Best Concept Story 2012 "The Story of Albert de Silva"

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:16 PM

Because apparently fiction deserves death. Lel.

Fiction is what makes life worth living, imho.

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:04 PM Edited by Lil Jacob 27, 12 March 2014 - 07:05 PM.

What's you guys main loadout in mp? Mine is:
-9mm
-silenced hunting rifle
-Coverted 1
-sharpshooter 2
-brawler 2

I usually get MVP with this set so I'm happy with it.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:30 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 12 March 2014 - 07:31 PM.

Goodluck to The Last of Us today at the Bafta Awards.

Terrato137
  • Terrato137

The One

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:57 PM

-9mm
-silenced hunting rifle
-Coverted 1
-sharpshooter 2
-brawler 2

-Revolver
-Covert Training 2
-Crafter 2
Assault Rifle

Sometimes I change it around. I'm not at my ps3 right now so I don't fully remember.

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:55 PM

-9mm
-silenced hunting rifle
-Coverted 1
-sharpshooter 2
-brawler 2

9mm
Semi Rifle
Flamethrower
Bomb Expert 2
Crafter 2
Healer 1
And a 4th perk but I can't remember

Chrome_Adderz
  • Chrome_Adderz

Johanna Marston

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:39 AM

This game gave me the best 13 hours of my life. :)
I think the story is more touching than GTA V's, to be honest.

Though, I admit, I've had more fun on my second playthrough on easy+.

BTW, how's the MP? I haven't tried it yet 'cause we currently don't have an internet connection.

• Dboi 420 likes this

Dboi 420
  • Dboi 420

Playground Predator

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:23 PM Edited by DestructoBoi420_2.0, 16 March 2014 - 03:25 PM.

GTA V never hit me in the feels the way TLOU did. Though to be fair they're two completely different games.

Niel Druckman is so underrated.

Terrato137
  • Terrato137

The One

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:54 PM

BTW, how's the MP? I haven't tried it yet 'cause we currently don't have an internet connection.

It's great. It really focuses on team play. If you go solo and try to win, 9 times outta 10, you're dead before you can down someone. It has the crafting singleplayer has, plus you can buy special weapons if you have 1 added on to whatever loadout you're currently using.

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:48 PM

^Bow is king online (in the right hands)

Terrato137
  • Terrato137

The One

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:59 PM

^Bow is king online (in the right hands)

As annoying as it can be, this is true.

The Leviathan
  • The Leviathan

Goof the floof.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Contributor [Movies & TV] 2012
    Best Writer 2012
    Story of the Year 2012 "Grand Theft Auto V"
    Best Concept Story 2012 "The Story of Albert de Silva"

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:18 PM

How long is the DLC, fellas?

Terrato137
  • Terrato137

The One

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:30 PM

How long is the DLC, fellas?

Bout 2-3 hours, depending on how much time you take. The Factions maps the DLC adds are pretty nice too imo.

• The Leviathan likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users